Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Lottery of Babylon
Apr 25, 2012

STRAIGHT TROPIN'

The year in review from an angry woman's perspective...

This past year we saw the legalization of gay marriage, a white woman who identifies as black making headlines, Europe's 'refugee' crisis (with the USA not far behind), a man winning woman of the year, a business tycoon leading the GOP race to the white house, Hitlary's newest scandal, the rise of black lives matter (but only if taken by a white), the attempt to erase history because some deranged rear end in a top hat shoots up a church and has a picture of himself with the confederate flag, attacks on police, terrorist attacks both at home and abroad, our very own President dividing our country by race, condemning conservative ideals and those who have them, getting involved in things that don't concern him, vacationing incessantly, taking sides against his own countrymen, signing the Iran nuclear deal, releasing terrorists from GITMO, siding with the cult of death and continually attempting to limit our 2nd amendment rights. And the pandering to every minority group we have. We won't even go down the Pope or pop culture road - they're simply not important enough, considering.

First, the legalization of sexual depravity. Personally, I don't give two shits if you want to shack up with someone of the same sex. Knock yourselves out. But, please, keep it in your own homes. 3.8% of the population 'identify' as gay or trans-whatever, yet, we have a SUPREME COURT RULING on whether they can get married or not. There are TV shows like The Fosters, Modern Family, One Life to Live, American Horror Story, Orange is the New Black, Game of Thrones, etc., etc. with gay characters. They're allowed to parade naked through the streets. It's perfectly acceptable now if everything in our lives is sexualized. They're allowing CHILDREN to determine if they're gay or trans-whatever before they've even hit PUBERTY! Identifying as trans-whatever is a mental illness - it just is. Get them the help they so desperately need rather than celebrating it as normal and screwing up your kid for life. You would get help for someone suffering from schizophrenia, so, why wouldn't you get help for these trans-whatever misguided children?! It's NOT NORMAL. I'm sorry if your feelings are hurt by my saying that, I truly am, that's not my intention. My intention is that you get the help you need. That said, on the flip side - being gay is a choice. You have chosen to give into your sexual desires. You may not be able to help how you feel, but, you can abstain from acting on it. If you can't, fine, keep it behind closed doors where it belongs. Sexual intimacy is just that - INTIMATE. It doesn't need paraded around for everyone to see. Have a little self respect and for the love of PETE - have a little MODESTY and DECENCY. My kids don't need to see your naked hairy rear end sucking on a dildo.

Identifying as another race or gender. I can't even roll my eyes far enough to accurately portray my disdain for THIS phenomenon. You're born as a white woman, you're a white woman. You're not a black woman. If you're born as a man, you're a MAN. NOT a woman. How, in the name of God, can someone, in all seriousness, award the WOMAN of the year award to a man and not face backlash from the feminists? So, we can belittle women to the point that a woman can't even win woman of the year, but, sexualizing women is wrong? O.M.G. In what world is this SANE?! Mental illness is running rampant through the streets dressed up in many different disguises and instead of addressing it, we're blaming other things. Some dipshit goes off the reservation killing a bunch of people and it's not HIS fault, it's a TOOLs fault. We call this other weird poo poo 'gender confusion' but act like it's perfectly normal. We don't even bat an eye when some white person 'identifies' as being black. I know it can't just be me thinking everyone has lost their drat minds? These liberals are so frantic to be open minded, they've completely lost sight of the difference between right and wrong.

