Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

iSheep
Feb 5, 2006

by R. Guyovich
Yeah I just need to be more mindful of my final crop and possibly zoom in a bit more or just shoot out the side windows.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

elgarbo
Mar 26, 2013

This sort of thing always tickles my fancy. I can't resist a good courtyard garden photo.

alkanphel
Mar 24, 2004

Rooftops of Florence by alkanphel, on Flickr

bellows lugosi
Aug 9, 2003

RangerScum
Apr 6, 2006

lol hey there buddy
Happy Holidays by Tom Olson, on Flickr

Dudeabides
Jul 26, 2009

"You better not buy me that goddamn tourist av"

Christmas on Mars by Peter Crain, on Flickr

SMERSH Mouth
Jun 25, 2005

SMERSH Mouth fucked around with this message at 03:50 on Dec 31, 2015

Dread Head
Aug 1, 2005

0-#01

VelociBacon
Dec 8, 2009

Oh poo poo great use of light.

Spedman
Mar 12, 2010

Kangaroos hate Hasselblads
These winter shots look so good when hiding inside from 40C weather.

Spaced God
Feb 8, 2014

All torment, trouble, wonder and amazement
Inhabits here: some heavenly power guide us
Out of this fearful country!

I've been shooting for a bit less than 6 months now and I'm finally getting confident(-ish) in my ability to start posting in these threads. :shobon:
This one's from about a month ago, but I didn't see any rules saying it had to be within x timeframe so I hope it's okay!

Nordic Center, Mt Bachelor, OR by Connor West, on Flickr

thetzar
Apr 22, 2001
Fallen Rib

Untitled by Jason, on Flickr

VelociBacon
Dec 8, 2009

Skytrain New West by Trevor Zuliani, on Flickr

LogisticEarth
Mar 28, 2004

Someone once told me, "Time is a flat circle".

thetzar posted:

I looked at that field and was like "poo poo that looks like Lehigh or Northampton County". And lo and behold, it it's indeed in the valley. Weather has been absolute poo poo here for the past week, so you definitely captured the sense of place there enough for me to recognize it, hah.

I'm assuming the pool was from the area too, whereabouts was that?

thetzar
Apr 22, 2001
Fallen Rib

LogisticEarth posted:

I looked at that field and was like "poo poo that looks like Lehigh or Northampton County". And lo and behold, it it's indeed in the valley. Weather has been absolute poo poo here for the past week, so you definitely captured the sense of place there enough for me to recognize it, hah.

I'm assuming the pool was from the area too, whereabouts was that?

Yes indeed; the pool is on MLK in Allentown, near the 8th Street Bridge. Are you a local? I grew up in Allentown, was out visiting the folks for the holidays. Further photos to follow. I actuallyt hink there's a massive photo series waiting for me in the area, might pop back soon to capture more of the drab.

LogisticEarth
Mar 28, 2004

thetzar posted:

Yes indeed; the pool is on MLK in Allentown, near the 8th Street Bridge. Are you a local? I grew up in Allentown, was out visiting the folks for the holidays. Further photos to follow. I actuallyt hink there's a massive photo series waiting for me in the area, might pop back soon to capture more of the drab.

I'm in Easton, PA now, and grew up over the river in Warren County, NJ. I just moved back from the Philly area so I'm getting reacquainted. I think there's a lot of photo potential, and given that the area has been getting a bit of an economic/cultural resurgence there's bound to be good material. Like 90% of the photography I see for the region is just long exposure flowing streams, barns, and Another-Photo-Of-Bethelhem-Steel. There's a lot of opportunity to do something different, at least in my recent observations.

thetzar
Apr 22, 2001
Fallen Rib

LogisticEarth posted:

I'm in Easton, PA now, and grew up over the river in Warren County, NJ. I just moved back from the Philly area so I'm getting reacquainted. I think there's a lot of photo potential, and given that the area has been getting a bit of an economic/cultural resurgence there's bound to be good material. Like 90% of the photography I see for the region is just long exposure flowing streams, barns, and Another-Photo-Of-Bethelhem-Steel. There's a lot of opportunity to do something different, at least in my recent observations.

