Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Best Touhou?
This poll is closed.
Alice Margatroid 23 15.86%
i'm wrong 61 42.07%
Any/every other Touhou except the one Boom Boom Boom likes 61 42.07%
Total: 145 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
Motto
Aug 3, 2013

Namtab posted:

They don't have baps

they can, technically. but you don't want them to.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Namtab
Feb 22, 2010

Motto posted:

they can, technically. but you don't want them to.

MOOBS ARE NOT BAPS

Senerio
Oct 19, 2009

Roëmænce is ælive!
He said it himself, he's just a sexy boy (Sexy boy!) and he's not your boy toy!

Sharkopath
May 27, 2009

in old game news i have determined after extensive testing with a friend that the time curry faction in brutal legend is incredibly broken and absolutely unstoppable by tier 3, in that games multiplayer

Sharkopath
May 27, 2009

this news affects nobody and no one.

Davincie
Jul 7, 2008

i can't believe people are still playing the brutal legend multiplayer

Davincie
Jul 7, 2008

who wants to play sacrifice, the game that brutal legend copied

Davincie
Jul 7, 2008

one of my all time gotys

Bad Seafood
Dec 10, 2010

If you must blink, do it now.
Sacrifice was a good game.

Sharkopath
May 27, 2009

Davincie posted:

one of my all time gotys

Ya sacrifice rules and that's part of why I still respect brutal legend cause who the heck was even thinking about sacrifice at that time

Namtab
Feb 22, 2010

ME, TO MY YUI SHRINE

Sharkopath
May 27, 2009

A game designer was a real big fan of sacrifice and wanted to try to bring it back but it didn't work

Bad Seafood
Dec 10, 2010

IIRC Tim Schafter claimed in an interview he'd never played Sacrifice, but did so after it was brought up in comparison to Brutal Legend and called it a great game.

Space Flower
Sep 10, 2014

by Games Forum

good taste. the retirement match with ric flair was the high note I ended my WWE phase on.

Sharkopath
May 27, 2009

Imagine the world of sacrifice clones, as opposed to our extant world of moba clones

Davincie
Jul 7, 2008

its out

the subs are really bad

Sharkopath
May 27, 2009

Bad Seafood posted:

IIRC Tim Schafter claimed in an interview he'd never played Sacrifice, but did so after it was brought up in comparison to Brutal Legend and called it a great game.

That's bull, or he didn't work on the rts design stuff and somebody else was pushing that

El Burbo
Oct 10, 2012

Tarranon posted:

you're not even old enough to drink

That's never stopped anyone, least of all me

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

I remember how nobody knew that Brutal Legend was an RTS until like the very day of its release.

Sharkopath
May 27, 2009

Cause its straight up sacrifice

boom boom boom
Jun 28, 2012

by Shine

Namtab posted:

Men can't be sexy

that's not true

Davincie
Jul 7, 2008

Motto posted:

I remember how nobody knew that Brutal Legend was an RTS until like the very day of its release.

thats such bullshit. i knew that poo poo ahead of time, the information was out there and its why i bought it/ idk how people just didn't notice

Sharkopath
May 27, 2009

The only change was swapping the mana
Well resource to a construction one and removing the soul stuff, which sort of fixes the stalemate problem but not really

Polsy
Mar 23, 2007

Davincie posted:

its out

the subs are really bad

I haven't been able to consume any more SYD anyway since I tried to read all the manga and couldn't take any more setup-setup-sex joke-reaction

Senerio
Oct 19, 2009

Roëmænce is ælive!
So what did you do today, chat thread? I spent all day playing Yandere Simulator and SMAS.

Sharkopath
May 27, 2009

Davincie posted:

thats such bullshit. i knew that poo poo ahead of time, the information was out there and its why i bought it/ idk how people just didn't notice

Yah they were pushing it in preview events, just not the marketing stuff

boom boom boom
Jun 28, 2012

by Shine
Barnes and noble is doing a buy 2 get one free sale on manga. Maybe I should get some manga...

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

Davincie posted:

I remember those elements not being prominent in the trailers or the demo and people getting mad about it, though my recollections are pretty vague since I didn't follow the game closely on account of not having a 360 or PS3 at the time.

Jarogue
Nov 3, 2012

Namtab posted:

Men can't be sexy

Strange Quark
Oct 15, 2012

I Failed At Anime 2022

would not

Srice
Sep 11, 2011

Sharkopath posted:

i love that its their first attempt at scanlation and theyre doing such a good job at it

whatever series they pick after helck will have blessed fans

drat that's great for the first try. I hope they stick with scanlating other things.

Dangerous Person
Apr 4, 2011

Not dead yet

boom boom boom posted:

Barnes and noble is doing a buy 2 get one free sale on manga. Maybe I should get some manga...

This happens literally the day after I buy two volumes of Mobile Suit Gundam: The Origin. Those fuckers.

Bad Seafood
Dec 10, 2010

Sharkopath posted:

That's bull, or he didn't work on the rts design stuff and somebody else was pushing that
I'm trying to find the source of the interview, but everything I've found so far quotes a now defunct link.

That said, I did find this:

Some Interview Everybody Seems to Have Snippit Transcripts of But Nobody Has in Full posted:

GP: One of our users wanted to know if you ever played Sacrifice, and if you did whether that game had any influence on how Brutal Legend's multiplayer worked?

Schafer: I did play Sacrifice only after the game was in production, someone said "hey this game is starting to play a bit like Sacrifice" and I had never heard of it. I gave it a shot and really enjoyed it. But it was definitely different, very point-n-click. Really the game that most influenced Brutal Legend was Herzog Zwei, the old Sega Genesis game. Have you played that game?

GP: I have not.

Schafer: That was really where the whole theme of having an avatar who can fly, land and command troops came from. There just aren't that many third-person games where you control an army of people like an RTS, so I think it's natural to be compared to Sacrifice. We actually ended up hiring one of the programmers on Sacrifice by accident.

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

http://original.livestream.com/nitecrew

we're going to be watching space mutiny in a few minutes

in a few minutes

when the cumburglar gets there

whenever that is

Droyer
Oct 9, 2012

Senerio posted:

So what did you do today, chat thread? I spent all day playing Yandere Simulator and SMAS.

I just did the epic xcx sidequest about how racism is bad

El Burbo
Oct 10, 2012

BAD MOVIE

Senerio
Oct 19, 2009

Roëmænce is ælive!

Droyer posted:

I just did the epic xcx sidequest about how racism is bad

Which one? Alex?

What's yer NNID?

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k

Davincie posted:

it wasnt in the demo soooooooooo

Droyer
Oct 9, 2012

Senerio posted:

Which one? Alex?

What's yer NNID?

No it's not a friendship quest or whatever they're called, it's just a random quest in the commercial district about a woman refusing to allow ma-non customers into her store.

Also my NNID is Droyer

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

littleorv
Jan 29, 2011

Stairmaster posted:

we're going to be watching space mutiny in a few minutes

in a few minutes

when the cumburglar gets there

whenever that is

Reb Brown!