Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Danyull
Jan 16, 2011

Rhesus Pieces posted:

D'oh-sh

Here's the script for Trump's first TV ad, per Costa:

Is there a source for this? If it's real then :eyepop:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rhesus Pieces
Jun 27, 2005

Danyull posted:

Is there a source for this? If it's real then :eyepop:

Donald Trump’s provocative first TV ad raises the temperature of GOP race

quote:

NEW YORK — Donald Trump’s ad begins with a shot of President Obama and Hillary Clinton. Then comes a U.S. battleship launching a cruise-missile strike. It moves swiftly through an explosive montage: The suspects in the recent California terrorist attack. Shadowy figures racing across the U.S.-Mexico border. Islamic State militants.

The narrator, a deep-voiced man, speaks ominously: “That’s why he’s calling for a temporary shutdown of Muslims entering the United States, until we can figure out what’s going on. He’ll quickly cut the head off ISIS and take their oil. And he’ll stop illegal immigration by building a wall on our southern border that Mexico will pay for.”

The spot closes with the image of Trump thundering at one of his rallies, “We will make America great again!”

Grouchio
Aug 31, 2014

Holy loving poo poo. I can only get so flustered.

Sydin
Oct 29, 2011

Another spring commute

:allears:

quote:

In an interview Sunday with The Post, Trump said that he has six to eight ads in production and that his was a “major buy and it’s going to go on for months.”

:swoon:

2016 is off to a fantastic start, holy poo poo.

AVeryLargeRadish
Aug 19, 2011

I LITERALLY DON'T KNOW HOW TO NOT BE A WEIRD SEXUAL CREEP ABOUT PREPUBESCENT ANIME GIRLS, READ ALL ABOUT IT HERE!!!
So what I'm getting here is that if a GOP candidate were to win I should hope that the most sane and least potentially destructive candidate should win, that person being...

Donald Trump.

:psyboom:

computer parts
Nov 18, 2010

PLEASE CLAP

AVeryLargeRadish posted:

So what I'm getting here is that if a GOP candidate were to win I should hope that the most sane and least potentially destructive candidate should win, that person being...

Donald Trump.

:psyboom:

No, what you're getting here is that most politicians realize that people don't actually care that much about campaign promises.

Dolash
Oct 23, 2008

aNYWAY,
tHAT'S REALLY ALL THERE IS,
tO REPORT ON THE SUBJECT,
oF ME GETTING HURT,

Donald Trump is the least dangerous Republican to win the Presidency since presumably he'd result in a government so deadlocked and ineffective that we at least wouldn't have to worry about new poo poo coming down the pipe. Hell, I could believe Obama would deliberately sign over powers (probably assisted by Democrats in Congress and those Republicans not swept up in Trumpism) to weaken the office of the Presidency before Trump would take it over. Just about every branch and office of government would simply work to contain him.

The other candidates with a shot have real agendas, rooted in the Conservative movement and with broad support in the Republican party both nationwide and in Congress. Any of them get elected and plenty will get done, but none of it good.

Mickey Mental
May 18, 2008

highme posted:

Yokel Haram too

I just saw Trailer Daesh.

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

I think it'll be a fun afternoon reporting everyone expressing public support for the terrorist uprising in Oregon to the DHS

Maybe if I report them with a Muslim name as an alias they'll be added to all the lists automatically

Grouchio
Aug 31, 2014

Epic High Five posted:

I think it'll be a fun afternoon reporting everyone expressing public support for the terrorist uprising in Oregon to the DHS

Maybe if I report them with a Muslim name as an alias they'll be added to all the lists automatically
Theoretically that would work in an instant.

Yoshifan823
Feb 19, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Fojar38 posted:

So which of the current crop of GOP representatives would be the least apocalyptic of the bunch?

Probably Rand Paul, but he's more of a dystopia guy than an apocalypse guy.

Scrub-Niggurath
Nov 27, 2007

The rest of the GOP nominees vs The Donald is sort of like a Devil you know vs the Devil you don't scenario, except it turns out that the devils you do know are so outrageously and unbelievably vile that the Devil you don't couldn't possibly by any worse

Jonas Albrecht
Jun 7, 2012

Scrub-Niggurath posted:

The rest of the GOP nominees vs The Donald is sort of like a Devil you know vs the Devil you don't scenario, except it turns out that the devils you do know are so outrageously and unbelievably vile that the Devil you don't couldn't possibly by any worse

Yeah, but all the same I'm not to eager to find out just how much of a human facefuck President Cruz could turn out to be.

Grouchio
Aug 31, 2014

Jonas Albrecht posted:

Yeah, but all the same I'm not to eager to find out just how much of a human facefuck President Cruz could turn out to be.
Wasn't Cruz trying to cater to the tea party before Donald stole his audience?

Bastard Tetris
Apr 27, 2005

L-Shaped

Nap Ghost

Jonas Albrecht posted:

For a while I forgot how much the establishment GOP hated Cruz.

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Scrub-Niggurath posted:

Indeed. We know that what all the others will do would be absolutely vile. We don't know for sure what Carson or Trump would do, Carson being completely batshit, and Trump being Trump.

