Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Vladimir Poutine
Aug 13, 2012
:madmax:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fathis Munk
Feb 23, 2013

??? ?
Yeah it's almost as bad as researchers. One advantage is that a teacher in the French public system is a civil servant and thus p much un-fireable and guaranteed a job for life.

mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

Soviet Commubot posted:

Not as much as in France, here and elementary school teacher makes between 1879€ and 2016€ in take-home pay after 10 years in "service". Your first year you start out at 1325€. Of course if you work in private schools you often start out right at minimum wage, 1137€ take-home, like me.

:stare: Is that per month?

Soviet Commubot
Oct 22, 2008

Fathis Munk posted:

Yeah it's almost as bad as researchers. One advantage is that a teacher in the French public system is a civil servant and thus p much un-fireable and guaranteed a job for life.

My schools are associative so most of our teachers are under contract with the state, and even those of us who aren't still get a CDI so it's still pretty hard to get rid of us.

mind the walrus posted:

:stare: Is that per month?

Yup. The worst thing is that there's no cost of living adjustments, so a teacher teaching in downtown Paris makes just as little as a teacher living in rural buttfuck nowhere.

e: In public schools, of course there are super expensive private schools that pay very well.

e2: And to become a public elementary school teacher you need a masters degree in education and to pass a competitive exam. The last time I took the exam (which I can't win because I'm not European, I took it for scholarship purposes) there were only positions for about 3% of the candidates.

Soviet Commubot has a new favorite as of 14:28 on Jan 2, 2016

Fathis Munk
Feb 23, 2013

??? ?
AMA about being a phd student in Paris.

1300 €/month. 700 € rent for a shared flat. Income taxes paid at the end of the year valued at about a month of salary. :smithicide:

Fathis Munk has a new favorite as of 15:36 on Jan 2, 2016

Polyakov
Mar 22, 2012

Fathis Munk posted:

1300 €/month. 700 € rent for our shared flat. Income taxes paid at the end of the year valued at about a month of salary. :smithicide:

That's rough as gently caress, i get paid about that much as a British PhD student but i dont have to pay tax at least.

Mans
Sep 14, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Fathis Munk posted:

1300 €/month. 700 € rent for a shared flat. Income taxes paid at the end of the year valued at about a month of salary. :smithicide:

In Portugal your scholarship payments are so inconsistent that sometimes you have to wait up to 2 years to get enough money to pay for half of your lovely tuiton costs, much less any kind of money to survive with.

And have fun finding a part time job with a 40% youth unemployment rate :toot:

Admiral Joeslop
Jul 8, 2010

Don't sign your posts.

change my name
Aug 27, 2007

Legends die but anime is forever.

RIP The Lost Otakus.

"The country was trending positive on gay rights and people were for it, but then Obama had to just give them equal rights! What the heck, man!"

Danyull
Jan 16, 2011

My dear cousin in Tennessee

:heritage:

trapped mouse
May 25, 2008

by Azathoth

Danyull posted:

I'm sure if this person saw a black man carrying a gun on public transport they would not be nervous at all and indeed, commend him for exercising his rights. I'm sure no one on the bus would call the police, and if the police were somehow accidentally involved, no one would end up shot. Freedoms :911:

goose willis
Jun 14, 2015

Get ready for teh wacky laughz0r!
It seems to me like the best way to gently caress with open carry nuts is to get as many non-white people as possible to register and legally open carry their weapons in public while telling nervous hicks that they have permits and that they should have a nice day with a condescending smile

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth

goose fleet posted:

It seems to me like the best way to gently caress with open carry nuts is to get as many non-white people as possible to register and legally open carry their weapons in public while telling nervous hicks that they have permits and that they should have a nice day with a condescending smile

It's hard to do that last part when a cop shoots you dead in the street.

Karma Monkey
Sep 6, 2005

I MAKE BAD POSTING DECISIONS

goose fleet posted:

Sure, if you can find an adequate number of suicidal or terminally ill POCs because that is straight up a dead man mission. Would be pretty glorious to behold though, right up until the non-white open carriers were murdered by police and/or nervous hicks.

Praseodymi
Aug 26, 2010

goose fleet posted:

This is exactly what happened in the 60's and even earlier.

JT Smiley
Mar 3, 2006
Thats whats up!

change my name posted:

"The country was trending positive on gay rights and people were for it, but then Obama had to just give them equal rights! What the heck, man!"

That guy must loving hate Lincoln.

22 Eargesplitten
Oct 10, 2010

Praseodymi posted:

This is exactly what happened in the 60's and even earlier.

No lie, Reagan banned open carry in California because of Black Panthers. Yes, that Reagan.

Mans
Sep 14, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
didn't a 12 year old black kid die a few weeks back because he was on the street playing with a toy gun?

TITTIEKISSER69
Mar 19, 2005

SAVE THE BEES
PLANT MORE TREES
CLEAN THE SEAS
KISS TITTIESS

Mans posted:

didn't a 12 year old black kid die a few weeks back because he was on the street playing with a toy gun?

