Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Grouchio
Aug 31, 2014

I'll leave now.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Genocyber
Jun 4, 2012

Grouchio posted:

I'll leave now.

:smith:

Vandar
Sep 14, 2007

Isn't That Right, Chairman?

"Wakka, why does your job class say Grand Wizard?"

The FFX playthrough continues to be the best thing ever. That line slayed me.

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

My favorite thing is Matt at the start of Ultimax with Adachi goes "He's the hero of this story!" laughing it up but what he doesn't know (I'm guessing)

He actually is

Ruggington
Apr 21, 2012

that was not my intent

but I'm glad he's still getting some nice anime avs

Silentman0
Jul 11, 2005

I have a new neighbor. Heard he comes from far away

ThisIsACoolGuy posted:

My favorite thing is Matt at the start of Ultimax with Adachi goes "He's the hero of this story!" laughing it up but what he doesn't know (I'm guessing)

He actually is

Voice actor joke?

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

Silentman0 posted:

Voice actor joke?

No, he and Yu literally team up to beat the bad guy and he redeems himself and hangs with Dojima at the end of his story.

Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

ThisIsACoolGuy posted:

No, he and Yu literally team up to beat the bad guy and he redeems himself and hangs with Dojima at the end of his story.

I already knew about this but I think it's still worth our time to gather together and, as a group, talk about how bad the P4 spinoffs are

DPM
Feb 23, 2015

TAKE ME HOME
I'LL CHECK YA BUM FOR GRUBS

Rodyle posted:

I already knew about this but I think it's still worth our time to gather together and, as a group, talk about how bad the P4 spinoffs are

Super Best Anime Court

Edit: Whatever Woolie did to the new audio set up it worked like a champ, the Ultimax vid sounds incredible.

DPM fucked around with this message at 05:00 on Jan 2, 2016

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!

ThisIsACoolGuy posted:

This owns super hard

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

Rodyle posted:

Adachi is the only part of them that is handled consistently well otherwise a lot of characters here and there suffer from becoming shells of themselves is basically it

That being said Yukiko is really funny in PQ. The Arena games are good, PQ is a boring dungeon crawler, and Dancing All Night is a mediocre rhythm game that can be kind of fun at times but is fundamentally broken.

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?
"Miyazaki is Jecht" is a powerful small line to start up the year.

HGH
Dec 20, 2011
I don't know how the guys managed to miss Elizabeth both times they played P4A. I mean yeah sure she's the weird glass canon OHKO character but still.

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth
I don't think they missed her at all

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

ThisIsACoolGuy posted:

I can't believe Dojima killed a man.

BravestOfTheLamps
Oct 12, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
Lipstick Apathy
At least he's learned to laugh at it

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo

RareAcumen posted:

I can't believe Dojima killed a man.

you too would snap if you had to hear the junes theme song in full 30 times a week

Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

I refuse to believe Pat's lies, that god drat Sex Style UFO Catcher is impossible, it made me give up baseball training.

E: I also love that the first thing Matt things of when he sees "Castor Pollux" isn't the Gemini but Face/Off

Rody One Half fucked around with this message at 21:11 on Jan 2, 2016

Depths
Apr 15, 2009

SENPAI
Some real good stuff got added to vessel

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!

Depths posted:

Some real good stuff got added to vessel

oh man

oooh maaaaan

Ruggington
Apr 21, 2012

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tU3el-Kk8Fw

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
That ending :allears:

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth
Man I like both flavors but I never expected to love this wonderful PB&J of a video as much as I do.

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Restaurant de Nouvelles "À Table" Proudly Presents:
A Climactic Encounter Ending on 1 Negate and a Dream
I can't wait for the LP off season when the Zaibatsu can trade Pat for Danny.

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!
Whoever's in charge of audio synch for wolfenstein needs a pay cut, and then a raise, and then two pay cuts.

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!
also armor isn't clothes!

TheRealestMatt
Jun 27, 2014

The Boss. The CEO. The J-Cup Lover.

Blockhouse posted:

Whoever's in charge of audio synch for wolfenstein needs a pay cut, and then a raise, and then two pay cuts.

Pat and I exchanged editing duties on Wolfenstein. What's the problem?

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!

TheRealestMatt posted:

Pat and I exchanged editing duties on Wolfenstein. What's the problem?

New episode on vessel's a little off again. Not as bad as a couple of videos ago but its there.

TheRealestMatt
Jun 27, 2014

The Boss. The CEO. The J-Cup Lover.

Blockhouse posted:

New episode on vessel's a little off again. Not as bad as a couple of videos ago but its there.

The whole LP as been a technical mess. It seems alot of 60fps videos have been acting weird when uploaded there. We bounced around between recording Wolfenstein in 30 and 60.

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!

TheRealestMatt posted:

The whole LP as been a technical mess. It seems alot of 60fps videos have been acting weird when uploaded there. We bounced around between recording Wolfenstein in 30 and 60.

Oh so it's not you guys then. I take back my paycut joke. Raises for everyone!

bhlaab
Feb 21, 2005

DumbparameciuM posted:

Super Best Anime Court

Edit: Whatever Woolie did to the new audio set up it worked like a champ, the Ultimax vid sounds incredible.

i think it sounds bad. the dynamics are too hot, youve got boosted bass and boosted treble so the middle range kind of falls away.

playing around with my sound cards EQ panel i found it improved by boosting the 500-2000hz range by 3-4db and maybe dropping the lowest end (31hz) by about -2db
it sounds less 'fancy' but you don't want voice over to sound fancy you want it to be utilitarian

TriffTshngo
Mar 28, 2010

Don't get it twisted who your enemies are.
Pay cut for Pat, raise for Zach.

lets hang out
Jan 10, 2015

just noticed yakuza 5 has a versus mode so i look forward to seeing it on scrublords

OneDeadman
Oct 16, 2010

[SUPERBIA]

lets hang out posted:

just noticed yakuza 5 has a versus mode so i look forward to seeing it on scrublords

Virtua Fighter 2 plus Rhythem Game Showdown scrublords would be PRETTTY GOOD

Grouchio
Aug 31, 2014

You guys can't churn out these FFX videos fast enough.

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

That meeting with Rin is the funniest loving thing. I was worried about this playthrough at first but it's loving magical and I absolutely cannot wait for BIG HAPPY FIREWORKS now.

goldblums eyes
Jan 11, 2011

The podcast was best when for the first 50 episodes everyone was drunk. Everyone should be drunk again

Al-Saqr
Nov 11, 2007

One Day I Will Return To Your Side.
episode 14 of the FFX playthrough was one of the funniest episodes on the channel, Racist Wakka and Miyazaki is Jecht haha. Woolie and Matt are really knocking it out of the park.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Hey brudda, #AllLivesMatter, that's all I'm trying to say."

Holy cow, I was really skeptical at first because it's FF10. But drat if this isn't paying off hard already.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Bee
Nov 25, 2012

Making his way to the ring . . .
from Deep in the Jungle . . .

The Big Monkey!
Sounds like Wakka and Big the Cat have a lot to talk about.