Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Who is the man??
This poll is closed.
Goku 202 7.09%
Vegeta 279 9.79%
Krillin 208 7.30%
Piccolo or his nameks 212 7.44%
Gohan or Cool Gohan 135 4.74%
Yamcha 90 3.16%
Tien 120 4.21%
Muten Roshi 89 3.12%
Tao Pai Pai 71 2.49%
Frieza 69 2.42%
Cell or an android 86 3.02%
Buu 62 2.18%
Hercule "Mark" Satan 327 11.48%
Videl 90 3.16%
Bulma 104 3.65%
Yajirobe 99 3.47%
Ginyu or other Frieza squad guy 68 2.39%
King kai or another kai 53 1.86%
Chi-Chi 83 2.91%
Goten 43 1.51%
Trunks or Cool Trunks 112 3.93%
Bardock 48 1.68%
Other villain of DB,Z, or GT(please post about it!) 41 1.44%
Uub 42 1.47%
Oolong 90 3.16%
Zamasu 26 0.91%
Total: 1326 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

And 80 is young for a saiyan.
Goku and vegeta are going to live a long rear end time.

Barring any unfortunate deaths.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

you say that like dying means anything in dragon ball

they've both died at least twice each now

In It For The Tank
Feb 17, 2011

But I've yet to figure out a better way to spend my time.

Reinanigans posted:

Goku got married at 20. They had Gohan like exactly a year later, so Gohan is 4 at the start of Z, while Goku is 25. Goku fights Vegeta at 26 after spending a year dead, fights Frieza and goes Super Saiyan at about 26-27, is on Yardrat for a year, so 27-28, trains another 3 years for the androids, so 30-31, spends a year in the Room of Spirit and Time, dies a second time at 31 or so, is dead for 7 years, is revived at 38 chronologically, about 31 physically. 31 because 8 years of death, but one year in the Room of Spirit & Time, so 38-7=31.

Now? He's chronologically in his early 40s, I assume.

You're off by about two years. Goku is 18 at the 23rd Tenkaichi Budokai, 23 at the start of Z, and so on.

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?

Josuke Higashikata posted:

Goku was married at around 17, right?
Gohan at 16.
Goten's getting married in the next arc of Super, clearly.

Like Vegeta would allow Trunks to lose to Goten like that.

Kild
Apr 24, 2010

ArmyOfMidgets posted:

Like Vegeta would allow Trunks to lose to Goten like that.

Trunks already has Mai. Whose Goten got?

Mraagvpeine
Nov 4, 2014

I won this avatar on a technicality this thick.

Kild posted:

Trunks already has Mai. Whose Goten got?

Goten to my knowledge has not shown interest in any girl, though I wonder if anyone has shipped him with Krillin's daughter.

Covok
May 27, 2013

Yet where is that woman now? Tell me, in what heave does she reside? None of them. Because no God bothered to listen or care. If that is what you think it means to be a God, then you and all your teachings are welcome to do as that poor women did. And vanish from these realms forever.
Krillin's daughter, Maron, is like less than 1/2 Goten's age.

Sea Lily
Aug 5, 2007

Everything changes, Pit.
Even gods.

Goten and Trunks are going to get married

Bushmaori
Mar 8, 2009

Kelp Plankton posted:

Goten and Trunks are going to get married

That fusion was a little bit more intimate than I had thought.

Covok
May 27, 2013

Yet where is that woman now? Tell me, in what heave does she reside? None of them. Because no God bothered to listen or care. If that is what you think it means to be a God, then you and all your teachings are welcome to do as that poor women did. And vanish from these realms forever.

Bushmaori posted:

That fusion was a little bit more intimate than I had thought.

This isn't the SU thread.

Veg
Oct 13, 2008

:smug::smug::xd:

Covok posted:

Krillin's daughter, Maron, is like less than 1/2 Goten's age.

You dont stay half their age your whole life...

Gotens 25, Maron will be.. 19?

NikkolasKing
Apr 3, 2010

In It For The Tank posted:

You're off by about two years. Goku is 18 at the 23rd Tenkaichi Budokai, 23 at the start of Z, and so on.

I can forgive him because Goku before the 23rd Tournament was about 2 feet tall, maybe 3 feet max and so I always assumed he was 10 or maybe 12 for most of the series. But nope, he's a full blown teenager even before the training with Kami.

Some Numbers
Sep 28, 2006

"LET'S GET DOWN TO WORK!!"
It's actually pretty easy: there are two timeskips in Dragonball, each of which is three years. Goku's first established age is 12, so he was 15 when he fought Tien and throughout the Piccolo arc and 18 when he marries Chichi.

Five years to DBZ makes him 23.

Squallege
Jan 7, 2006

No greater good, no just cause

Grimey Drawer

Veg posted:

You dont stay half their age your whole life...

Gotens 25, Maron will be.. 19?

I misread this and thought you typed Gotenks like being fused would affect the age at all.

Covok
May 27, 2013

Squallege posted:

I misread this and thought you typed Gotenks like being fused would affect the age at all.

I swear there was a series where fusing added the fuse-ies ages and made them adults.

Veg
Oct 13, 2008

:smug::smug::xd:
That'd own if so much fusing made them slow down their aging

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

Well it might not add their ages, but GT Gotenks looks so drat old for being a young adult that it might as well. He looks fine as a Super Saiyan but in his base state for some reason he looks like he has twice his age.

