Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Sham bam bamina!
Nov 6, 2012

ƨtupid cat
:golgo:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

"From each according to his ability" said Ares. It sounded like a quotation.
Buglord
what story there is in mgsv is really good metal gear story but it's hamstrung by how much is missing

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8hwLfgz2QsA

RUDE

Pirate Jet
May 2, 2010

ZShakespeare posted:

I'm going with Invisible Inc. because my friend made it.

Tell your friend I said "thank you."

Wrestlepig
Feb 25, 2011

my mum says im cool

Toilet Rascal
Downwell is def an underrated choice for a 2015 cool game, worth checking out for like 2 bucks

Zam Wesell
Mar 22, 2009

[Zam is suddenly shot in the neck by a toxic dart; Anakin and Obi-Wan see a "rocket-man" take off and fly away, and Zam dies]

chaos rhames posted:

Downwell is def an underrated choice for a 2015 cool game, worth checking out for like 2 bucks

one my of my gotys

Eugene V. Dubstep
Oct 4, 2013
Probation
Can't post for 8 years!
Yeah, who needs "art" anyway?

quiggy
Aug 7, 2010

[in Russian] Oof.

ZShakespeare posted:

I'm going with Invisible Inc. because my friend made it.

invisible inc is real good

quiggy
Aug 7, 2010

[in Russian] Oof.

also a friend and i are now halfway through the first season of telltale's game of thrones

it has all the flaws of modern telltale games but it's p fun, also good at making you feel like you're constantly doing the wrong thing

NoneMoreNegative
Jul 20, 2000
GOTH FASCISTIC
PAIN
MASTER

shit wizard dad

lol just lol at buying the FO4 two-shot Fat Man nuke launcher and then modding it to do double MIRV delivery - 12 nukes for the price of one :eek:

Lobbing this at a security bot created quite the fireworks show :cool:

Pwnstar
Dec 9, 2007

Who wants some waffles?

Notorious QIG posted:

also a friend and i are now halfway through the first season of telltale's game of thrones

it has all the flaws of modern telltale games but it's p fun, also good at making you feel like you're constantly doing the wrong thing

I had a lot of fun watching my brother play this while hooting and hollering at every decision.

computer parts
Nov 18, 2010

PLEASE CLAP

Notorious QIG posted:

apparently the game ends on a cliffhanger, but was popular enough for a sequel

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

:coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot:
i figured out how to make a descent-like spaceship so now walking simulators can come in 6dof

Katana Gomai
Jan 14, 2007

"Thus," concluded Miyamoto, "you must give up everything you have to be my disciple."

in case you missed it (like i did), winter agdq started an hour ago

https://gamesdonequick.com/schedule

http://www.twitch.tv/gamesdonequick

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

Katana Gomai posted:

in case you missed it (like i did), winter agdq started an hour ago

https://gamesdonequick.com/schedule

http://www.twitch.tv/gamesdonequick

this is a thing i follow and enjoy immensely but it always comes as a pleasant surprise

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

i'm waiting until 11am tomorrow for first personally interesting run

Katana Gomai
Jan 14, 2007

"Thus," concluded Miyamoto, "you must give up everything you have to be my disciple."

Al! posted:

this is a thing i follow and enjoy immensely but it always comes as a pleasant surprise

yea same

only saw it because splatoon was the 2nd most viewed game on twitch all of a sudden

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

Al! posted:

i figured out how to make a descent-like spaceship so now walking simulators can come in 6dof

flying through a canyon while canyon.mid plays is an easy early contender for goty 16

computer toucher
Jan 8, 2012

cfo4s:

I decided to play the final mission, and took a look at the instructions: "Gain access to the institute".

OK! It looks like it's on my map and I can fast travel so let's go.

So I turn up there and immediately everyone attack me. I shoot them to smithereens with my explosive shotgun and look around. I find the "Institute Advanced" something and go in. There's a chick that talks about giving me the courses chip and I'm like OK and then some other chick attacks me so I waste them all. Oh look, there's a reactor, I wonder what that is. Lemme just activate this targeting relay thing first to get some men of the minute in here with me.

I walk in to the reactor room and a bunch of wanks attack me. I waste them all with little effort and then am a bit lost, what next? Well, turns out I should have gotten a bomb from Preston but Preston's nowhere to be found. Oh well, I guess he's in Sanctuary, I'll go back.

Except that the Institution is in lockdown now and I'm on the wrong side of the door.

I quicksaved a minute ago when looking at the reactor and all my autosaves are after the lockdown.

Basically I'm stuck in the loving reactor / institute advanced studies wankroom with absolutely no way out and my only manual save NOT stuck in that same loving room is from release day after I played for an hour. My char is now level 37.

As my only computer at home is a 13" mbp this is, of course, a PS4 game and for some reason there can't be a menu option to invoke the console in the PS4 version.

fml and totally not goty gently caress you very very much Bethesda your buggy poo poo is garbage.

SmokaDustbowl
Feb 12, 2001

by vyelkin
Fun Shoe
good job playing a bethesda game on a console

also good job for not having multiple saves in a bethesda game

computer toucher
Jan 8, 2012

so eh if you're playing on console manually save every once in a while unless you feel like living dangerously. There's no way to continue the game where I'm at now so it's new game time I guess.

I'm double angry now; firstly I'm angry at a video game and secondly I'm angry at myself for being such a god drat child I'm angry at a video game.

