Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Best Touhou?
This poll is closed.
Alice Margatroid 23 15.86%
i'm wrong 61 42.07%
Any/every other Touhou except the one Boom Boom Boom likes 61 42.07%
Total: 145 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!
if platinum remade madworld with the same visual style and writing, but with gameplay that is actually good and has a significant amount of depth, i'd buy it

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Allarion
May 16, 2009

がんばルビ!

FirstAidKite posted:

ah, that's a shame, maybe, idk

I would love to some day play the original with all the dlc characters tho and stream through the whole thing, that sounds like itd be fun

You'll have to deal with the older battle system, which looks terribly designed from what I recall of the LP since you'd have to do certain combos to heal at all. LP dude did say the DLC characters were pretty strong though. Like the only reason he LP'd the first game was just to show the improvements the second game made.

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009

Bad Seafood posted:

I'm gonna petition the dev to remove lasagna from CSD2.

just rebind your keys so that you can set them all right next to each other and go down the line for each layer. not too tough.

Reds
Jun 15, 2015

I sense someone talking about... GUNDAM!

dogsicle posted:

i've only played part of one Sonic, but i think it's amazing that CD had not one, but two awesome soundtracks

It's kinda weird how they made a mostly new soundtrack (the past parts used the original music, I think) just because they thought Americans couldn't like the soundtrack. I'm not complaining to have more good music, though. The Japanese OST is way better than the American one, though.

Knorth
Aug 19, 2014

Buglord
I would also like a lasagna, if you're giving them away

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!

dogsicle posted:

i've only played part of one Sonic, but i think it's amazing that CD had not one, but two awesome soundtracks

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kTl3h39abxc

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009

Allarion posted:

You'll have to deal with the older battle system, which looks terribly designed from what I recall of the LP since you'd have to do certain combos to heal at all. LP dude did say the DLC characters were pretty strong though. Like the only reason he LP'd the first game was just to show the improvements the second game made.

yeah the only reason Im interested in it at all is because of how bad I've heard it is

Dryzen
Jul 23, 2011

Listen you can flush as many toilets as you want but I'm going to write a negative review about your inability to give me lasagna after this

Jarogue
Nov 3, 2012

Knorth posted:

Sonic Confession: Sonic '06 is the only Sonic game I've ever had contact with

Do I have to buy you a Sonic game? I well even mail it to you if I have to.

Bad Seafood
Dec 10, 2010

If you must blink, do it now.

Dryzen posted:

make me lasagna right here, right now
PSCRPSCRPSCR Enter

Knorth posted:

I would also like a lasagna, if you're giving them away
PSCRPSCRPSCR Enter

Matoi Ryuko
Jan 6, 2004

FirstAidKite posted:

those lovely sonic fables book series where they played like on rails games or whatever

sonic and the secret rings & sonic and the black knight

lmao

especially hte part where sonic had a sword and fought knuckles who looked like this

How come he got legos in his feet?

Reds
Jun 15, 2015

I like Sonic Boom a lot more than You Can Do Anything though. Particularly the ending version.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UIWYU3xDcFw

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009

Matoi Ryuko posted:

How come he got legos in his feet?

theyve always been there

Terper
Jun 26, 2012

I loving love lasagna

Knorth
Aug 19, 2014

Buglord

Jarogue posted:

Do I have to buy you a Sonic game? I well even mail it to you if I have to.

Nah at this point I wouldn't appreciate it. Platforming + Go Fast sounds like a bad time

Strange Quark
Oct 15, 2012

I Failed At Anime 2022

Bad Seafood posted:

PSCRPSCRPSCR Enter
PSCRPSCRPSCR Enter

What if I want a vegetable lasagna

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

The Colonel posted:

if platinum remade madworld with the same visual style and writing, but with gameplay that is actually good and has a significant amount of depth, i'd buy it

Terper
Jun 26, 2012

It's true

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

urr hurr heurr huerr hurr hurr hurr heurr heurr

Jarogue
Nov 3, 2012

dogsicle posted:

:yeah:

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

Reds posted:

I like Sonic Boom a lot more than You Can Do Anything though. Particularly the ending version.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UIWYU3xDcFw

sonic boom is like the most egregious example of the us ost being inferior

but it's okay if you like it

Reds
Jun 15, 2015

Knorth posted:

Nah at this point I wouldn't appreciate it. Platforming + Go Fast sounds like a bad time

My idea of how a Sonic game should be is based on momentum and flow, not raw speed. Speed just helps, the 3D games have always been better at designing around speed in that regard.

I imagine the reason why they use 2D so much in recent games is because it's cheaper than making a very long 3D section that you'll blow past in seconds.

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!
i love You Can Do Anything

Jarogue
Nov 3, 2012

Sonic CD is my favorite Sonic game of the all.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pRRHP1DfC_Y

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-WSojB_9HiY

Bad Seafood
Dec 10, 2010

If you must blink, do it now.
Finally a perfect run, geez.

Now to take it off the menu forever until she wants it again.

Allarion
May 16, 2009

がんばルビ!
In conclusion, play rayman legends.

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!
i should really play more cd, i own it and it's fun from what little i've played

ultimately though none of it matters because rayman origins is still my favorite 2d platformer ever

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!

Allarion posted:

In conclusion, play rayman legends.

!!!

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!
i should really play legends, actually

origins is still my favorite 2d platformer ever, and rayman 2 is my favorite 3d platformer because even if i might kinda enjoy the gameplay in some other game a bit more, it's got a really wonderful atmosphere i don't think i've seen a game really recapture

Reds
Jun 15, 2015

I love how the US boss theme is a very menacing and almost out of place track, while the Japanese version of one of the goofiest boss themes I've ever heard.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uTXR0T5mJ68https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FQRXZ5sQ-2g

Tarranon
Oct 10, 2007

Diggity Dog

Reds posted:

My idea of how a Sonic game should be is based on momentum and flow, not raw speed. Speed just helps, the 3D games have always been better at designing around speed in that regard.

I imagine the reason why they use 2D so much in recent games is because it's cheaper than making a very long 3D section that you'll blow past in seconds.

dustforce. Dustforce. Please for the love of god of you never listen to another word this stupid man says play and appreciate dustforce. The elevator pitch: sonic done right. Beauty, grace, flow.

Matoi Ryuko
Jan 6, 2004

FirstAidKite posted:

theyve always been there

Answer the question bub.

Strange Quark
Oct 15, 2012

I Failed At Anime 2022

Reds
Jun 15, 2015

Tarranon posted:

dustforce. Dustforce. Please for the love of god of you never listen to another word this stupid man says play and appreciate dustforce. The elevator pitch: sonic done right. Beauty, grace, flow.

ugh fine ok i'll FORCE myself to play this good game

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!
the problem with rayman legends is that it cuts down on the amount of mega-hype baps

Allarion
May 16, 2009

がんばルビ!
I actually have some mixed feelings about Legends, but it has like half of the levels from origins anyways, and those music levels are too drat good that I'll give a pass on the touchscreen levels

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!
dustforce good

Allarion
May 16, 2009

がんばルビ!
Also the dailies were fun

Tarranon
Oct 10, 2007

Diggity Dog
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7-0VVN9-4zE