Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
CoffeeQaddaffi
Mar 20, 2009
Well, spend a single training droid and get 25 more, silly.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ularg
Mar 2, 2010

Just tell me I'm exotic.

Coffeehitler posted:

Well, spend a single training droid and get 25 more, silly.

This is my problem, I'm too dumb to realize all the things you can do in this game.

CoffeeQaddaffi
Mar 20, 2009
You might need to actually level a dude, but its pretty easy to have worthless characters kept at level 1 so you can fulfill the daily activity requirements of train and fill a gear slot.

Dreylad
Jun 19, 2001

Malgrin posted:

While I'm sure that is the correct thing to do, I'm tempted to get Resistance Pilot to 4* before resuming my Lumi grind. I just unlocked and leveled Sid, and the two of them work really well together. I've got Pilot critting for 1800-2k at 2 stars, level 46, so I can only imagine what his damage will look like at 4*.

Right now for PvP (and GW) I'm generally going 4* Sid, 5* Chewie, 3* JC, 4* Lumi, and 2* Pilot. I can get Pilot to 4* for the same amount as getting Lumi to 5*.

The rest of my team is: 4* Talia, 3* Phasma, 2* Ewok Elder, 2* Resistance Trooper, 1* Genosian, 3* Jawa, 2* Snowrooper, 1* Royal Guard, and some 1-2* level 20-30 dudes.

I fought a Resistance Pilot in arena once. It was terrifying.

Ularg
Mar 2, 2010

Just tell me I'm exotic.

Coffeehitler posted:

You might need to actually level a dude, but its pretty easy to have worthless characters kept at level 1 so you can fulfill the daily activity requirements of train and fill a gear slot.

Are we sure we are talking about the same thing? I already have done all my dailies, and I'm out of SIM Tickets. At least until the next daily reset.

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

Ularg posted:

This is my problem, I'm too dumb to realize all the things you can do in this game.

He's trolling you. You get sim tickets from buying energy refills and various other means that won't give you enough to actually farm.

CoffeeQaddaffi
Mar 20, 2009

Ularg posted:

Are we sure we are talking about the same thing? I already have done all my dailies, and I'm out of SIM Tickets. At least until the next daily reset.

Oh, then you're just left with buying more with crystals like chimp says here:

Chilichimp posted:

He's trolling you. You get sim tickets from buying energy refills and various other means that won't give you enough to actually farm.

Eddain
May 6, 2007
What's a realistic timeframe to actually get a single piece of epic gear? 20 drops to craft just one part is pretty ridiculous.

Jibo
May 22, 2007

Bear Witness
College Slice
Changes that should be made to this game:

1. Stunned characters should not be able to dodge attacks

2. Characters should be able to counter attacks that they dodge/deflect

3. Add more characters

I'm kind of embarrassed to say that I've been playing this for so long without knowing the "right" way. I'm getting my rear end handed to me in arena and struggling to break the top 1000 in my bracket. I finally got Sid, Daka, and Lumi today so hopefully I can start gearing them up and turning that around.

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer
I feel like ya'll need to know this poo poo.

quote:

"What you want to do is start with the highest star training remotes you have and apply all of them minus 1, then the next highest star remote minus one, and so on until you’re using the 1* training remote to cap off the training level. That way you’ll minimize any left over XP and credit loss due to player level or level cap. Do NOT use the Auto “Assign All” feature or you’ll find yourself in a situation where all your lower training remotes are used up and will waste credits and XP."

http://www.swgohcantina.com/training-swgoh-characters-the-right-way/

I'm anxiously awaiting the stroke of midnight... so I can play a loving PHONE GAME!!!!

Eat poo poo, world.

Chilichimp fucked around with this message at 05:01 on Jan 3, 2016

Mezzanine
Aug 23, 2009
These team-building games always make we want to build every team. I have the same problem with Puzzle and Dragons: leveling up fringe characters so that I can theoretically make a team that won't get much use. I think I get the most satisfaction from being able to make the team, not actually using it.

