Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Beeez
May 28, 2012
Cin Drallig was killed by Anakin.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

greatn
Nov 15, 2006

by Lowtax

Steve2911 posted:

IIRC the only Jedi that he actually killed (that we know of for sure) are the younglings and Obi Wan. The rest were taken out by clone troopers. At least that's how the film presents the events.

And Mace Windu.

He never actually killed Obi-Wan though, obi did that fade away clothes drop thing. Vader killed more Jedi between 3 and 4, stragglers who were still alive, probably though it isn't explicitly shown except in now unofficial material.

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

the trump tutelage posted:

Is it ever explained in the novelization or elsewhere exactly what it is that Vader started that Kylo Ren wants to finish?

I don't know but I assumed bring peace and justice to the Galaxy.

lobotomy molo
May 7, 2007

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

greatn posted:

And Mace Windu.

He never actually killed Obi-Wan though, obi did that fade away clothes drop thing. Vader killed more Jedi between 3 and 4, stragglers who were still alive, probably though it isn't explicitly shown except in now unofficial material.

That was kind of a lovely power, by the way. What if Vader had just nicked a finger, he would've evaporated into nothingness over a papercut?

Nessus
Dec 22, 2003

After a Speaker vote, you may be entitled to a valuable coupon or voucher!

Fly Molo posted:

That was kind of a lovely power, by the way. What if Vader had just nicked a finger, he would've evaporated into nothingness over a papercut?
Obi-Wan clearly prepared it as a reaction, and Yoda knew he was fixing to croak, and probably timed it a little. Qui-gon also figured it out and we see his meaty carcass as I recall.

stev
Jan 22, 2013

Please be excited.

greatn posted:

And Mace Windu.

Didn't Palpatine kill Windu? Anakin just hosed him up a little.

Phylodox
Mar 30, 2006

College Slice

Steve2911 posted:

So, like, 30-40 kills and an assist. Still not bad.

UP AND ADAM
Jan 24, 2007

by Pragmatica
Mace Windu blows

420 Gank Mid
Dec 26, 2008

WARNING: This poster is a huge bitch!

Luke, he also tries to hunt down and kill Luke. Basically if you put Darth Vader in a room with a Jedi he will have two reactions, 1 try to kill them, 2 try to tempt them to the dark side. His mission is to end the Jedi how could you be so dense?

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012

UP AND ADAM posted:

Mace Windu blows

The purple lightsaber was the best part of the PT

i am the bird
Mar 2, 2005

I SUPPORT ALL THE PREDATORS

Kurzon posted:

Why must everybody assume every character is related to each other?

Steve2911 posted:

Everyone knows that Finn is Lando's son and Lando is Mace Windu's son. What other explanation could there be for three black people existing in the same galaxy?

My mom asked me (because I had seen the movie before her) three different times during the movie if Finn was Lando's son. I consider it an indictment of the unimaginative scope of the series that her question could be not-racist it was still racist.

UP AND ADAM
Jan 24, 2007

by Pragmatica

TheKingofSprings posted:

The purple lightsaber was the best part of the PT

I liked Maul's lightsaber the most. I got a toy of it when I first saw TPM.

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012

UP AND ADAM posted:

I liked Maul's lightsaber the most. I got a toy of it when I first saw TPM.

that's second best

third best is Dooku's pistol grip saber

Bilirubin
Feb 16, 2014

The sanctioned action is to CHUG

the trump tutelage posted:

Is it ever explained in the novelization or elsewhere exactly what it is that Vader started that Kylo Ren wants to finish?

All the best jokes are already taken so I'll seriouspost a sec to call it now: its to bring the dead back to life.

Its Rinaldo
Aug 13, 2010

CODS BINCH

TheKingofSprings posted:

that's second best

I wished they had played up the fencing aristocrat aspect of his style more where he pokes holes in you with a laser sword until you die from it. Like a proper fencer!

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

Ezra in Rebels built a saber-blaster hybrid.

And now, Kylo Ren.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FuL4fKoQ0UE

The MSJ fucked around with this message at 00:59 on Jan 3, 2016

Away all Goats
Jul 5, 2005

Goose's rebellion

TheKingofSprings posted:

that's second best

Who needs a saber when you can just cover yourself in them?

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012

Away all Goats posted:

Who needs a saber when you can just cover yourself in them?

I half expect this guy to be able to use the force to levitate himself, curl up in a ball, and become a buzzsaw of lightsabers or Sonic the Hedgehog

Regnevelc
Jan 12, 2003

I'M A GROWN ASS MAN!

Steve2911 posted:

Anakin sliced his arm off and Palpatine 'unlimited power'd' him out of the building.

Liquid Dinosaur
Dec 16, 2011

by Smythe

Steve2911 posted:

Everyone knows that Finn is Lando's son and Lando is Mace Windu's son. What other explanation could there be for three black people existing in the same galaxy?

Finn is clearly the son of Wilrow Hood, the guy who kept the ice cream maker out of Imperial hands on Bespin.

Regnevelc posted:

Anakin sliced his arm off and Palpatine 'unlimited power'd' him out of the building.
If Darth Maul could survive falling down a pit into some kind of energy reactor core, you'd think Windu could have survived that fall by landing on some flying cars or into an open dumpster barge or otherwise have his fall broken a few times so he'd land non-lethally in Coruscant's ghetto.

