Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

xian
Jan 21, 2001

Lipstick Apathy
Thread: In The Shadow of Colossi, Airships Fly
System: Fellowship!
Format: PBP
Players: 4-5, probably not 6.

Fight Shadows of the Colossus/Dark Souls style bosses in a big ol' Fantasy World (influenced by City of Stairs, Jade Empire, Avatar) of our own creation where the central nation is a bunch of Stern Mercantilists Samurai with airships..

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

thatbastardken
Apr 23, 2010

A contract signed by a minor is not binding!
Thread: [MH] Full Monster Jacket: Roll +hot to Get Some
System: Monsterhearts
Players: Probably 6

A game about teen monsters in high school a Vietnam War-era boot camp. Can you yell Semper Fi loud enough to drown out the howling of a sexy werewolf? Can the drill instructors keep vampires out of your barracks? Find out!

Yami Fenrir
Jan 25, 2015

Is it I that is insane... or the rest of the world?
Game: Krampusnacht
System: Magical Burst 4E
Format: PbP
Players: 4-6
Description: Be Magical Girls in Cold War-era Berlin! Fight against monsters! Maybe even soviets or americans. Who knows?

Rauri
Jan 13, 2008

Game: It's Always Sunny in Portland
Players: 6-8
Description: Monsterhearts is a game about the awkwardness of growing up and being a teenager, and that's not just for actual teenagers anymore. Be a weirdo 20-something slacker in Portland, doing their best to dodge responsibility and also you're probably a monster so good luck with that.

Rauri fucked around with this message at 07:05 on Nov 28, 2015

Mitama
Feb 28, 2011

Game: The Misfits at Magic Knight Academy
System: Strike!
Players: 4-5
Description: In a modern world changed by invading monsters and magic, you play as students attending an international academy for monster-fighting mage knights. Think Mana Khemia thrown in with Monster Hunter; go to class, wield awesome powers, battle giant creatures from another world, pass your homework on time.

The Deleter
May 22, 2010
Game: Neurohearts
Players: 5
Format: PBP with strict time limits for posts
Description: It's Monsterhearts but on a space elevator. Dress like your stepdad hates you and jack in/off in a cyberpunk future. You know how this goes.

Covok
May 27, 2013

Yet where is that woman now? Tell me, in what heave does she reside? None of them. Because no God bothered to listen or care. If that is what you think it means to be a God, then you and all your teachings are welcome to do as that poor women did. And vanish from these realms forever.
Game: The Endless Turning of Fate
System: Tenra Bansho Zero
Player/GM: 5
Format: Roll20 +Skype
Description: Doing the game as intended: a series of one-shots. Rotating GM deal. Meet every Monday.

Try it out. Try new things. Try to have fun.

Covok fucked around with this message at 07:13 on Aug 6, 2017

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy
What: D&D 4th Edition - Keep on the Shadowfell
When: Every Thursday at 8:00 PM Eastern, for 2-3 hours per session
Who: I'm looking for 5 players
How: VOIP through roll20
Where: Recruitment and discussion thread here

gradenko_2000 fucked around with this message at 08:05 on Nov 29, 2015

Spiteski
Aug 27, 2013

What: D&D 5th Edition - Tyranny of Dragons
When: Every Monday at 2:00 - 6:00 PM PST
How: Fantasy Grounds + TS3
Where: Recruitment and discussion thread

Dog Kisser
Mar 30, 2005

But People have fears that beasts do not. Questions, too.

Game: Sundown Run [CYOA] - Like Lord of the Tower, but with Wacky Racers.
System: Wingin' it, but more rules heavy than Lord of the Tower. Somewhat like a boardgame with RPG elements!
Format: CYOA
Players: 6/6 currently, but quick turnover expected as players die out.
Description: Astrilia - B-Class Garden World, second out from its star. The star - C12-Exen - is near its end. Chandrasekar mass limit will be reached in three day’s time, whereupon its core will collapse and rebound, bathing Astrilia first in a wash of neutrinos and assorted radiation, then - minutes afterwards - a wave of stellar ejecta that will scour its surface clean. Natives are Early Information Age: no interplanetary flight. Samples have been taken for potential further exploitation but the remainder shall languish on their doomed world…

This condemned world is the stage for this cycle’s Sundown Run, sponsored by Ascended Executive Supra-Corp RAMA! Thrill seekers, conscripted prisoners, adventurers and assorted badasses are all invited to compete in a race around the planet, knowing death is right around the corner - but if they’re fast enough, death’ll take second place instead.

