Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Elysiume
Aug 13, 2009

Alone, she fights.

:[

Elysiume fucked around with this message at 00:52 on Jan 2, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

missingGO

kordansk
Sep 12, 2011
I play 1 game after not playing for like 3 weeks after winning a bunch of DMG games on this account, they put me into a game full of MG1/MG2's and since I am so out of practice (I still end up carrying the team) we lose 16-14 and immediately deranked. LOL. MG ranks are still a bunch of terrible players.

Elysiume
Aug 13, 2009

Alone, she fights.

kordansk posted:

I play 1 game after not playing for like 3 weeks after winning a bunch of DMG games on this account, they put me into a game full of MG1/MG2's and since I am so out of practice (I still end up carrying the team) we lose 16-14 and immediately deranked. LOL. MG ranks are still a bunch of terrible players.
If you haven't played in three weeks then your displayed rank was almost guaranteed to be inflated

Up Circle
Apr 3, 2008

I think somethings wrong with this picture

DarkMalfunction
Sep 5, 2014

symbolic posted:

missingGO

:five:

kordansk
Sep 12, 2011

Elysiume posted:

If you haven't played in three weeks then your displayed rank was almost guaranteed to be inflated

Yeah I understand that, my point was that MG1/2/E ranks were still incredibly bad and the only reason we lost is that I couldn't start carrying until about halfway through the game after I got used to playing again, but I just couldn't do enough to win by then.

Xenaero
Sep 26, 2006

Slippery Tilde
Someone's gfx card is dying and it ain't mine

qhat
Jul 6, 2015

kordansk posted:

Today I was on my deagle only MG account and I got a team with two +right;+forward derankers on it, so I decided to go full LEM on the other team. We got up to about 10-8 and then the derankers started full on blocking and teamkilling me every round because I was literally getting 4 kills every round and winning the game. Eventually one of them gets a 7 day ban for trying to TK me, but we end up losing 16-13 or something with me getting 41-17.

What I'm basically trying to say is MG is still utter garbage.

Tetramin
Apr 1, 2006

I'ma buck you up.
Decided to go full LEM on them

qhat
Jul 6, 2015

Ricky Bad Posts posted:

Hey LEM is top 8% now and and video games *farts*

mcvey
Aug 31, 2006

go caps haha

*Washington Capitals #1 Fan On DeviantArt*

Ricky Bad Posts posted:

You know, hosed them up

fennesz
Dec 29, 2008

dex_sda posted:

the only thing dropped is precious hours from a short life, wasted practicing to become better at a bad game

Someone edit this to fit in the thread title.

:golfclap:

qhat
Jul 6, 2015

fennesz posted:

Someone edit this to fit in the thread title.

:golfclap:

Nvm

Luna Was Here
Mar 21, 2013

Lipstick Apathy
friendly reminder that theres a discord for easy access higher quality voip
https://discord.gg/0giWRs6MzTTzXwl3

Smol
Jun 1, 2011

Stat rosa pristina nomine, nomina nuda tenemus.
So Threat is the new coach of NiP. The only question I have is why they didn't do this a year ago. Him teaching those lucker noobs how to play CS basically the only hope they have.

Smol fucked around with this message at 12:20 on Jan 2, 2016

qhat
Jul 6, 2015

Smol posted:

So Threat is the new coach of NiP. The only question I have is why they didn't do this a year ago. Him teaching those lucker noobs how to play CS basically the only hope they have.

Lmao at the strat

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

qhat posted:

Lmao at the strat
It worked! :perfect:

JollyPubJerk
Nov 10, 2009

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Smol posted:

Why isn't this done every game :swoon:

Smol
Jun 1, 2011

Liquid picking up s1mple could be the most important signing in CSGO history.

The dude is a loving beast.

Smol fucked around with this message at 20:10 on Jan 2, 2016

Google Butt
Oct 4, 2005

Xenology is an unnatural mixture of science fiction and formal logic. At its core is a flawed assumption...

that an alien race would be psychologically human.

