Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

huskarl_marx
Oct 13, 2013

by zen death robot

WanderingMinstrel I posted:

I'm in the same boat. Look on the bright side, at least you don't have to share your 'dines. Dumbest thing I ever did was teach the bf to like oysters, now I have to share them. Not making that mistake again.

its different for dads. you can at least tell that motherfucker to buy some oysters to share with you once in a while

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Unctuous Cretin
Jun 20, 2007
LUrker
Completely ignorant of this thread's existence, I was considering sardines with marmite on toast. Truly a sign from the sea gods that I must attain the ultimate savory.

Thump!
Nov 25, 2007

Look, fat, here's the fact, Kulak!

So where's the best value for KO dines on the internet to be found? I wanna order some in semi-bulk so I don't have to set foot in Walmart or drive the hour out to Trader Joes.

AEMINAL
May 22, 2015

barf barf i am a dog, barf on your carpet, barf
Just finished a tin of some portuguese dines with dijon spread on crackers and a smile has taken hold on my face

not other food makes me as happy :)

ziasquinn
Jan 1, 2006

Fallen Rib
Ate a can of KO olive oil sardines with triscuits this morning. A mighty breakfast.

NmareBfly
Jul 16, 2004

I posted my food for USPOL Thanksgiving!

I always call it a tin because saying I ate a can of something makes me feel low-rent. Sardines have more dignity than that.

AEMINAL
May 22, 2015

NmareBfly posted:

I always call it a tin because saying I ate a can of something makes me feel low-rent. Sardines have more dignity than that.

Truly

Also: I am making a pizza and I haven't put it in the oven yet, should I mash a tin of dines up and spread them over my pizza??? ALl I have on it is cheese

doctorfrog
Mar 14, 2007

Great.

czarmonger posted:

I'm about to bake some dines.

As a mustard dad I cannot approve of the mustard dines. They don't taste like dines, just poo poo mustard. I'm thinking of making my own mustard dines with more quality mustard.

If by this you mean adding mustard to sardines and sort of mashing it around, I can't be behind you more on the subject. Red wine vinegar, salt, pepper, and the hell with the oven just spread it on some crackers and eat it over the sink already. You ain't got time to wash a dang plate and you can wash your hands right there and get back to watching whatever TV show is hollowing out your brains.

Bobcats
Aug 5, 2004
Oh

The Goatfather posted:

all in all this was an incredibly easy meal with minimal cleanup that filled the place with awesome smells and I'd have been happy to pay good money for it at an upscale brunch. a+ will cook again

This is decent but cooking with canned sardines is very smelly.

King of Bees
Dec 28, 2012
Gravy Boat 2k
Bela dines with Tom sauce.

Hmmm. Dines were ok. I had to deck it out with mustard and hot sauce. Sauce was too sweet. Three dines in the tins. Bigger fan of the KO two rows of little guys.

ShitheadDeluxe
May 14, 2007
I'm thinking about changing it up and just having chips and salsa for my late meal.... just kidding, it'll be 'dines and sharp cheddar on crackers.

DiggityDoink
Dec 9, 2007

King of Bees posted:

Bela dines with Tom sauce.

Hmmm. Dines were ok. I had to deck it out with mustard and hot sauce. Sauce was too sweet. Three dines in the tins. Bigger fan of the KO two rows of little guys.

KO tiny tots seem to be the winner for overall 'dine.

VendaGoat
Nov 1, 2005

DiggityDoink posted:

KO tiny tots seem to be the winner for overall 'dine.

Their anchovies are loving amazing in a salad.

Admiral Bosch
Apr 19, 2007
Who is Admiral Aken Bosch, and what is that old scoundrel up to?
I am disappointed in the taste of wild planet dines. Good size and texture but something seemed off. :/

SymmetryrtemmyS
Jul 13, 2013

I got super tired of seeing your avatar throwing those fuckin' glasses around in the astrology thread so I fixed it to a .jpg
Hmm...

I wonder if a sardine vinaigrette would be good. Sardine oil, sherry vinegar, and some mustard emulsified and served on salad.

raton
Jul 28, 2003

by FactsAreUseless
Is there a gif maker thing where you put in a picture of a silvery sardine and it turns into a rotating kalidescope of dines that are weaving in and out and glowing?

withak
Jan 15, 2003

Fun Shoe
http://sardinegifs.com/

raton
Jul 28, 2003

by FactsAreUseless
I am eating a roasted turkey thigh that I had to go to the poors store for

czarmonger
Aug 16, 2008

ask me about my brothel
My roommate is mad because she left when I was starting to bake muh dines at 10am and the house still smelled like fish when she got back at 6pm.

Based on past experiences, it will probably still smell tomorrow. Is there any way to bake fish without stenching up the house for multiple days?

Sizone
Sep 13, 2007

by LadyAmbien
covering it will help

raton
Jul 28, 2003

by FactsAreUseless
Nothing really stops the fish smell.

Buy a 4 dollar big scented candle from Walmart and burn that thing after deenenenenene

AEMINAL
May 22, 2015

I love the dine smell and gently caress the haters

Obligatory Toast
Mar 19, 2007

What am I reading here??

Admiral Bosch posted:

I am disappointed in the taste of wild planet dines. Good size and texture but something seemed off. :/

Yeah I wasn't won over by these, myself. Still got the ko and harbor ones though

Myron Baloney
Mar 19, 2002

Emitting dimensions are swallowing you

Admiral Bosch posted:

I'll have to try those again soon, I used to really like them maybe something has changed.