The refugee 'crisis'. They say they haven't had this many migrants in Europe since WWII. And that the majority are coming from Syria, Afghanistan and Turkey. Okay, tell me a time when these countries, this entire REGION, has NOT been at war? And all of the sudden everyone is fleeing? Why are the majority fleeing, men? Where are the women and children? And why are the numbers in the millions? We have terrorist attacks both at home and abroad on the rise and nobody thinks to question this? ISIS has said they'll be putting their people in place via the masses of refugees - they actually TOLD YOU THIS - and you're still letting them in?! Okay, Europe is apparently being run by liberals, too. They're so worried about being accepting that they're willing to risk everything so as to escape the dreaded xenophobe or bigot label. Priorities, people. Apparently, it's going to happen here, too, and when ISIS is on our own soil killing more and more Americans, we'll handle it the true liberal way and ban guns. And the caliphate will be in place and bam, we're ruled by an archaic religion. Well, you dipshits will be. I plan to fight to the death before that happens. We need to close our borders to EVERYONE until our vetting process is working correctly. Obviously it failed horribly with the San Bernardino piece of pig poo poo. I'm all for a ban of ALL cult of death members. They can live elsewhere. Their archaic religion has no place in a civilized FREE country. They've proven time and time again that they cannot coexist with anyone. Just take a look at the middle east. It's a disease that needs eradicated from the earth. There will be NO peace until that happens. Everyone else in the world can play nicely together. They're the rotten eggs of humanity.

Next up, we have a cop shoot a criminal in self defense and it gives rise to this black lives matter movement. Where were you all when your own children were being gunned down in the streets by rival gangs? Millions dying from abortion? How about the mass amounts of black folks in prison? Oh, right, that's not their fault. They were targeted because they're black. Doesn't matter that they shot someone in cold blood and there's eye witness testimony, DNA and video evidence. They were framed. @@ Have some loving sense, y'all. Black lives only matter to you now if white people are responsible. Or cops. Get over yourselves and start teaching your kids to be LAW ABIDING, RESPECTFUL, RESPONSIBLE, CONTRIBUTING members of society and none of that happens. Ever. You've created the monsters roaming the streets committing crimes, nobody else. Step up and take care of your own and quit playing the victims. You make your own life, just like everyone else. You have the EXACT SAME opportunities as any white person. This imagined 'white privilege' is just that - imagined. Quit letting the politicians keep you down by telling you that you need to blame everyone. Pick your rear end up, work hard and have the life you deserve. That's the ONLY way you're going to get it.

Donald Trump and Hitlary Clinton. With all of the scandals and lies that fall out of her mouth, I can't believe she's the front runner on the left. Well, I guess I can, in a sense - she's hated by the right. That's enough for the left to elect someone. They don't need to have integrity, experience or be honest - they just need to piss off the right. And while Trump isn't my favorite, he has touched many nerves resonating along the right. If he can actually pull off everything he says he can, I'm with him. But, I have my doubts. He's crass and totally not PC, which is part of his charm in a world of sparing everyones feelings to the point of ridiculousness. I guess we'll see how this year pans out. I do know the right better come together behind ONE candidate or we WILL lose to the left again. That's the only thing going for the left - they rally behind whichever idiot they choose and get them elected. The right needs to do that or we won't have a prayer.

And last, but, certainly not least in this past year of gently caress ups, the POTUS. He actually oversaw the release of KNOWN terrorists from GITMO. Terrorists who have gone back to leading their respective terrorist organizations, some even posting photos of themselves holding severed heads. He's involved himself in the race division, sided with the gay movement and the cult of death, alienated our allies, made us look like fools and imbeciles and hasn't shown strong leadership even once. Every mass shooting tragedy is followed up with a gun control spiel. He thinks our greatest threat is climate change - or weather, as those of us with a brain call it. He wants legalization of millions of illegals and introduction of tens of thousands of refugees, but, our vets are living on the streets without any medical care. He's so worried about our carbon footprints but jet-sets around the world on his incessant vacations. Says that 'we' have ISIS contained just hours before the Paris terrorist attack. He calls patriotic constitutionalists 'domestic terrorists' but has yet to attribute all of these ACTUAL terrorist attacks to the cult of death. I don't think I have ever been so disgusted with a POTUS in my life. And we've had some doozies. And then we have the Iran nuclear deal. We gave them billions in unfrozen assets, loosened trade restrictions and basically gave them a blow job while they stabbed us in the top of the head repeatedly. Already they've been testing rockets capable of carrying a nuclear weapon to Israel and just the other day, had rockets passing within 1500 yards of one of our air craft carriers. The U.N. STRONGLY admonished it. Maybe they should wag their finger in shame, too. Maybe that will do the trick. @@ The President of Iran has said, ON FILM, 'death to the USA!'. But, poo poo, we should trust him, he was probably just kidding, right?! Holy poo poo - we need the liberals out of control before there's a nuclear holocaust. I don't know whether it's stupidity or naïveté or a mix of both with these liberal freaks, but, whatever it is - it's going to get us all killed. That I know for sure.