Case in point: My current goals are
1) Another 40 Finn shards, then I can run a Resistance team of Poe, Finn, Resistance Soldier, Resistance Pilot, flex slot (probably Lumi)
2) Endless extra attacks with Phasma, FO Tie Pilot, FO Stormtrooper, FO Officer, flex slot. FO Tie Pilot and FO Stormtrooper are taking forever to star up.
3) Jedi auto-heal team with Lumi, Jedi Consular, Ahsoka, then two more named Jedi that I have yet to pull. Pair up with the Bariss for even more heals! Will probably only be useful in regular mode or Cantina mode.
4) Already have IG-88 Sentinel and Magna-whatever, so get IG-88, HK-47 and Lobot to make the coveted all-droid team! Probably should have Poggle to lead, though.

I'm Rank 700-ish at Level 59, mostly because effort I could have spent on starring up my mains has gone into this kind of stuff. My A-Team is all 4-star, mostly purple.

Mile'ionaha
Nov 2, 2004

Malgrin posted:

While I'm sure that is the correct thing to do, I'm tempted to get Resistance Pilot to 4* before resuming my Lumi grind. I just unlocked and leveled Sid, and the two of them work really well together. I've got Pilot critting for 1800-2k at 2 stars, level 46, so I can only imagine what his damage will look like at 4*.

Yeah, I farm shards in HardMode all I can, especially for Resistance Trooper, Chewie, and Lumi/JC

GW rewards having a broad powerbase, plus it's fun for me. I nearly have Resistance Trooper to 3* from doing his Hardmode shards every day, maybe even get him to 4* eventually.

Who do folks grind up in Cantina? I unlocked Luke, now working on Talia to 5*

Also, anyone consider a mostly-Nightsister group?
Daka, Talia, Asajj, and Ahsoka. With the +20% dodge it'd be really frustrating to fight, I think.

Marin Karin
Jul 29, 2011

What are you, compared to my magnificence?
I'm working on Luke a lot in Cantina. Poe's expose + Luke's special ability can really shred opponents. I almost have Sid, and I'm curious to see how well he and Luke's stun on crit work together.

stopgap1
Jul 27, 2013
I have been playing this game for about a week. I think I'm hooked. I pulled a Phasma with my starting hand and her, Talia, Chewie, resistance fighter and the Jedi Consular make for a MEAN team.

I have been aiming for Sidious and such but any recommendations around other characters? I have been aiming for Daka but haven't been impressed with her thus far when I get her in a team

Oh, and my Ally Code is: 919-771-572 - Level 38 here.

Kegslayer
Jul 23, 2007

stopgap1 posted:

I have been playing this game for about a week. I think I'm hooked. I pulled a Phasma with my starting hand and her, Talia, Chewie, resistance fighter and the Jedi Consular make for a MEAN team.

I have been aiming for Sidious and such but any recommendations around other characters? I have been aiming for Daka but haven't been impressed with her thus far when I get her in a team

Oh, and my Ally Code is: 919-771-572 - Level 38 here.

Daka is the only real Dark side healer so you kind of need her. Luminara is probably the other 'most get' since she does everything well.

Hughlander
May 11, 2005

Mile'ionaha posted:

Chewie 4, JC 6 and now Kylo to 7 (currently 4)

I wasted some on Luke between Chewie and unlocking JC so may go back.

Malgrin
Mar 16, 2010

Mile'ionaha posted:

Yeah, I farm shards in HardMode all I can, especially for Resistance Trooper, Chewie, and Lumi/JC

GW rewards having a broad powerbase, plus it's fun for me. I nearly have Resistance Trooper to 3* from doing his Hardmode shards every day, maybe even get him to 4* eventually.

Also, anyone consider a mostly-Nightsister group?
Daka, Talia, Asajj, and Ahsoka. With the +20% dodge it'd be really frustrating to fight, I think.

