Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Devorum
Jul 30, 2005

Love Stole the Day posted:

Is anyone interested in showing up for a 12 v 12 goon inhouse event where we all gently caress around and do gimmicky bullshit that would never happen in a pub game?

ideas:
  • 12 v 12 in the basement of HPG Manifold (everyone is an assault 'mech?)
  • LRM boats only (no ECM allowed?)
  • "protect the baby" -- everyone plays Atlas but each team has 1 UrbanMech (your team loses if the Urbie dies)

We could also do a Royal Rumble where lots are drawn and people come into the "ring" in the order that their lots are drawn.

Also, everyone betrays their teammates because Wrestling.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Samuel L. Hacksaw
Mar 26, 2007

Never Stop Posting
Boss battle. One assault per team. The rest are lights with no armor.

Sard
May 11, 2012

Certified Poster of Culture.
Pick a cheap fast mech with lots of ballistic hardpoints. No armor, all machine guns, place your ammo wisely.

Beet Wagon
Oct 19, 2015

Is anyone interested in showing up for a 12 v 12 goon inhouse event where we all gently caress around and do gimmicky bullshit that would never happen in a pub game?

ideas:
  • "protect the baby" -- everyone plays Atlas but each team has 1 UrbanMech (your team loses if the Urbie dies)

For Wobbly Wednesday we sometimes do "John Cena" matches, where a bunch of lights take turns trying to 1v1 an assault or a heavy. It's pretty fun and might be worth adding to your list. I also highly recommend running 12v12s where you have to teamkill first, and the last person left alive from each team then fight.

Bentai
Jul 8, 2004

NERF THIS!

Shooting blues in a slosh op event? Always.

TheParadigm
Dec 10, 2009

[/list]

PPC jousting. No ER's allowed. hence the jousting. You'd probably want to specify armor levels ahead of time to be fair.

Tag-team matches: 2v2 but only one mech from each side can fight at a time.

Beet Wagon
Oct 19, 2015

Flamer locusts only is never not funny, even though it's been done a million times. Either way I'd show up for an event, depending on the day.

Coolwhoami
Sep 13, 2007
I still want to do something where two stormcrows protect their clutch of urbanmech eggs.

Also, goons don't let goons buy a mist lynx. Jesus christ is it awful.

Bubbacub
Apr 17, 2001

I can almost afford a Stormcrow. Which one should I get?

Marijuana Nihilist
Aug 27, 2015

by Smythe

Bubbacub posted:

literally doesn't matter

Washout
Jun 27, 2003

"Your toy soldiers are not pigmented to my scrupulous standards. As a result, you are not worthy of my time. Good day sir"

Marijuana Nihilist posted:

literally doesn't matter

The one with the big arm.

Endbuster
Jan 7, 2013

There ain't no such thing as a free lunch.

Bubbacub posted:

I started with a prime and built a pulse laser boat. Upgraded to SRM boat once I learned to twist and brawl with it. Its flimsy, but very fast and carries a big rear end alpha. Good heat eff. too.

I don't like the one with the big arm (god laser hand) cause too many eggs in a basket and its quirked funny.

Willfrey
Jul 20, 2007

Why don't the poors simply buy more money?
Fun Shoe
the terra therma thunderdome with the 2ppc adders trials was pretty fun

Willfrey
Jul 20, 2007

Why don't the poors simply buy more money?
Fun Shoe

Coolwhoami posted:

I still want to do something where two stormcrows protect their clutch of urbanmech eggs.

Also, goons don't let goons buy a mist lynx. Jesus christ is it awful.

thats the trouble with the buyers guide, you'll get the guy upset you had the nerve to call their yellow snowflake a poo poo waste of time and tonnage

Love Stole the Day
Nov 4, 2012
Please give me free quality professional advice so I can be a baby about it and insult you
Does anyone know how they are able to get and parse these stats on popular 'mech builds on a daily basis? http://mwo.smurfy-net.de/statistics

Is there some kind of match API key that PGI only leases out to certain people or something? Because if I could get in on that, I'd make dotabuff.com except for MWO.

Bait and Swatch
Sep 5, 2012

Join me, Comrades
In the Star Citizen D&D thread

ideas:

Soundboard and I (Acre and Zenobia in game) are completely down for this, as long as we aren't at work when it happens (we are on mountain time).

