Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
CovfefeCatCafe
Apr 11, 2006

A fresh attitude
brewed daily!
Just got my lightning round gift. Will post pictures later. Needless to say, communism has been delivered :china:

Star Realms! And an Imperial Battleship! (I don't have my tome of Imperial ships recognition data slate with me to specifically name what class this is) I'm assuming it's a recast based on what I was told via the Santa-Santee mediator and the fact that my first reaction on picking it up was "gee, this is awfully light for a battleship." I thought shipping may have damaged it as several turrets were missing, but then I found a letter!

I don't know who this Hieronymous S Lammershammer QC, DSO, MM, MC, BAR, Gavestons (pig), person is, but he seems a good sort. Also, totally understand the deal with the turrets, I have a ton of extras back home if I can get my folks to dig out my BFG stuff and send it here.

Thanks a bunch, Loxbourne. Sorry that Customs delayed delivery until after Christmas, but I'll enjoy it the same!

CovfefeCatCafe fucked around with this message at 07:41 on Dec 29, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

El Estrago Bonito
Dec 17, 2010

Scout Finch Bitch
So my Santee hasn't posted in like a week? I'm just going to assume my package made it. There was a lot of Ductape involved.

Helen Highwater
Feb 19, 2014

And furthermore
Grimey Drawer

El Estrago Bonito posted:

So my Santee hasn't posted in like a week? I'm just going to assume my package made it. There was a lot of Ductape involved.

If your Santee is me,then I'm currently several international borders away from the Santa Delivery Coordinates. I'm flying back home on Sunday and will be at Santa Ground Zero on Monday.

DigitalRaven
Oct 9, 2012

Merry Xmas to all goons! I didn't notice my main round santa's gift until DriveThruRPG emailed me yesterday, for I am a bad consumer. Unfortunately I was on the train so I couldn't check until now.

Moo hoo ha ha ha! I like the look of all of these, they're exactly the kind of games I love. I've been meaning to get GSS and Retail Magic for a while, and Splinter looks fantastic. Thank you!

And thanks to Leperflesh for running the TGSS for another year. Looking forward to next year.

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

Helen Highwater posted:

If your Santee is me,then I'm currently several international borders away from the Santa Delivery Coordinates. I'm flying back home on Sunday and will be at Santa Ground Zero on Monday.

It isn't! But the info I have is that your gift(s) shipped just before xmas, due to issues beyond your Santa's control, and so you should get something quite soon if it's not there already.

TGSS STATUS

Helen Highwater should receive gift(s) within the next handful of days.
Gravy Train Robber - was shipped gift(s) on December 17th. Did you get your presents?
Rhjamiz: your santa promised he or she was shipping gift(s) on the weekend of the 18th. Did anything arrive?
Cobbsprite: You should have received a package some time ago from your second main round santa. Did you get a thing?
DeadGame: UPS tracking indicates your gift was left at your front door on December 17th. Did you get it?
Ego Trip: You said you'd be out of town for christmas weekend, so I'm hoping you're back. Your santa has been AWOL for weeks. If you haven't gotten a gift, I have an official Grinch status to bestow upon a Bad Goon.
Spincut: You've been working with your santa, Kai Tave, on a package FedEx allegedly transferred to USPS for some goddamn reason, and then they failed to deliver and also lost track of. Any resolution there yet? If not, I shall summon the Christmas Recovery Crew to make you both Whole.
Kai Tave: I think you have a Round 1 present still in limbo due to your flooded local post office. Have gifts turned up yet?

Anyone else: The above are the only remaining issues I'm tracking. Did I miss anything? Now is the time to speak up!

Rhjamiz
Oct 28, 2007

I haven't seen anything yet, no. Get him to check his tracking if you can and see if it got delayed or ended up at the warehouse?

Ego Trip
Aug 28, 2012

A tenacious little mouse!

I received A Thing! (excuse the potato quality picture, please)

Very comfy socks. I wore them to work today.

Santa wanted me to have a physical thing to unwrap to go with my RPG pdf.

