Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Best Touhou?
This poll is closed.
Alice Margatroid 23 15.86%
i'm wrong 61 42.07%
Any/every other Touhou except the one Boom Boom Boom likes 61 42.07%
Total: 145 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
Sephiroth_IRA
Mar 31, 2010

homeless snail posted:

I'll do the macross thread heres a preview of my op:

♫gundam sucks♫
                                                                                                    /

lmao

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

boom boom boom
Jun 28, 2012

by Shine

Srice posted:

Since Macross Delta isn't actually airing proper until April I don't feel the show itself needs a thread yet tho general Macross threads have gone over well enough in the past.

Seriously, April? Yeah, a thread for Delta now would just be rather negative, then die.

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

boom boom boom posted:

Seriously, April? Yeah, a thread for Delta now would just be rather negative, then die.

woah, existential

Sephiroth_IRA
Mar 31, 2010
I'd enjoy a macross thread even though the only one I can really talk about atm is super dimension fortress.

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

Sephiroth_IRA posted:

I'd enjoy a macross thread even though the only one I can really talk about atm is super dimension fortress.
well guess what, that's the best one

Srice
Sep 11, 2011

Sephiroth_IRA posted:

Watch Macross Plus!!!!

Terper
Jun 26, 2012

I'm going back to Sweden tommorow

Droyer
Oct 9, 2012

Srice posted:

Watch Macross Plus!!!!

but haven't you heard srice? it's only good because of nostalgia

Terper
Jun 26, 2012

Five months living alone: "Hm, I'm starting to miss the family somewhat"
One week with the family: "Oh god, I need some alone time"

Srice
Sep 11, 2011

Heh

Droyer
Oct 9, 2012

Terper posted:

I'm going back to Sweden tommorow

welcome back

Sharkopath
May 27, 2009

Droyer posted:

but haven't you heard srice? it's only good because of nostalgia

explain or die

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

the viz sailor moon dub owns

johnny yong bosch is a cat

Sharkopath
May 27, 2009

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X8TmIxHSBcU

boom boom boom
Jun 28, 2012

by Shine

Sharkopath posted:

explain or die

There's a guy in the mecha thread saying that

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

to fully appreciate macross you must have a fundamental understanding of the lynn minmay mythos that can only be attained by watching SDF macross in both its original japanese AND the new english dub with mari ijima and also do you remember love

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

I do, I remember love

boom boom boom
Jun 28, 2012

by Shine

homeless snail posted:

to fully appreciate macross you must have a fundamental understanding of the lynn minmay mythos that can only be attained by watching SDF macross in both its original japanese AND the new english dub with mari ijima and also do you remember love

I dunno about that but everybody should definitely watch Macross and then Do You Remember Love.

Julias
Jun 24, 2012

Strum in a harmonizing quartet
I want to cause a revolution

What can I do? My savage
nature is beyond wild
No, to truly appreciate it, you must watch the chimera that is Robotec :colbert:

Sharkopath
May 27, 2009

lmao that people cant handle people in fiction not being good people, lmao lmao lmao

Droyer
Oct 9, 2012

Sharkopath posted:

explain or die

someone in the mecha thread said that, it is not something i actually think. Macross Plus is hella good

Sharkopath
May 27, 2009

their entire reasoning is that the hotshot pilot jerk characters are selfish

boom boom boom
Jun 28, 2012

by Shine

Sharkopath posted:

lmao that people cant handle people in fiction not being good people, lmao lmao lmao

My mind is still slightly blown from the G-Reco thread, where people had problems understanding fictional characters lying.

Sephiroth_IRA
Mar 31, 2010
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hnuGbUooQdo

Sharkopath
May 27, 2009

not even like morally abhorrent people, just people who are a bit too self centered or arrogant

i seen that same sentiment in a lot of other places too, its super bizarre

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

that ed is so good

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Sharkopath posted:

not even like morally abhorrent people, just people who are a bit too self centered or arrogant

i seen that same sentiment in a lot of other places too, its super bizarre
honestly that fucks with people even more than morally abhorrent people, because if a character's a monster they can just say so but if a character's a generally good person who makes some mistakes/has some major flaws people can't comprehend it

Sephiroth_IRA
Mar 31, 2010

homeless snail posted:

that ed is so good

I was kinda hoping that Hayase's picture would appear at the end of the yearbook in one of the later eds but it didn't happen.

boom boom boom
Jun 28, 2012

by Shine

the camera is so shaky

Sharkopath
May 27, 2009

Endorph posted:

honestly that fucks with people even more than morally abhorrent people, because if a character's a monster they can just say so but if a character's a generally good person who makes some mistakes/has some major flaws people can't comprehend it

i like unequivocally nice people in fiction a lot, especially in settings where that outlook is constantly tested, but i think on average flawed characters are waaaaaay more interesting

like i always assumed that was a universal sentiment too, like the jerk with a heart of gold is usually the more popular character in a movie, but i guess not

boom boom boom
Jun 28, 2012

by Shine

Sharkopath posted:

i like unequivocally nice people in fiction a lot, especially in settings where that outlook is constantly tested, but i think on average flawed characters are waaaaaay more interesting

like i always assumed that was a universal sentiment too, like the jerk with a heart of gold is usually the more popular character in a movie, but i guess not

There's difference between a "jerk" who's actually a really cool dude like Han Solo, and the Macross Plus characters, who are more flat-out unpleasant people.

Sharkopath
May 27, 2009

boom boom boom posted:

There's difference between a "jerk" who's actually a really cool dude like Han Solo, and the Macross Plus characters, who are more flat-out unpleasant people.

id dunno if id really say isamu is absolutely unpleasant

guld probably

actually a bigger failing is that i really cant remember anything about myungs character besides her being kinda wistful for the old days

Sephiroth_IRA
Mar 31, 2010

Sharkopath posted:

For the most part it is the universal sentiment. We're just on an internet forum.

Erg
Oct 31, 2010

boom boom boom posted:

My mind is still slightly blown from the G-Reco thread, where people had problems understanding fictional characters lying.

what were they having problems with? I didn't watch Reco while it was airing

Davincie
Jul 7, 2008

here's a good anthology of myths, stories and fairy tales adapted to be little (rom)coms with cute boys and girls

http://bato.to/comic/_/comics/sylph-anthology-literature-boys-r9068

and here's a cute sort of dad manga? the relationship isn't spelled out but it doesn't appear to be romantic

http://bato.to/comic/_/comics/madoromi-chan-ga-iku-r17834

boom boom boom
Jun 28, 2012

by Shine

Erg posted:

what were they having problems with? I didn't watch Reco while it was airing

"So right when Raraiya's on her way to meet with the space people who'll recognize her, suddenly she has a headache and wanders off? Great loving writing, Tomino!"

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

boom boom boom posted:

"So right when Raraiya's on her way to meet with the space people who'll recognize her, suddenly she has a headache and wanders off? Great loving writing, Tomino!"

lol

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

the first macross I ever saw was macross zero and it mixed cgi and animation rly well imo

Terper
Jun 26, 2012

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sharkopath
May 27, 2009

Tesseraction posted:

the first macross I ever saw was macross zero and it mixed cgi and animation rly well imo

macross zero is cool to me even though its dumb

• Locked thread