Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Bonzo
Mar 11, 2004

Just like Mama used to make it!

Dr.Caligari posted:

Hog killing incident?? BTLS always seemed like a huge pos to me, even before he got tied in with Howard. I can't imagine a broadcasted animal slaughter, even if following 'approved' procedure would go well with any sane listener.

http://www.sptimes.com/2002/03/01/TampaBay/Cleared_of_cruelty__D.shtml

Basically a hog was humanely slaughtered on the air but someone in the studio starting playing sound effects of a pig squealing and people complained.

I wasn't a fan of Bubba at all when he started. He was on the air for a few months in my hometown in 1993 and was awful. It seems that once he got Mason as a writer things got much, much better.

At the time I had a really lovely QA job and his show was the only thing on so it slowly grew on me.

Bonzo fucked around with this message at 00:20 on Jan 3, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mr Lance Murdock
Feb 29, 2008

Bones heal. Chicks dig scars. And the United States of America has the best doctor-to-daredevil ratio in the world

Bonzo posted:

:NSFW: http://www.liveleak.com/view?i=537_1175870875 :NSFW:

I would LOVE to hear that saga again.

Starting to put this together....just want to throw this gem I have already found out here

6-15-06- Akira masturbates in green room in front of 25 Cent while 25 Cent makes monkey sounds.

I miss that show :(

Sasquatch!
Nov 18, 2000

AxeManiac posted:

Actually I think its already on youtube

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=db784qrE-Uw

Bubba is so dumb, good god. He's not even good at "taking people apart".
Based on that clip, his idea of taking someone down is to just call them "bitch" 500 times. Pathetic.

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

🚣RowboatMan: ❄️Freezing time🕰️ is an old P.I. 🥧trick...

Absolutely nothing that any of you guys are saying is making me give two fucks about BTLS. I know that's not your aim, so that's fine.

The biggest reason I love the Howard Stern show is because once you get to know the different personalities, it's like a family or a group of close friends. I've listened to a bit of O&A, and I don't get any of that. They don't have Ronnie, JD, Gary, Robin, Fred, or any of the wack pack. O&A seems like a job to all of them; being a part of the Howard Stern show seems like a lifestyle.

Ribsauce
Jul 29, 2006

Blacks in the back.
It's really hard to find old Bubba stuff on youtube from when the show was on fire, but this is great.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DvIjNPXvdO0
Howard goofing on Bubba's rap song. I remember this almost killing me when it happened. Go to 5:00 for pure Bubba "Its hosed up on 1 that I told you not to play it, and you were like everything is alright, everything is cool,and you were wrong on that one because it got shoved up my rear end on Howard's show today, and they're sniffing around looking for audio for the reshove

"the reshove" lmao. It is crazy how good that show was for maybe 18 months and then it imploded so badly. It was so good for that window though.

Trash Trick
Apr 17, 2014

Keg posted:

Comedians call radio shows to promote their poo poo and almost universally they all hate it, except for shows like Stern where the hosts can actually play off of what the comic is saying.

There's a funny series of events that happened on the O&A show when Louis CK called into a show in Cleveland and made a joke about Eric Clapton's dead kid.

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=sJGZqHTiUcc

Huh, whoa- I've actually been scouring Youtube for as much Louis CK stuff as I could over literally the last 2-3 days. Thanks for this!

Keg
Sep 22, 2014

a cop posted:

Huh, whoa- I've actually been scouring Youtube for as much Louis CK stuff as I could over literally the last 2-3 days. Thanks for this!

Every single time he sat in on the O&A show is on YouTube. Always very good listening.

Bonzo
Mar 11, 2004

Rupert Buttermilk posted:

Absolutely nothing that any of you guys are saying is making me give two fucks about BTLS. I know that's not your aim, so that's fine.

The biggest reason I love the Howard Stern show is because once you get to know the different personalities, it's like a family or a group of close friends. I've listened to a bit of O&A, and I don't get any of that. They don't have Ronnie, JD, Gary, Robin, Fred, or any of the wack pack. O&A seems like a job to all of them; being a part of the Howard Stern show seems like a lifestyle.

Bubba's show was the same once they calmed down on all the Jack rear end type stunts. For me I liked the fact that Bubba himself was not immune from being the subject of song parodies or being made fun of. I can't say the same for Stern.

moot the hopple
Apr 26, 2008

dyslexic Bowie clone
Can't wait for them to start showing video again this year so we can finally see presumably thin Benjy.

Dr.Caligari
May 5, 2005

"Here's a big, beautiful avatar for someone"

Super Ninja Fish posted:

Gilbert appearances from 1997-2010

http://www.mediafire.com/download/59405crcikgq0e2/Gilbert-1997.zip

1998-1999
http://www.mediafire.com/download/2wu2yyt5pc5rliv/Gilbert-98-99.zip

2000-2001
http://www.mediafire.com/download/gzd5c4r4drosad5/Gilbert-00-01.zip

2002-2005
http://www.mediafire.com/download/n4jeexiiemsns2d/Gilbert-02-05.zip

2006-2010
http://www.mediafire.com/download/dxlkb7edmsik2eq/Gilbert-06-10.zip

If you watch anything, watch the one from Dec 6, 2006. That's the one where it's announced that Gilbert is getting married and he's going to have a baby. That's my favorite.