Santa, can you confirm which PDF you got me? I assume it was through Drive Thru because I got an email about them creating a new account for me, despite having an account there for years. Customer service was confused as to what or why. I don't see an email saying something was added and I don't have a list of what I had before.

Kai Tave
Jul 2, 2012
Fallen Rib
My outstanding package may be at the alternate post office, yeah. I'm checking regularly but only a couple times a week since it involves both a drive and a wait in line anywhere from 30 minutes to an hour as they're dealing with two towns' worth of mail in an office designed to handle one. I promise I'll update the thread and my Santa as soon as I have it.

Meanwhile I don't know what the gently caress is up with Spincut's package. FedEx customer service never got back to me at all and that was over a week ago. CSI was prompt and courteous but say it hasn't been returned to them yet. The problem seems to now be in the hands of Spincut's local postal service and I have no idea who to yell at there.

Gravy Train Robber
Sep 15, 2007

by zen death robot
Nothing yet, but I'm on holiday still. I come back on the 4th, but someone from my office should be able to accept it/let me know if it arrives.

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

Rhjamiz posted:

I haven't seen anything yet, no. Get him to check his tracking if you can and see if it got delayed or ended up at the warehouse?

OK, I've sent your santa an email. My best guess is he shipped it later than he should have. There's a chance it never shipped at all, since the last note I have was that he was "going to send it this weekend", back on Dec 18th.

Ego Trip posted:

I received A Thing! (excuse the potato quality picture, please)

Very comfy socks. I wore them to work today.

Santa wanted me to have a physical thing to unwrap to go with my RPG pdf.

Santa, can you confirm which PDF you got me? I assume it was through Drive Thru because I got an email about them creating a new account for me, despite having an account there for years. Customer service was confused as to what or why. I don't see an email saying something was added and I don't have a list of what I had before.

Wheeeeew! That's at least part of a gift from our totally AWOL goon, who hasn't replied, or posted on SA, since early in December. I sent an email to him this morning, so we'll see if he pops by. Socks by themselves are of course totally inadequate, but let's see what else turns up.

Kai Tave posted:

My outstanding package may be at the alternate post office, yeah. I'm checking regularly but only a couple times a week since it involves both a drive and a wait in line anywhere from 30 minutes to an hour as they're dealing with two towns' worth of mail in an office designed to handle one. I promise I'll update the thread and my Santa as soon as I have it.

Meanwhile I don't know what the gently caress is up with Spincut's package. FedEx customer service never got back to me at all and that was over a week ago. CSI was prompt and courteous but say it hasn't been returned to them yet. The problem seems to now be in the hands of Spincut's local postal service and I have no idea who to yell at there.

This is all your fault, for doing four gift exchanges :colbert:
naw, for reals though, I guess we'll give them the week to sort things out? Friday's a holiday, if nothing has turned up by Monday (for either direction) we'll rally the troops.

Gravy Train Robber posted:

Nothing yet, but I'm on holiday still. I come back on the 4th, but someone from my office should be able to accept it/let me know if it arrives.

OK. Odds are it's already there. I'll check back on Monday if I don't hear from you first.

Kai Tave
Jul 2, 2012
Fallen Rib

Leperflesh posted:

This is all your fault, for doing four gift exchanges :colbert:

My excuse is that I bought a new computer for myself.

Otherwise I'd have done eight.

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

i wear this armour to protect myself from the histrionics of hysterical women

bitches

Kai Tave posted:

My excuse is that I bought a new computer for myself.

Otherwise I'd have done eight.

Are... are you santi claus? :ohdearsass:

Kai Tave
Jul 2, 2012
Fallen Rib

NTRabbit posted:

Are... are you santi claus? :ohdearsass:

I just like making more work for Leperflesh.

True story, I came this close to Toxxing myself to participate in every lightning round but decided "nah, I can just take'em one at a time." I think between new computer expenditures and the flood business that it was probably for the best I gave last lightning round a pass, but hey, there's always next year.

