Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Best Touhou?
This poll is closed.
Alice Margatroid 23 15.86%
i'm wrong 61 42.07%
Any/every other Touhou except the one Boom Boom Boom likes 61 42.07%
Total: 145 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
Tarranon
Oct 10, 2007

Diggity Dog
they're all good games but only a few are good enough to actually start to shine at the supreme difficulties, and bayo is one of them

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Namtab
Feb 22, 2010

Does anyone else itt have opinions re:tomoyo's happiness

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Bayo doesn't shine as a game at its highest difficulty because a lot of the enemies are designed around witch time especially in 2 which is why Infinite Climax doesn't remove witch time in that game

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

Namtab posted:

I remember Tsubasa Reservoir Chronicles than I do Cardcaptor Sakura, sorry

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Namtab posted:

Tomoyo was so sweet and always supported sakura even though that meant supporting syouran to fall in love with her

That's the main reason I'm fairly meh on CCS and also creepy teacher student, though I can't remember how much of that was actually a thing.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
I never did read abotu how Tsubasa finished but I really liked it when I was 13

Tarranon
Oct 10, 2007

Diggity Dog
mgr isn't hard at max difficulties because it asks you to master its systems, it's hard because the system isn't rigorous enough to stand up to that much scrutiny and you have to start working against it

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

Tarranon posted:

mgr isn't hard at max difficulties because it asks you to master its systems, it's hard because the system isn't rigorous enough to stand up to that much scrutiny and you have to start working against it

What

Namtab
Feb 22, 2010

Sakurazuka posted:

That's the main reason I'm fairly meh on CCS and also creepy teacher student, though I can't remember how much of that was actually a thing.

Teacher student comes up about three times. It's pretty easy to ignore overall.

Parallax
Jan 14, 2006

Tarranon
Oct 10, 2007

Diggity Dog

Baal posted:

Bayo doesn't shine as a game at its highest difficulty because a lot of the enemies are designed around witch time especially in 2 which is why Infinite Climax doesn't remove witch time in that game

by reintroducing a key focus to the taunt system and actually incorporating all of its ideas in the higher difficulties, bayo 2 is a much more focused, pristine game experience

Namtab
Feb 22, 2010

It's never a major plot point it's just the worst part of the message about love being good.

Davincie
Jul 7, 2008

another series done

http://kissmanga.com/Manga/Angel-Game/Ch-001--This-World?id=208974

:shrug:

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

Tarranon posted:

by reintroducing a key focus to the taunt system and actually incorporating all of its ideas in the higher difficulties, bayo 2 is a much more focused, pristine game experience

Are you pasting these from somewhere

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

Tarranon posted:

I'm a big fan of Bayonetta 2 but it also has some dumb bullshit like the instant kill attacks, way too much blocking by enemies and random combo breakers, and the simplification of the weapons makes them feel kinda samey in addition to being poorly balanced. Also the flying segments suck and the bosses generally aren't as memorable as the first game's.

It looks fantastic though, and short hair Bayo > long hair Bayo. The first chapter is also incredible.

chumbler fucked around with this message at 19:48 on Jan 3, 2016

Everything Burrito
Jun 2, 2011

I Failed At Anime 2022
yay new Youkai Apartment

a kitten
Aug 5, 2006

I liked Bayonetta a lot because even though i am bad at stylish action games like it, i could play and even drastically improve on the middle difficulties.

Unlike say: DMC (only played the first ps2 one. Somehow beat), Ninja Gaiden (i'm hilariously terrible at, never beat), Viewtiful Joe (never beat)

Much like fighting games, i've decided those kind of games are cool as hell, but just not for me and that's ok.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Yeah that's fine

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
I like Bayo 2's weapon selection more than 1, because more of them feel distinct and different compared to Bayo 1's where I would mostly just use the Sword because everything else felt boring or samey until I got the nunchaku after playing the game for a million hours and platinuming it

Tarranon
Oct 10, 2007

Diggity Dog
also the wicked weave auto locks that let you not have to mess with tons of locking on and off mid fight to keep their reach, except when YOU want to, and the attack overrides, and the increased focus on weapon variety

bayo 2 gives you WAY more freaking tools, but asks you to use all of them if you want to platinum the game, but from the very beginning difficulty up it will still be teaching you what you need to know to be good at the game

that simply isn't true for MGR. they may as well be different games between hard and max diff

a kitten
Aug 5, 2006

This seems intriguing, i'm going to read it.