My second CYOA after Lord of the Tower finished - this shares absolutely nothing at all in common except some slight mechanical similarities and possibly minor references. Certainly nothing requiring you to have played my prior game! Take control of both a Corporation hovering around a doomed planet in a high-end executive space station and the Racer on said doomed planet. Death is quick and common-place, but you can just hop back in the next time there's an opening! Even if you're not currently playing, you can affect gameplay by donating Points to impressive Racers which they can use to keep themselves alive in a hostile landscape! Heck, there's no need to ever make a Racer at all, if you want - you can be an Angel Investor from up on high, raining down your bounty. Very casual, with minimal work required from players - just give me a few rolls, and I'll do the rest.

Feel free to talk to us on IRC on SynIrc #madgod - I'm on often to answer any questions you might have, so drop by.

Gentleman Blogger
Sep 19, 2003

directions make no sense in the grand scheme of things.
Edit: irrelevant content.

Gentleman Blogger fucked around with this message at 22:16 on Dec 2, 2015

Inverse Icarus
Dec 4, 2003

I run SyncRPG, and produce original, digital content for the Pathfinder RPG, designed from the ground up to be played online.

Inverse Icarus posted:

Game The Riverford Freelancers
System PFRPG
Format SyncRPG + Google Hangouts
Players Up to 5 per session
Description Bi-weekly, no-commitment "pickup groups" of mercenary adventurers looking for a quick quest or two

This bi-weekly "pickup" group is still kicking, and new players are always welcome! Next Session is Tuesday, 12/8 at 5pm PST (GMT -8). There are recordings and session writeups for the sessions, so you can see what you'd be getting into :)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TUiKutS2pbQ

Skyscraper
Oct 1, 2004

Hurry Up, We're Dreaming

Gentleman Blogger posted:

Format: Tabletop / Play in Person
Basically, come play with us on Saturday mornings, drink some coffee, and roll some dice to see which of our tiny plastic dolls we put away first. Good times promised.
There's a thread for this, actually.

Gentleman Blogger
Sep 19, 2003

directions make no sense in the grand scheme of things.
Edit: Irrelevant information

Gentleman Blogger fucked around with this message at 22:25 on Dec 2, 2015

LLSix
Jan 20, 2010

The real power behind countless overlords

Thread: Demigods, Dinosaurs, and Other Disasters
System: DungeonWorld
Players: 4-5(ish)

Make some noise and dance ... to the beat of your heart. Before the current age, the Gods made at least three other races of men and killed them off. The events of this morning are enough to make you think they might be gearing up to do it again, but the future is not written in stone. 100% more dinosaurs than expected; guaranteed or your character back! Free blank spot on the map with every application! Supplies limited! Get yours now before they're gone!

Honestly wasn't sure what to say for recruitment. DungeonWorld encourages DMs to not have a fixed adventure plan until after the first session so I'm going to try that. It makes providing a brief description of what the game difficult though, since I don't know what it is yet! I can assure you I have several ideas boiling away for where the game could go, but hopefully you and the other players will come up with something way more fun than I could dream up on my own.

LLSix fucked around with this message at 02:43 on Dec 3, 2015

Moriatti
Apr 21, 2014

Thread: The Forever King
System: Dungeons and Dragons 4th Edition
Format: Skype & Roll20, either weekly or bi-weekly

You are unlikely warriors drafted to be extra security at the Millenial Fair, which will see your small town of Windcrest visited by the fabled Emporer King.

OF COURSE things are going to go wrong.

This is an SNES RPG inspired game, expect some cheese and stolen maps.

Stelas
Sep 6, 2010

Thread: [Dungeon Lords] Keeper? I barely met 'er!
System: Board Game (Competitive)
Players: 4

Description: Dungeon Keeper in board-game form by the designer of Mage Knight, Galaxy Trucker, and Codenames. Be evil, but not too evil lest you be stomped by paladins. Unless you can take them, of course.

Skeletome
Feb 4, 2011

Tell them about the tournament!

Thread: [Mouse Guard] Providence 1258
System: Mouse Guard
Players: Two sets of 3-5

Description: The Mouse Guard has vowed to protect its kin from predators, disputes and nature since the earliest days of mousekind. Five years after a national tragedy the Guard is still paying for a disastrous mistake. Propaganda, diplomacy and probably some sweet giant animal murder.