2016 can't come soon enough. Nor can November. I'm definitely ready for some ACTUAL hope and change - not the hot air we've had for the last 7 years.

Happy 'almost end of 2015', y'all! I sure hope the year was better to you than it was to our country!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

change my name
Aug 27, 2007

Legends die but anime is forever.

RIP The Lost Otakus.

My child was shot dead in the street by an abortion.

ToxicSlurpee
Nov 5, 2003

-=SEND HELP=-

Pillbug

snergle posted:

well caltrans is always hiring for ca so they sort of have socialized jobs for poor "non criminals" but you're basically wanting the job system from house of cards?

We have a poo poo load of unemployed people who would rather like to have jobs. Contrary to the right's belief people generally want to work.

We also have crumbling infrastructure and a lot of things that need fixing.

I don't see why it's unreasonable to say "hey maybe we should hire some people to go build some poo poo."

Obligatory Toast
Mar 19, 2007

What am I reading here??

hyperhazard posted:

Someone made an image in response showing exactly how much hardship they were bearing.

The most important thing to remember about this infographic is that they all make six figures and can go gently caress themselves.

Weatherman
Jul 30, 2003

WARBLEKLONK

Lottery of Babylon posted:

The year in review from an angry woman's perspective...

This past year we saw the legalization of gay marriage, a white woman who identifies as black making headlines, Europe's 'refugee' crisis (with the USA not far behind), a man winning woman of the year, a business tycoon leading the GOP race to the white house, Hitlary's newest scandal, the rise of black lives matter (but only if taken by a white), the attempt to erase history because some deranged rear end in a top hat shoots up a church and has a picture of himself with the confederate flag, attacks on police, terrorist attacks both at home and abroad, our very own President dividing our country by race, condemning conservative ideals and those who have them, getting involved in things that don't concern him, vacationing incessantly, taking sides against his own countrymen, signing the Iran nuclear deal, releasing terrorists from GITMO, siding with the cult of death and continually attempting to limit our 2nd amendment rights. And the pandering to every minority group we have. We won't even go down the Pope or pop culture road - they're simply not important enough, considering.

First, the legalization of sexual depravity. Personally, I don't give two shits if you want to shack up with someone of the same sex. Knock yourselves out. But, please, keep it in your own homes. 3.8% of the population 'identify' as gay or trans-whatever, yet, we have a SUPREME COURT RULING on whether they can get married or not. There are TV shows like The Fosters, Modern Family, One Life to Live, American Horror Story, Orange is the New Black, Game of Thrones, etc., etc. with gay characters. They're allowed to parade naked through the streets. It's perfectly acceptable now if everything in our lives is sexualized. They're allowing CHILDREN to determine if they're gay or trans-whatever before they've even hit PUBERTY! Identifying as trans-whatever is a mental illness - it just is. Get them the help they so desperately need rather than celebrating it as normal and screwing up your kid for life. You would get help for someone suffering from schizophrenia, so, why wouldn't you get help for these trans-whatever misguided children?! It's NOT NORMAL. I'm sorry if your feelings are hurt by my saying that, I truly am, that's not my intention. My intention is that you get the help you need. That said, on the flip side - being gay is a choice. You have chosen to give into your sexual desires. You may not be able to help how you feel, but, you can abstain from acting on it. If you can't, fine, keep it behind closed doors where it belongs. Sexual intimacy is just that - INTIMATE. It doesn't need paraded around for everyone to see. Have a little self respect and for the love of PETE - have a little MODESTY and DECENCY. My kids don't need to see your naked hairy rear end sucking on a dildo.