Tarranon
Oct 10, 2007

Diggity Dog

Baal posted:

Are you pasting these from somewhere

yea I'm pasting them from the heart of a TRU platinum gamer

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
That being said Bayo 1 has a better rival than Bayo 2, because Lumen Sage is a stupid boss that becomes very difficult to hit unless you can witch time his stuff which means if you do the multiplayer and pick Rodin then you lose because he can't actually land damage on Lumen Sage

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

Namtab posted:

While it's kinda sad, weren't Tomoyo and Sakura's moms sisters? I know Clamp doesn't give two flying fucks about the norm, but Tomoyo, despite having the most obvious crush on Sakura, always came off as somebody with a good head on her shoulders, cosplaying tendencies aside.

Davincie
Jul 7, 2008

http://imgur.com/a/n9OAJ

congrats to megumi

Davincie
Jul 7, 2008

a kitten posted:

This seems intriguing, i'm going to read it.

it was kinda pointless imo. well ymmv

Tarranon
Oct 10, 2007

Diggity Dog
I will agree Jean is a much better rival than lumen sage

Vergil is still probably the gold standard

Parallax
Jan 14, 2006

so close to being right and yet so far away

Srice
Sep 11, 2011

I haven't played Bayo 2 but I wasn't a fan of the Bayo 1 boss fights compared to the regular monsters

Except for the Jeanne fights.

I really wish I didn't have to replay that missile segment to do the final fight with her

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

Iroha is not #1. THAT LIST IS BULLSHIT. :mad:

Davincie
Jul 7, 2008

every reply in the reddit thread for irl moments that were like an anime is just them being a loser

Davincie
Jul 7, 2008

I SAT BY A WINDOW AND THEN

NOTHING HAPPENED

Namtab
Feb 22, 2010

Wark Say posted:

While it's kinda sad, weren't Tomoyo and Sakura's moms sisters? I know Clamp doesn't give two flying fucks about the norm, but Tomoyo, despite having the most obvious crush on Sakura, always came off as somebody with a good head on her shoulders, cosplaying tendencies aside.

Cousin, not sister. Sakura and tomoyo were second cousins

a kitten
Aug 5, 2006

Davincie posted:

it was kinda pointless imo. well ymmv

I'm halfway through and my interest has nosedived.

Parallax
Jan 14, 2006

Davincie posted:

I SAT BY A WINDOW AND THEN

NOTHING HAPPENED

i never knew my whole life was an anime

everythingWasBees
Jan 9, 2013

my new years party is finally over
a good party

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

Srice posted:

I haven't played Bayo 2 but I wasn't a fan of the Bayo 1 boss fights compared to the regular monsters

Except for the Jeanne fights.

I really wish I didn't have to replay that missile segment to do the final fight with her

Bayo boss fights in general get really boring after you've seen the spectacle the first time and replay the game because they are giant set pieces with flow breaking poo poo not unlike god of war

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Jeanne's fights are better, but there's still some poo poo here and there that gets in the way of those fights just being fights

Lumen Sage's are all really spectacle based and kind of annoying to fight until his last form which is actually a lot of fun

Srice
Sep 11, 2011

Baal posted:

Bayo boss fights in general get really boring after you've seen the spectacle the first time and replay the game because they are giant set pieces with flow breaking poo poo not unlike god of war

Yeah

I've replayed the Jeanne stages a bunch of times but notsomuch with the other bosses for that exact reason

Especially the final boss

I haven't played Bayo 2 yet so I don't know if they improved in that regard

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Namtab
Feb 22, 2010

Tomoyo herself never appears in tsubasa chronicles which is a crime against art imo

• Locked thread