Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Best Touhou?
This poll is closed.
Alice Margatroid 23 15.86%
i'm wrong 61 42.07%
Any/every other Touhou except the one Boom Boom Boom likes 61 42.07%
Total: 145 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
Sharkopath
May 27, 2009

that bit where roy is tracking targets with his eyes, thats cool

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Erg
Oct 31, 2010

boom boom boom posted:

"So right when Raraiya's on her way to meet with the space people who'll recognize her, suddenly she has a headache and wanders off? Great loving writing, Tomino!"

lol

I actually don't remember that scene but it makes me want to post this gif again

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

yeah it had cool dogfights even if the plot was dumb as poo poo

of course then in macross frontier which had cgi running at 2 fps they visit the location of zero and the contrast is too hilarious imo

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

Erg posted:

lol

I actually don't remember that scene but it makes me want to post this gif again

she dropping a wicked nasty fart in that first frame

Sharkopath
May 27, 2009

Tesseraction posted:

yeah it had cool dogfights even if the plot was dumb as poo poo

of course then in macross frontier which had cgi running at 2 fps they visit the location of zero and the contrast is too hilarious imo

and now the delta cg looks a step backwards again

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

by Fluffdaddy
So, baps, asses, Dilbert posting again.

Good start, VEGETA.

AlternateNu
May 5, 2005

ドーナツダメ!

Sharkopath posted:

i like unequivocally nice people in fiction a lot, especially in settings where that outlook is constantly tested

:cry:

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

Sharkopath posted:

and now the delta cg looks a step backwards again

hey look making animation that doesn't look like fried rear end is expensive and our fans will eat any old dogshit if we slap MACROSS over it

Sephiroth_IRA
Mar 31, 2010
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OpPDQsxici0

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

god it was so good

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

by Fluffdaddy
Also, phone posting makes me feel inadequate. Somebody please post the Isshiki gif man-rear end.

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

Sho/Show Hayami had a super sexy voice even back then. :3:

Julias
Jun 24, 2012

Strum in a harmonizing quartet
I want to cause a revolution

What can I do? My savage
nature is beyond wild

Way to spoil VLR :mad:

Davincie
Jul 7, 2008

Sharkopath
May 27, 2009

Tesseraction posted:

hey look making animation that doesn't look like fried rear end is expensive and our fans will eat any old dogshit if we slap MACROSS over it

Even sometimes I think the capped framerate style of cg can look cool, did you see that animator expo short about betamax?

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

Sharkopath posted:

Even sometimes I think the capped framerate style of cg can look cool, did you see that animator expo short about betamax?

I did not, no

but yeah capped framerate can be okay, but in frontier it was just goofy, not seen the preview of the new one yet

Sharkopath
May 27, 2009

Tesseraction posted:

I did not, no

but yeah capped framerate can be okay, but in frontier it was just goofy, not seen the preview of the new one yet

http://animatorexpo.com/cassettegirl/

This one

Sharkopath
May 27, 2009

The button on the right underneath the video is English subs

Reds
Jun 15, 2015

I sense someone talking about... GUNDAM!

Sharkopath posted:

For good examples of capped framerate, see Garo season 1 and pretty much anything with Orange's CG animation.

Sharkopath
May 27, 2009

Ketchup on omelette

Davincie
Jul 7, 2008

i don't care for ketchup, but japanese ketchup is way different from western ketchup

that said, i still didn't care for it

Jarogue
Nov 3, 2012

Sharkopath posted:

sriracha on omelette

Sharkopath
May 27, 2009

Davincie posted:

i don't care for ketchup, but japanese ketchup is way different from western ketchup

that said, i still didn't care for it

I tried Itnand like it

Sharkopath
May 27, 2009

Just a bit tho

Terper
Jun 26, 2012

quote:

Max was my idol back in school. Even had my first pair of eyeglasses blue-rimmed aviators almost like his (looked horrible on me though, because plastic). And like him, I would cultivate an appreciation for 33-inch busts. I like 'em skinny like that; will even go down to a 32-inch, but that's my limit, any smaller it will look pedo regardless of her age

Sharkopath
May 27, 2009

Rainy Saturday morning, Miles Davis on wax, a nice big omelette, now to game. :D :coffee:

Terper
Jun 26, 2012

I like how Filena is a silent protagonist, except for the times when she's suddenly not.

Droyer
Oct 9, 2012

I watched the macross delta preview.

I didn't love it, but i didn't hate it either.

AlternateNu
May 5, 2005

ドーナツダメ!

Julias posted:

Way to spoil VLR :mad:

If you haven't played and finished it by now, you're a failure of a human being.

Everything Burrito
Jun 2, 2011

I Failed At Anime 2022
have to un-hermit myself and do stuff with the family today, who helpfully called to let me know they still have no idea where we're meeting for lunch :cripes:

I'm going to find my gba games today and take them back, because instead of playing them my mother stuffed them in a box to make room for her Wii stuff :<

Davincie
Jul 7, 2008

im trying to play gurumin and this japanese voices patch isn't downloading, fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu

Terper
Jun 26, 2012

Oh god I killed an enemy with poison damage and this happened

littleorv
Jan 29, 2011

Wrecked

a kitten
Aug 5, 2006

Happy late, but cute New Years from Turn A

e: ...really late actually.

Yes_Cantaloupe
Feb 28, 2005

Terper posted:

Oh god I killed an enemy with poison damage and this happened

I think I read something in the documentation about there being a bug where you can enter an inescapable debug mode.

Dangerous Person
Apr 4, 2011

Not dead yet

a kitten posted:

Happy late, but cute New Years from Turn A

e: ...really late actually.

Do you think Loran ever got to seal the deal with Dianna

Droyer
Oct 9, 2012

Dangerous Person posted:

Do you think Loran ever got to seal the deal with Dianna

they're wearing engagement rings in the final episode, so

Dangerous Person
Apr 4, 2011

Not dead yet
Oh, they are? I never noticed.

Dangerous Person
Apr 4, 2011

Not dead yet
Poor Sochie

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Davincie
Jul 7, 2008

tfw when you are a guy and you save the life of an alien prince which causes him to love you so he turns you into a girl and marries you

• Locked thread