Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Battlegoat
Jul 24, 2003

Nap Ghost
Some pictures of the upcoming Volvo V90 were leaked.

Looks drat good to me.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

dissss
Nov 10, 2007

I'm a terrible forums poster with terrible opinions.

Here's a cat fucking a squid.
Yet another completely impractical 'wagon'

I guess it's still an improvement over a sedan :/

blk
Dec 19, 2009

Battlegoat posted:

Looks drat good to me.

Link to full size?

moon demon
Sep 11, 2001

of the moon, of the dream

dissss posted:

Yet another completely impractical 'wagon'

I guess it's still an improvement over a sedan :/

How is it impractical?

moxieman
Jul 30, 2013

I'd rather die than go to heaven.
"blah blah blah big D pillar and a slanted window"

I think it looks nice.

Friar Zucchini
Aug 6, 2010

chupacabraTERROR posted:

How is it impractical?

Surfaces on the exterior of the cargo area being non-vertical implies that surfaces on the interior of the cargo area are also non-vertical, and therefore less practical.

Frankly I give not a single solid poo poo about right-angles and cubity, I want one.

Boaz MacPhereson
Jul 11, 2006

Day 12045 Ht10hands 180lbs
No Name
No lumps No Bumps Full life Clean
Two good eyes No Busted Limbs
Piss OK Genitals intact
Multiple scars Heals fast
O NEGATIVE HI OCTANE
UNIVERSAL DONOR
Lone Road Warrior Rundown
on the Powder Lakes V8
No guzzoline No supplies
ISOLATE PSYCHOTIC
Keep muzzled...

Friar Zucchini posted:

Surfaces on the exterior of the cargo area being non-vertical implies that surfaces on the interior of the cargo area are also non-vertical, and therefore less practical.

Frankly I give not a single solid poo poo about right-angles and cubity, I want one.

Pretty much, yeah. I could do with out the lights on the liftgate, but it looks really nice.

dissss
Nov 10, 2007

chupacabraTERROR posted:

How is it impractical?

In the same way almost all modern wagons are - between intrusive suspension and sloped glass you simply cannot fit anywhere near as much stuff in them as the wagons of old

Battlegoat
Jul 24, 2003

Nap Ghost

blk posted:

Link to full size?
Those are the largest ones available so far. From here.

davebo
Nov 15, 2006

Parallel lines do meet, but they do it incognito
College Slice

dissss posted:

In the same way almost all modern wagons are - between intrusive suspension and sloped glass you simply cannot fit anywhere near as much stuff in them as the wagons of old

That's certainly true but I guess you could say the same thing about the rear window of any sedan. Therefore I propose we all have vertical rear windows that go right up to the trunk lid, 1980's Monte Carlo style.

Fender Anarchist
May 20, 2009

Fender Anarchist

davebo posted:

That's certainly true but I guess you could say the same thing about the rear window of any sedan. Therefore I propose we all have vertical rear windows that go right up to the trunk lid, 1980's Monte Carlo style.

Difference being you can extend the trunk forward beneath the glass in the form of a parcel shelf, there's no equivalent way to reclaim vertical space with a sloped roof.

Pr0kjayhawk
Nov 30, 2002

:pervert:Zoom Zoom, motherfuckers:pervert:
Someone will always bitch about something. Wagons barely sell as is, if they squared off the back it would look ugly as poo poo and zero people would buy them. Be happy someone is still making wagons at all.

KakerMix
Apr 8, 2004

8.2 M.P.G.
:byetankie:
Still more space than the sedan

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

I want a "wagon"

No, not an "SUV", a "wagon"

Not a lowered "SUV", i want a sedan with an extra back thing to haul more stuff

what the hell? the roof is too low, and the back slopes too much, there's no room to put stuff, i want it more square

perfect!

dissss
Nov 10, 2007

Not even close

Give me an old style Volvo, or one of these

atomicthumbs
Dec 26, 2010

We're in the business of extending man's senses.
Never put it out of your mind: all new cars are garbage

BuckyDoneGun
Nov 30, 2004
fat drunk

dissss posted:

Not even close

Give me an old style Volvo, or one of these

People like to rag on them, but one of these is the frontrunner for my next car. A lot of bang for the buck, and the amount of space in the back of these is just insane:

MrYenko
Jun 18, 2012

#2 isn't ALWAYS bad...

Is the engine in the new V90 longitudinal or transverse?

Asking for a friend... :aaaaa:

BloodBag
Sep 20, 2008

WITNESS ME!

atomicthumbs posted:

Never put it out of your mind: all new cars are garbage

:golfclap:
Brown wagon ITT

Throatwarbler
Nov 17, 2008

by vyelkin

MrYenko posted:

Is the engine in the new V90 longitudinal or transverse?