Coruscant's lower city would probably be a decent place for Jedi to hide. There's literally trillions of people, most of whom probably dislike cops.

Liquid Dinosaur fucked around with this message at 01:51 on Jan 3, 2016

cargohills
Apr 18, 2014

Mameluke posted:

Speaking of Boba Fett, will Disney hire a new Maori actor to play him in that spinoff, since Daniel Logan/Temuera Morrison are his only actors left in-canon and unretconned?

They should hire Temuera Morrison and stick him in a suit or have him do voice-over only and then never show his face.

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Proudly supporting vanilla legends 1994-2014

TheKingofSprings posted:

that's second best

By which you mean Dooku's actual sabre. Most light "sabres" are shaped and used like Japanese swords, but Christopher Lee was a trained sabre fencer and insisted that his sword be shaped and used like the real weapon. As such it's the best sabre in the movies, by dint of being the only sabre in the movies.

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog
And it's a trilby, not a fedora, you stupid baka

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

The MSJ posted:

Ezra in Rebels built a saber-blaster hybrid.

And now, Kylo Ren.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FuL4fKoQ0UE

Wow am I ever glad I didn't watch this. Light saber gun. huh.

Phylodox
Mar 30, 2006

College Slice

euphronius posted:

It's not terrible. They actually got Frank Oz and James Earl Jones to do voices. That's probably the most notable thing about it.

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames

euphronius posted:

I don't know what you're talking about, that weapon is amazing

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

euphronius posted:

It fits Ezra's character because he's still a novice Jedi who grew up on the streets, so he's better at shooting than swordfighting and he needs a weapon he can use when lightsabers are too conspicuous.

Slow News Day
Jul 4, 2007
Probation
Can't post for 6 hours!
Rebels is pretty dumb. It can be endearing at times, but it's a mere shadow of the Clone Wars series with its lack of epic space battles and power duels.

Oh, most of it also takes place in like a single planet. :rolleyes:

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

The MSJ posted:

It fits Ezra's character because he's still a novice Jedi who grew up on the streets, so he's better at shooting than swordfighting and he needs a weapon he can use when lightsabers are too conspicuous.

He could use a blaster.

Phylodox
Mar 30, 2006

College Slice

euphronius posted:

He could use a blaster.

I mean, if you think about it, it makes sense. Bad guy blocks your blow? Just shoot him! But it's the kind of ridiculous thing you'd expect to see in a particularly nerdy Star Wars roleplaying campaign.

starkebn
May 18, 2004

"Oooh, got a little too serious. You okay there, little buddy?"

Teek
Aug 7, 2006

Whatever.

enraged_camel posted:

Rebels is pretty dumb. It can be endearing at times, but it's a mere shadow of the Clone Wars series with its lack of epic space battles and power duels.

Oh, most of it also takes place in like a single planet. :rolleyes:

In season 2, they've left Lothal behind and are now going other places.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

euphronius posted:

He could use a blaster.

But they he would not have a Lightsaber as well.

It`s a cool weapon I find. I also like the show and it`s getting better all the time. Probably my favorite episode so far is Stealth Strike which is pretty great.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oGuafWvi8NY

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Obscure to all except those well-versed in Yuuzhan Vong lore.
I just saw the film for the second time and I liked it even more this time.

I looked out for a couple things and during the Rey flashback I am 99% sure that the dude Kylo Ren kills is a Knight of Ren who was just about to murder someone. So I think Ren saved little Rey at the last second.

Also the last 30 seconds wasn't as awkward this time. But the helicopter shot was still atrocious. It REALLY should have ended with a steady low angle shot of both of them silhouetted against the sun. Even a flat angle shot would have looked good. Not a helicopter shot.

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

I looked out for a couple things and during the Rey flashback I am 99% sure that the dude Kylo Ren kills is a Knight of Ren who was just about to murder someone. So I think Ren saved little Rey at the last second.

I'm basically 100% convinced at this point Rey is just a random person Ben Solo spared at the Jedi Academy who he then dumped off on Jakku. It's this act, not anything to do with his family, that haunts him as his dalliance with the Light Side, and it sets up Rey to have no direct blood connection with Luke but still be an inheritor of his legacy.

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

I like it, because it means Ben had to spend the whole ride to Jakku explaining to his friends how dropping the kid off was totally more evil and Sith than just killing her.

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

Motto posted:

I like it, because it means Ben had to spend the whole ride to Jakku explaining to his friends how dropping the kid off was totally more evil and Sith than just killing her.

They probably wanted to protest, but they don't want to risk him lightsabering a hole through the ship hull in deep space.

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Motto posted:

Given the quality of Kylo Ren's decision making in general, I'm assuming his personally hired underlings went on wild bender and accidentally dumped her off on Jakku.

Slow News Day
Jul 4, 2007
Probation
Can't post for 6 hours!
I wouldn't be surprised if they continued to annoy him and he just killed them, to be honest.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Barudak
May 7, 2007

No way, Kylo clearly isn't important enough to be able to kill staff. That's where he's really failing to live up to Vader. His methods may have been cruel, but only the best made it as Admirals in the Imperial fleet.

• Locked thread