Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Best Touhou?
This poll is closed.
Alice Margatroid 23 15.86%
i'm wrong 61 42.07%
Any/every other Touhou except the one Boom Boom Boom likes 61 42.07%
Total: 145 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!

this vn was well worth the price

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!
seriously though some of the lines in this are kinda hilarious but most of the dialog is pretty standard cute yuri stuff, so so far it seems good if you're fine with that

i'm gonna stop posting pictures now, before it starts to bug people

The Colonel fucked around with this message at 08:56 on Jan 3, 2016

Everything Burrito
Jun 2, 2011

I Failed At Anime 2022

a kitten
Aug 5, 2006

pandaK posted:

has that uncensored yuri game gotten on steam yet?

I think it's only "uncensored" because there wasn't anything to censor in the first place. So it's technically true, but.

Anyway, no.

Tarranon
Oct 10, 2007

Diggity Dog
ah, to be young

DisDisDis
Dec 22, 2013
You've got at least 3 more screenshot posts before you start to bug people, I think

Knorth
Aug 19, 2014

Buglord

Haha :3:

The Colonel posted:

seriously though some of the lines in this are kinda hilarious but most of the dialog is pretty standard cute yuri stuff, so so far it seems good if you're fine with that

Good! It's on 20% off right now which is kind of a shame but I'm glad there doesn't seem like anything immediately wrong with it

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!

Knorth posted:

Good! It's on 20% off right now which is kind of a shame but I'm glad there doesn't seem like anything immediately wrong with it

i mean, i dunno, actually reading further into the scene it dives pretty quickly into ecchi humor

but if you're alright with that i guess it's pretty okay, i guess honestly it's just kind of a standard yuri manga or vn

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

this is the first thing that showed up when i opened itch.io's desktop client

http://nomnomnami.itch.io/syrup-and-the-ultimate-sweet

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!
i'm gonna play more grow home

Tarranon
Oct 10, 2007

Diggity Dog

DisDisDis posted:

You've got at least 3 more screenshot posts before you start to bug people, I think

allow me to take you on a visual novel journey...into the theater...of the mind

Scene: High School

Enter: Two girls who are in high school, and you can tell because they're in uniforms

Sai: It's already been two weeks since we...*blush*

Mai looked around nervously. She picked up her pencil, and then put it down again. She looked at the pencil: it was yellow, with black lead. Putting the pencil down, she turned to Sai, who was known to own and use pencils

Mai: I know...I still think of that night every time I see the oak tree by my house, where you...ah, well, what do you want from Arby's?

Exit: The two girls, heading into the Arby's located in their cafeteria...just another day in America County Public High School, America City, USA

Jarogue
Nov 3, 2012

loving mantis shrimp kicked my rear end.

Knorth
Aug 19, 2014

Buglord

Quest For Glory II posted:

this is the first thing that showed up when i opened itch.io's desktop client

http://nomnomnami.itch.io/syrup-and-the-ultimate-sweet

It seems ...okay? The colouring and characters look nice

e. This cat person just said 'Gee whiskers'!

Knorth fucked around with this message at 09:18 on Jan 3, 2016

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

itch.io client is kind of useless otherwise because you can't search with it, it's just "your collection" which you queue through the website, and then install through the client?? it's a really lame middleman

the only games you can browse are "bite sized game recommendations" (candy game came from that), and "ludum dare entries"

Futaba Anzu
May 6, 2011

GROSS BOY

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009

The Colonel posted:

i mean, i dunno, actually reading further into the scene it dives pretty quickly into ecchi humor

but if you're alright with that i guess it's pretty okay, i guess honestly it's just kind of a standard yuri manga or vn

whats ecchi humor

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

The other good manga with Takane and Hana in the title.

Futaba Anzu
May 6, 2011

GROSS BOY

i wish there were more crossdressing manga/anime that treated the topic seriously like wandering son and reversible does

Yes_Cantaloupe
Feb 28, 2005
Having gotten annoyed at imgur's lack of A) a function to copy a list of all images from an album and B) a way to upload a list of image URLs with a single paste, I decided to figure out how to make firefox addons. So far, A is successful, and I have high hopes of accomplishing B tomorrow. My image dumps will be much easier in this glorious future.

khy
Aug 15, 2005

Is there a thread for Tora and Ushio? I'm enjoying it very, very thoroughly and it feels like some of the older shows I used to watch as a kid.

