Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Beet Wagon
Oct 19, 2015

Stringbean posted:

Here's the Garbagecan (UM-R60L) build I found and currently use. In battle it tears into sides and butts, most people tend to ignore my poor little urb in favor of bigger dudes. But something tells me I should have used the AC/20 that comes equipped. The quirks favor both weapon types. Faster ACs or longer ranged lasers...

Thoughts?

I run the same build. AC20s on Urbs are a trap. Only use them if you don't mind being hilariously slow and not having enough ammo ever.

They're good for lols but not good for actually killing stuff.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MisterFuzzles
Dec 5, 2009

We can't go back no more, but I suppose we can go wherever we please.
Gave in. Got the Marauder pack. No regrets. Rolled some of the builds provided 12 or so pages ago by A.O.D. Feels drat good.

I knew I was feeling something when I started playing again with my Huginn. The Madsplat build confirmed it. I need more SRMs. I was going to get 2 more Crabs and master those but with that and all the talk of Griffins, those will be my next one.

That and I am a bit sick of laser vomit.

Astroniomix
Apr 24, 2015

Beet Wagon posted:

I run the same build. AC20s on Urbs are a trap. Only use them if you don't mind being hilariously slow and not having enough ammo ever.

They're good for lols but not good for actually killing stuff.

I like the all laser builds because it leaves you with an entire half of your mech that can be used as a shield.

Pattonesque
Jul 15, 2004
johnny jesus and the infield fly rule
The Urbie is weird to fire at because the 360 torso twist and uniform torso makes it tough to isolate a component

A.o.D.
Jan 15, 2006

MisterFuzzles posted:

Gave in. Got the Marauder pack. No regrets. Rolled some of the builds provided 12 or so pages ago by A.O.D. Feels drat good.

I knew I was feeling something when I started playing again with my Huginn. The Madsplat build confirmed it. I need more SRMs. I was going to get 2 more Crabs and master those but with that and all the talk of Griffins, those will be my next one.

That and I am a bit sick of laser vomit.

If you're serious about spat builds, you should go stormcrow.

ZombyDog
Jul 11, 2001

Ere to fix yer gubbinz
Yeah I've had the Marauder pack + Hero for just over a week and I'm real happy with the 5D and 5M. The 5D I had been running with 3 LPL 2 SRM6 and an XL300 and I've just dropped an LPL, added AMS and changed the engine to a Standard 300 to improve it's durability while brawling. The 5M I run with 4 LPL, 18 DHS and an XL300 and can be quiet brutal as long as I remember to not lead the charge. My Bounty Hunter II is the bog standard 6 ML AC20 standard 300 and while it's ok, it just doesn't feel as kickass as my 5M. I haven't done anything with the 3R yet, I don't really care for PPCs and the arm mounts are too low. I have a preference energy weapons and close range blasty stuff where my higher latency isn't much of a factor, and I just can't dig non AC20 ballistics at all.

ZombyDog fucked around with this message at 05:57 on Jan 2, 2016

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

The developer of Brigador is a secret chud, don't give him money
I'm kind of jealous of all you people and your fancy expensive mechs. 2poor4mech. I mostly just want to buy some paints so I can color my shitbots bright awful neons and then run around.

Anyway, what mechs can I stuff a lot of AC's into? There don't seem to be many, if any, light options that aren't just lasers.

Reztes
Jun 20, 2003

If a side torso is destroyed, any further damage to that side gets transferred to the center torso (armor, or internals if the CT armor is gone), right? I've forgotten how some of the mechanics in this game work.

Drakes
Jul 18, 2007

Why my bullets no hit?
Thats pretty much it, heck if anything the side torso falls off with the arm or something. So yup center torso would be remaining.

And heres someone making their mech more complex than it needs to be :eng99:.

Astroniomix
Apr 24, 2015

Reztes posted:

If a side torso is destroyed, any further damage to that side gets transferred to the center torso (armor, or internals if the CT armor is gone), right? I've forgotten how some of the mechanics in this game work.

Yes but it gets reduced, so even after losing a side torso it's still worth using it to shield your mech because it doesn't transfer 100% of the damage.

DancingShade
Jul 26, 2007

by Fluffdaddy

Astroniomix posted:

Yes but it gets reduced, so even after losing a side torso it's still worth using it to shield your mech because it doesn't transfer 100% of the damage.

It's 50% I think so its definitely worth torso twisting with only a central torso left.

Astroniomix
Apr 24, 2015

DancingShade posted:

It's 50% I think so its definitely worth torso twisting with only a central torso left.