Gravy Train Robber
Sep 15, 2007

by zen death robot
Checked with the office today, still no sign. Hopefully it'll come by the time I'm back :)

Ego Trip
Aug 28, 2012

Leperflesh posted:

Wheeeeew! That's at least part of a gift from our totally AWOL goon, who hasn't replied, or posted on SA, since early in December. I sent an email to him this morning, so we'll see if he pops by. Socks by themselves are of course totally inadequate, but let's see what else turns up.

The socks were postmarked the 18th and the email from DriveThru was on the 24th. I don't know which PDF to look for in my collection but I'm willing to assume that it's either there or that DriveThru broke.

Kai Tave
Jul 2, 2012
Fallen Rib
I'm about to head out to work so no time for pictures but my fourth and final Santa's package arrived in the mail! Thank you anonymous goon Santa for the ImpAss expacs, I have heard good things about Rebel Saboteurs. There were some duplicates with this batch and the other batch of ImpAss packs someone got me but since everyone who ordered through Amazon was thoughtful enough to include gift receipts that's totally okay, and I promise that I will put everything I've been given to good use.

And with that, my gift receiving obligations have been fully discharged, all of my Santas have delivered their gifts to me and then some. The only outstanding issue on my end is Spincut's missing package.

Babylon Astronaut
Apr 19, 2012
Praise be to space jeebus. I was getting a little worried.

Rhjamiz
Oct 28, 2007

Checked the front office again today, no dice. Or any other gifts.

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

Rhjamiz posted:

Checked the front office again today, no dice. Or any other gifts.

Your santa contacted me yesterday. I told him he owed you a public apology. Basically, he went out of town without the gifts he'd bought you, and won't be back till Monday to ship them, so your stuff isn't going out till Monday. That makes him a grinch, but if he's gonna mail stuff Monday, we don't need to activate the de-grinching crew.

I was hoping he'd post sooner rather than later, and I don't feel like making more excuses on his behalf for why he hasn't. He had the time to email me, at least.

e. It was EatinCake. EatinCake is your santa. I don't think I need to preserve anonymity here.

Sion
Oct 16, 2004

"I'm the boss of space. That's plenty."

Leperflesh posted:

Your santa contacted me yesterday. I told him he owed you a public apology. Basically, he went out of town without the gifts he'd bought you, and won't be back till Monday to ship them, so your stuff isn't going out till Monday. That makes him a grinch, but if he's gonna mail stuff Monday, we don't need to activate the de-grinching crew.

I was hoping he'd post sooner rather than later, and I don't feel like making more excuses on his behalf for why he hasn't. He had the time to email me, at least.

e. It was EatinCake. EatinCake is your santa. I don't think I need to preserve anonymity here.

Guy's posted once in the Venture Brothers thread.

He is a fan of poo poo that never gets delivered in a timely fashion I guess :v:

Rhjamiz
Oct 28, 2007

Leperflesh posted:

Wow, jeez. What a jerk. We'll see what next week brings.

I'm mostly annoyed my santee never posted pictures. My gift could be considered 'jokey' but it ticked like four out of five criteria he listed so I think it totally counts as good gift. But I guess I'll NEVER KNOW.

El Estrago Bonito
Dec 17, 2010

Scout Finch Bitch
That reminds me, I did not post pics because my camera is broked but my GF apparently took a picture of it so here we goes:

also pictured: my very adult rug for adults

Antivehicular
Dec 30, 2011

I wanna sing one for the cars
That are right now headed silent down the highway
And it's dark and there is nobody driving And something has got to give

Rhjamiz posted:

I'm mostly annoyed my santee never posted pictures. My gift could be considered 'jokey' but it ticked like four out of five criteria he listed so I think it totally counts as good gift. But I guess I'll NEVER KNOW.

As your Santee from last year, I will say you are good at gifts. SO THERE.