Identifying as another race or gender. I can't even roll my eyes far enough to accurately portray my disdain for THIS phenomenon. You're born as a white woman, you're a white woman. You're not a black woman. If you're born as a man, you're a MAN. NOT a woman. How, in the name of God, can someone, in all seriousness, award the WOMAN of the year award to a man and not face backlash from the feminists? So, we can belittle women to the point that a woman can't even win woman of the year, but, sexualizing women is wrong? O.M.G. In what world is this SANE?! Mental illness is running rampant through the streets dressed up in many different disguises and instead of addressing it, we're blaming other things. Some dipshit goes off the reservation killing a bunch of people and it's not HIS fault, it's a TOOLs fault. We call this other weird poo poo 'gender confusion' but act like it's perfectly normal. We don't even bat an eye when some white person 'identifies' as being black. I know it can't just be me thinking everyone has lost their drat minds? These liberals are so frantic to be open minded, they've completely lost sight of the difference between right and wrong.

The refugee 'crisis'. They say they haven't had this many migrants in Europe since WWII. And that the majority are coming from Syria, Afghanistan and Turkey. Okay, tell me a time when these countries, this entire REGION, has NOT been at war? And all of the sudden everyone is fleeing? Why are the majority fleeing, men? Where are the women and children? And why are the numbers in the millions? We have terrorist attacks both at home and abroad on the rise and nobody thinks to question this? ISIS has said they'll be putting their people in place via the masses of refugees - they actually TOLD YOU THIS - and you're still letting them in?! Okay, Europe is apparently being run by liberals, too. They're so worried about being accepting that they're willing to risk everything so as to escape the dreaded xenophobe or bigot label. Priorities, people. Apparently, it's going to happen here, too, and when ISIS is on our own soil killing more and more Americans, we'll handle it the true liberal way and ban guns. And the caliphate will be in place and bam, we're ruled by an archaic religion. Well, you dipshits will be. I plan to fight to the death before that happens. We need to close our borders to EVERYONE until our vetting process is working correctly. Obviously it failed horribly with the San Bernardino piece of pig poo poo. I'm all for a ban of ALL cult of death members. They can live elsewhere. Their archaic religion has no place in a civilized FREE country. They've proven time and time again that they cannot coexist with anyone. Just take a look at the middle east. It's a disease that needs eradicated from the earth. There will be NO peace until that happens. Everyone else in the world can play nicely together. They're the rotten eggs of humanity.

Next up, we have a cop shoot a criminal in self defense and it gives rise to this black lives matter movement. Where were you all when your own children were being gunned down in the streets by rival gangs? Millions dying from abortion? How about the mass amounts of black folks in prison? Oh, right, that's not their fault. They were targeted because they're black. Doesn't matter that they shot someone in cold blood and there's eye witness testimony, DNA and video evidence. They were framed. @@ Have some loving sense, y'all. Black lives only matter to you now if white people are responsible. Or cops. Get over yourselves and start teaching your kids to be LAW ABIDING, RESPECTFUL, RESPONSIBLE, CONTRIBUTING members of society and none of that happens. Ever. You've created the monsters roaming the streets committing crimes, nobody else. Step up and take care of your own and quit playing the victims. You make your own life, just like everyone else. You have the EXACT SAME opportunities as any white person. This imagined 'white privilege' is just that - imagined. Quit letting the politicians keep you down by telling you that you need to blame everyone. Pick your rear end up, work hard and have the life you deserve. That's the ONLY way you're going to get it.

Donald Trump and Hitlary Clinton. With all of the scandals and lies that fall out of her mouth, I can't believe she's the front runner on the left. Well, I guess I can, in a sense - she's hated by the right. That's enough for the left to elect someone. They don't need to have integrity, experience or be honest - they just need to piss off the right. And while Trump isn't my favorite, he has touched many nerves resonating along the right. If he can actually pull off everything he says he can, I'm with him. But, I have my doubts. He's crass and totally not PC, which is part of his charm in a world of sparing everyones feelings to the point of ridiculousness. I guess we'll see how this year pans out. I do know the right better come together behind ONE candidate or we WILL lose to the left again. That's the only thing going for the left - they rally behind whichever idiot they choose and get them elected. The right needs to do that or we won't have a prayer.