Iunnrais
Jul 25, 2007

It's gaelic.
Thread: [D&D 4e] Valacia Campaign, Recruitment Thread and OOC
System: D&D 4e
Players: 4-5.

Description: Adventure through incredibly dangerous lands to become fabulously wealthy beyond your wildest dreams. There may or may not be geocidal threats to be stumbled across.

AdjectiveNoun
Oct 11, 2012

Everything. Is. Fine.
Thread: Shanghai Shadows
System: Urban Shadows
Players: 6-8

Description: Get rich or die trying in a 1920s-esque Shanghai, infested with problems both mundane and supernatural!

Arkanomen
May 6, 2007

All he wants is a hug
Thread: Death and Second Chances
System: Narrative- Winging it
Format: CYOA
Players: As many people as can post. (every new poster can suggest a future character)

Description: You died! Well, you are all dead. The grim reaper botched reaping your current life and dropped your soul, shattering it into all the lives it has and will live. To fix this error and hide it from the bosses, each past life is going to re-live it's life in a new world, starting in stone-age times and growing from there! Each life will have a unique perspective on the future created by past lives but retaining skills and knowledge gained by previous lives. Explore a rich, mysterious world and ruin it by rushing gunpowder in the neolithic age or simply getting a scrape and dying of infection within a week, or quite possibly end up a caveman in the year 10,000 scared out of your hairy brain. What world would you make if you had a second chance?

5-Headed Snake God
Jun 12, 2008

Do you see how he's a cat?

Thread: Fight, Shop, Repeat
System: HeroQuest (The board game, not the RP system)
Players: 4
Description: Kill monsters! Get loot! Do it all over again! Also maybe save the Empire.

Radioactive Bears
Jun 27, 2012

Creatures of horrid visage and disposition.
Thread: Fimal Famtasy
System: Final Fantasy d6
Format: Play by Post
Description: A game involving fantasies and finality.

Recruit now closed.

Radioactive Bears fucked around with this message at 04:33 on Dec 20, 2015

Sion
Oct 16, 2004

"I'm the boss of space. That's plenty."
Thread: The Free Solars of the Burning Sands
System: Exalted 3
Description: You have a castle in the middle of the desert. What are you gonna do with it.

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

Thread: Rising Tide
System: Dark Heresy 2
Description: Newbie DH game, suitable for those new to the system and new to PBP in general. There's no real point in saying what the plot is because it'll probably go horribly wrong at the hands of the dice, leading me massively off-script after like the second page.

SunAndSpring
Dec 4, 2013
Thread: Kill Slightly Less Than 6 Billion Demons
System: Broken World: Kill 6 Billion Demons RPG
Players: 3-6
Description: Ruin the life of a hapless middle manager for the benefit of yourself and the devil you are working for in the setting of popular webcomic Kill 6 Billion Demons.

frajaq
Jan 30, 2009

#acolyte GM of 2014

Thread: The Wonders of Xen'drik
System: DnD 4E - Eberron
Players: 5-6
Description: Join a Grand Expedition in one of the most dangerous places in Eberron! Loot ancient ruins and murder angry giants!

Done!

frajaq fucked around with this message at 02:16 on Dec 29, 2015

Deltasquid
Apr 10, 2013

awww...
you guys made me ink!

THUNDERDOME
Thread: How The Adventurers Saved Yuletide
System: Dungeon World
Description: A oneshot where the party will delve into dungeons at the North Pole to save Santa and maybe learn a thing or two about the meaning of Yuletide in the process.

Recruitment closed.

Deltasquid fucked around with this message at 00:44 on Dec 28, 2015

SHY NUDIST GRRL
Feb 15, 2011

Communism will help more white people than anyone else. Any equal measures unfairly provide less to minority populations just because there's less of them. Democracy is truly the tyranny of the mob.

Thread: Ivalice Semi-pros
System: Atomic Robo
Players: 4-8
Description: Form a motley band of stary eyed dreamers to get into goofy adventures as you try to become kind of a big deal.

sentrygun
Dec 29, 2009

i say~
hey start:nya-sh
Thread: [Fellowship] Determined to Fall
System: Fellowship
Description: You've fallen from the tower built to watch over the world, down into the abyss that has consumed the world. You awoke at the top of the tower. Think Undertale.

