Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Gobblecoque
Sep 6, 2011

Asproigerosis posted:

So what time frame am I looking at for more guns/gun remodels so they aren't from the 90's where the art designers thought every gun should be left handed because the busier receiver side is more interesting for the player to see!

It'll probably happen when:

The Lone Badger posted:

The modelling conundrum will also need to be solved before truly new stuff can be implemented. I'm sure it will be, but not when.
:this happens. Who knows when, probably some time after GECK releases?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dienes
Nov 4, 2009

dee
doot doot dee
doot doot doot
doot doot dee
dee doot doot
doot doot dee
dee doot doot

College Slice

staberind posted:

Stronger back perk, eventually fast travel while carrying boston in your pocket.

Also, Male nude booty on da nexus. https://www.nexusmods.com/fallout4/mods/7059/
Your choice of cut or uncut, now all we need is the same for supermutants, (not lore friendly) and my prophecy will be true.

just to balance out (hahaahahahah), all the nekkid chicks.

I love the 'dirty' versions. You can't take a bath to rinse off the filth but by god you're able to keep that bush waxed.

KakerMix
Apr 8, 2004

8.2 M.P.G.
:byetankie:
Wasn't the whole 'see the receiver side' in FPS video games started with the original Counter-Strike? That game's weapons were modeled by a left-handed dude so the weapons were all left-handed. When you played Counter-Strike when it was a mod for the original Half-Life your character held the guns left handed on the left side of the screen. Later in the mod's development, they had the ability to mirror the guns, thus making the shell ejecting side on the left of the gun but with the gun on the right side. That's how it started, anyway, I think games after that got all caught up on the 'see the shells in your arms!!' thing.

Anime Schoolgirl
Nov 28, 2002

or you could just turn right and look at the ground

Avalerion
Oct 19, 2012

Is there a mod for having multiple companions, or just having the dog + companion yet?

Variable Haircut
Jan 25, 2012

Avalerion posted:

Is there a mod for having multiple companions, or just having the dog + companion yet?

This unlimited followers mod has worked for me

Mikedawson
Jun 21, 2013

Been having a problem with the Convenient Stores mod. For some reason, all of the registers float several feet off the ground. and I can't lower them. The problem is this height is higher than any of the tables I can find. Is there some specific type of counter I need to put them on, and if so, where is it? Alternatively, is there a way around this? My other mods are OCDecorator, Robot Home Defence, and Workshop Planters.

flatluigi
Apr 23, 2008

here come the planes
Things I want to see from a mod when the GECK drops: a UI for reassigning settlers showing all possible nodes in your settlement, which ones are currently assigned to which, and easy reassigning thereof. Also one that makes provisioners not count against the settler count for the area. Also one that actually gives them names.

Dad Jokes
May 25, 2011

Mr Tastee posted:

Been having a problem with the Convenient Stores mod. For some reason, all of the registers float several feet off the ground. and I can't lower them. The problem is this height is higher than any of the tables I can find. Is there some specific type of counter I need to put them on, and if so, where is it? Alternatively, is there a way around this? My other mods are OCDecorator, Robot Home Defence, and Workshop Planters.

The registers are that high because they're basically mesh replacements for the regular stands, so if they're at a different height, the settler working them will either sink into the ground or float up to reach them. The standard height is the counter under Furniture > Misc (iirc), but I usually use a wall shelf or a dresser if I don't want a counter.

The easiest way I found to place things exactly is to just use the console to move things. For that, the precise movement hotkey script is a godsend.

Example:

Beeb
Jun 29, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 17 days!

The Lone Badger posted:

The modelling conundrum will also need to be solved before truly new stuff can be implemented. I'm sure it will be, but not when.

I've seen a few mods that add completely new items, so at least there's some hint of progress in that avenue.