It also works with legs, a destroyed leg will transfer 50% of the damage it takes to the side torso above it.

Arms do not get this bonus however, so a destroyed arm will transfer 100% of the damage it receives into the ground, which can cause problems if too many stray shots hit one as sections of the map may begin to disappear.

TipsyMcStagger
Apr 13, 2013

This isn't where
I parked my car...

Nuebot posted:

I'm kind of jealous of all you people and your fancy expensive mechs. 2poor4mech. I mostly just want to buy some paints so I can color my shitbots bright awful neons and then run around.

Anyway, what mechs can I stuff a lot of AC's into? There don't seem to be many, if any, light options that aren't just lasers.

I think i've dropped probably ~500$ into this game total.. that's for like 112 mechs and bays, mostly that first clan pack that they sold for like ???300$??? or whatever and then MC and hero sales.

Anyways.. I refuse to spend more money on it. Not getting Clan II, Resistance packs, Clan III, Marauders, Archers, IIC poo poo... Just feel like i've dumped enough in and can wait because all they are dumping into this game for content is money mech packs and things like maps/clan warfare has taken a slight back seat to riding the mech money train.

DancingShade
Jul 26, 2007

by Fluffdaddy

TipsyMcStagger posted:

I think i've dropped probably ~500$ into this game total.. that's for like 112 mechs and bays, mostly that first clan pack that they sold for like ???300$??? or whatever and then MC and hero sales.

Anyways.. I refuse to spend more money on it. Not getting Clan II, Resistance packs, Clan III, Marauders, Archers, IIC poo poo... Just feel like i've dumped enough in and can wait because all they are dumping into this game for content is money mech packs and things like maps/clan warfare has taken a slight back seat to riding the mech money train.

The fun thing is you can be competitive in (nearly) any mech. So just spend what you want or don't spend a thing. You'll be fine however you choose.

Razzled
Feb 3, 2011

MY HARLEY IS COOL
Dual AC20 jaeger confirmed still fun as gently caress

Sharks Dont Sleep
Mar 4, 2009

In pairing luxury automobiles with large predatory felines we have achieved reality ahead of schedule.

Oh Snapple! posted:

It really would. Like, I'm never going to spend money on these packs (unless I come into way too much money) once the bonuses are gone because it's always going to be on my mind that I'm getting purposely worse value on them - continuing to display those rewards on the shop page for them just further reinforces this.

And god forbid they actually post the quirks. They might sell three times as many packs if the "in testing" quirks are remotely workable.

For instance the Rifleman; It is a hot garbage Jaegermech. Less tonnage, center torso sticking out to be easier shot at. Sold without quirks listed. But good quirks could actually make it really useful and it's stupid as poo poo to be trying to sell these packages without presenting the quirks.

Sharks Dont Sleep fucked around with this message at 10:05 on Jan 2, 2016

Fil5000
Jun 23, 2003

HOLD ON GUYS I'M POSTING ABOUT INTERNET ROBOTS

Sharks Dont Sleep posted:

And god forbid they actually post the quirks. They might sell three times as many packs if the "in testing" quirks are remotely workable.

For instance the Rifleman; It is a hot garbage Jaegermech. Less tonnage, center torso sticking out to be easier shot at. Sold without quirks listed. But good quirks could actually make it really useful and it's stupid as poo poo to be trying to sell these packages without presenting the quirks.

Except this way they get the nostalgia dollars first and when they dry up they release the quirks and boom, a new wave of people purchasing it. With the added urgency of only having a short time before the early adopter awards run out. It's annoying but it's not dumb from a making money standpoint.

Great Beer
Jul 5, 2004

What is dumb from a moneymaking standpoint is not providing the preorder bonus until the mech comes out. Get those sales from people who need instant gratification.

Willfrey
Jul 20, 2007

Why don't the poors simply buy more money?
Fun Shoe

Nuebot posted:

AC's on lights are hard to aim with, balistic hardpoints on lights usually get ignored. The good ballistics are heavy and work better on heavies and assaults.

all my paints were freebies, all my patterns are one-shots purchased with mc earned in events

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

The developer of Brigador is a secret chud, don't give him money

Willfrey posted:

AC's on lights are hard to aim with, balistic hardpoints on lights usually get ignored. The good ballistics are heavy and work better on heavies and assaults.

all my paints were freebies, all my patterns are one-shots purchased with mc earned in events

How often do they give out free paint? I've got red and green from christmas, but I love me some horrible bright colors.

Axetrain
Sep 14, 2007

What's the best Timberwolf variant for lasers?

