Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Grozz Nuy
Feb 21, 2008

Welcome to Moonside.

Wecomel to Soonmide.

Moonwel ot cosidme.

Cory Lidle posted:

It was obvious enough they do all this poo poo for Public Points, they fact that one of them feels the need to laud themselves for such a brilliant strategy is idiotic.

They're jut a bunch of carnies playing corporate dress up.

Yeah but let's be real, actual corporate leaders are also secretly a bunch of carny fucks.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

Cory Lidle posted:

It was obvious enough they do all this poo poo for Public Points, they fact that one of them feels the need to laud themselves for such a brilliant strategy is idiotic.

They're jut a bunch of carnies playing corporate dress up.

That's not what she was doing, she was quoting someone. Whether or not it was smart to tweet is another subject.

DannoMack
Aug 1, 2003

i love it when you call me big poppa

Aesop Poprock posted:

It's the equivalent of being an acquaintance of someone who has a sick kid, sending that kid a get well soon card and then calling up the parents to say "I don't know you well enough to really care but I knew it would make me look better if I did that"

I like to think of it more like giving a kidney to someone and then afterward telling them it was entirely because you need them to pay their half of the mortgage.

Aesop Poprock
Oct 21, 2008

Grimey Drawer

DannoMack posted:

I like to think of it more like giving a kidney to someone and then afterward telling them it was entirely because you need them to pay their half of the mortgage.

In this scenario is Stephanie McMahon married to the charity, which is somehow going to be supporting her? I'm getting lost

RacistGuidingLight
Apr 5, 2009

by FactsAreUseless

Aesop Poprock posted:

In this scenario is Stephanie McMahon married to the charity, which is somehow going to be supporting her? I'm getting lost

you're the kidney.

Cory Lidle
Oct 12, 2006

Grozz Nuy posted:

Yeah but let's be real, actual corporate leaders are also secretly a bunch of carny fucks.
Corporate poo poo is a work too for sure, but WWE's attempt at being slick, corporate-land sometimes looks like monkeys in tuxedos smashing their palm pilots together.

Aesop Poprock
Oct 21, 2008

Grimey Drawer

RacistGuidingLight posted:

you're the kidney.

this improv troupe is terrible

Rand McNally
May 20, 2007

MassRafTer posted:

That's not what she was doing, she was quoting someone. Whether or not it was smart to tweet is another subject.

It was pretty bad to tweet that on the night of the Hall of Fame/presentation of Connor's award.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

Rand McNally posted:

It was pretty bad to tweet that on the night of the Hall of Fame/presentation of Connor's award.

The tweet wasn't even the worst thing about the award given it was in honor of the Ultimate Warrior. The tweet was just dumb, that was actually awful.

Shima Honnou
Dec 1, 2010

The Once And Future King Of Dicetroit

College Slice
Warrior and Crusher keeping the wrong people out of Heaven together now.

MacDougall
Apr 21, 2008

Definitely Australian
I kind of feel like if she had have made that tweet on a random Thursday in September the furore would have been drastically lessened. The timing of it with the Connor award was what made every start gasping for air.

Dumb tweet, horrific timing.

Gonzo McFee
Jun 19, 2010
If Ultimate Warrior got into heaven then it's a loving dump.

DrVenkman
Dec 28, 2005

I think he can hear you, Ray.

Rand McNally posted:

Wasn't the Connor stuff also not meant to be for 'talent'? And the first thing they do is give it to him.

I'm not sure why anyone is surprised by the Hogan stuff. Of course they'll have him back, just like they did with Warrior and he was hardly a bastion of tolerance. Heath Ledger died? Oh I better say something about it:

quote:

By today's standard, though, I do have to agree that he was a great father. Perhaps even greater then the father of the year, Hulk Hogan. After all, Leather Hedger did what it took to kill himself. His kid is without a father, yes, but the negative influence is now removed and his own child has the chance for a full recovery.

The 'negative influence' by the way is starring in BROKEBACK MOUNTAIN. It also looks like all of his crazy blog stuff has been taken down since he died.

Gonzo McFee
Jun 19, 2010
He was a man who happily tweeted about how Philip Seymour Hoffman deserved to die because he did drugs and then died of a massive drug related heart attack.

dsriggs
May 28, 2012

MONEY FALLS...

...FROM THE SKY...

...WHENEVER HE POSTS!

DrVenkman posted:

Wasn't the Connor stuff also not meant to be for 'talent'? And the first thing they do is give it to him.

Nah, it was supposed to go to behind-the-scenes people who don't get enough credit for what they do. But the WWE realised that it's better PR to give an award to a dead kid instead of Jim from the ring crew, or whoever.

Shima Honnou
Dec 1, 2010

College Slice

DrVenkman posted:

I'm not sure why anyone is surprised by the Hogan stuff. Of course they'll have him back, just like they did with Warrior and he was hardly a bastion of tolerance.

