Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
GalacticAcid
Apr 8, 2013

NEW YORK VALUES

SLOSifl posted:

Obviously the point of open carry will be made when ISIS finally attacks Turtledick, Mississippi.

Red State Dawn

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Don Pigeon
Oct 29, 2005

Great pigeons are not born great. They grow great by eating lots of bread crumbs.

SLOSifl posted:

Obviously the point of open carry will be made when ISIS finally attacks Turtledick, Mississippi.

Wasn't it a thing after 9/11 that New Yorkers were mostly resilient in the face of danger that happened in their backyard, while rednecks in Nowhere, Nebraska were the ones freaking out about scary mooslims invading our nations and destroying our way of life?

HashtagGirlboss
Jan 4, 2005

Oops. The revolution has started.

http://www.oregonlive.com/pacific-northwest-news/index.ssf/2016/01/drama_in_burns_ends_with_quiet.html

Maybe a bundy goes to jail this time?

computer parts
Nov 18, 2010

PLEASE CLAP

Mystic_Shadow posted:

Wasn't it a thing after 9/11 that New Yorkers were mostly resilient in the face of danger that happened in their backyard, while rednecks in Nowhere, Nebraska were the ones freaking out about scary mooslims invading our nations and destroying our way of life?

I can't find the article right now, but in 2004, the Democratic Governor candidates in New York were praising Giuliani so hard that you'd think he was a Dem.

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

It's time for them to feel some of the love police showed the rest of America in 2015.

Something Else
Dec 27, 2004

to ride eternal, shiny and chrome

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2022

quote:

Dwight Hammond, clearly stirred by the support, told the crowd, "Remember, this is not about me. It's about this country." The marchers cheered.

He kept up a banter with one protester after another, leaning towards one to say, "I'm no angel."
He clearly believes he'll be shot by police and is trying to get ahead of the media narrative

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

Something Else posted:

He clearly believes he'll be shot by police and is trying to get ahead of the media narrative

Sup brah, ready for real revolution?

HashtagGirlboss
Jan 4, 2005

Nonsense posted:

It's time for them to feel some of the love police showed the rest of America in 2015.

I think it's more likely they'll just cut the power. It's cold out there tonight.

Mr Interweb
Aug 25, 2004

This story's great.

quote:

Cliven Bundy, the Nevada rancher who stood down federal agents last year, urged the Hammonds to turn themselves in at the county jail and stay there. He wrote a letter Friday urging Harney County Sheriff Dave Ward to put the men in protective custody while investigating how it was that the Hammonds had been charged.

When Cliven Bundy says you need to ease up a bit...

quote:

But while Cliven Bundy's notion went nowhere, one from Ammon Bundy did. He arrived at the protest to hand out rolls of pennies.

As the marchers reached the courthouse, they tossed hundreds of pennies at the locked door. The idea, militiamen said, was that civilians were "buying back" their government to serve the people. But the message didn't last long. Two young girls swooped in after the march passed on to scavenge the pennies.

:lol:

The best way for this to end is if the police directly take down these fucks, not anyone in the federal government. Then it'll be more amusing to see how the right-wing defends this.

And why do these militia dickbags always have to show the federal government how tough they are by attacking the most innocuous types of federal buildings (the National Wildlife Refuge? Really guys?) I'd love to see these fucks try and attack an FBI or CIA compound.

fade5
May 31, 2012

by exmarx

quote:

Ryan Payne, a U.S. Army veteran from Montana, confirmed that he is among the those occupying the refuge headquarters but refused to provide details. He said additional information will be released to militia media outlets.

Members from Oregon, Idaho and elsewhere had converged on this ranching town in recent weeks to make the federal government the target of their anger. They came to protest and perhaps even block the imprisonment of Dwight Hammond Jr. and his son Steven, local ranchers convicted of arson.

Pennies In Protest Marchers pause outside the entrance to the Harney County Sheriff's Office to toss pennies. The coins were meant to symbolize citizens buying back their government With their side arms and sometimes hot talk, militia members had unsettled the community, creating fears that Saturday's rally would involve more than speeches, flags and marching.
--
As the marchers reached the courthouse, they tossed hundreds of pennies at the locked door. The idea, militiamen said, was that civilians were "buying back" their government to serve the people. But the message didn't last long. Two young girls swooped in after the march passed on to scavenge the pennies. Protesters reached the Hammond home a few blocks later. Dwight and his son have said they would report to federal prison Monday as scheduled to serve their sentences.
--
Marchers carried signs supporting the Hammonds, attacking the government, and urging citizens to act. They marched along in relative silence, conversing quietly among themselves. Besides the conversational tones, the only sound was the crunch of hundreds of feet on the icy streets of Burns.

