Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Moo Cowabunga
Jun 15, 2009

[Office Worker.

thank

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Stux
Nov 17, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 12 days!
earbuds own

Pooper Hero
Sep 11, 2001
The costumed crapper

Stux posted:

any added connector to an audio system is an instant epic fail and it's unbelievable that because of large children who are unable to handle the complex system of a cable the headphone market has made such a serious concession

why aren't headphones hardwired to stereos, that would make the best sound

craisins
May 17, 2004

A DRIIIIIIIIIIIIVE!

Pooper Hero posted:

Stux
Nov 17, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 12 days!

Pooper Hero posted:

you're right but that's impractical with how headphones are used. a hard wired cable on the headphones themselves is perfectly practical if u don't spend all day gnawing on your cables

kitten emergency
Jan 13, 2008

get meow this wack-ass crystal prison
plenty of decent headphones have detachable cables for a lot of reasons, some good, some bad

Stux
Nov 17, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 12 days!
good reasons: non-technical man children can use headphones as a fishing line and replace the cable when it breaks

bad reasons: everything else

Athletic Footjob
Sep 24, 2005
Grimey Drawer
my sorny headphones turn into a pair of bluetooth ones when that cable is removed. good stuff

Shaggar
Apr 26, 2006
apple cables disintegrate with normal use

craisins
May 17, 2004

A DRIIIIIIIIIIIIVE!

Athletic Footjob posted:

my sorny headphones turn into a pair of bluetooth ones when that cable is removed. good stuff

me too. but you can't use the 3.5mm cable to get sound when you're charging via microusb lmao

Athletic Footjob
Sep 24, 2005
Grimey Drawer
why would you want to listen to headphones with two cables plugged in it. that's horrifying

maniacdevnull
Apr 18, 2007

FOUR CUBIC FRAMES
DISPROVES SOFT G GOD
YOU ARE EDUCATED STUPID

i spent nearly a dozen american dollars on my current earbuds and i feel like that was way too much for such a product.

craisins
May 17, 2004

A DRIIIIIIIIIIIIVE!

Athletic Footjob posted:

why would you want to listen to headphones with two cables plugged in it. that's horrifying
if it can charge and i can still use the headphones via 3.5mm that's fine

the other option is listen via 3.5mm and the headphones don't charge. or don't use headphones.

Asymmetric POSTer
Aug 17, 2005

are there any in-ear buds with a mic that arent terrible or uncomfortable? preferably apple compatible but i dont need the volume controls, mute/unmute is enough

i dont get expensive ones because i lose them all the time traveling

i used to always get blackberry stereo headsets with the rubberized in-ear poo poo but they fall apart pretty easily and i cant seem to buy them as cheaply in bulk as i used to

Gynocentric Regime
Jun 9, 2010

by Cyrano4747

Athletic Footjob posted:

My Beats do the same thing.

FMguru
Sep 10, 2003

peed on;
sexually

Mulva posted:

My Beats
lomarf

LUBE UP YOUR BUTT
Jun 30, 2008

eh I've never had a lightning or usb cable die on me but detachable headphone cables are p nice imo. if you buy good ones they tend to be quite comfortable and I forget I'm even wearing them and try to walk away. I have a couple of headphones lying around unused because the repeated snagging destroyed the contacts at the joint between the cable and headphone

Pooper Hero
Sep 11, 2001
The costumed crapper

Shaggar posted:

phones that bend and cables that don't

LUBE UP YOUR BUTT
Jun 30, 2008

they should have just made the 6 plus out of lightning cables :xd:

VAGENDA OF MANOCIDE
Aug 1, 2004

whoa, what just happened here?

College Slice

Pooper Hero posted:

phones that bend and cables that don't

Wheany
Mar 17, 2006

Spinyahahahahahahahahahahahaha!

Doctor Rope

LUBE UP YOUR BUTT posted:

they should have just made the 6 plus out of lightning cables :xd:

Dixie Cretin Seaman
Jan 22, 2008

all hat and one catte
Hot Rope Guy

Shaggar posted:

Shaggar posted:

apple cables are the lowest quality. you need to go with monoprice or amazon basics if you want cables that last

shaggar was right. ive had three apple lightning/30pin cables turn blue/green and then burst open at the seams. had similar happen to two magsafe's. i'm not rough on my cables. the amazon basics lightning cable is still going strong (as is every other computer cable i've ever used by any other manufacturer)

Moo Cowabunga
Jun 15, 2009

[Office Worker.

this is well known

pseudorandom name
May 6, 2007

you know nothing jony ives

poty
Jun 21, 2008

虹はどこで終わるのですか? あなたの魂の中で、または地平線で?
lol if you dont just bring your broken cables to the apple store and get new ones free on your weekly visits

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Shaggar posted:

Amazon cables disintegrate with normal use

Asymmetric POSTer
Aug 17, 2005

poty posted:

lol if you dont just bring your broken cables to the apple store and get new ones free on your weekly visits

Asymmetric POSTer
Aug 17, 2005

but seriously lightning cables are bad

my at&t brand lightning car charger also kinda broke, i superglued the strain relief back to the connector housing after it came off :mad:

Moo Cowabunga
Jun 15, 2009

[Office Worker.

Apple doesn't want to open an Apple Store in NZ [tax, you see] so returning a cable to the Apple Store means a flight to Sydney.

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003

mishaq posted:

but seriously lightning cables are bad

my at&t brand lightning car charger also kinda broke, i superglued the strain relief back to the connector housing after it came off :mad:

cool story bro

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003

Mulva posted:

My Beats

:mrwhite:

Smythe fucked around with this message at 09:17 on Jan 3, 2016

Stux
Nov 17, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 12 days!

mishaq posted:

are there any in-ear buds with a mic that arent terrible or uncomfortable? preferably apple compatible but i dont need the volume controls, mute/unmute is enough

i dont get expensive ones because i lose them all the time traveling

i used to always get blackberry stereo headsets with the rubberized in-ear poo poo but they fall apart pretty easily and i cant seem to buy them as cheaply in bulk as i used to

earpods

LUBE UP YOUR BUTT posted:

I have a couple of headphones lying around unused because the repeated snagging destroyed the contacts at the joint between the cable and headphone

you're unbelievably loving stupid

Stux
Nov 17, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 12 days!
stop buying poo poo headphones where the cables break (all detachable cables so that they can sell you a new one) and then stop being so stupid that you keep walking away with headphones

Stux
Nov 17, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 12 days!
thank god mice are wireless now i broke so many walking away because i forgot i was holding it!!

The Leck
Feb 27, 2001

triple sulk posted:

hd598 supremacy
same but hd580

oh no blimp issue
Feb 23, 2011

what the gently caress do you people do to cables?

kitten emergency
Jan 13, 2008

get meow this wack-ass crystal prison

Awia posted:

triple sulk
Sep 17, 2014

gas

big shtick energy
May 27, 2004

i've been using the same lightning cable for charging every night for over 2 years, and i've used it on planes and thrown it in bags a lot too

quote:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shaggar
Apr 26, 2006

the lightning connector is very bad and very poorly designed

• Locked thread