Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

CzarChasm
Mar 14, 2009

I don't like it when you're watching me eat.

SilverSupernova posted:

Sometimes he just rips them in half.

Anyway

Darth Vader Annual

Is that the evil assassin bot inside a protocol droid thing someone posted before?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
Rat Queens.

Phylodox
Mar 30, 2006

College Slice
Man, I think I'm done with Rat Queens. The artwork is really just not doing anything for me at all, anymore.

bunnyofdoom
Mar 29, 2008

I've been here the whole time, and you're not my real Dad! :emo:
Don't worry. There will be an artist changw soon

The Question IRL
Jun 8, 2013

Only two contestants left! Here is Doom's chance for revenge...

SilverSupernova posted:

Anyway

Darth Vader Annual

Thus begins the Star Wars/ Death Note crossover.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

CzarChasm posted:

Is that the evil assassin bot inside a protocol droid thing someone posted before?
Yeah, the Darth Vader series introduced a torturebot protocol droid and a heavily-armed astromech droid you can see next to him.

Alhazred
Feb 16, 2011

Say Nothing posted:

Rat Queens.

Saga has already answered that question.

BetterToRuleInHell
Jul 2, 2007

Touch my mask top
Get the chop chop

Gavok posted:

drat it, Sentry, you had ONE JOB!

Actually, you also had to keep the Void in check on a daily basis, but... okay, you had TWO JOBS!

It's actually helped a lot by existing alongside New 52 because as dark and messed up as it can be at times, the underlying point is, "This is NOT how it should be!" Kind of like Plastic Man's rant. New 52 never had that self-awareness.

Where is a good place to start with Injustice? I remember it initially being really terrible.

Gavok
Oct 10, 2005

Brock! Oh, man, I'm sorry about your...

...tooth?

BetterToRuleInHell posted:

Where is a good place to start with Injustice? I remember it initially being really terrible.

The fifth digital issue is when we get the surprisingly fun Green Arrow/Harley Quinn story that wipes the stink away from the first four game-mandated issues. That would be the middle of the second physical issue, if that's how you're reading it.

The art is pretty unfortunate for much of Year One, so be warned. Also, Tom Taylor leaves about 2/3 into Year Three and his replacement Brian Buccellato is really mediocre. Year Four has some decent ideas, but it's mostly just spinning its wheels and you can honestly skip the entire volume without missing anything of note. As for the annuals, only Year One and Year Four are worth checking out. Coincidentally, they're the ones written by Taylor.

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006
:negative:
The mess that got rid of all the magical heavyweights that could easily fix the whole situation was pretty fun, too. Don't know the issues, though

Sentinel Red
Nov 13, 2007
Style > Content.

Phylodox posted:

Man, I think I'm done with Rat Queens. The artwork is really just not doing anything for me at all, anymore.

Yeah, the series has been terribly disappointing since the original artist was (quite understandably) sent packing and the writing really wasn't able to take up the slack, it's just kinda lame and mediocre now.

Anil Dikshit
Apr 11, 2007

Phylodox posted:

You shouldn't be jacking off to cartoon characters, anyway.

Phylodox
Mar 30, 2006

College Slice

kizudarake posted:

Excuse me, these are comic book characters.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

Sentinel Red posted:

Yeah, the series has been terribly disappointing since the original artist was (quite understandably) sent packing and the writing really wasn't able to take up the slack, it's just kinda lame and mediocre now.

Huh, I never though the art was doing the heavy lifting, but I suppose it's less interesting if you're not down with the 'D&D campaign of 4 college chicks, but as a comic' vibe.

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

Patsy Walker #1

Phylodox
Mar 30, 2006

College Slice

Gaz-L posted:

Huh, I never though the art was doing the heavy lifting, but I suppose it's less interesting if you're not down with the 'D&D campaign of 4 college chicks, but as a comic' vibe.

The art wasn't doing all the lifting, and I was okay with Stjepan Šejić's work on it, though it still didn't feel as vibrant or expressive as Upchurch's stuff, but this latest stuff has just left me cold, cold, cold. Upchurch's art may not have been doing the heavy lifting, but, for me, at least, this new artist's stuff is actively weighing it down, to the point that I can't justify spending money on it, anymore.

