Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Thom and the Heads
Oct 27, 2010

Farscape is actually pretty cool.
I did it all for Tumblr

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nostradingus
Jul 13, 2009

I thought the semicolon tattoo was for colon cancer survivors.

Pigsfeet on Rye
Oct 22, 2008

I'm meat on the hoof

Nostradingus posted:

I thought the semicolon tattoo was for colon cancer survivors.

Yeah, that and Crohn's is what I thought.

HungryMedusa
Apr 28, 2003

I guess this person takes credit for the whole thing:

http://diply.com/perfection/project-semicolon-tattoo-meaning-mental-health/153229

E: and then in the comments people get mad about them stealing from people with digestive issues. None of them know how to properly use a semicolon.

HungryMedusa has a new favorite as of 18:13 on Dec 31, 2015

BOOTY-ADE
Aug 30, 2006

BIG KOOL TELLIN' Y'ALL TO KEEP IT TIGHT
I jokingly told my friends and family I'd get a semicolon tattoo after my diverticulitis surgery. Maybe I'll just get a zipper tattooed over the scar instead.

blarzgh
Apr 14, 2009

SNITCHIN' RANDY
Grimey Drawer

Grump posted:

It's a neat idea if they are keys to a brass instrument.

Brilliant!

Dr. Lunchables
Dec 27, 2012

IRL DEBUFFED KOBOLD

blarzgh posted:

Brilliant!

These three circles are because I played the trumpet for two years in high school.

TheKennedys
Sep 23, 2006

By my hand, I will take you from this godforsaken internet

Johnny Truant posted:

And it's not in this topic yet? For shame. :colbert:

Sadly I don't have a picture of it and she's not quite trashy enough to put it on her facebook. I don't think. Hm. Now I'm curious.

nihilistic_fish
Mar 3, 2004
"Anyone in a free society where the laws are unjust has an obligation to break the law." - Henry David Thoreau
Group tattoo from FB.

"lettuce turnip the beet" = let us turn up the beat... I guess.

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Woodenlung
Dec 10, 2013

Calculating Infinity
It annoys me way more, that the middle photo is so loving out of focus

Zamboni Rodeo
Jul 19, 2007

NEVER play "Lady of Spain" AGAIN!

Lord Frisk posted:

These three circles are because I played the trumpet for two years in high school.

So what kind of tattoo do you get if you play the trombone?

Pigsfeet on Rye
Oct 22, 2008

I'm meat on the hoof

Zamboni_Rodeo posted:

I don't know, but if you play the saxophone, you can get a tattoo of Monica Lewinsky

Fatkraken
Jun 23, 2005

Fun-time is over.

Zamboni_Rodeo posted:

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

behold i have tempered and refined thee, but not as silver; as CRAB

Zamboni_Rodeo posted:

There are keyed trombones.

13Pandora13
Nov 5, 2008

I've got tiiits that swingle dangle dingle

LingcodKilla posted:

There are keyed trombones.

For heathens, maybe.

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

behold i have tempered and refined thee, but not as silver; as CRAB

13Pandora13 posted:

For heathens, maybe.

I got switched to it after braces got put on. Trumpet was murdering my lips.

I was like 4rth chair anyways.

moerketid
Jul 3, 2012

A goldmine of lovely, instantly regrettable hipster tattoos. Thanks Pinterest.

25 Meaningful Tattoos For Introverts

Ellie Crabcakes
Feb 1, 2008

Stop emailing my boyfriend Gay Crungus

Zamboni_Rodeo posted:

Zamboni Rodeo
Jul 19, 2007

NEVER play "Lady of Spain" AGAIN!

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^ :golfclap:

moerketid posted:

A goldmine of lovely, instantly regrettable hipster tattoos. Thanks Pinterest.

25 Meaningful Tattoos For Introverts

"Yes, I'd like to get this tattoo I found on the internet. It has no personal meaning to me, but the internet says it's cool."

hyperhazard
Dec 4, 2011

I am the one lascivious
With magic potion niveous

quote:

Carpe diem. Meaning "seize the day," this quote, written by author Henry David Thoreau, was made famous by Robin William's character in Dead Poet's Society. The original "YOLO," it sounds fancier and looks great tattooed.