Coolwhoami
Sep 13, 2007

Does anyone know how they are able to get and parse these stats on popular 'mech builds on a daily basis? http://mwo.smurfy-net.de/statistics

Is there some kind of match API key that PGI only leases out to certain people or something? Because if I could get in on that, I'd make dotabuff.com except for MWO.

http://mwomercs.com/forums/forum/296-api/. An example for CW: https://mrbcleague.com/cw/. However, they are most likely just counting the number of times a particular build is accessed and ranking them, as that makes sense based on what the site can do.

e: in fact, they even say at the top of that link "List of mechs sorted by most accessed on the site". Apparently they also have their own public API.

Coolwhoami fucked around with this message at 05:49 on Jan 4, 2016

sebmojo
Oct 23, 2010

Legit Cyberpunk

Bait and Swatch posted:

Soundboard and I (Acre and Zenobia in game) are completely down for this, as long as we aren't at work when it happens (we are on mountain time).

I'm keen too, though my timezone is p dumb (NZ)

ZenVulgarity
Oct 9, 2012

I made the hat by transforming my zen

I have too many wub mechs

ZenVulgarity
Oct 9, 2012

I made the hat by transforming my zen

Arctic cheetahs are fuckers and I hate them

Bait and Swatch
Sep 5, 2012

Join me, Comrades
In the Star Citizen D&D thread
Tried out a different dire wolf build tonight since I suck at saving space bucks now that I can switch hardpoints. I tried out 6uacs5s, and King Crabs can suck it, this thing is the bee's knees.

E: I wish I could see what happens to pubbies in this game. Was playing with my wife and a friend and ended up winning a 3v5 brawl right at the outset of the match. After we won, we were immediately slaughtered by the rest of the enemy team who had apparently murdered our pubbies despite the numbers difference. I just wonder how they all died so quickly.

Bait and Swatch fucked around with this message at 06:53 on Jan 4, 2016

Anticheese
Feb 13, 2008

$60,000,000 sexbot
:rodimus:

ideas:

Death Race: everyone takes a robot (preferably light 'mechs), strips off the armour, fits flamers and/or machine guns only, and the rest of the tonnage gets taken up with machine gun ammo half-tons.

Those were the good old days, when we'd do this in two twelve mans and try to synchdrop.

sebmojo
Oct 23, 2010

Legit Cyberpunk

ZenVulgarity posted:

Arctic cheetahs are fuckers and I hate them

It's amazing how much everyone hates you when you're cheatin'. They'll chase you for ages. I've painted mine really lurid annoying colours to maximise the loathing.

Blackdog420
Sep 10, 2009

born to roam

ideas:

Yeah. gently caress yeah.

teepo
Oct 14, 2004

yospos
hero mechs only

DancingShade
Jul 26, 2007

by Fluffdaddy
Unarmored lights with only a single AC/2, ammo and jump jets

JacksAngryBiome
Oct 23, 2014

ideas:

Yes to this and all the other ideas.

Fil5000
Jun 23, 2003

HOLD ON GUYS I'M POSTING ABOUT INTERNET ROBOTS

Anticheese posted:

Death Race: everyone takes a robot (preferably light 'mechs), strips off the armour, fits flamers and/or machine guns only, and the rest of the tonnage gets taken up with machine gun ammo half-tons.

Those were the good old days, when we'd do this in two twelve mans and try to synchdrop.

Don't forget Shitfit night, where each player would come up with a terrible build that someone else would have to run. And Operation Dick Kick where everyone ran boomcats and had to shoot the same target.

Yolomon Wayne
Jun 10, 2014

You call it "The Big Bang", but what really happened is
Grimey Drawer

armchairyoda posted:

This. Because:

You have to trust your team enough to know they can hold their own. Even taking a BAP is better, and there are so few times it's optimal soooo...

Ive learned not to trust my team to tie their own shoes, let alone hold their own... Im even considering putting some back armor on my direwolf since the concept of "protect the really slow and really heavy gunships backside from motionless lights shooting him" is alien to most people.

Should i really (i mean, REALLY) strife to get 3 of each clan mech for the Elite skills?
Theyre basically all the same frame with switched parts...

Alchenar
Apr 9, 2008

Yolomon Wayne posted:

Should i really (i mean, REALLY) strife to get 3 of each clan mech for the Elite skills?
Theyre basically all the same frame with switched parts...