Reds
Jun 15, 2015

I sense someone talking about... GUNDAM!

khy posted:

Is there a thread for Tora and Ushio? I'm enjoying it very, very thoroughly and it feels like some of the older shows I used to watch as a kid.

That's because it's an adaptation of a 90s manga. There's even an OVA of the series made at the time.

DisDisDis
Dec 22, 2013
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KCNsfm2MyYI
the candy thing looks funny

Yes_Cantaloupe
Feb 28, 2005

khy posted:

There was, and I doubt it's fallen off yet. I should get back to it at some point.

ah, here it is.

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

FirstAidKite posted:

whats ecchi humor

like PG 13 sex humor

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!

FirstAidKite posted:

whats ecchi humor

dogsicle posted:

like PG 13 sex humor

Knorth
Aug 19, 2014

Buglord

Yeah, I was watching a different person play it but I'm kinda liking it

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

dang
i was enjoying her voice until she started acting out the characters.

also i have a friend who wants to make a vn with the same idea, but dudes...lol oops

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

dogsicle posted:

like PG 13 sex humor
you can see nips in ecchi though

Yes_Cantaloupe
Feb 28, 2005
My kittens seem to be in the grips of that awkward adolescence. They're regularly doing the goofiest, most ungraceful poo poo, falling into the toilet, running into the wall/me, getting their paws stuck under doors, &c. Perhaps at some point they'll develop that storied feline sense of shame and will try to pretend that nothing happened/they meant to do that, but for now they just stare at me, perplexed.

Reds
Jun 15, 2015

I sense someone talking about... GUNDAM!
Ecchi might as well be short for "we haven't invented a new joke since the eighties".

Everything Burrito
Jun 2, 2011

I Failed At Anime 2022

ZepiaEltnamOberon posted:

The other good manga with Takane and Hana in the title.

yeah it's funny and I hope they kiss awkwardly hold hands or something

Everything Burrito
Jun 2, 2011

I Failed At Anime 2022

Yes_Cantaloupe posted:

My kittens seem to be in the grips of that awkward adolescence. They're regularly doing the goofiest, most ungraceful poo poo, falling into the toilet, running into the wall/me, getting their paws stuck under doors, &c. Perhaps at some point they'll develop that storied feline sense of shame and will try to pretend that nothing happened/they meant to do that, but for now they just stare at me, perplexed.

this is the best cat time, except when they fall into the toilet because that's gross

Yes_Cantaloupe
Feb 28, 2005

Everything Burrito posted:

this is the best cat time, except when they fall into the toilet because that's gross

eh, I keep the lid down if I'm letting it mellow, and I clean it fairly regularly, so it's just water. They lick worse off of themselves.

Knorth
Aug 19, 2014

Buglord

dogsicle posted:

dang
i was enjoying her voice until she started acting out the characters.

also i have a friend who wants to make a vn with the same idea, but dudes...lol oops

She does a pretty good 'awful saturday morning cartoon' voice and I like her reading of the "I am also 'fine'" line at the start but yeah it's an pretty intense voice

Your friend should make the VN!

khy
Aug 15, 2005

Yes_Cantaloupe posted:

There was, and I doubt it's fallen off yet. I should get back to it at some point.

ah, here it is.

Thank you very much.

Reds posted:

That's because it's an adaptation of a 90s manga. There's even an OVA of the series made at the time.

That does explain it. I'm having a ton of fun watching it and it's really, really fun to take a step back a couple decades to what Anime was like when I first got into it.

Everything Burrito
Jun 2, 2011

I Failed At Anime 2022
My cat fell into pretty much any standing water she could find as a kitten so I learned quickly to get into the habit of keeping the lid down. She almost drowned in a pool before I adopted her and regularly sloshed around in her water bowl after she couldn't get into the pot anymore.

DisDisDis
Dec 22, 2013
Yeah she lays it on a little thick. Most of it seems pretty standard but the eating her end at the beginning made me laugh out loud.
(Your friend should make the candyboy vn)

Yes_Cantaloupe
Feb 28, 2005

These certainly aren't water-fearing cats.

Everything Burrito
Jun 2, 2011

I Failed At Anime 2022

Yes_Cantaloupe posted:

:3:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Knorth
Aug 19, 2014

Buglord

Yes_Cantaloupe posted:

That's a really sweet looking cat

I wanna scratch it's ears :kimchi:

• Locked thread