SmokaDustbowl posted:

good job playing a bethesda game on a console

also good job for not having multiple saves in a bethesda game

Yeah should have bought this on my mac and played it crouched over a 13 inch screen with integrated graphics like a loving troll instead of the big screen in the living room.

you're right about the saves though I'm a retard.

Space-Pope
Aug 13, 2003

by zen death robot
why do people keep making the mistake of buying bethesda games

Phone
Jul 30, 2005

親子丼をほしい。

Space-Pope posted:

it's a bug that needs to be patched

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

Phone posted:

it's a bug that needs to be patched

no suicide requests in yospos

computer toucher
Jan 8, 2012

Space-Pope posted:

it's a good game. it's just not very well made.

Panty Saluter
Jan 17, 2004

Making learning fun!

computer toucher posted:

it's a good game. it's just not very well made.

stockholm syndrome.txt

quiggy
Aug 7, 2010

[in Russian] Oof.

Space-Pope posted:

nobody else even comes close to the level of freedom that bethesda gives you. if you want that style game, bethesda is your only choice, warts and all

HAIL eSATA-n
Apr 7, 2007

computer toucher posted:

cfo4s:

I decided to play the final mission, and took a look at the instructions: "Gain access to the institute".

OK! It looks like it's on my map and I can fast travel so let's go.

So I turn up there and immediately everyone attack me. I shoot them to smithereens with my explosive shotgun and look around. I find the "Institute Advanced" something and go in. There's a chick that talks about giving me the courses chip and I'm like OK and then some other chick attacks me so I waste them all. Oh look, there's a reactor, I wonder what that is. Lemme just activate this targeting relay thing first to get some men of the minute in here with me.

I walk in to the reactor room and a bunch of wanks attack me. I waste them all with little effort and then am a bit lost, what next? Well, turns out I should have gotten a bomb from Preston but Preston's nowhere to be found. Oh well, I guess he's in Sanctuary, I'll go back.

Except that the Institution is in lockdown now and I'm on the wrong side of the door.

I quicksaved a minute ago when looking at the reactor and all my autosaves are after the lockdown.

Basically I'm stuck in the loving reactor / institute advanced studies wankroom with absolutely no way out and my only manual save NOT stuck in that same loving room is from release day after I played for an hour. My char is now level 37.

As my only computer at home is a 13" mbp this is, of course, a PS4 game and for some reason there can't be a menu option to invoke the console in the PS4 version.

fml and totally not goty gently caress you very very much Bethesda your buggy poo poo is garbage.

the only good part of fo4 is exploring the wasteland and not doing dumb buggy quests. the entire institute quest line is the laziest no-effort garbage and is definitely not worth doing

HAIL eSATA-n
Apr 7, 2007

just started playing sotfs and it's way easier than vanilla ds2 was, at least an hour in

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

Notorious QIG posted:

nobody else even comes close to the level of freedom that bethesda gives you. if you want that style game, bethesda is your only choice, warts and all

what about two worlds

Katana Gomai
Jan 14, 2007

rank adjustment happened in csgo a while ago, but since you can only downrank on a loss (for some reason), it took a while to hit everyone

i went like 16-2-3 in my last games and dropped 2 ranks (after losses) smdh

Panty Saluter
Jan 17, 2004

Making learning fun!

HAIL eSATA-n posted:

just started playing sotfs and it's way easier than vanilla ds2 was, at least an hour in

ya they give you more items from the jump. new enemy placement keeps it interesting though

also you can summon like crazy

quiggy
Aug 7, 2010

[in Russian] Oof.

Pinterest Mom posted:

what about two worlds

*tries to avoid bugs*

*plays two worlds*

Valeyard
Mar 30, 2012

Grimey Drawer
cool, just realised i could download n+ on my xbone and it still has all my save data from the 360. now it just needs n++

Katana Gomai
Jan 14, 2007

i went to check the bestsellers on the google play store out of curiosity

lol just lol

Katana Gomai
Jan 14, 2007

mobile games are such a joke, the kids who grow up on them now will feel like idiots when they look back on them as adults

just like we do with ps1-era early 3d games

bump_fn
Apr 12, 2004

two of them
qigly thanks for posting about invis inc I'm slowly getting the hang of it and it's p dope. only on my first day 1 tho. is there any persistence between runs

computer toucher
Jan 8, 2012

HAIL eSATA-n posted:

the only good part of fo4 is exploring the wasteland and not doing dumb buggy quests. the entire institute quest line is the laziest no-effort garbage and is definitely not worth doing

yep.

I just wanted it to be over and done with.

well I guess now it is lol.

quiggy
Aug 7, 2010

[in Russian] Oof.

bump_fn posted:

qigly thanks for posting about invis inc I'm slowly getting the hang of it and it's p dope. only on my first day 1 tho. is there any persistence between runs

you can unlock new agents/programs to start the game with, but your agency itself is completely reset each run

so for example by default you only get lockpick 1.0 as your starting ice breaker, but most people prefer the first unlock which is called parasite

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Panty Saluter
Jan 17, 2004

Making learning fun!

Katana Gomai posted:

mobile games are such a joke, the kids who grow up on them now will feel like idiots when they look back on them as adults

just like we do with ps1-era early 3d games

at least early 3d games were actual games and not just "tap here repeatedly"

like warhawk and wipeout are still decent games even if they look like butt now

• Locked thread