There's a whole reddit post about nightsisters, you should check it out.
Cantina I am grinding Chewie. He's super strong, got him to 5. Once I get him to 6 I will probably grind more JC/Talia, or Kylo. I am thinking about a heavy First Order rotation, Phasma as lead, Tie Pilot and Kylo hit for a ton, add in Daka for heals and someone with a taunt
Unfortunately, Resistance Pilot doesn't drop anywhere, can only be bought with GW tokens.

Rubicon
Dec 16, 2005
Al bisogno si conosce l'amico
anyone else think the energy refresh timer is to long?

6 mins for regular energy and 12 minutes for cantina energy. I think it's crazy to go to sleep and not wake up to full energy bars or come home from work and not have full energy bars.

Also, I think the energy costs for everything is a little to high. Feel like the regular battles should be 4-5 and cap at 6. Hard Mode battles should be 8 to 10. Do cantina battles increase? Mine are still 8.

Rubicon fucked around with this message at 06:31 on Jan 3, 2016

Mooktastical
Jan 8, 2008

Marin Karin posted:

I'm working on Luke a lot in Cantina. Poe's expose + Luke's special ability can really shred opponents. I almost have Sid, and I'm curious to see how well he and Luke's stun on crit work together.

Leia would be pretty boss in that combo, too, if you are lucky enough to get her. +25% crit to the whole team for the scant seconds she's alive. Also, Luke/Sid/Jawa/Resistance Trooper/Phasma would be a loving amazing, if squishy, team.

Unrelated, Darth Vader is super underpowered, imo. For a guy you can't get until you've done a fuckton of random poo poo, you'd think he'd smash everything's face.

Mooktastical fucked around with this message at 06:41 on Jan 3, 2016

Munkaboo
Aug 5, 2002

If you know the words, you can join in too
He's bigger! faster! stronger too!
He's the newest member of the Jags O-Line crew!
I need high level buddies to carry me!

371-639-534

Currently running a level 33 Chewie at 1337 Power with an upgraded taunt.

Hughlander
May 11, 2005

Mooktastical posted:

Also, Darth Vader is super underpowered, imo. For a guy you can't get until you've done a fuckton of random poo poo, you'd think he'd smash everything's face.
I think the problem is mor 4* vadar when most of the heavy hitters ar 6 and 7 star. I got destroyed today in arena with a lower ranked debuff team of vadar old Ben etc.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

He's weaker at 4 than many others at 4.

Mooktastical
Jan 8, 2008

Hughlander posted:

I think the problem is mor 4* vadar when most of the heavy hitters ar 6 and 7 star. I got destroyed today in arena with a lower ranked debuff team of vadar old Ben etc.

Yeah, I might just have the wrong archetype picked out in my head for him. His up front damage is super low, but I could see how he'd rampage all over people with enough debuffs flying around to set him up.

Edit: Which one of you fuckers is Salviati in game? I am in love with your Phasma. All these scrubs I friended from arenas are running Lumi or Barriss leads, which is loving stupid for challenges that I'm going roll over anyway.

Mooktastical fucked around with this message at 07:11 on Jan 3, 2016

Eddain
May 6, 2007
There's a high ranked dude in my Arena bracket who runs a 7* Leia as his leader. How much money is that?

Pimpmust
Oct 1, 2008

I think lucky Sid got a secret passive that auto-dodges Luminaras blast attack :argh:

Zotix
Aug 14, 2011

Side dodges Lumis force blast like 90% of the time. I think 7* Leia would be like as low as $1500 if you got lucky. Probably closer to like 3 grand.