TBF the whole Warrior drama (as far as WWE was concerned) had nothing to do with the content he was putting out or what he was when he wasn't working for them. The Hogan stuff is directly because of what he said while working for WWE. But even so it's basically assured that if Hogan doesn't burn the bridge and if he lives long enough they'll have him back, he's one of their biggest living stars.

Blasmeister
Jan 15, 2012

2Time TRP Sack Race Champion

The award was a bad fit for connor as warrior was a piece of poo poo who hated doing things for fans, and connor a bad fit for the award as it was supposed to be a backstage guy award that got co-opted by the company for something that gave better PR. Much like connor's relationship with wwe. maybe it is a good fit after all.

super macho dude
Aug 9, 2014

what was connor's stance on the gays? we can only truly speculate...

Shima Honnou
Dec 1, 2010

College Slice

Zack Ryder posted:

I am undefeated this year.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

super macho dude posted:

what was connor's stance on the gays? we can only truly speculate...

I sometimes like to imagine meeting Conor was a lot like eating hotdogs with a drunk Malcolm X.

ICHIBAHN
Feb 21, 2007

by Cyrano4747
He's pro gay marriage
Edit : wrong Connor

nooneofconsequence
Oct 30, 2012

she had tiny Italian boobs.
Well that's my story.

He's dating Emma so things are looking good for Zack.

Charles Gnarwin
Jul 31, 2014

I joined the #RXT REVOLUTION.
:boom:
he knows...

nooneofconsequence posted:

Not if he has to eat the food she cooks.

Germ Incubator
Nov 4, 2009

*Cowboy Shit*

Charles Gnarwin posted:

muscle egg

your friend sk
Dec 10, 2005

(ヤイケス!)

actually he's seemed pretty defeated for a few years now

MrBling
Aug 21, 2003

Oozing machismo

The_Rob
Feb 1, 2007

Blah blah blah blah!!

My love for the bucks is endless.

Shima Honnou
Dec 1, 2010

College Slice

nooneofconsequence posted:

Good for them. Having seen what happened to Emma on the main roster, I can't imagine a more perfect match.

Abroham Lincoln
Sep 19, 2011

Note to self: This one's the good one

WeedlordGoku69
Feb 12, 2015

by Cyrano4747

Skaw posted:

Reminder that Triple H has said they possibly want to try to get Hogan back.

HHH has said the door's open if Hogan wants to apologize for being a horrible racist rear end and change his ways, iirc. Not quite the same.

Beef Jerky Robot
Sep 20, 2009

"And the DICK?"

owens/riley might be my feud of the year

Ostentatious
Sep 29, 2010

who is riley?

Blasmeister
Jan 15, 2012

2Time TRP Sack Race Champion

Ostentatious posted:

who is riley?

rage

Delsaber
Oct 1, 2013

This may or may not be correct.

Charles Gnarwin posted:

I'm sure he must know what he's getting into dating an Aussie.

The Croc
Dec 19, 2004

A-well-a everybody's heard about the bird!

OH YEAH!

Beef Jerky Robot posted:

owens/riley might be my feud of the year

Peak being when everyone kept tweeting him the gif of owens taking the time out from running away from finn balor to stomp him.

So much rage

did riley even have a match on tv after his short owens squash program?

The Bee
Nov 25, 2012

Making his way to the ring . . .
from Deep in the Jungle . . .

The Big Monkey!

No, no, that's the Two Best Friend Play guys' Def Jam CAW.

waffle iron
Jan 16, 2004
For the record Alex Riley was in one of the gym scenes of Breaking Ground. The one that had Sami Zayn.

RAGE :argh: RAGE

Gavok
Oct 10, 2005

Brock! Oh, man, I'm sorry about your...

...tooth?

Ostentatious posted:

who is riley?

Alex Riley is this chucklefuck who was originally introduced as this smarmy, varsity jacket-wearing rookie who became the Miz's like-minded flunky around the time Miz became champ. Eventually, he turned on Miz and got a good crowd reaction for about two weeks before everyone realized that he had nothing going for him whatsoever. He was promptly forgotten about.

He moved on to be a commentator for NXT and wasn't very good. This led to a rather great storyline where Kevin Owens was doing commentary and Riley timidly spoke his mind rather than be bullied. Owens stormed off and came back later to attack Riley. This built to Riley resigning as commentator so he could go back to wrestling, wherein he lost to Owens. Since then, he's done really nothing.

If you only followed the feud on Twitter, you'd think that Owens was the face and Riley was the heel, since Riley is insufferable on social media and Owens is charming, even when being an rear end in a top hat. So while on NXT, Riley was a guy booked in a way that you could cheer for him, his Twitter made him look like a gigantic douche idiot with Owens constantly destroying him with each response.

hyper from Pixie Sticks
Sep 28, 2004

Charles Gnarwin posted:

Or leaves his iPad case out in the open.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sigma
Aug 24, 2003

Grimey Drawer

Gavok posted:

Since then, he's done really nothing.

He was kayfabe injured off TV after the feud, but he actually had a torn meniscus or some other nagging knee injury that needed surgery and rehab. With all the new recruits coming onto NXT this year, I doubt they'll ever bring him back.