They will always be trash with adren tho

stump collector
May 28, 2007
I assume adren will stop awping as much now based on the language of the liquid press release

Google Butt
Oct 4, 2005

Xenology is an unnatural mixture of science fiction and formal logic. At its core is a flawed assumption...

that an alien race would be psychologically human.

That's really unfortunate because his rifle looks as bad, if not worse than his awp

Carol Pizzamom
Jul 13, 2006

a bear you feed is a bear and a steed

Google Butt posted:

That's really unfortunate because his rifle looks as bad, if not worse than his awp

It should still be good, you really want a good awper if you're going to have a dedicated awper, because you will set up on the map differently based on where he is. If you have a lovely awper doing that your map control gets holes punched in it

As I understand it I'm a mindless player mostly

Tevery Best
Oct 11, 2013

Hewlo Furriend
s1mple did get kicked out of Flipsid3 for bashing on his team mates, which could be a problem in NA CS. Also, not only does he have to move across the pond, he has to take extra English lessons, apparently. It might turn out to be more trouble than he's worth.

Solo
Mar 25, 2003
Funny text here
Any EU goons around who wants to do a couple of games tonight with me and Devt? Any rank above MG1 will do, as that's our lowest. It'll be glorious(ly bad)

http://steamcommunity.com/id/Solocup
or
http://steamcommunity.com/id/Devt

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

I will be surprised if it is anything but that.

dex_sda
Oct 11, 2012

s1mple will make a couple sick fragreels and then get kicked out in a manner described as 'amicable' in the twitter release

A TURGID FATSO
Jan 27, 2004

Here's to ya, JACKASS
I give it a month before he leaves and "re-evaluates" his "pro" career, just like last time.

also s1mple looks like dolph lundgren if he was a gigantic nerd

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

Has an EU player playing with a fully NA team ever worked out before?

Depths
Apr 15, 2009

SENPAI

symbolic posted:

I played a goon man yesterday and we lost

canoshiz
Nov 6, 2005

THANK GOD FOR THE SMOKE MACHINE!

symbolic posted:

lurppis was pretty successful in EG with n0thing, fRoD, etc. NoA was also a great team but that was 2 NA players with 3 Euros so not exactly the same thing.

Up Circle
Apr 3, 2008

Depths posted:

I played a goon man yesterday and we lost

god intended for eu and na to be separate. its folly to try and mix cs races.

Smol
Jun 1, 2011

canoshiz posted:

lurppis was pretty successful in EG with n0thing, fRoD, etc. NoA was also a great team but that was 2 NA players with 3 Euros so not exactly the same thing.

Yep. EG with lurppis was the last NA team to win an real international LAN (ignoring ESEA LANs).

mcvey
Aug 31, 2006

go caps haha

*Washington Capitals #1 Fan On DeviantArt*
Winterfox recently was a NA/EU mix. Didn't do well but they played a lot of games with their players still in Europe.

stump collector
May 28, 2007
I think they dropped their EU players at the end of the season and replaced them with US players and won a lot of games including destroying denial esports

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

mcvey posted:

Winterfox recently was a NA/EU mix. Didn't do well but they played a lot of games with their players still in Europe.
Lol, Winterfox.

Rite Of Massage
Aug 16, 2005

anyone else listen to cool music in csgo to put you in the 360 zone?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kyTQYBk09Dg

fyallm
Feb 27, 2007

College Slice
Waited to long for VIP tickets for the columbus event cause supposedly one of my friends had a hookup, but that fell through..

What would be the best place to try and get a pair?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Photex
Apr 6, 2009

fyallm posted:

Waited to long for VIP tickets for the columbus event cause supposedly one of my friends had a hookup, but that fell through..

What would be the best place to try and get a pair?

Try Stub hub

• Locked thread