And last, but, certainly not least in this past year of gently caress ups, the POTUS. He actually oversaw the release of KNOWN terrorists from GITMO. Terrorists who have gone back to leading their respective terrorist organizations, some even posting photos of themselves holding severed heads. He's involved himself in the race division, sided with the gay movement and the cult of death, alienated our allies, made us look like fools and imbeciles and hasn't shown strong leadership even once. Every mass shooting tragedy is followed up with a gun control spiel. He thinks our greatest threat is climate change - or weather, as those of us with a brain call it. He wants legalization of millions of illegals and introduction of tens of thousands of refugees, but, our vets are living on the streets without any medical care. He's so worried about our carbon footprints but jet-sets around the world on his incessant vacations. Says that 'we' have ISIS contained just hours before the Paris terrorist attack. He calls patriotic constitutionalists 'domestic terrorists' but has yet to attribute all of these ACTUAL terrorist attacks to the cult of death. I don't think I have ever been so disgusted with a POTUS in my life. And we've had some doozies. And then we have the Iran nuclear deal. We gave them billions in unfrozen assets, loosened trade restrictions and basically gave them a blow job while they stabbed us in the top of the head repeatedly. Already they've been testing rockets capable of carrying a nuclear weapon to Israel and just the other day, had rockets passing within 1500 yards of one of our air craft carriers. The U.N. STRONGLY admonished it. Maybe they should wag their finger in shame, too. Maybe that will do the trick. @@ The President of Iran has said, ON FILM, 'death to the USA!'. But, poo poo, we should trust him, he was probably just kidding, right?! Holy poo poo - we need the liberals out of control before there's a nuclear holocaust. I don't know whether it's stupidity or naïveté or a mix of both with these liberal freaks, but, whatever it is - it's going to get us all killed. That I know for sure.

2016 can't come soon enough. Nor can November. I'm definitely ready for some ACTUAL hope and change - not the hot air we've had for the last 7 years.

Happy 'almost end of 2015', y'all! I sure hope the year was better to you than it was to our country!

:chanpop:
Someone needs help!

Pastry of the Year
Apr 12, 2013

Lonely Virgil posted:

This person shares a post defending Cosby at least once a day.

'accomblishments'

Rape, raper, rapest

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
http://i.imgur.com/arJ1Ym8.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/Njwn8MQ.jpg

Posted together by the same guy.

MAKE NO BABBYS
Jan 28, 2010

ToxicSlurpee posted:

We have a poo poo load of unemployed people who would rather like to have jobs. Contrary to the right's belief people generally want to work.

We also have crumbling infrastructure and a lot of things that need fixing.

I don't see why it's unreasonable to say "hey maybe we should hire some people to go build some poo poo."

Rarely do we need to go build poo poo, what we need is repair, maintenance and revitalization of our rapidly crumbling and underfunded/overtaxed infrastructure.

SulfurMonoxideCute
Feb 9, 2008

I was under direct orders not to die
🐵❌💀

Two hands, two guns. Take the eight, they're superfluous. Even if you had hands for feet and could operate a gun with your face, that's still only a max of five needed to murder someone with the excuse of self defense.

Hording is actually a mental disorder so that guy should get some help for his illnesses. The other illness being paranoid schizophrenia.p

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth

Picnic Princess posted:

Two hands, two guns. Take the eight, they're superfluous. Even if you had hands for feet and could operate a gun with your face, that's still only a max of five needed to murder someone with the excuse of self defense.

Hording is actually a mental disorder so that guy should get some help for his illnesses. The other illness being paranoid schizophrenia.p

Pfft, look at this guy who doesn't love the second amendment enough. Obviously the other guns are stored in the anus for when the first ones run dry!

Tiggum
Oct 24, 2007

Your life and your quest end here.

MAKE NO BABBYS posted:

Rarely do we need to go build poo poo, what we need is repair, maintenance and revitalization of our rapidly crumbling and underfunded/overtaxed infrastructure.