Pimpmust
Oct 1, 2008

New interesting AI GW cockblock team: my lvl+4 (54), Phasma, Dooku, Poggle, Jawa and Luminara. All 4 stars except Dooku at 3.
Sent in a sacrifice squad but didn't trigger Phasma AoE slow, Poggle buffs offense up, Phasma can do PEN UP.
Dooku does his poo poo and ability block, Lumy can heal or do massive damage with buffs.
My Asajj buff remover is bugged and dont actually remove those buffs even when she lands it
:negative:

Mezzanine
Aug 23, 2009

Pimpmust posted:

My Asajj buff remover is bugged and dont actually remove those buffs even when she lands it
:negative:
It works. It's considered a proc, so it's Asajj's potency versus each enemy's tenacity, and how many buffs it removes depends on how many skill upgrades Asajj has. I've got her in the high 50's and purple gear, she's a beast:
1) If Lumi doesn't / can't skill lock Chewie to prevent the taunt, wait until right after and Asajj removes it. Also removes stealth if you happen to run into Leia or whatever, and works wonders after Obi-wan dies.
2) Can stun with regular attacks. Pair with a Phasma leader to randomly stun people, or with Dooku so that he can stun the Jedi and Asajj can stun everyone else.
3) Her AOE resets all of her skill countdowns if it kills, so lower a squishy to yellow or red, AOE, repeat as necessary.
4) She gets offense up and advantage every time ANYONE dies, not just an enemy.

Seriously, for mid-level teams she's on par with Sid as far as usefulness. Highly recommended.

Kjermzs
Sep 15, 2007
Wow, I hadn't realized that you can only buy one of the same item at the various currency locations. Know have like 3-4K of each currency. gently caress me.

Pimpmust
Oct 1, 2008

Mezzanine posted:

It works. It's considered a proc, so it's Asajj's potency versus each enemy's tenacity, and how many buffs it removes depends on how many skill upgrades Asajj has. I've got her in the high 50's and purple gear, she's a beast:
1) If Lumi doesn't / can't skill lock Chewie to prevent the taunt, wait until right after and Asajj removes it. Also removes stealth if you happen to run into Leia or whatever, and works wonders after Obi-wan dies.
2) Can stun with regular attacks. Pair with a Phasma leader to randomly stun people, or with Dooku so that he can stun the Jedi and Asajj can stun everyone else.
3) Her AOE resets all of her skill countdowns if it kills, so lower a squishy to yellow or red, AOE, repeat as necessary.
4) She gets offense up and advantage every time ANYONE dies, not just an enemy.

Seriously, for mid-level teams she's on par with Sid as far as usefulness. Highly recommended.

I know how she works, its just that she doesn’t remove certain buffs even when she procs. Otherwise it says that they resisted and her heal doesn’t trigger.

Deep Winter
Mar 26, 2010

Kjermzs posted:

Wow, I hadn't realized that you can only buy one of the same item at the various currency locations. Know have like 3-4K of each currency. gently caress me.

They reset after a few hours.

Hughlander
May 11, 2005

Kjermzs posted:

Per 6 hours. The worse is GW which rewards 1200 on a win but you can burn down the currencies fairly fast even if you just want one thing from each.

Zotix
Aug 14, 2011

I think you can go over 1200 per day. 120p is guaranteed though.

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer
I'm starting to lose ground hard in Arena on account of not having a good enough Lumi/Palp.... which is just going to slow down my palp grind.

4 star Chewie, 3 star Poe, 3 star Jawa, 3 star JC, 3 star Lumi (all 46+)... can't beat anything but other Chewie teams, and even then, it's a toss-up.

Malgrin
Mar 16, 2010

Chilichimp posted:

I'm starting to lose ground hard in Arena on account of not having a good enough Lumi/Palp.... which is just going to slow down my palp grind.

4 star Chewie, 3 star Poe, 3 star Jawa, 3 star JC, 3 star Lumi (all 46+)... can't beat anything but other Chewie teams, and even then, it's a toss-up.

Do you have Resistance Pilot? He's a beast, way more damage than Jawa. No aoe, but I'm around 12k power, and in 95% of arena battles, I snipe one of their dps before a taunt comes in (against others around 12k power).

What are you at for shards with Chewie/JC? If Chewie is close to 5, I'd finish that, but if he isn't, I'd spend a little time getting JC up to 4 first. 4* JC is so much better. You unlock him at Cantina 3-A, and I've noticed a much better ability shard droprate farming him than with Chewie, which is something I need really badly right now. What other good characters do you have?