YggiDee
Sep 12, 2007

WASP CREW

Blaze Dragon posted:

Well it might not add their ages, but GT Gotenks looks so drat old for being a young adult that it might as well. He looks fine as a Super Saiyan but in his base state for some reason he looks like he has twice his age.

I think it's because the lavender hair going up the sides makes him look like he's going grey early.

Rand Brittain
Mar 25, 2013

"Go on until you're stopped."
A Goten/Trunks marriage would in fact be the best thing ever if only for the sake of Vegeta's reaction.

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

Rand Brittain posted:

A Goten/Trunks marriage would in fact be the best thing ever if only for the sake of Vegeta's reaction.

He'd be absolutely disgusted.

Not because his son married a dude, but because he married Kakarot's son.

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!
Keep your friends close, and your gay son in law closer.

Nanigans
Aug 31, 2005

~Waku Waku~

Some Numbers posted:

It's actually pretty easy: there are two timeskips in Dragonball, each of which is three years. Goku's first established age is 12, so he was 15 when he fought Tien and throughout the Piccolo arc and 18 when he marries Chichi.

Five years to DBZ makes him 23.

Nope. As of Dragon Ball Minus, he was born in age 734, instead of 737, so he'd be about 15 when he meets Bulma (making her bathing him super weird since she was just a year older.)

Goku and Chichi get married on May 8, age 756. So 21-22 is actually more accurate for Goku's age at that point.

Gohan is born in 757, Raditz arrives in 761, making Gohan 4 and making Goku 26-27 at the start of Z.

My ages were off before, but this should clear up this very important matter.

Burkion
May 10, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

Reinanigans posted:

Nope. As of Dragon Ball Minus, he was born in age 734, instead of 737, so he'd be about 15 when he meets Bulma (making her bathing him super weird since she was just a year older.)

Goku and Chichi get married on May 8, age 756. So 21-22 is actually more accurate for Goku's age at that point.

Gohan is born in 757, Raditz arrives in 761, making Gohan 4 and making Goku 26-27 at the start of Z.

My ages were off before, but this should clear up this very important matter.

Goku flat out says he's only 12 as of the first World Tournament so...nope.

Toriyama just hosed up with Dragon Ball Minus.

Nanigans
Aug 31, 2005

~Waku Waku~

Burkion posted:

Goku flat out says he's only 12 as of the first World Tournament so...nope.

Toriyama just hosed up with Dragon Ball Minus.

Yes, because Goku is so reliable. The kid looks tiny until well after kids hit puberty, which makes sense since "80 is still young for saiyans." Grandpa Gohan probably assumed he was an infant when he found him and went from there. 12 years after Gohan found him.

Also, this is easily one of my top 10 nerdiest arguments.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
I mean it's just as likely Toriyama never really cared about Goku's age and just put whatever sounded right both times

Covok
May 27, 2013

Baal posted:

I mean it's just as likely Toriyama never really cared about Goku's age and just put whatever sounded right both times

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

Reinanigans posted:

wouldn that be less weird

Also why do you think that's canon.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
When the gently caress is Tights showing up in Super

Covok
May 27, 2013

Baal posted:

When the gently caress is Tights showing up in Super

Vegeta wears tights almost every episode. What more do you want?

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
I want my Jaco anime

Nanigans
Aug 31, 2005

~Waku Waku~

Stairmaster posted:

wouldn that be less weird

Also why do you think that's canon.

...'cause Toriyama wrote it himself? It wasn't even something like the Super manga or anime where he gave Toei/Toyatoro the outline and they filled in the rest. Toriyama straight up drew and wrote Dragon Ball Minus.

I know it's not popular, but it's straight from the mouth of God.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
I'm willing to accept that Goku's parents are boring and saccharine as poo poo because it's DBZ and he's the hero and must come from the perfect lineage of the only beautiful saiyans to ever procreate except for that one kid we don't talk about

But Goku's age is not something that is so important to him in any conceivable way that I will treat it with anything other than a "Mhm, sure"

Nanigans
Aug 31, 2005

~Waku Waku~

Baal posted:

I'm willing to accept that Goku's parents are boring and saccharine as poo poo because it's DBZ and he's the hero and must come from the perfect lineage of the only beautiful saiyans to ever procreate except for that one kid we don't talk about

But Goku's age is not something that is so important to him in any conceivable way that I will treat it with anything other than a "Mhm, sure"

:agreed:

It's all incredibly irrelevant. Ages only matter when they want to make a "lol, saiyans age slower, sucks to be you, Bulma/Chichi. Your tits be saggy, yo!" jokes.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Goku's so perfect and beautiful that even being a bad parent to his son saves the planet and universe from total annihilation

I love him

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

the sad thing is goku was probably more of a father to an entire generation of japanese and americans than their real fathers.

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

goku taught me that if I believe in myself, I too can become blonde and shoot lasers out of my hands

he's an inspiration to us all

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
He taught me that I could become one with another man with heavy breathing and complex movements

Kinu Nishimura
Apr 24, 2008

SICK LOOT!

Baal posted:

except for that one kid we don't talk about

Burkion
May 10, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

Baal posted:

He taught me that I could become one with another man with heavy breathing and complex movements

OR by just wearing the right matching fashion and pelvic thrusting, be fair

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kinu Nishimura
Apr 24, 2008

SICK LOOT!
Don’t think. Feel, and you’ll be ”Broly.”

• Locked thread