Just had KO boneless/skinless "Spanish style" with chiles for breakfast, I didn't see they were boneless when I bought them. Pretty tasty though, 4 big fish, very firm and meaty, just the right amount of chile heat in the olive oil. Mild enough that I could give some to the dogs and not feel bad. I was still hungry but didn't have another can of the same style and switching to Riga sprats didn't sound good.

raton
Jul 28, 2003

by FactsAreUseless

Six egg version, larger dish, same time, kitchen assistant broke the yolks in her three eggs in the back, w/e, other eggs great, Nooner confirmed tardo

Admiral Bosch
Apr 19, 2007

Myron Baloney posted:

I'll have to try those again soon, I used to really like them maybe something has changed.

Just had KO boneless/skinless "Spanish style" with chiles for breakfast, I didn't see they were boneless when I bought them. Pretty tasty though, 4 big fish, very firm and meaty, just the right amount of chile heat in the olive oil. Mild enough that I could give some to the dogs and not feel bad. I was still hungry but didn't have another can of the same style and switching to Riga sprats didn't sound good.

I really liked the spanish style. I hope they come put with a regular non-boneless version.

numberoneposter
Feb 19, 2014

How much do I cum? The answer might surprise you!

czarmonger posted:

My roommate is mad because she left when I was starting to bake muh dines at 10am and the house still smelled like fish when she got back at 6pm.

Based on past experiences, it will probably still smell tomorrow. Is there any way to bake fish without stenching up the house for multiple days?
Cook something with a lot of curry right after. Like a crock pot full of chicken tikka masala. Spicy curry will mask everything.

edit: better yet sardine curry.

numberoneposter fucked around with this message at 21:10 on Jan 4, 2016

pr0k
Jan 16, 2001

"Well if it's gonna be
that kind of party..."

The_Angry_Turtle posted:

'diners, dine-ins, and dads
Next thread title.

pahuyuth posted:

'Dine Dad reporting in:

Eating KO Kipper snacks slathered in freshly prepared Colman's mustard, with plastic fork and paper plate, all the while scratching my back on the corner of the wall while watching The Wire

Am currently pleased

Dadliest post of page 17.

Sheep-Goats posted:

I WILL ALLOW ALL ONION CHAT ITT

ONION RANKING:

RAW
1) red for nonfatty things green for fatty things
2) white
3) shallot
4) yellow
5) sweet
6) leek

SWEATED
1) shallot
2) Cheapest unless you need color

CARAMELIZED
1) sweet
2) yellow

BRAISED (IN SOUPS OR ROASTS)
1) Motherfucking leeks forever
99) yellow
100) green for some Asian poo poo

ROASTED OR GRILLED
1) sweet

That is the wisdom of experience, chilluns. Write it down.

Also grilled green onions are awesome with steak.

Number 1 Sexy Dad posted:

They are gutted. Apparently sometimes you can get one that still has guts and it tastes bitter, according to mouth-full-of-sardines blog guy. I do not know how they gut tiny fish.

You just squeeze 'em and the guts fly out the wazoo.

SymmetryrtemmyS posted:

Hmm...

I wonder if a sardine vinaigrette would be good. Sardine oil, sherry vinegar, and some mustard emulsified and served on salad.

This is exactly how, and I think the only way, my dadly neighbor eats salad. Of course he puts the 'dines on the salad too. He prefers HOT TITUS so his taste is suspect but he's still a 'dine dad.

pr0k fucked around with this message at 21:28 on Jan 4, 2016

Haverchuck
May 6, 2005

the coolest

Sizone posted:

yeah, I've never liked mustard dines. Once in a blue moon I'll dip my oil dines into dijon, but that's pretty rare. bet some chinese hot mustard mixed with shoyu would be a masterful dine dip

get trader joes dijon. its actually from dijon france and its as hot as chinese mustard

czarmonger
Aug 16, 2008

ask me about my brothel

huskarl_marx
Oct 13, 2013

by zen death robot
is there any way to eat smoked oysters that is better than whole from the can? i haven't encountered any

Haverchuck
May 6, 2005

the coolest

huskarl_marx posted:

is there any way to eat smoked oysters that is better than whole from the can? i haven't encountered any

i bet they'd be good in a cobb salad

Admiral Bosch
Apr 19, 2007
Holy gently caress bar harbor is the motherlode

Obligatory Toast
Mar 19, 2007

What am I reading here??

huskarl_marx posted:

is there any way to eat smoked oysters that is better than whole from the can? i haven't encountered anypas

Maybe tossed with warm pasta and olive oil and some roasted garlic?

barnold
Dec 16, 2011

what do u do when yuo're born to play fps? guess there's nothing left to do but play fps. boom headshot
hello 'dine fiends i have been a fellow eater since i was a wee lad having my dad put them on ritz crackers for me

tonight i have purchased some delicious KO's, one in regular old olive oil and one with jalapenos. i am ready to feast

Cat Hassler
Feb 7, 2006

Slippery Tilde
Got three tins of these for a Christmas gift from my buddy who is an actual old man and Dad:

Holy moley these are top tier if you are into skinless/boneless dines.

poverty goat
Feb 15, 2004

Keith Atherton posted:

if you are into skinless/boneless dines.

heh

poverty goat
Feb 15, 2004

Bobcats posted:

This is decent but cooking with canned sardines is very smelly.

the king oscars in olive oil with cracked peppercorns just smelled delicious

VendaGoat
Nov 1, 2005
I am using the anchovy oil as the oil in my balsamic dressing for my salads, with the anchovies.

We use all parts of the buffalo in this house.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

huskarl_marx
Oct 13, 2013

by zen death robot

Obligatory Toast posted:

Maybe tossed with warm pasta and olive oil and some roasted garlic?

i like the way this sounds, throw some herbs in that motherfucker