After leveling up Resistance Pilot's gear a little more (he's one item from level 6), he's definitely a part of my A-team, and I'm getting him to 4* before I do Lumi to 5. He's that good, I promise. Here's my GW A-team right now: Sid (lead) 4*/L6, JC 4*/L6, Lumi 4* L5, Phasma 3* L5, and Res Pilot 2* L5, all level 48. For Arena, I swap out Phasma with 5* Chewie, because Chewie's taunt is so good against players (I mean, when they attack me), but he honestly doesn't make a big difference against AI. I've got some pretty good speed on this team, so I snipe either their best healer, or best DPS before anything else can happen. Then I get a heal debuff on their tank (although it sometimes gets dodged/resisted), so that their team wastes ALL of their heals. Then I clean up dps then healers. Having Sid makes all the difference for Arena/GW, and his synergy with Pilot is absurd. Can't wait until level 50 when I can add another 10% crit damage.

While grinding shards in Hard-mode feels good, the droprate is low enough that I think it's worth getting characters like JC/Talia/Chewie to 4*, before only focusing on gear (to about level 6). Past 4* is going to take forever anyways, while the gear leveling will make a big difference now. I've gotten a huge buff to my power rating by really focusing on the gear level (Ok, Sid made a big difference too).

E: I just hit 50, through some of the dumbest poo poo ever. Ok, part of this is my fault, I forgot that Barriss' health "equalization" isn't technically a heal. I honestly don't think I've faced her since I unlocked Sid (like 2 days ago), so I didn't really think about how she could bring someone back from death with that. Otherwise, I would have just Force Blasted while I bursted a dps. Then, I was so pissed I forgot to Chewie taunt, and lost my Pilot to 2 super crits in a row. Their line-up was Barriss (lead), Ima-Gun Di, Hk-47, Mace Windu, and Sid. HK-47 of course revived (I also didn't know he could do that). Sid evaded every single Jedi attack (from JC and Lumi). Anyways, came down to under a minute (I usually finish with 3-4 to go), and I had 3 standing. I didn't think I was going to win after Pilot went down (like 30 seconds in - I think he got one shot off before the Barriss heal).

Malgrin fucked around with this message at 19:52 on Jan 3, 2016

CoffeeQaddaffi
Mar 20, 2009
Do you something not garbage to replace that Jawa with? Because that seems like your problem unit.

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

I don't have enough characters to have a lot of choices for a team, since I am still grinding out the chosen ones, but I am really liking the synergy between Luke and Poe. Poe is still a bit squishy since he's 3* and I don't have him up to the point where he starts getting a lot of HP gear but in the right fights the dude heals so much off of that 33% tenacity, and Expose is insane.

My Chewie is 4* and I don't see any reasonable way to get Poe to the same but I am not finding much utility in him and really wish I could make the change permanently.

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

Coffeehitler posted:

Do you something not garbage to replace that Jawa with? Because that seems like your problem unit.

I use him for the AoE with Poe's taunt effect.

I've got a 4 star Talia (Who was replaced by Lumi), 2 star (that could go 3-star if I skip a Daka buy) Ahsoka Tano, a 3-star Eeth Koth that I bought before I knew I should have been buying Palp shards... and that's about it. Everything else is 1-star trash. I could start farming shards on this Geonosian Soldier, but I'm going to be farming JC shards for a while.

I just got Luke, who could sub in for the Jawa for sniping power. I need to get levels on him, though.

Chilichimp fucked around with this message at 20:56 on Jan 3, 2016

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

Talia is so unbelievably dumb on defense that I sort of have dropped her from arena entirely.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

rabidsquid posted:

Talia is so unbelievably dumb on defense that I sort of have dropped her from arena entirely.

She's a good B-team healer, I guess.

If I'd started when the game dropped, I'd have a Dooku, Resistance Trooper, and a Phasma... and I'd have been better off.

I'm getting sniped out of 500 today, for sure. loving hell, man.

Chilichimp fucked around with this message at 20:58 on Jan 3, 2016

• Locked thread