7c Nickel
Apr 27, 2008

Mr Tastee posted:

They're designed to work with the default bar. I think it's under misc furniture.

waffles beyond waffles
Jun 22, 2008

Oh, what a day...
What a lovely day!
Nice Hangman's Alley. Post some more screens in the stable people thread.

cloneboy
May 7, 2014

KakerMix posted:

Wasn't the whole 'see the receiver side' in FPS video games started with the original Counter-Strike? That game's weapons were modeled by a left-handed dude so the weapons were all left-handed. When you played Counter-Strike when it was a mod for the original Half-Life your character held the guns left handed on the left side of the screen. Later in the mod's development, they had the ability to mirror the guns, thus making the shell ejecting side on the left of the gun but with the gun on the right side. That's how it started, anyway, I think games after that got all caught up on the 'see the shells in your arms!!' thing.

That's part of it, but FPS games have had ejection ports on the left side since Duke Nukem 3D, at least. It's just more visually interesting that way.

Owl Inspector
Sep 14, 2011

I cannot fathom how it possibly bothers anyone which side of their fake videogame guns the shells come out of.

Fidel Cuckstro
Jul 2, 2007

One thing I'm hoping for is a modder or team tries to make some nicely modeled, lore-friendly* energy weapons. I know there will be a ton of really nice regular guns since everyone likes to go and do things like add every single gun ever made in the real world, it'd be cool if there were a few additions to the energy weapon side of the house :)

*at least meaning it's not just ripoffs of phasers, Star Wars blasters, etc...

edit- NV has a couple of nice looking ones like the MF breeder, recharger rifle, sonic gun, hologun, etc...

Fidel Cuckstro fucked around with this message at 03:28 on Jan 3, 2016

7c Nickel
Apr 27, 2008
I'd like to see a really junky home made energy weapon that's basically a hopped up taser. Shoots out an arc of electricity like 30 feet and needs to be reloaded each time. Basically the energy equivalent of the sawed off double barrel.

The Lone Badger
Sep 24, 2007

There needs to be a whole stack of one-off Institute weapons made by bored scientists.

Ra Ra Rasputin
Apr 2, 2011
Would it be possible for guns to remember if you reloaded them or not when you switch weapons, or is that just a engine quirk that can't be modded out?

In fallout 3 and 4 you can unload your 32 clip shotgun, and instead of dealing with the hefty reload penalty, you just switch to another gun and back to your fully loaded 32 clip.

Owl Inspector
Sep 14, 2011

One of my favorite oblivion mods that I want to see in FO4 when the mod tools are out is something that makes your number keys point to different items when holding shift, ctrl, or alt. I find myself not using a lot of the available grenades, mines and drugs because the 12 hotbar slots are not enough.

Beeb
Jun 29, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 17 days!

Slime Bro Helpdesk posted:

One thing I'm hoping for is a modder or team tries to make some nicely modeled, lore-friendly* energy weapons.

I can't wait for EVE to be ported to Fallout 4.

Ra Ra Rasputin posted:

Would it be possible for guns to remember if you reloaded them or not when you switch weapons, or is that just a engine quirk that can't be modded out?

In fallout 3 and 4 you can unload your 32 clip shotgun, and instead of dealing with the hefty reload penalty, you just switch to another gun and back to your fully loaded 32 clip.

There was a mod for this in Fallout 3 and New Vegas. Once the script extender starts getting fleshed out some more, it should be doable.

LumberingTroll
Sep 9, 2007

Really it's not because
I don't like you...
Just a heads up, anyone that thinks previous Fallout content can be "ported" to Fo4 are in for a rude awakening, the version of the engine the design for Skyrim and now Fo4 is very different from the previous Creation engine. This stuff will have to be made from the ground up, its always why we never had Oblivion content directly ported into skyrim. TTW type mods will also be impossible.

Bholder
Feb 26, 2013

LumberingTroll posted:

Just a heads up, anyone that thinks previous Fallout content can be "ported" to Fo4 are in for a rude awakening, the version of the engine the design for Skyrim and now Fo4 is very different from the previous Creation engine. This stuff will have to be made from the ground up, its always why we never had Oblivion content directly ported into skyrim. TTW type mods will also be impossible.

But... but... but they are using the same engine since Morrowind :downs:

Segmentation Fault
Jun 7, 2012

Bholder posted:

But... but... but they are using the same engine since Morrowind :downs:

Black Ops 3 runs on Quakeworld.