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!

kizudarake posted:

You definitely should be.

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

The little girl in the right is clearly inspired by the "relay girl" meme.

Edit: http://imgur.com/i41FbLQ

Rhyno fucked around with this message at 09:48 on Jan 2, 2016

mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

SynthOrange posted:

Patsy Walker #1

This is a good version of Patsy Walker to bring back.

Breetai
Nov 6, 2005

🥄Mah spoon is too big!🍌

Sentinel Red posted:

... since the original artist was (quite understandably) sent packing ...

What happened?

mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

Domestic violence arrest. He beat the poo poo out of his wife.

CzarChasm
Mar 14, 2009

I don't like it when you're watching me eat.

Is this Deadpool or Gwenpool? The yellow bubble is my only clue

Uthor
Jul 9, 2006

Gummy Bear Heaven ... It's where I go when the world is too mean.

CzarChasm posted:

Hawkeye v. Deadpool?

kujeger
Feb 19, 2004

OH YES HA HA

CzarChasm posted:

Carpool.

mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

Carpool

SilverSupernova
Feb 1, 2013

CzarChasm posted:

Gwenpool's boxes are pink.

Cousin Todd
Jul 3, 2007
Grimey Drawer
Do.. do I want to know who gwenpool is?

Is this going to be a Snikt the clown level of explanation?

Senior Woodchuck
Aug 29, 2006

When you're lost out there and you're all alone, a light is waiting to carry you home
Gwenpool is a cosplayer from an Earth-Prime-type universe who has found her way into the Marvel Universe.

I am not making that up.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009
And IRL, it was a joke cover gimmick that became a story in an anthology one-shot and is now going to be an ongoing.

SirDan3k
Jan 6, 2001

Trust me, you are taking this a lot more seriously then I am.
For reasons that have nothing to do with any kinda no homo Deadpool man crushes we swear x-23 Gwenpool is legit progressive female expansion character. -Editorial as I imagine it.

Chinston Wurchill
Jun 27, 2010

It's not that kind of test.

Astonishing Ant-Man 3

GlyphGryph
Jun 23, 2013

Down came the glitches and burned us in ditches and we slept after eating our dead.
Gwenpool is the creation of and being written/drawn by the Dr. McNinja guy right?

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

Chinston Wurchill posted:

Astonishing Ant-Man 3

God dammit, now I'm going to have to start reading Ant Man. However, living in the shadow of the guy who's most famous punch was Hitler is a completely different thing than living in the shadow of a guy whose most famous punch was his wife.

Uthor
Jul 9, 2006

Gummy Bear Heaven ... It's where I go when the world is too mean.

GlyphGryph posted:

Gwenpool is the creation of and being written/drawn by the Dr. McNinja guy right?

Not sure if he created her, but definitely going to be writing the ongoing.

Malachite_Dragon
Mar 31, 2010

Weaving Merry Christmas magic
The guy who does Dr. McNinja is doing actual comics? :psyduck: How did I not know about this

Dr. Hurt
Oct 23, 2010

Malachite_Dragon posted:

The guy who does Dr. McNinja is doing actual comics? :psyduck: How did I not know about this

He's been writing the Adventure Time comics for about a year now and wrote the Deadpool Fear Itself tie-in.

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

The tools of a hero mean nothing without a solid core.

Malachite_Dragon posted:

Chris Hastings also had a go at writing Deadpool a few years ago.

Chinston Wurchill
Jun 27, 2010

It's not that kind of test.

Skwirl posted:

God dammit, now I'm going to have to start reading Ant Man. However, living in the shadow of the guy who's most famous punch was Hitler is a completely different thing than living in the shadow of a guy whose most famous punch was his wife.

The whole Spencer run starting in early 2015 has been pretty great. It doesn't quite fill the hole in my heart left by Superior Foes, but it scratches the same sort of itch.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Saoshyant
Oct 26, 2010

:hmmorks: :orks:

Speaking of

Superior Foes #17