I'm pretty sure "go build poo poo" was intended as shorthand for repair and maintenance. The point was that if there's a whole lot of work that needs to be done, it's only reasonable to hire people to do it. If there's a lack of people with the right skills then you can include training as part of their employment, because the alternative is the work not getting done.

Islam is the Lite Rock FM
Jul 27, 2007

by exmarx

hyperhazard posted:

Someone made an image in response showing exactly how much hardship they were bearing.

Sentence: Death by Guillotine.

The Saddest Rhino
Apr 29, 2009

Put it all together.
Solve the world.
One conversation at a time.

lol with haha

goose willis
Jun 14, 2015

Get ready for teh wacky laughz0r!
Life is rainbow!!!!!!

mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

Tiggum posted:

I'm pretty sure "go build poo poo" was intended as shorthand for repair and maintenance. The point was that if there's a whole lot of work that needs to be done, it's only reasonable to hire people to do it. If there's a lack of people with the right skills then you can include training as part of their employment, because the alternative is the work not getting done.

I'm p sure a big part of why repair work doesn't get done is that there isn't a lot of immediate profit from it for the people running those departments. They get paid the same either way so why not spend the absolute minimum on maintenance and leave the repairs to the next guy? Maximize revenue and all that.

AlbieQuirky
Oct 9, 2012

Just me and my 🌊dragon🐉 hanging out

mind the walrus posted:

I'm p sure a big part of why repair work doesn't get done is that there isn't a lot of immediate profit from it for the people running those departments. They get paid the same either way so why not spend the absolute minimum on maintenance and leave the repairs to the next guy? Maximize revenue and all that.

This was why the WPA worked so well, because they paid for the supplies and the temporary project workers directly, so the regular park/bridge/whatever maintenance people didn't have to budget anything extra.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
Government jobs aren't real jobs - what the Right Wing believes. Why else would their solutions to economic woes is to put more people out of work?

uranium grass
Jan 15, 2005

Whoops, a manufactured reason to distrust a site that debunks your constant bullshit, how convenient.

Takoluka
Jun 26, 2009

Don't look at me!

On that very site, that article is listed under the category "political satire".

uranium grass
Jan 15, 2005

That might have helped him if he had read the article but reading's never been his strong suit. :banjo:

Depressio111117
Oct 18, 2014

A whole world of imagination beyond the oompah band.

subpar anachronism posted:

That might have helped him if he had read the article but reading's never been his strong suit. :banjo:

Neither is looking at pictures, apparently, unless the Snopes guy has some weird skin disorder on his neck.

Fashionable Jorts
Jan 18, 2010

Maybe if I'm busy it could keep me from you

Picnic Princess posted:

Well you got a gun for the bathroom, one under the pillow, one in each of your cars (two in the minivan), leave one at the office, carry two at all times, one each by the front and rear door of the house, etc. That way you're ready to go should an "urban youth" trouble you.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to

Fashionable Jorts posted:

Well you got a gun for the bathroom, one under the pillow, one in each of your cars (two in the minivan), leave one at the office, carry two at all times, one each by the front and rear door of the house, etc. That way you're ready to go should an "urban youth" trouble you.

Plus, you need to hide ones in every place you've seen in a movie. Up on the china hutch, on a swivel under your desk, taped to the back of doors. Everywhere man. You never know when Obama is gonna come for you guns!

Fathis Munk
Feb 23, 2013

??? ?
He doesn't care if it's satire or not. It validates his opinion so that's all that's needed, why even read the article, he always knew something was fishy with snopes.

Lottery of Babylon posted:

Europe is apparently being run by liberals, too.

Hahaha, I'm pretty sure she'd find that even our conservatives are liberal by her standards. Merkel's CDU/CSU is technically Germany's big conservative party after all.

Krispy Wafer
Jul 26, 2002

I shouted out "Free the exposed 67"
But they stood on my hair and told me I was fat

Grimey Drawer

mind the walrus posted:

A couple of years after that bridge collapsed in Minnesota and we realized how broken our poo poo was, we had a 800 billion dollar stimulus program sold to taxpayers as money for infrastructure and shovel ready projects. We spent about 30 billion on bridges.