Axetrain fucked around with this message at 13:32 on Jan 2, 2016

PoptartsNinja
May 9, 2008

He is still almost definitely not a spy

Soiled Meat

Axetrain posted:

What's the best Timberwolf variant for lasers?

Probably the 'A,' the one with the high shoulder mount.

teepo
Oct 14, 2004

yospos

Astroniomix posted:

It also works with legs, a destroyed leg will transfer 50% of the damage it takes to the side torso above it.

Arms do not get this bonus however, so a destroyed arm will transfer 100% of the damage it receives into the ground, which can cause problems if too many stray shots hit one as sections of the map may begin to disappear.

i thought arms got this bonus? the last i remember, damage transfer was 40% for the first component and 20% for the second.

Stringbean
Aug 6, 2010
CW was fun as gently caress last night. Despite being there for 2 games, I went from having 1.2 million CB to roughly 2.6 million. Granted the first game I played with WoL, we smeared the other teams mechs across that boxy landscape.

poo poo is so cash.

DOMDOM
Apr 28, 2007

Fun Shoe
lot of goons still playing?

thinking about reinstalling for 2016....

or please talk me out of it :(

starkebn
May 18, 2004

"Oooh, got a little too serious. You okay there, little buddy?"
no harm in playing, just don't spend money on it

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009
There's tons of people in mumble every day and the game's fun.

Devorum
Jul 30, 2005

Did the servers explode again? Getting the good old "Operation failed: SUCCESS!" screen.

lwoodio
Apr 4, 2008

Yea. The website is down, too.

DOMDOM
Apr 28, 2007

Fun Shoe
what a wonderful time for a reinstall :commissar:

DiHK
Feb 4, 2013

by Azathoth

Razzled posted:

There's no way around the XL unless I want to be slow as balls right?
Am I doing it right

What about this one
Doesn't seem as fun

E: Hows the Maulers arms for blocking?

DiHK fucked around with this message at 16:17 on Jan 2, 2016

ZenVulgarity
Oct 9, 2012

I made the hat by transforming my zen

Razzled posted:

People will immediately turn all their guns on you once they hear double ac20s going off I've found

ZenVulgarity
Oct 9, 2012

Things I've learned playing by myself:

Let the pubbie hoard go first and get shot for you

If you're flanking with a light or medium, do not expect people to follow on killing the lrm boats

People love sniping mechs and lrm boats

Lrma are more effective as indirect fire weapons that you can see/remember a clean arc rather than a hide and fire and hope they hit someone.

The arrow is an rear end in a top hat robot and a lot of fun pew pew

Willfrey
Jul 20, 2007

Why don't the poors simply buy more money?
Fun Shoe

Nuebot posted:

How often do they give out free paint? I've got red and green from christmas, but I love me some horrible bright colors.

in the past they almost never gave out free paint. but recently they let some go in events. Also i think they give away faction colors as CW loyalty rewards (i may be wrong on that one)

Number19
May 14, 2003

HOCKEY OWNS
FUCK YEAH

We found the source of the issue and have repaired it. It was difficult to diagnose.

Coolwhoami
Sep 13, 2007

Number19 posted:

We found the source of the issue and have repaired it. It was difficult to diagnose.

I can imagine that for the last bit there's been a lot of work and off-hour calls for you, so thanks for fixing robot game.

Drone_Fragger
May 9, 2007

Number19 posted:

Excellent, Now I can get back to my busy life of implying that anyone with a clan name for their group name is probably mentally ill or cares too much about battletech.

Bait and Swatch
Sep 5, 2012

Join me, Comrades
In the Star Citizen D&D thread

Great Beer posted:

What is dumb from a moneymaking standpoint is not providing the preorder bonus until the mech comes out. Get those sales from people who need instant gratification.

Their whole model is dumb. I actually considered spending money on this game to buy a timberwolf, then saw it would cost about $25. gently caress that, it just reinforces that I won't spend anything. If things were cheaper I would spend more overall, but with their current model I don't want to spend anything.

ZenVulgarity
Oct 9, 2012

If hero mechs were half off all the time I'm sure people would buy them

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Drakes
Jul 18, 2007

Why my bullets no hit?

Bait and Swatch posted:

Their whole model is dumb. I actually considered spending money on this game to buy a timberwolf, then saw it would cost about $25. gently caress that, it just reinforces that I won't spend anything. If things were cheaper I would spend more overall, but with their current model I don't want to spend anything.

Pricing feels alittle inflated since they're selling you 3 variants of a mech for those elite bonuses. Haven't bought much in this game aside from hero mechs and mechbays.

• Locked thread