That Old Tree
Jun 24, 2012

nah

poo poo I think I didn't post my pictures. Probably because I tried and tried but couldn't get a good cat inspection. So here's my crappy pic:

jivjov
Sep 13, 2007

But how does it taste? Yummy!
Dinosaur Gum

El Estrago Bonito posted:

That reminds me, I did not post pics because my camera is broked but my GF apparently took a picture of it so here we goes:

also pictured: my very adult rug for adults

Awesome rug, awesome game.

Do not attempt to sleeve it all (if you decide to be a Star Wars LCG completionist)

Auralsaurus Flex
Aug 3, 2012
Thanks, guys; you reminded me I never posted pictures of my gifts.

My apologies for the poor quality phone pic.

Copies of Room 25 and Coup! The gift inspector was slightly concerned that both games came in shiny/holographic boxes, but I assured him it was simply coincidence. And a few family members and I almost played Room 25 around Christmas, but we ended up playing something else. I might have an opportunity to play it this Sunday, so I'll report back, likely in the board game thread or somewhere else that's relevant.

Thanks again, Santa Gaghskull!

Gravy Train Robber
Sep 15, 2007

by zen death robot
I have a delivery notice here for a package from my santa, and my wyrd black friday order. So it's a bit like Christmas all over again! They should be coming around a bit later with the boxes, so I'll take a picture then.

Helen Highwater
Feb 19, 2014

And furthermore
Grimey Drawer
I'm back in the office. I have no packages waiting for me and admin have no knowledge of anything arriving while I was gone.

The Supreme Court
Feb 25, 2010

Pirate World: Nearly done!
I got games of both Coup: Reformation (brutal) and Welcome to the Dungeon over the holidays and had an absolute blast with both. WttD in particular ended up being played until 4.30am one night! No time for Netrunner yet, but we've got an evening arranged to play it this week. Thanks galaspar for the great presents :)

Gravy Train Robber
Sep 15, 2007

by zen death robot

Thanks Santa, I got a micro drill bit and some tweezers! It'll come in useful with those tiny Malifaux parts.

Rhjamiz
Oct 28, 2007

Any word from EatinCake, Leperflesh? Just curious what days I should be expecting a knock on my door or to check the front office.

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

Rhjamiz posted:

Any word from EatinCake, Leperflesh? Just curious what days I should be expecting a knock on my door or to check the front office.

What he told me last week was that he would ship your present today, January 4th. I'll request tracking.

Helen Highwater posted:

I'm back in the office. I have no packages waiting for me and admin have no knowledge of anything arriving while I was gone.

I know that your gifts shipped pretty late - juuust before christmas - and you're in the Ukraine. I don't think tracking is available, either. But I am hoping something arrives soon!

Remaining Gifts Update
The USPS and/or FedEx may have Grinched Spincut. We'll be de-grinching him this week.
MySwan sent Ego Trip some socks, and probably something at DriveThru, but Ego Trip can't tell what exactly due to his large collection and some kind of DT mixup. At the moment I'm not considering this a Grinching, but I do want some kind of response or explanation from MySwan, and he's been AWOL for a month.
Rhjamiz got Grinched, but his santa EatinCake is allegedly de-grinching him today.
Gravy Train Robber's gift showed up - tweezers and a drill bit? I'm following up on that one.
Helen Highwater's gifts definitely shipped just before christmas - it was delayed because an online order placed in late November was dicked around for weeks by a retailer we shall name and shame soon. We're hoping it shows up soon.

So, I see anywhere from zero to potentially three or so de-grinchings I'll need.

How to Volunteer for De-Grinching Duties
If you'd like to send a present to someone who, for whatever reason, didn't get one: send an email to tgsecretsanta@gmail.com. I will collect every volunteer's name and randomly choose one for each de-grinching project. That means if you send in your name, you might or might not get picked for de-grinching duties. The above goons reside variously in the US (Spincut, Rhjamiz, and Ego Trip), The Ukraine (Helen Highwater), and Japan (GTR). Please specify if you wouldn't be able to send to one of those destination countries. Again, none of these goons were full-blown Grinched to the extent that their Santas sent nothing whatsoever and have disappeared, so the intent here is just to salve any disappointing outcomes. In some cases, the Santas went to unusual efforts and were simply stymied by forces beyond their control; in others, we may just need to wait a few more days for things to work out in the mail.

