Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Best Touhou?
This poll is closed.
Alice Margatroid 23 15.86%
i'm wrong 61 42.07%
Any/every other Touhou except the one Boom Boom Boom likes 61 42.07%
Total: 145 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
Strange Quark
Oct 15, 2012

I Failed At Anime 2022

Davincie posted:

ideon is bad

I can't believe Shirobako lied to me.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Reds
Jun 15, 2015

I sense someone talking about... GUNDAM!

Julias posted:

Um...that's what I said? I like Ages a ton more, too! As a kid, it being a lot more puzzle oriented appealed to me in a way OoT didn't, (and no doubt Seasons wouldn't have been as fun for me, either).

Whoops, I'm bad at reading.

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

Strange Quark posted:

I can't believe Shirobako lied to me.

the ideon movie is supposed to be good though

Droyer
Oct 9, 2012

Davincie posted:

ideon is bad

I'm gonna watch it once the retranslation is done, and form my own opinion

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Done with Yona 117.

Now there really is no manga.

But there is work.

Davincie
Jul 7, 2008

its very much a childrens show with no budget and everything happens 50 times and there's a girl named kitty kitten upon which a major plot thread hinges and thats where i checked out

Davincie
Jul 7, 2008

im repeating myself here, but just watch yamato instead cause its the same thing but with a budget and a cast with more depth than a puddle (but no mechs)

Droyer
Oct 9, 2012

Davincie posted:

its very much a childrens show with no budget and everything happens 50 times and there's a girl named kitty kitten upon which a major plot thread hinges and thats where i checked out

Mia Wasikowska
Oct 7, 2006

Motto posted:

gently caress, now I'm pissed that I live in a world without a Zelda 1 remake in the Oracle games' engine

there's like a snes satellaview remake of loz that may or may not be in the lttp engine, it's pretty neat

Davincie
Jul 7, 2008

thats the movie

Davincie
Jul 7, 2008

that gif is why i gave it a shot

Droyer
Oct 9, 2012

Davincie posted:

im repeating myself here, but just watch yamato instead cause its the same thing but with a budget and a cast with more depth than a puddle (but no mechs)

what if...

both?

Davincie
Jul 7, 2008

i mean, violent poo poo does happen but its about the same level as most kids shows before they got coddled into oblivion

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

Zas posted:

there's like a snes satellaview remake of loz that may or may not be in the lttp engine, it's pretty neat

there's a satellaview version of both Zelda 1 and LTTP, but 1 pretty much plays the same as the NES verison. I'm thinking of a Z1 remake that would have 8-way movement and slashing instead of stabbing, which are the only issues I have with the game as-is.

Davincie
Jul 7, 2008

haha im looking at gifs here and now im noticing it shares a fair amount of character designs with yamato. also like 90% of the gifs are of the movie but they have none of the well animated planetary bombardment scenes from the show? weird stuff

Davincie
Jul 7, 2008

hadn't noticed this space dandy ref

Davincie
Jul 7, 2008

this is like the first or second episode. made me laugh

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

Davincie posted:

they made a tesagure live action sequel and there are no downloads of it on the internet

i don't think it's out until February, unless you mean something other than Tesagure Tabimono

Davincie
Jul 7, 2008

ah here we go, this is one of them

Davincie
Jul 7, 2008

dogsicle posted:

i don't think it's out until February, unless you mean something other than Tesagure Tabimono

ah i missed that part

i watched a preview of it and using my tesagure knowledge i realized it was just the theme park episodes, but not animated. or at least, the preview was

Droyer
Oct 9, 2012

Davincie posted:

this is like the first or second episode. made me laugh

You sure this wasn't the translator loving up?