Asking for a friend... :aaaaa:

it's a 2.0l twincharged 4 cylinder that can be had with or without hybrid power mated to the new Toyota 8 speed FWD transaxle.

tetrapyloctomy
Feb 18, 2003

Okay -- you talk WAY too fast.
Nap Ghost
Yeah, like it or not, mainstream consumers like some tumblehome and D-pillar rake on their wagons and hatches. It does not render the car completely and utterly useless.

MrYenko
Jun 18, 2012

#2 isn't ALWAYS bad...

Throatwarbler posted:

it's a 2.0l twincharged 4 cylinder that can be had with or without hybrid power mated to the new Toyota 8 speed FWD transaxle.

Welp. There goes my erection.

PCOS Bill
May 12, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
This should be AI's dream car.

Brown, small displacement but enough get up and go, comes with a manual, vertical rear window, tons of space.

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

Not enough turbo
Wheel gap
FWD
5Mt, 4At
Blah

Rigged Death Trap fucked around with this message at 15:51 on Jan 3, 2016

Goober Peas
Jun 30, 2007

Check out my 'Vette, bro

You guys don't remember when wagons had slopey backs and could carry sheets of plywood

dissss
Nov 10, 2007

kris_b posted:

People like to rag on them, but one of these is the frontrunner for my next car. A lot of bang for the buck, and the amount of space in the back of these is just insane:

They're cheap as chips too but good luck finding one with cruise control and a non gross interior colour scheme (orange leather seats and obviously plastic 'wood' trim is far too common)

Wistful of Dollars
Aug 25, 2009

MrYenko posted:

Welp. There goes my erection.

Volvo ending it's straight-sixes is a boner killer.

atomicthumbs
Dec 26, 2010

We're in the business of extending man's senses.

El Scotch posted:

Volvo ending its straight-fives is a boner killer.

KillHour
Oct 28, 2007

As far as I know, the SportWagen is the only new manual diesel wagon available in the US. Except you can't get it because VW committed a felony just by selling it. Also, it doesn't come in brown.

Literally Lewis Hamilton
Feb 22, 2005

KillHour posted:

As far as I know, the SportWagen is the only new manual diesel wagon available in the US. Except you can't get it because VW committed a felony just by selling it. Also, it doesn't come in brown.

Toffee brown isn't good enough for you?

KillHour
Oct 28, 2007

Bovril Delight posted:

I didn't see that color on their website. Is that on old model year?

Also, it still has a sloped rear end. I guess we all just have to kill ourselves since there's no car worthy of us.

kimbo305
Jun 9, 2007

actually, yeah, I am a little mad
Saw a Model X just rolling around:

Note the P90D badging. Muffinpox's Saturn's defrost vent makes for a sick two-level diffuser.

Neither he nor I noticed it was something other than a Model S until we were stopped behind it. Had no idea it was out, but apparently 200 got delivered this past quarter.

Did not mock the nonchalant driver with

Also, this was the first time I realized that "falcon wing" is branding for SpaceX's rockets.

blugu64
Jul 17, 2006

Do you realize that fluoridation is the most monstrously conceived and dangerous communist plot we have ever had to face?
That looks like the backend of a future aztek

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

kimbo305 posted:

Did not mock the nonchalant driver with

But the doors don't open like that

they open like this

those are not the doors of an enviromentalist, richard.

fknlo
Jul 6, 2009

Fun Shoe
I didn't know Mercedes had its own version of the X6 until I saw one today. It's better than the X6 but still :barf:

MrYenko
Jun 18, 2012

#2 isn't ALWAYS bad...

fknlo posted:

I didn't know Mercedes had its own version of the X6 until I saw one today. It's better than the X6 but still :barf:

I feel like trying to segment-for-segment compete with BMW at the moment is a little silly, since by themselves, it seems like BMW is just throwing poo poo at the wall to see what sticks.

KillHour
Oct 28, 2007

Powershift posted:

But the doors don't open like that

they open like this

those are not the doors of an enviromentalist, richard.

God, I miss that show. When is the next season out?

IOwnCalculus
Apr 2, 2003

Battlegoat posted:

Looks drat good to me.

I'm sure it will cost $Texas but goddamn that looks good. Could probably even play the safety element hard enough to convince my wife to go for it... she's been sour on Volvos ever since the glovebox door of my 240 fell off in her lap :v:

Terrible Robot
Jul 2, 2010

FRIED CHICKEN
Slippery Tilde
Has Volvo confirmed that they are even bringing the V90 to the States?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

dissss
Nov 10, 2007

Bovril Delight posted:

Those are actually really practical for a modern wagon (as are the Passats). There are lots of other reasons not to buy a VW though.