Mr.Misfit
Jan 10, 2013

The time for
SkellyBones
has come!
Thread: Click here
Game: Opening the Floodgates of Gehenna - Oldschool Indie Dungeon-Crawling
System: GOG v0.3
Players: 3-6
Description:
You´ve come to one of the wayposts on your way to Maledictas, the fallen city at the centre of the Sacred Cordian Realm in the hopes of a) striking it rich or b) become famous for something, whatever it is.
To do this, you have built a group of cutthroats and robbers...err treasure hunters willing to weather the bizarre BLACK GLOOM, the all-encompassing mist that laid itself onto the city at the height of the greatest battle of the 30-year long War of Exhaustion.
You might encounter the undead, the non-dead, other hunters, monstrosities and abominations, reality-bending adventures inside an area every sane person would tell you to leave alone. Will you dare to enter?

Mr.Misfit fucked around with this message at 15:29 on Nov 1, 2016

LifeGetsWorser
Oct 23, 2010

Me "IRL" :smug:
Fun Shoe
Thread: Prometheus Institute
Game: An Emergence in Premonition
System: Masks: A New Generation beta
Description:
It's been a year since the Emergence, and suddenly super-powered people are everywhere. Dr. Freida Payne of the Prometheus Institute is gathering together a team of young Emergents to combat the rise of super-crime and learn more about their conditions!
Thematically, looking to be close to the early X-Men, defending a world that hates and fears you as you grow up with super powers.

Ominous Jazz
Jun 15, 2011

Big D is chillin' over here
Wasteland style
Is there anywhere to throw money at them for the PDFs or pre-order?

LifeGetsWorser
Oct 23, 2010

Me "IRL" :smug:
Fun Shoe

Ominous Jazz posted:

Is there anywhere to throw money at them for the PDFs or pre-order?

Officially, Masks is in beta so the pdfs are only available to backers of the kickstarter at the moment.

Friar John
Aug 3, 2007

Saint Francis be my speed! how oft to-night
Have my old feet stumbled at graves!
Game: Shadow of Sekigahara: A Japanese Nationsim
System: Nationsim
Format: PBP/IRC
Players: 3-4, as many as who want to come in, really
Description: Japan is currently about to see war between two of her most powerful warlords. Will you join in and tip the scales one way or another? Looking for some new blood to take over some characters!

goodness
Jan 3, 2012

When the light turns green, you go. When the light turns red, you stop. But what do you do when the light turns blue with orange and lavender spots?
System: Star Wars Fantasy Flight
Thread: http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3757865

The idea is we get a group of people to create the setup and identity of the party. Deciding/voting on the particulars like good/evil/neutral, military mission/random adventure/bounty, etc. Then we make characters for it.

Basically just pitch a cool idea for a small team in the SW universe. Just need a GM to do it.

goodness fucked around with this message at 03:36 on Dec 29, 2015

Sion
Oct 16, 2004

"I'm the boss of space. That's plenty."
You wanna provide a thread link? Also what Star Wars system are you usin'? There have been a few...

Ettin
Oct 2, 2010
For the record:

Ettin posted:

1) Absolutely no discussion should be in this thread. Do not post anything other than links and descriptions in here.
Questions like where to buy books should go in that game's thread, but asking someone to provide a proper description for their game is fine.

Also fill out your dang descriptions :argh:

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy

gradenko_2000 posted:

What: D&D 4th Edition - Keep on the Shadowfell
When: Every Thursday at 8:00 PM Eastern, for 2-3 hours per session
How: VOIP through roll20
Where: Recruitment and discussion thread here

We've had a player drop-out, and I'd like to recruit a new player. We're at level 2 now, and our next game is on Thu, Jan 7; 8:00 PM EST. Please post in the linked recruitment thread if interested!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

kaynorr
Dec 31, 2003

Game: War of the Burning Sky
System: Dungeons & Dragons 4th Edition
Format: Fantasy Grounds Ultimate (https://www.fantasygrounds.com)
Description: We're playing EN World's War of the Burning Sky adventure path, using the Fantasy Grounds virtual tabletop.

Now recruiting one player, check out the thread for details. PM me or post in the thread to claim the spot! Probably don't need another striker, but any other role or combination of roles should be good. We play Wednesday at 7 PM PST.