It's a priority only until the money is available and then we find better stuff to spend it on.

Maker Of Shoes
Sep 4, 2006

AWWWW YISSSSSSSSSS
DIS IS MAH JAM!!!!!!

:suicide:

Meme Poker Party
Sep 1, 2006

by Azathoth
In 2016 not knowing how to cook is a good thing imo because it probably means you have a job.

FlapYoJacks
Feb 12, 2009

Chomp8645 posted:

In 2016 not knowing how to cook is a good thing imo because it probably means you have a job.

It's a bad thing because it means you are literally too retarded to read and follow basic instructions.

paradoxGentleman
Dec 10, 2013

wheres the jester, I could do with some pointless nonsense right about now

If you try and take my father's famous salsa with minced meat away from me I will cut off your hand and eat that instead

Meme Poker Party
Sep 1, 2006

by Azathoth

ratbert90 posted:

It's a bad thing because it means you are literally too retarded to read and follow basic instructions.

Well I think it really depends on what threshold of skill you "knows how to cook is" to mean.

Yes I agree that everyone should be able to put together a decent sandwich, make breakfast, and do things like boil pasta. You know, the basics. But to some people "know how to cook" is equivalent to "produces four course meals without any premade parts just like mother used to make". Since is just some random image macro on the internet I guess we'll never know.

SpacePig
Apr 4, 2007

Hold that pose.
I've gotta get something.

ratbert90 posted:

Following instructions is for women and gay men. Real men just throw meat in a fire and eat that. Or order takeout.

Meme Poker Party
Sep 1, 2006

by Azathoth

SpacePig posted:

Following instructions is for women and gay men. Real men just throw meat in a fire and eat that. Or order takeout.

For real this describes a roommate I had in college. Dude was a meat head who was constantly at the gym, like to walked around in wife beaters and stuff, always talked about "gains". The only thing I ever saw him cook were steaks he would just throw in a pan and fry in some kind of really strong pepper sauce. He would just eat them straight when they were done cooking with no sides or anything, just a big hunk of meat for a meal. Cool dude, just eccentric.

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth

Chefs are well known for almost never being men.

Baofu
Jun 15, 2007

I used to know someone who honestly thought that and it was because you don't see any women owning any 4 star, Michelin rated restaurants, do you?

Marius Pontmercy
Apr 2, 2007

Liberte
Egalite
Beyonce
If a man is going to cook, he's going to at least get paid for it.

Krispy Wafer
Jul 26, 2002

I shouted out "Free the exposed 67"
But they stood on my hair and told me I was fat

Grimey Drawer

I wonder if this has anything to do with the fact that more ladies graduate college and have jobs now than men.

I mean, it could be a "hurr modern woman suck" or that ladies don't have to cook because they're making more money than their husbands/boyfriends.

Klaus88
Jan 23, 2011

Violence has its own economy, therefore be thoughtful and precise in your investment

Who What Now posted:

Chefs are well known for almost never being men.

Men are chiefs, women cook, its not hard man. :smug:

:thejoke:

MAKE NO BABBYS
Jan 28, 2010

Baofu posted:

I used to know someone who honestly thought that and it was because you don't see any women owning any 4 star, Michelin rated restaurants, do you?

There's no such thing as a four Michelin restaurant, Forbes guide rates on a five star scale, Michelin is a three star scale.

Fathis Munk
Feb 23, 2013

??? ?

Chomp8645 posted:

But to some people "know how to cook" is equivalent to "produces four course meals without any premade parts just like mother used to make".

Uh that's also not really hard to do, the real limiting factor is time. I started cooking things from scratch again (only one course since I have neither spare time nor money) from time to time and as long as you kinda follow the recipe it turns out fine. Sure it's not Michelin primed quality but it's still delicious most of the time.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

EvilGenius
May 2, 2006
Death to the Black Eyed Peas

You mean men made women cook for all those centuries when they knew how all along? rear end holes.