Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Elder Postsman
Aug 30, 2000

i used hot bot to search for "teens"

there's a Philly cheesesteak truck in downtown Minneapolis that is pretty good. pepperjacks it's called. they don't use cheese whiz.

I've never been to Philadelphia for an authentic one tho.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003

no meds = f4
its all about the cheez wiz

Sniep
Mar 28, 2004

All I needed was that fatty blunt...

King of Breakfast
theres a p deece (for colorado) philly cheese steak place here that i go to some times

they use amorosos rolls and i get them with green pepper, onion and whiz

Podima
Nov 4, 2009

by Fluffdaddy
Gruyere

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003

no meds = f4

Incredible fail

Podima
Nov 4, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

Smythe posted:

Incredible fail

Mascarpone?

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003

no meds = f4

Podima posted:

Mascarpone?

:fuckoff:

Podima
Nov 4, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

What about... Sharp Cheddar?

Sniep
Mar 28, 2004

King of Breakfast
*goes to mcdonalds*

"Yes, good day to you as well, I would like one of your specialty McDouble sandwiches, please, and for the cheese I'd like Mascarpone."

*cashiers eyes blink*

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003

no meds = f4

Podima posted:

What about... Sharp Cheddar?

The options are Cheez Wiz. American. Provolone. That's it. Pick one or none at all.

Podima
Nov 4, 2009

by Fluffdaddy
I shall opt for none at all then, as I have never sampled Philly's finest foodstuffs and cannot make an informed decision. My apologies for the confusion.

Sniep
Mar 28, 2004

King of Breakfast

Podima posted:

I shall opt for none at all then, as I have never sampled Philly's finest foodstuffs and cannot make an informed decision. My apologies for the confusion.

i think this is where you are mistaken in thinking this is philly's finest foodstuffs and not the common man's fast food that doesn't need to be elevated because it's gently caress you here's a sandwich dont come back until your hungry again

Necc0
Jun 30, 2005

by exmarx
Broken Cake

Smythe posted:

The options are Cheez Wiz. American. Provolone. That's it. Pick one or none at all.

i've never had a cheez wiz so i vote that

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003

no meds = f4

Podima posted:

you've never had a philly cheesesteak sandwich? how old are you?

Podima
Nov 4, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

Sniep posted:

i think this is where you are mistaken in thinking this is philly's finest foodstuffs and not the common man's fast food that doesn't need to be elevated because it's gently caress you here's a sandwich dont come back until your hungry again

actually im kind of bummed about it - one of my best friends had a bachelor party in philly and we were going to cap it off with drunk cheesesteaks, but he passed the gently caress out before we could get there :(

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

one thing a computer can do that most humans can't is be sealed up in a cardboard box and sit in a warehouse
Slippery Tilde

bump_fn posted:

remember when some goon was translating some japanese game and his thread was the only translation and lowtax trolled non-members by switching the paywall off and on for that subforum

that ruled

dangan ronpaul

Podima
Nov 4, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

Smythe posted:

you've never had a philly cheesesteak sandwich? how old are you?

i dont go to philly much tbh, its a pain to get to

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003

no meds = f4

Necc0 posted:

i've never had a cheez wiz so i vote that

good

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

Smythe posted:

ill vote provolone since cheez wiz sounds like fake chese and american leads me to wisconsin

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003

no meds = f4

Podima posted:

i dont go to philly much tbh, its a pain to get to

you can get them anywhere. are you a "picky eater" or something? do you have an eating disorder?

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

one thing a computer can do that most humans can't is be sealed up in a cardboard box and sit in a warehouse
Slippery Tilde

theflyingexecutive posted:

no Philadelphia restaurant has ever received a Michelin star lmao for fuckin ever

the only two places that michelin rates in the US are nyc and the bay area

hth

Podima
Nov 4, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

Smythe posted:

you can get them anywhere. are you a "picky eater" or something? do you have an eating disorder?

riddle me this: would you eat a philly cheesesteak made in new jersey

Sniep
Mar 28, 2004

King of Breakfast

Podima posted:

i eat ones made in colorado

the funny weed state

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003

no meds = f4

Podima posted:

yes

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003

no meds = f4
its a lowest common denominator greasy hoagy. a lowly hero. a sloppy sub. its meat and fake cheese, grillion onions, on some bread. this isnt high cuisine. there are no artisinal cheesesteaks and if someones selling one theyre tryna rip you off.

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

Slippery Tilde

Podima posted:

lol at going into jersey for any reason

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003

no meds = f4
the jersey shore is epic as hell

triple sulk
Sep 17, 2014

camden is literally the most dangerous city in the us

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003

no meds = f4
my ex is from cherry hill nj

Elder Postsman
Aug 30, 2000

i used hot bot to search for "teens"

Smythe posted:

its a lowest common denominator greasy hoagy. a lowly hero. a sloppy sub. its meat and fake cheese, grillion onions, on some bread. this isnt high cuisine. there are no artisinal cheesesteaks and if someones selling one theyre tryna rip you off.

when I get one from the food truck I get all that (provolone cheese tho) plus mushrooms green peppers and jalapeños. it's v. good imo.

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003

no meds = f4

Elder Postsman posted:

when I get one from the food truck I get all that (provolone cheese tho) plus mushrooms green peppers and jalapeos. it's v. good imo.

drat epic

Necc0
Jun 30, 2005

by exmarx
Broken Cake

Smythe posted:

*hoagie

Sniep
Mar 28, 2004

King of Breakfast
A+ pedant correction out of left field gj

Necc0
Jun 30, 2005

by exmarx
Broken Cake
ty i take my heritage very seriously

computer parts
Nov 18, 2010

PLEASE CLAP
c film s: I watched "Four Falls of Buffalo" on netflix

i could not be a Bills fan

oh no blimp issue
Feb 23, 2011

theflyingexecutive posted:

you can eat at a one star restaurant with drink and tip for two figgies

my parents went to a one star restaurant yesterday and spent £650
they also said it was terrible, lol if you think Michelin stars are a sign of good food in anyway instead of being a masturbatory sign of self importance

oh no blimp issue
Feb 23, 2011

fine dining my arse

triple sulk
Sep 17, 2014

Awia posted:

my parents went to a one star restaurant yesterday and spent £650
they also said it was terrible, lol if you think Michelin stars are a sign of good food in anyway instead of being a masturbatory sign of self importance

triple sulk posted:

do you really think those mean anything at all to anyone except seven figgy fucktards

triple sulk
Sep 17, 2014

im agreeing w/u btw, not pointing a finger

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Base Emitter
Apr 1, 2012

?
michelin stars are useful if you cant tell good food from bad but need to brag about your dinner to your underlings

• Locked thread