The double basic skill power you get from eliting a chassis is amazing. The bones to cool running can easily be the difference between shutting down and getting another salvo in.

And on clan mechs speed tweak is the only way for you to squeeze another few km/h out of your mech, which is often what boots their mobility from good to amazing.

sebmojo
Oct 23, 2010

Legit Cyberpunk

Alchenar posted:

The double basic skill power you get from eliting a chassis is amazing. The bones to cool running can easily be the difference between shutting down and getting another salvo in.

And on clan mechs speed tweak is the only way for you to squeeze another few km/h out of your mech, which is often what boots their mobility from good to amazing.

Double basics has been nerfed quite a bit, though. It's not quite as necessary as it used to be.

In poo poo tier news: splat cat rides again, 6x ASRM4 STD 260 wrecks fools.

e: needs at least 2 jumpjets tho, 1 will leave you just short of the cliff in the Bog, again and again trust me it's embarassing

sebmojo fucked around with this message at 11:48 on Jan 4, 2016

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009

Bubbacub posted:

They're omnipod mechs so the only thing buying one specific variant does is save you from spending money on buying the omnipods you need for optimal fitting. Buy D if you want C-SRM or SRM spam, C if you want 3xLPL sniping. Prime is also good but requires buying a bunch of other omnipods.

I recommend the D, since SRM-6 brawling is fun and good and you want to use all its omnis.

TjyvTompa
Jun 1, 2001

im gay
How do you unlock "Mech Packages" badges? I have mastered the Cataphract and Thunderbolt but haven't received any badges yet. I need them.

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009

TjyvTompa posted:

How do you unlock "Mech Packages" badges? I have mastered the Cataphract and Thunderbolt but haven't received any badges yet. I need them.

I'm pretty sure you can't unlock them, they come with the real-money mech packages.

DancingShade
Jul 26, 2007

by Fluffdaddy

TjyvTompa posted:

You buy a mech package for cash money, such as Resistance 2 or whatever :eng101:

Vorenus
Jul 14, 2013
Hey folks! As some of you may clearly do not know, people usually like to play consecutive group matches fairly quickly with a minimum of interruption. While quick module or other minor tweaks between matches is understandable, please understand that hunting down that module that was JUST ON MY MISERY BUT WHERE DID IT!!! or completely rebuilding your mech for 5 minutes is generally annoying. As many MWO goons have busy schedules (not me), families (still not me), and other considerations (cash mech money), it's polite to at least mention in mumble that you're going to be diving into the abyss of the Mechlab UI so that, if necessary, you can be removed from group, or people at least know what's up and can take a moment to take a break of their own.

If, pray forbid, you find yourself unable to perform these minor courtesies, in order that the group's time and your Mechwizardry may be made most efficient, I will randomly be performing rear CT armor/structure tests on your Mechs. I trust that you will all appreciate this selfless public service, and I will gladly accept donations in the form of ~~~Awesome Champion Mechs~~~ gifted to my account. I also look forward to the next five pages of this thread being taken up by an increasingly personal attack-laden argument over the exact boundaries of Mechlab etiquette.

Also when and why did they nerf speed tweak. Gotta go faster.

ZombyDog
Jul 11, 2001

Ere to fix yer gubbinz
Thanks to my timezone most people are generally winding down and thinking about going to sleep but even then I don't think mech tinkering is as big a deal as you'd make out, and people buying their first "x" chassis and discussing suitable fits is part of the learning ( and perhaps being a better mechwarrior ) experience.

TjyvTompa
Jun 1, 2001

im gay

Lemon Curdistan posted:

I'm pretty sure you can't unlock them, they come with the real-money mech packages.

But I did buy them with money, or rather, I spent money for MC which I then spent on the packages. So they only unlock if you pre-order them using real money or what?

DancingShade
Jul 26, 2007

by Fluffdaddy
I'm totally going to swap out modules and cockpit bling when I change mechs for public group drops (not CW).

I need my squawk dammit.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009

TjyvTompa posted:

But I did buy them with money, or rather, I spent money for MC which I then spent on the packages. So they only unlock if you pre-order them using real money or what?

They only unlock if you buy the $20/40 packs on the website. They're part of those packs.

• Locked thread