There needs to be a smiley that's someone facepalming while shooting themself.

ShinyBirdTeeth
Nov 7, 2011

sparkle sparkle sparkle
I like the suggestion that those apprehensive about tattoos start by tattooing designs onto their hands... The design looks cool enough and all, but why would an introvert, of all people, start with such visible real estate? Then again, I assume no one is actually getting life advice from a listicle.

Autumn Angel
Jan 18, 2014

What does getting an interesting, detailed tattoo have to do with being extroverted? It seems like an extension of this dumb cultural movement where introverts keep coming up with an endless list of reasons why they are special and different, and why society doesn't understand them.

Decrepus
May 21, 2008

In the end, his dominion did not touch a single poster.

hyperhazard posted:

There needs to be a smiley that's someone facepalming while shooting themself.

Seize the carp.

Sentient Data
Aug 31, 2011

My molecule scrambler ray will disintegrate your armor with one blow!
It's (intentionally) calling attention to yourself that's an extroverted trait, just like a giant neon mohawk or a boisterous normal speaking voice

Vvv:
Multiple suggestions were things like rings and "alchemy symbols" on fingers

Sentient Data has a new favorite as of 02:51 on Jan 2, 2016

Thin Privilege
Jul 8, 2009
IM A STUPID MORON WITH AN UGLY FACE AND A BIG BUTT AND MY BUTT SMELLS AND I LIKE TO KISS MY OWN BUTT
Gravy Boat 2k

MrMenshevik posted:

I like the suggestion that those apprehensive about tattoos start by tattooing designs onto their hands... The design looks cool enough and all, but why would an introvert, of all people, start with such visible real estate? Then again, I assume no one is actually getting life advice from a listicle.

Where did you see it say that? That's a stupid suggestion nonetheless because if you're apprehensive about getting a tattoo you... Shouldn't get a tattoo. Tattoo removal industry is going to be booming soon.

change my name
Aug 27, 2007

Legends die but anime is forever.

RIP The Lost Otakus.

I'm dating a lady with a very derpy cat tattooed on her stomach, but that'd be mean to post a picture of. Instead, I tried to find out if anyone's ever gotten "poor impulse control" on their forehead cus I loving love me some Snow Crash.

...close enough?

cyberia
Jun 24, 2011

Do not call me that!
Snuffles was my slave name.
You shall now call me Snowball; because my fur is pretty and white.

change my name posted:

I'm dating a lady with a very derpy cat tattooed on her stomach, but that'd be mean to post a picture of. Instead, I tried to find out if anyone's ever gotten "poor impulse control" on their forehead cus I loving love me some Snow Crash.

...close enough?

Looking at how ragged the edges of those letters are that can't be a real tattoo; it has to be done with UV marker.

change my name
Aug 27, 2007

Legends die but anime is forever.

RIP The Lost Otakus.

cyberia posted:

Looking at how ragged the edges of those letters are that can't be a real tattoo; it has to be done with UV marker.

http://news.bme.com/2009/12/16/who-kills-strippers/

It's real :angel:

Dienes
Nov 4, 2009

dee
doot doot dee
doot doot doot
doot doot dee
dee doot doot
doot doot dee
dee doot doot

College Slice

Jesus. Every inch of that man's skin belongs in this thread.

http://news.bme.com/2009/03/09/the-man-with-the-worlds-most-tasteless-tattoos/

hyperhazard
Dec 4, 2011

I am the one lascivious
With magic potion niveous

quote:

I would probably never rape a little kid, but I have “It’s rape time” with candy and little kids’ body parts tattooed on me, and so on.
:stare:

Chakan
Mar 30, 2011
Yeah, if you ever think "that person is getting offended too easily" remember that this dude thinks that about people all the time and you don't want to be like him. Everything is a joke to him because he's too invested in being ironically detached from everything.

DorkusMalorkus
Aug 4, 2009

"That's not Latin!"

Dienes posted:

Jesus. Every inch of that man's skin belongs in this thread.

http://news.bme.com/2009/03/09/the-man-with-the-worlds-most-tasteless-tattoos/

Well at least his tattoos are already broadcasting what a terrible loving rear end in a top hat he is, so you don't even need to talk to him to find out.

ShotgunWillie
Aug 30, 2005

a sexy automaton -