KakerMix
Apr 8, 2004

8.2 M.P.G.
:byetankie:

LumberingTroll posted:

Going from Skyrim to Fallout 4 though :getin:

Beeb
Jun 29, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 17 days!
Dang, guess my Fallout guy won't be getting his glasses and hat then :(

7c Nickel
Apr 27, 2008
It's not like the model files have lost all their data. It just won't be as simple a process.

Crowetron
Apr 29, 2009

staberind
Feb 20, 2008

but i dont wanna be a spaceship
Fun Shoe

Capn Beeb posted:

Dang, guess my Fallout guy won't be getting his glasses and hat then :(

Glasses and Hats should be relatively easy to import, the difficult stuff has a different t-pose and lots of different vertexes, bips, nodes or some other poo poo, and is rigged to a different skeleton. while skyrim stuff can be bodged in easily enough, you have a lot more hoops to go through to import anything earlier. that said, its not impossible, I'm trying to import some random stuff from oblivion in, if a klutz like myself can...

Although your settlers, and everyone else for that matter gives no poo poo about rotting corpses strewn about the place, maybe you do : http://www.nexusmods.com/fallout4/mods/6497/ Scrap Dead Things, aparrently safe from cell reset bug.

Sudden twist : chicks with dicks.
That actually needs to be done, some long romance type thing, hmm, guess thats another one for the Post Men mod.

Actually, when its possible to modify menu's, a consolidator mod would be a good idea, if you click on a workbench, the first menu can ask if you want to create x or modify x. it will slim down the amount of clutter in the workshop menu, allowing the vanilla workbenches to be used.

staberind fucked around with this message at 10:16 on Jan 3, 2016

waffles beyond waffles
Jun 22, 2008

Oh, what a day...
What a lovely day!
No dicks allowed until a fully physics enabled 10-incher that smacks Piper on the cheek when a raider explodes from the bloody mess perk is available.

cheesetriangles
Jan 5, 2011

I hope someone ports the only energy gun you ever need to FO4: The Holorifle.

Also port the rangefinder and instead of whatever perk the institute gives have it call in rods from god. They probably have an orbital weapons platform right?

Cirosan
Jan 3, 2012

Talkie Toaster posted:

There is a Papyrus compiler out: http://www.nexusmods.com/fallout4/mods/7380/
GET HYPE
Can this be used to implement entirely new scripts into the game or can you only modify existing ones? If it's the former, I can go hog wild porting CCO's Traits and Perks over to FO4 that much sooner.

Speaking of, why haven't we seen any mods that add new perks? I've played around with cobbling together new perks in FO4Edit and adding them via console, and everything seems to check out. Is the lack of a proper UI (to gate new perks behind requirements, etc.) what's holding this back, or is there another reason?

Zodium
Jun 19, 2004

do any mods add clear glass floors? i've been using the Greenhouse mod stuff, but neither the catwalk or glass floor let in as much light as i'd like

Talkie Toaster
Jan 23, 2006
May contain carcinogens

Cirosan posted:

Can this be used to implement entirely new scripts into the game or can you only modify existing ones? If it's the former, I can go hog wild porting CCO's Traits and Perks over to FO4 that much sooner.

Speaking of, why haven't we seen any mods that add new perks? I've played around with cobbling together new perks in FO4Edit and adding them via console, and everything seems to check out. Is the lack of a proper UI (to gate new perks behind requirements, etc.) what's holding this back, or is there another reason?
You can write entirely new ones. Most things I've tried have worked and the things that haven't I'm not sure whether are the fault of the compiler or of my implementation in FO4Edit.