It was over a year ago. The cop was cleared of it just recently.

CommonShore
Jun 6, 2014

A true renaissance man

Mans posted:

If you mean the kid in Chicago who is the focus of the recent protests, he was 14 and it was an airsoft gun without a red tip.

:(

Rondette
Nov 4, 2009

Your friendly neighbourhood Postie.

Grimey Drawer
Tony Hart (beloved UK TV presenter, artist and creator of Morph) died, and his death is of course being shared all over social media.

He did die, but in 2009. This happened on my wall and it made me laugh.

TITTIEKISSER69
Mar 19, 2005

SAVE THE BEES
PLANT MORE TREES
CLEAN THE SEAS
KISS TITTIESS

CommonShore posted:

If you mean the kid in Chicago who is the focus of the recent protests, he was 14 and it was an airsoft gun without a red tip.

:(

The kid was in Cleveland. Protests in Chicago were about a different kid.

CommonShore
Jun 6, 2014

A true renaissance man

Wilford Cutlery posted:

The kid was in Cleveland. Protests in Chicago were about a different kid.

So pretty much the same story, but with a new kid.

:smith:

Stoatbringer
Sep 15, 2004

naw, you love it you little ho-bot :roboluv:

sharktamer posted:

Just had a friend posting today that he didn't believe in lactose intolerance.

EvilGenius
May 2, 2006
Death to the Black Eyed Peas

Danyull posted:

It was within the bus driver's rights to segregate black people, that's the whole loving point you moron. He didn't have to demonstrate 'need' either, funnily enough.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to

Taber posted:

These people aren't libertarians because it isn't in their best interest, and that makes them bad. I'm a libertarian because it is in my best interest, and that makes me good

That sums up libertarianism: me me me me me me me!!!!

Madkal
Feb 11, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 3 days!
Fallen Rib

goose fleet posted:

Couldn't you just troll the gently caress out of these idiots by creating a meme saying "if only Trayvon Martin had a gun #goodgutwithagun". Or any other black person killed by the cops for that matter.

Lady Naga
Apr 25, 2008

Voyons Donc!

Madkal posted:

Couldn't you just troll the gently caress out of these idiots by creating a meme saying "if only Trayvon Martin had a gun #goodgutwithagun". Or any other black person killed by the cops for that matter.

No.

Zipperelli.
Apr 3, 2011

Nap Ghost

Madkal posted:

You could, but then you'd be the IoSM.

A Fancy 400 lbs
Jul 24, 2008

CommonShore posted:

So pretty much the same story, but with a new kid.

No? The kid in Chicago was holding a real knife, but was clearly walking away from the cops when the officer shot him 3 times, then 13 more times after he fell to the ground. It's two completely different incidents besides both being unjustified police shootings of black minors.

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?

Won't somebody please think of poor miss Poly Styrene?

FreudianSlippers
Apr 12, 2010

Shooting and Fucking
are the same thing!

Madkal posted:

Now put it on your phone and then take a picture of it with another phone then print out that picture and take a final picture of that before putting it up on facebook.

cash crab
Apr 5, 2015

all the time i am eating from the trashcan. the name of this trashcan is ideology

Even if you only have one ear, you can make money on the internet, you idiot, you utter buffoon

Crocoswine
Aug 20, 2010

A Fancy 400 lbs posted:

unjustified police shootings of black minors.

I think that's the point

CommonShore
Jun 6, 2014

A true renaissance man

A Fancy 400 lbs posted:

No? The kid in Chicago was holding a real knife, but was clearly walking away from the cops when the officer shot him 3 times, then 13 more times after he fell to the ground. It's two completely different incidents besides both being unjustified police shootings of black minors.

oh I did some googling. I thought Tamir Rice was the Chicago one. Iw as getting wires crossed.

oldpainless
Oct 30, 2009

This 📆 post brought to you by RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS👥.
RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS 👥 - It's for your phone📲TM™ #ad📢

I bet they all just look the same to you.

SpliffClavin
Jul 31, 2007

oh geez rick

cash crab posted:

Even if you only have one ear, you can make money on the internet, you idiot, you utter buffoon

How many hours do I have to google-search astronauts before I can head over to NASA?

Birb Katter
Sep 18, 2010

BOATS STOPPED
CARBON TAX AXED
TURNBULL AS PM
LIBERALS WILL BE RE-ELECTED IN A LANDSLIDE

oldpainless posted:

There are that many that they blur into one :smith:

CommonShore
Jun 6, 2014

A true renaissance man

oldpainless posted:

I'm sorry that I'm not meticulously up to date about how another country's police murders children.

That made me sad to type it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to

cash crab posted:

I love when they use someone who is a rare true genius in "anyone can do it" stories. There's a reason we're not all Bill Gates or Woz's, because they had that rare combination natural gifts and luck that can make you rich and successful.