The prostesters started staging mid-morning Saturday as the temperature worked to recover from an overnight reading of minus 15. As the grocer's parking lot filled, protesters strayed across the street to stand outside a funeral home. The operator asked them to clear the property because a family was coming in. Militia organizers ushered the trespassers back to the grocery parking lot.

They waited for the arrival of additional militiamen – a convoy of maybe 40 vehicles that had trekked 100 miles or so from Bend to join the cause. And as if they were starting a sporting event, organizers launched into the National Anthem, joined by most in the crowd. Several had handguns on their hips, advised by organizers to be lawful about how they carried them.

From the start, one element was obvious for not being present. No sheriff's deputy or state trooper ever appeared.

Mr Interweb posted:

The best way for this to end is if the police directly take down these fucks, not anyone in the federal government. Then it'll be more amusing to see how the right-wing defends this.

And why do these militia dickbags always have to show the federal government how tough they are by attacking the most innocuous types of federal buildings (the National Wildlife Refuge? Really guys?) I'd love to see these fucks try and attack an FBI or CIA compound.
They know they'd get loving murdered if they attacked an organization that's willing to hit them back.

And I'm not even joking when I say that so much of this sounds like exactly like ISIL; that second to last paragraph in particular is indistinguishable from a paragraph about an ISIL convoy.

fade5 fucked around with this message at 02:12 on Jan 3, 2016

radical meme
Apr 17, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

xrunner posted:

I think it's more likely they'll just cut the power. It's cold out there tonight.

This is perfect. Cut the power and see how long it takes them to go Donner Party on each other.

Islam is the Lite Rock FM
Jul 27, 2007

by exmarx
For anyone curious the low out there tonight is 1 degree F.

Personally I'd settle for a drone or two circling the place for awhile.

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

I'd be amazed if the police did a goddamned thing except wait for them to get bored and ring them up on evasion or whatever charges when they do come in.

Cut the power and encourage supporters to surround them so they feel pressured to stay there and freeze to death. Aren't these ranchers big welfare queens like the corn growers are?

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

The blue glow is a feature, not a bug

Pillbug

DemeaninDemon posted:

For anyone curious the low out there tonight is 1 degree F.

Personally I'd settle for a drone or two circling the place for awhile.

I propose the US Air Force circle them with a Predator drone towing a flag that has 'Vote for Bernie' trailing behind it.

HashtagGirlboss
Jan 4, 2005

radical meme posted:

This is perfect. Cut the power and see how long it takes them to go Donner Party on each other.

Maybe they'll accidentally set the place on fire burning some personnel records for warmth. I just hope they don't get into the firearms cache required to be buried in all federal offices by the Agenda 21 Act of 2015.

woke wedding drone
Jun 1, 2003

by exmarx
Fun Shoe

Mr Interweb posted:

Just take their lives. It's not like it'll keep Hillary from being elected.

Sir Tonk
Apr 18, 2006
Young Orc
http://www.phillyvoice.com/pa-man-fired-over-racist-tirade-anti-fracking-protest/

quote:

Former landscaper apologizes, tells reporter: 'I wouldn't say I'm completely racist'

Quote of the year right there.

Tiler Kiwi
Feb 26, 2011
something something purge planet

size1one
Jun 24, 2008

I don't want a nation just for me, I want a nation for everyone

SLOSifl posted:

Turtledick will never be attacked with so many large cities choose from that are gun free zones. Just like the 9/11 plot didn't include any military targets.

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

I'M HAVING A HOOT EATING CORNETTE THE LONG WAY

This is incredible.

Raere
Dec 13, 2007

size1one posted:

Turtledick will never be attacked with so many large cities choose from that are gun free zones. Just like the 9/11 plot didn't include any military targets.

The Pentagon isn't military?

A Winner is Jew
Feb 14, 2008

by exmarx

GalacticAcid posted:

Honestly I don't buy the "it's actually Good for business owners to incur higher expenses" platitude. It's bad for them but good for society. There's no reason to sugarcoat it and pretend like we don't have to fight them over it.

Yeah, this is bullshit. I'm literally one of the top people on my field at what I do with open ended job offerings at a ton of top firms and chose the place that I'm at now not because they paid the most money but because I was sick of having to work 50-60 hours a week salaried because that's just what's expected from everyone in the industry.

It use to be that I would gently caress around on the Internet (mostly here but also 600 hours a year on civ 5) every day for 3-4 hours because I knew I would be putting in 10 hours a day, but now I'm only reading/posting at lunch and am much more productive and a hell of a lot happier.

A Winner is Jew fucked around with this message at 02:58 on Jan 3, 2016

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

This guy who works seasonally mowing lawns thinks he's paying taxes lmao

Poor whites are the dumbest, most economically illiterate people to ever grace this horrible planet

Sir Tonk
Apr 18, 2006
Young Orc
I was roommates with a dude from Wyoming when I was in the Army and he had literally never met a black person before getting to basic training and he had a full undergrad in English or something. Dude also had an SS tattoo on his arm and really admired the fashion sense of the Nazi soldiers, but was pretty good about not being outwardly racist.