Also, I've made a bunch of things not with scripts that I was holding out on releasing until the flood of tits abated but that's just not going to happen. So here's:
Damage Threshold: A resource that adds New Vegas-style Damage threshold. DT removes a flat amount of damage from each hit, before resistance is applied. It's subject to armour piercing just like DR.
Tougher Vertibirds: Gives all vertibirds 30 points of Damage Threshold. Renders them immune to most low-level raiders, so they don't pop like Brotherhood Pinatas. Neatly, Bethesda coded it such that if someone can't hurt something they'll just flee from it instead of firing fruitlessly, so raiders with pipe pistols will flee in terror when a Vertibird flies over whilst those with rocket launchers take potshots.
Impervious Power Armour: Gives power armour sets 10-30 points of Damage Threshold. As above, raiders will flee as you strut around in your X-01. It's pretty sweet.

Zodium
Jun 19, 2004

Talkie Toaster posted:

You can write entirely new ones. Most things I've tried have worked and the things that haven't I'm not sure whether are the fault of the compiler or of my implementation in FO4Edit.

Also, I've made a bunch of things not with scripts that I was holding out on releasing until the flood of tits abated but that's just not going to happen. So here's:
Damage Threshold: A resource that adds New Vegas-style Damage threshold. DT removes a flat amount of damage from each hit, before resistance is applied. It's subject to armour piercing just like DR.
Tougher Vertibirds: Gives all vertibirds 30 points of Damage Threshold. Renders them immune to most low-level raiders, so they don't pop like Brotherhood Pinatas. Neatly, Bethesda coded it such that if someone can't hurt something they'll just flee from it instead of firing fruitlessly, so raiders with pipe pistols will flee in terror when a Vertibird flies over whilst those with rocket launchers take potshots.
Impervious Power Armour: Gives power armour sets 10-30 points of Damage Threshold. As above, raiders will flee as you strut around in your X-01. It's pretty sweet.

neat

NMM gives me a warning about trying to install the main file because it seems to be included with the dependent mods too

Dark_Swordmaster
Oct 31, 2011

gromdul posted:

No dicks allowed until a fully physics enabled 10-incher that smacks Piper on the cheek when a raider explodes from the bloody mess perk is available.

I can no longer find the video (probably taken down) but I was going to respond to this with a video of a mod for L4D2 in which Ellis has a foot long floppy dick that's physically simulated. It was hilarious.

Anime Schoolgirl
Nov 28, 2002

Talkie Toaster posted:

Neatly, Bethesda coded it such that if someone can't hurt something they'll just flee from it instead of firing fruitlessly, so raiders with pipe pistols will flee in terror when a Vertibird flies over whilst those with rocket launchers take potshots.
how the gently caress did they avoid actually putting this "fear" feature in that's some weapons-grade incompetence

Zodium
Jun 19, 2004

Anime Schoolgirl posted:

how the gently caress did they avoid actually putting this "fear" feature in that's some weapons-grade incompetence

presumably implemented before and ripped out/not updated after the decision not to include the DR system was made

Talkie Toaster
Jan 23, 2006
May contain carcinogens

Anime Schoolgirl posted:

I have no idea. It's also one of the only tools we have for aggro management- you can make a 'tank' by just having them apply a 'Immune to non-explosion damage' effect on nearby allies via a cloak, and everyone will just shoot them instead.

Inverness
Feb 4, 2009

Fully configurable personal assistant.
I installed this Legendary Modification mod.

It has various versions to make things easier or more difficult. I use the survival version which requires you to scrap existing legendary items in order to get a special component that you need to add or replace legendary modifications. You need anywhere from 5 to 12 of these components depending on the type of legendary modification. Oh, and you also have to have a required minimum level depending on the modification type. No going for the strongest things right out of the gate.

The first thing I did was replace my wounding institute rifle with an explosive laser rifle. It seems the explosion effect mechanism is the same as what is used for laser beams, because my rifle no longer has one. It just causes the explosion at the target. I don't think I mind.

Talkie Toaster posted:

This seems pretty good. I'm going to try it immediately.

One question, do raiders who can't damage you flee immediately or do they have to take a few shots first before they realize they can't damage you? I imagine the former because that's how Bethesda rolls.

Inverness fucked around with this message at 21:02 on Jan 3, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Anime Schoolgirl
Nov 28, 2002

you turned the sci-fi laser into the laser from syndicate that just caused an explosion where you aimed it

merry christmas

• Locked thread