Here is 87-96. Inconveniently packaged as a 9 part .rar (I didn't do this)

Squashy Nipples
Aug 18, 2007

Yeah, multi-part RARs are so outdated it hurts.

I'm in process of reorganizing and renaming all of my Gilbert collection. Can I UL to Scriptcover once I'm done?

Dr.Caligari
May 5, 2005

That would be great

Dr.Caligari fucked around with this message at 20:07 on Jan 3, 2016

Transmodiar
Jul 9, 2005

You're a terrible person, Mildred.

Squashy Nipples posted:

Yeah, multi-part RARs are so outdated it hurts.

I'm in process of reorganizing and renaming all of my Gilbert collection. Can I UL to Scriptcover once I'm done?

Just put them on a MediaFire account and give me the links - they'll find a home at SC no prob

Caper
Feb 20, 2005

Fallen Rib

But it's definitely felt like a drawn out, let's-just-fulfill-the-contract type gig in these last few months, especially with no one taking Artie's spot. That's why we were all surprised Howard re-signed. I really hope they do something about the energy and variety of the show. It feels like most of the entertaining personalities on the staff or the best guests or members of the Wack Pack have drifted away. Someone find Crazy Alice god drat it.

And I listened to O&A briefly and while I think Jim Norton is hilarious and a lot of the comedians like Esther Ku are great, Opie really does not want to be there and even said so a few weeks ago in an on-air fight with Jim. I need a show where people are there because they want to be there!

JB50
Feb 13, 2008

Caper posted:

But it's definitely felt like a drawn out, let's-just-fulfill-the-contract type gig in these last few months, especially with no one taking Artie's spot. That's why we were all surprised Howard re-signed. I really hope they do something about the energy and variety of the show. It feels like most of the entertaining personalities on the staff or the best guests or members of the Wack Pack have drifted away. Someone find Crazy Alice god drat it.

Listen, it is what it is.

The shows evolved.

Maybe you dont GET the show.

What do you do for a living?

Anyway we need to wrap up this wrap up show, anything you want to say John?

But seriously youre kidding yourself if you think the show is ever getting better. This aint 1999 pal.

Caper
Feb 20, 2005

Fallen Rib
Yeah. Howard really has "lived long enough to become Don Imus"

I mean I do enjoy some of the interviews, but I guess I just listen out of loyalty at this point. I would say I'm hopeful Howard will eventually see he desperately needs someone in that Artie chair but it's been 6 years so it's kind of a lost cause. For the love of god I wish someone would tell him Jim Breuer belongs in that loving chair. As far as I know he's not a drug guy, as some were saying no way he'd have Artie back because no A-lister wants to be interviewed in front of a fat, balding junkie, plus he just seems like a great fit.

haljordan
Oct 22, 2004

the corpse of god is love.

Did he resign for another five years? Wonder if his contract has an out clause if he really wants to bail like two or three years into the deal.

JB50
Feb 13, 2008

haljordan posted:

Did he resign for another five years? Wonder if his contract has an out clause if he really wants to bail like two or three years into the deal.

Hows he gonna pay for Beths closets if he leaves.

Hes got nothing else going on.

Mr Hands Colon
May 7, 2009

requiescant in pace.

Caper posted:

I need a show where people are there because they want to be there!

Listen to The Billy Madison Show in the mornings and Drew Garabo Live in the afternoons.

Mad Doctor Cthulhu
Mar 3, 2008

haljordan posted:

Does Howard even have a TV gig anymore? I get the feeling the real thrust of this new contract was the fallback if the TV thing didn't work out.

Caper
Feb 20, 2005

Fallen Rib

Mad Doctor Cthulhu posted:

Does Howard even have a TV gig anymore? I get the feeling the real thrust of this new contract was the fallback if the TV thing didn't work out.

He has an awesome app! He's already created the prototype. It's really exciting and is something for all the fans to participate in :fh:

Dario the Wop
Oct 11, 2007

Hell-Sent, Heaven-Bent

Caper posted:

I need a show where people are there because they want to be there!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eD4Eu8yLpbA

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

musclecoder posted:

Since clip packs are ok, here's one of just about every ETM appearance (524 separate clips, 2.8GB):

https://s3.amazonaws.com/sternshow-archives/ETM_Archive_2002-09-19_to_2014-09-22.zip

I wish I could credit who made this, but I don't know. Enjoy!

Just downloaded this. Transmodiar (sorry if I misspelled that), I would absolutely love it if all of these made their way on to scriptcover :allears: :toot:

Transmodiar
Jul 9, 2005

You're a terrible person, Mildred.