It's an interesting area, one going through a LOT of change. Vast fields of tinderstick housing and warehouses going up. Great economically (people finally figured out that 2 hours to NYC isn't that bad), but I can see the area I knew and grew up in (depressing as it was) going away. I was out there earlier this year and got this:
https://www.flickr.com/photos/thetzar/albums/72157657510796612

thetzar
Apr 22, 2001
Fallen Rib
Speaking of more photos...

Soopafly
Mar 27, 2009

I have a peanut allergy.
Speaking of the Philly area and lovely weather....

edit - you know what, fuckit - here's some stuff that I've been sitting on during the year and haven't posted for reasons that are now unknown.

Soopafly fucked around with this message at 19:56 on Dec 31, 2015

LogisticEarth
Mar 28, 2004

thetzar posted:

It's an interesting area, one going through a LOT of change. Vast fields of tinderstick housing and warehouses going up. Great economically (people finally figured out that 2 hours to NYC isn't that bad), but I can see the area I knew and grew up in (depressing as it was) going away. I was out there earlier this year and got this:
https://www.flickr.com/photos/thetzar/albums/72157657510796612

Yeah, I actually just started working for one of the conservation districts so I'm well aware of the big shifts. The good news is regional planning has been developed bit more than the 90s and 2000s so hopefully it'll be a lot smarter than before. Anyway, back to the pictures thread...

Soopafly posted:

I love this. Great use of the PECO banner (I think?) and juxtaposition of row homes/center city.

Judge Schnoopy
Nov 2, 2005

dont even TRY it, pal

Soopafly posted:

edit - you know what, fuckit - here's some stuff that I've been sitting on during the year and haven't posted for reasons that are now unknown.

Yeeessss all four are great. #2 and #3 are a little noisy but given the environment I definitely don't think it detracts from the scene.

akadajet
Sep 14, 2003

owns. especially last one

thetzar
Apr 22, 2001
Fallen Rib

Soopafly posted:

I really dig the lights in these two. Glowing and ominous.

single-mode fiber
Dec 30, 2012

Soopafly
Mar 27, 2009

I have a peanut allergy.
Hey thanks for the compliments - and yeah, its the PECO building right off of the Schuylkill. The picture was pretty much on 23rd and Walnut for those that are familiar.

thetzar
Apr 22, 2001
Fallen Rib

Helen Highwater
Feb 19, 2014

And furthermore
Grimey Drawer
I'm in Zürich for NYE.

IMG_3016.jpg by Iain Compton, on Flickr

IMG_2960.jpg by Iain Compton, on Flickr

IMG_2950.jpg by Iain Compton, on Flickr

Unfortunately I left my tripod back in Kyiv, so long exposures or HDR composites were out of the question.

alkanphel
Mar 24, 2004

Bukit Batok by alkanphel, on Flickr

huhu
Feb 24, 2006
Church (Campeche, Mexico) by Esa Foto, on Flickr

Dudeabides
Jul 26, 2009

"You better not buy me that goddamn tourist av"

Soopafly posted:

Hey thanks for the compliments - and yeah, its the PECO building right off of the Schuylkill. The picture was pretty much on 23rd and Walnut for those that are familiar.

My fiancée used to live in a brownstone on walnut right there. I've got a few pictures of the PECO building in fog a la Bladerunner.

thetzar
Apr 22, 2001
Fallen Rib

Megaliths of Pennsylvania by Jason, on Flickr

bellows lugosi
Aug 9, 2003

Haught
Jan 18, 2009

Holy gently caress man, that is a good photograph.

Thoogsby
Nov 18, 2006

Very strong. Everyone likes me.
Yeah man, even by your standards that's pretty great.

SMERSH Mouth
Jun 25, 2005

It almost looks like an infrared image, but it's Portra :eyepop:

bellows lugosi
Aug 9, 2003

Thanks everyone :mrgw:

Raikyn
Feb 22, 2011

Bit cloudy today

Storm's coming by Marc, on Flickr

rohan
Mar 19, 2008