Being from the south, I had a hard time understanding how someone could have never met a black person in over twenty years. Doesn't explain the dude in that video, but being from the norther flyover states can lead to some serious isolation.

edit

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FrY1XltlRWg

The video really needs to be seen, dude is something else.

Crowsbeak
Oct 9, 2012

by Azathoth
Lipstick Apathy

SedanChair posted:

What's that image really about anyway, it looks like a video with santas from 4 different traditions.

It just looks like a really awkward cosplay convention.

GalacticAcid
Apr 8, 2013

NEW YORK VALUES

A Winner is Jew posted:

Yeah, this is bullshit. I'm literally one of the top people on my field at what I do with open ended job offerings at a ton of top firms and chose the place that I'm at now not because they paid the most money but because I was sick of having to work 50-60 hours a week salaried because that's just what's expected from everyone in the industry.

It use to be that I would gently caress around on the Internet (mostly here but also 600 hours a year on civ 5) every day for 3-4 hours because I knew I would be putting in 10 hours a day, but now I'm only reading/posting at lunch and am much more productive and a hell of a lot happier.

Yeah a lot of Wal-Mart cashiers are "literally one of the top people on my field."

fknlo
Jul 6, 2009

Fun Shoe

Bunch of armed military aged males holed up in a building? Nothing a predator drone with a hellfire can't fix :getin:

ohgodwhat
Aug 6, 2005

A Winner is Jew posted:

Boy it must have been so tough to choose that job knowing you wouldn't be able to provide for yourself or your family

1994 Toyota Celica
Sep 11, 2008

by Nyc_Tattoo

SedanChair posted:

What's that image really about anyway, it looks like a video with santas from 4 different traditions.

the dudes to either side of the guy in the guy in the chair with the turban are wearing headdresses similar to the traditional uniforms of Ottoman janissaries

Between those hats and the turban it looks like Saint Nick's meeting some dudes in Ottoman cosplay for whatever reason

A Winner is Jew
Feb 14, 2008

by exmarx

GalacticAcid posted:

Yeah a lot of Wal-Mart cashiers are "literally one of the top people on my field."

The point is that treating employees better than industry norms goes a hell of a long way towards making a business successful, even if it eats a bit into your bottom line.

woke wedding drone
Jun 1, 2003

by exmarx
Fun Shoe

zeal posted:

the dudes to either side of the guy in the guy in the chair with the turban are wearing headdresses similar to the traditional uniforms of Ottoman janissaries

Between those hats and the turban it looks like Saint Nick's meeting some dudes in Ottoman cosplay for whatever reason

The bigger your turban is, the harder your'e in ISIS. Until:

1994 Toyota Celica
Sep 11, 2008

by Nyc_Tattoo

SedanChair posted:

they didn't call him Suleiman the Magnificent because of his dick

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

I'M HAVING A HOOT EATING CORNETTE THE LONG WAY

SedanChair posted:

Lord of the Llamas
Jul 9, 2002

EULER'VE TO SEE IT VENN SOMEONE CALLS IT THE WRONG THING AND PROVOKES MY WRATH
Hey guys a British politician was revealed as a degenerate sex pest/rapist. BUT NOT WITH CHILDREN THIS TIME!!!!

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...lled-night.html

Josh Lyman
May 24, 2009

CommieGIR posted:

I propose the US Air Force circle them with a Predator drone towing a flag that has 'Vote for Bernie' trailing behind it.
As everyone knows, torture works so it might eventually convince them.

Pythagoras a trois
Feb 19, 2004

I have a lot of points to make and I will make them later.

http://realorsatire.com/realorsatire-com/
Checks out

Defenestration
Aug 10, 2006

"It wasn't my fault that my first unconscious thought turned out to be-"
"Jesus, kid, what?"
"That something smelled delicious!"

Grimey Drawer
Dick Nixon twitter alerted me to this

https://twitter.com/GroverNorquist/status/683425783470239744

Grover Norquist posted:

An armed people are a free people.
If our forefathers were not armed before the American Revolution we would all be speaking English today.

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

The face of movement conservatism

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Im glad my instant dislike in you has been validated again and again.

dude looks and reminds me of 2 of my uncles (they are twins) they probaly hold views much like this sadbrain and and both work similar jobs aswell. i can totaly believe this prick got caught up in the moment and spewed out a bunch of awful poo poo.

so did they actualy take the place over and take hostages or is this some dumb poo poo where they marched around outside.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

The blue glow is a feature, not a bug

Pillbug
I wonder if they remembered to bring their supply of women and children human shields this time around.

• Locked thread