Just downloaded this. Transmodiar (sorry if I misspelled that), I would absolutely love it if all of these made their way on to scriptcover :allears: :toot:

Isolate the pre-2006 and post 2009 stuff and I'll add ASAP!

Mr Lance Murdock
Feb 29, 2008

Bones heal. Chicks dig scars. And the United States of America has the best doctor-to-daredevil ratio in the world

Bonzo posted:

I should see if could track down all the poo poo between her and SpiceBoy.

So, I have pulled about 30 cuts of the whole deal. Starting with her first appearance in the studio all the way till the end of her run on the show with Spice.

There is no wonder Spice hosed over Bubba later with the Hogan tape. The poo poo Bubba put him through...playing clips of him basically having choke sex with Akira while his girlfriend Melody was in the studio was pretty rough.

I should have all the clips edited and uploaded somewhere in the next day or 2.

Powerpig HELLO!

Bonzo
Mar 11, 2004

Mr Lance Murdock posted:

So, I have pulled about 30 cuts of the whole deal. Starting with her first appearance in the studio all the way till the end of her run on the show with Spice.

There is no wonder Spice hosed over Bubba later with the Hogan tape. The poo poo Bubba put him through...playing clips of him basically having choke sex with Akira while his girlfriend Melody was in the studio was pretty rough.

I should have all the clips edited and uploaded somewhere in the next day or 2.

Powerpig HELLO!

You are the man!

I remembered a show the other day where Bubba found out that Spice climbed into Tarra's window (that's Bubba's sister) to have sex with her. This seemed to be another issue that strained the relationship. That and Spice's constantly reminding Bubba that he's also gently caress Heather (Bubb'a wife) in a heartbeat.

Ribsauce
Jul 29, 2006

Blacks in the back.

Bonzo posted:

For me I liked the fact that Bubba himself was not immune from being the subject of song parodies or being made fun of. I can't say the same for Stern.
Yea the fat man got banged on constantly. Imagine what Howard would do if Gary sent an embarrassing tape of him to another show to play.

Spice banged Bubba's sister? lmao I'm sure he banged Heather also, hell Bubba probably would have let me get it if I knew how to race on a dirt track or put chrome on a microphone.

Dr.Caligari
May 5, 2005

Transmodiar posted:

The blessing is all mine, I assure you!

Everything I've got is here: http://scriptcover.com

when I download etm-sirius-2007.zip and try to open it, it says 'unexpected end of drive' . If I try to extract it from there it says 'archive is corrupted'. Is anyone else having this problem or am I doing something wrong?

Bonzo
Mar 11, 2004

Ribsauce posted:

Yea the fat man got banged on constantly. Imagine what Howard would do if Gary sent an embarrassing tape of him to another show to play.

Spice banged Bubba's sister? lmao I'm sure he banged Heather also, hell Bubba probably would have let me get it if I knew how to race on a dirt track or put chrome on a microphone.

I know they at least had oral sex because Spice or someone nicknamed her technique the "Tarra Twister".

Mariana Horchata
Jun 30, 2008

College Slice

Wicked!

thank you Transmodiar.

Caper
Feb 20, 2005

Fallen Rib
Recapping the people who died in 2015, Robin threw ETM in and was shocked when Baba Booey chimed in and said, "Um, Eric died in 2014." She said she lumped in ETM with Johnny Fratto but I think that was because Johnny passed away right after the 1 year anniversary special of Eric's death. But Robin is really an airhead sometimes

ninjoatse.cx
Apr 9, 2005

Fun Shoe
Why Bubba was great... The parody songs: https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=P5BBLnVh0ys

Mr Lance Murdock
Feb 29, 2008

Bonzo posted:

I know they at least had oral sex because Spice or someone nicknamed her technique the "Tarra Twister".

They hosed a little while actually. It was kept under the radar and no one knew until later when Tara admitted it to Bubba on the air. As the years went on Spice would tell a few stories about them sneaking around.

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

I just got the Sirius app on my phone. It's not great.

What is Howard's live schedule this year? 7am to 10 ish Monday thru Thursday?

Sand Monster
Apr 13, 2008

I think Mon - Wed.

Squashy Nipples
Aug 18, 2007

euphronius posted:

I just got the Sirius app on my phone. It's not great.

But if it's gotten SO much better!

You can download whole shows to listen to as a local file, and you can customize the music stations.
It also crashes a lot less then it used to.

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!
Man I really miss howardstern.com.tv or whatever that site was

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

mcmagic posted:

Man I really miss howardstern.com.tv or whatever that site was

jfsc.tv?

Bonzo
Mar 11, 2004

Have they ever contacted the people who used to be mods there or the people that would co-host Eric's AI show? I gotta know how they got into his inner circle because just saying hello in the chat room would get you banned.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mr Lance Murdock
Feb 29, 2008

And you can tell Johnny Fratto and the rest of the jfsc, YOU'RE OUT! Expelled. Oh and you'll be happy to know I have notified your local draft board that you are all now eligible for military service.