De-Grinching volunteers will be pooled and held for a couple of weeks, potentially. I'm asking for them now, because in my past experience, goons start to wander off and leave the thread around this time, and I don't want to wait till almost nobody is left.

All this stuff aside: I'd like to thank the Trad Games subforum denizens for another hugely successful Trad Games Secret Santa season! With over a hundred gifts exchanged, the handful of issues constitutes only around five or six percent. That means something like 95% of the gift exchanges went smoothly, and that's because the vast majority of you were Good Santas! I hope you all participate again next year. If you would like to receive a reminder email next November when I put the next thread up, just send an email to tgsecretsanta@gmail.com and request to be added to the mailing list. I only use the mailing list for that one purpose, and I always BCC everyone so your email address will not be shared with anyone but me.

I'm going to follow up this post with a survey! Please fill out the survey if you have time. Thanks!

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

Please Fill out this survey, if you have time! You can fill it out even if you didn't participate in TGSS this year. Please note that putting your name in is voluntary: you are welcome to leave anonymous feedback, if you prefer. However, please do not fill out multiple forms. Thanks!

Ego Trip
Aug 28, 2012

DriveThru responded to my ticket.

" We recently experienced some server issues that likely were the cause of your problem, three are no issues with your account."

I'm following up to see if there's a "you got a gift" email that should have been sent in its place.

Really wish there was a way to see when something was added to my library.

Namenlos
Oct 20, 2010

Helen Highwater posted:

Hey, I'm your santee. I posted the main gift on December the 14th, with a return address on it (and it has not been returned to me). The other part (which I ordered on November 26th and didn't even get to me until December 21st) was posted on December 23rd. You did say post in your country was unreliable, but I honestly didn't think 10 days was unreasonable. I'm bloody furious nothing has turned up yet. I don't have access to the Proof of Posting receipt as I am working away from home, but I promise, promise, promise I did not grinch you. I'm close to tears here.

Rhjamiz
Oct 28, 2007

Leperflesh posted:

What he told me last week was that he would ship your present today, January 4th. I'll request tracking.

Cool beans. I'm not expecting him to grinch me, but the whole "no-show" bit and no emails to keep you appraised has me hedging my bets, so to speak. If nothing else, demanding tracking will keep us from playing "did he or didn't he?" for the next two weeks.

DigitalRaven
Oct 9, 2012

Ego Trip posted:

DriveThru responded to my ticket.

" We recently experienced some server issues that likely were the cause of your problem, three are no issues with your account."

I'm following up to see if there's a "you got a gift" email that should have been sent in its place.

Really wish there was a way to see when something was added to my library.

If you go to Account -> Show All Orders (under "My Orders"), look for one that has a Delivery Name or Billed To that is not your name. They do send emails, but they're flakey about it.

Kai Tave
Jul 2, 2012
Fallen Rib
As a note to whoever degrinches Spincut (and again, I'm both sorry and annoyed at how this has turned out), the gift I bought him which has since been diverted to the land of wind and ghosts was a copy of the board game Mysterium, if you don't want to take the risk that it might still show up one day.

jassi007
Aug 9, 2006

mmmmm.. burger...

Kai Tave posted:

As a note to whoever degrinches Spincut (and again, I'm both sorry and annoyed at how this has turned out), the gift I bought him which has since been diverted to the land of wind and ghosts was a copy of the board game Mysterium, if you don't want to take the risk that it might still show up one day.

Not that this has anything to do with anything, but the post office rarely outright loses a package. They can get misplaced but they will almost always show up. I ordered some magic cards once, after 3 weeks of nothing got a refund. 3 months after I ordered them, there they were in the mail, post marked from 3 months ago.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

El Estrago Bonito
Dec 17, 2010

Scout Finch Bitch
Did you manage to confirm that my package arrived at my santees?

• Locked thread