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

Davincie posted:

ah i missed that part

i watched a preview of it and using my tesagure knowledge i realized it was just the theme park episodes, but not animated. or at least, the preview was

that would be kind of a bummer, i hope there's some new stuff

Davincie
Jul 7, 2008

Droyer posted:

You sure this wasn't the translator loving up?

i don't know. guess you'll see in that retranslation

Sephiroth_IRA
Mar 31, 2010

Julias posted:

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!

lmao

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

I've had four hours sleep, I'm hungover and apparently I'm the only person in my department at work today lol

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

Sakurazuka posted:

I've had four hours sleep, I'm hungover and apparently I'm the only person in my department at work today lol

So there's no one to keep an eye on you, you say?????

Futaba Anzu
May 6, 2011

GROSS BOY

ZepiaEltnamOberon posted:

Oh, sorry, I'm Korean, and I'm not fully proficient in English so the intricacies of the language sometimes fly above my head.

lol

Sylphid
Aug 3, 2012
Seasons had the better characters, but Ages had the better overworld / plot.

The link system blew my mind when I was young and playing those games. Oh, and the Goron dancing mini-game can burn in Hell. I kinda liked Moosh as an animal partner, at least he was more useful than Dmitri.

Reds
Jun 15, 2015

I sense someone talking about... GUNDAM!
Dmitri is too situational, Moosh is theoretically the most useful thanks to flight, but Ricky was the most fun to play as.

Dangerous Person
Apr 4, 2011

Not dead yet
I liked Ricky because I liked the part of the game where you have to box that guy to get his gloves back for him

littleorv
Jan 29, 2011

I updated my drivers and Just Cause 3 doesn't run like rear end anymore.

Sylphid
Aug 3, 2012
My favorite part of Seasons was having to use the Roc's Cape and Pegasus Seeds in the Temple Remains to jump that huge gap. Or, you could just change the season to Autumn if you really couldn't get it.

Favorite part of Ages would have to be trying to find a way to move across the seas and get into Jabu-Jabu's Belly. You had to go back and forth in time to complete that little sidequest. Jabu-Jabu was a pretty typical Zelda water dungeon, but the plotline leading up to the dungeon was great.

littleorv
Jan 29, 2011

I'm going to watch Patlabor tomorrow

maybe

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Playing Millennium Duels for the PS3 was pretty fun, though the banlist is loving stupid. Like, why is there even a banlist for single player mode?

Gonna buy a PS4 and play Legacy of the Duelist so I can have even more cards to play with.

Too bad the save file trickery doesn't work. Then again, I only need the Monarchs DLC.

I miss having handheld YGO games. I really liked Tag Force, even if it didn't really have a story mode.

Trihugger
Jun 28, 2008

hello
Hey, I just found my old Game Boy Advanced with my copy of Riviera The Promised Land. I only beat it once going for the scythe girl, so maybe I'll go through it tomorrow going for the red headed witch. The other 2 girls are garbage tier. Also throwing out some old gaming magazines and found this article.

Animeigo still exists apparently. So does the website for the Harvard Anime Society. Didn't have any luck with the other websites and from what I could make out of the URL for the Gallery of Cute Anime Characters, it was hosted on a Georgia Tech server so I doubt that exists anymore either.

Also found a magazine with terrible 90's CGI Lara Croft with messy bed head naked under some sheets next to an ad for a Mickey Mouse game.

Mia Wasikowska
Oct 7, 2006

Motto posted:

there's a satellaview version of both Zelda 1 and LTTP, but 1 pretty much plays the same as the NES verison. I'm thinking of a Z1 remake that would have 8-way movement and slashing instead of stabbing, which are the only issues I have with the game as-is.

oh it doesn't have 8 way movement? laame

Parallax
Jan 14, 2006

ahh shoot I think I'm gonna stay up late and finish Hitagi End

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012
Ranma: a little girl in a tiger suit

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

Zas posted:

oh it doesn't have 8 way movement? laame

tbf you'd have to redesign the game a bit to accommodate for that, and the satellview games don't seem to have had that kind of scope; they were just special versions of the games with a timed broadcast gimmick.

• Locked thread