Chances are that Trump would be less terrible just by chance, and he's not a true believer in the way many of them seem to be. Also, every other government official would try to hinder his idiocy, for different reasons.

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

SedanChair posted:

It's straight out of the 1911 Britannica, I think.

I would be pretty surprised if the 1911 Britannica said dildo

AVeryLargeRadish
Aug 19, 2011

I LITERALLY DON'T KNOW HOW TO NOT BE A WEIRD SEXUAL CREEP ABOUT PREPUBESCENT ANIME GIRLS, READ ALL ABOUT IT HERE!!!

Bastard Tetris posted:

For a while I forgot how much the establishment GOP hated Cruz.

A good thing as far as I am concerned, Cruz genuinely scares me, he reminds me of The Smiler from Transmetropolitan or something. :barf:

SnakePlissken
Dec 31, 2009

by zen death robot
It did occur to me (re: Cruz) that as far as the GOPe is concerned it may be OK to have a Republican they dislike in the OO and just give him the same treatment as they've been giving the recent Dems. It may even restore their credibility a little bit.

I mean when you get down to it, the dynamic surrounding the OO and Congress has served them well. So they could say to Cruz, "OK, Cruz old boy, your turn in the barrel," and let the lumpenborgouisie sing "We're not gonna take it" for one more round and even the lefties will join in and it'll be a 60s loveliest. Probably more desirable than a Trump presidency, though something like that would work for anybody at this point.

Kokoro Wish
Jul 23, 2007

Post? What post? Oh wow.
I had nothing to do with THAT.

AVeryLargeRadish posted:

A good thing as far as I am concerned, Cruz genuinely scares me, he reminds me of The Smiler from Transmetropolitan or something. :barf:

Just remember that Cruz was raised by a crazy Dominionist father and was told almost daily that he was chosen by god for greatness.

Homura and Sickle
Apr 21, 2013
https://www.washingtonpost.com/politics/one-year-two-races/2016/01/03/28f65044-b15e-11e5-b820-eea4d64be2a1_story.html?tid=pm_politics_pop_b

Great story from Washington Post summing up the mind gently caress year 2015 was for the GOP based on interviews with many of the candidates

edit:

quote:

Perry judged himself and Bush to be “two of the most successful Republican governors maybe in the history of the country.” Surely, he believed, “the American people would distill down which of these individuals had the best vision for America. . . . It was going to be me and Jeb.”

Homura and Sickle fucked around with this message at 13:27 on Jan 4, 2016

Freakazoid_
Jul 5, 2013

Buglord

Pick posted:

*slaps a baby out of a mother's arms and grabs her tits* honk honk :biotruths:

It's been done. (slightly nws)

Ballz
Dec 16, 2003

it's mario time

SnakePlissken posted:

It did occur to me (re: Cruz) that as far as the GOPe is concerned it may be OK to have a Republican they dislike in the OO and just give him the same treatment as they've been giving the recent Dems. It may even restore their credibility a little bit.

I mean when you get down to it, the dynamic surrounding the OO and Congress has served them well. So they could say to Cruz, "OK, Cruz old boy, your turn in the barrel," and let the lumpenborgouisie sing "We're not gonna take it" for one more round and even the lefties will join in and it'll be a 60s loveliest. Probably more desirable than a Trump presidency, though something like that would work for anybody at this point.

I think it'll be something similar to what happened in Florida, where the establishment GOP was pissed that an outsider like Rick Scott came and knocked out their boy McCollum in the primary but when Scott ultimately won the election, they were able to easily use him to further drive the state into a right-wing hellhole.

I think the establishment GOP shutting down a President Cruz is purely wishful thinking.

Salt Fish
Sep 11, 2003

Cybernetic Crumb
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AEAJrT8PeOo

Well, this is probably the most xenophobic political ad I've ever seen.

Spudd
Nov 27, 2007

Protect children from "Safe Schools" social engineering. Shame!

Man you dudes are so hosed

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

Spudd posted:

Man you dudes are so hosed

Events are proceeding in Trump's favor, and CNN joining forces with Fox, is pretty much a big middle finger to the Dems.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

It's funny to hear a professional political ad voice say crazy Donalt Trump promises. Until we figure out what is going on indeed.

Teriyaki Koinku
Nov 25, 2008

Bread! Bread! Bread!

Bread! BREAD! BREAD!

Salt Fish posted:

Trump's going to drop in the polls any day now...

Any day now...

Any day now...

*rocks back and forth sobbing inconsolably*

Garrand
Dec 28, 2012

Rhino, you did this to me!

Entertainment Gaming News

or (Entertainment News Gaming??)

Donald Trump is apparently central to modern gaming.

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

I'M HAVING A HOOT EATING CORNETTE THE LONG WAY
28 days left until Iowa and he still promises 6 to 8 more. Let alone the other guys. I'm ready.

Teriyaki Koinku
Nov 25, 2008

Bread! Bread! Bread!

Bread! BREAD! BREAD!

zoux posted:

It's funny to hear a professional political ad voice say crazy Donalt Trump promises. Until we figure out what is going on indeed.

So would what Trump finally figures out be considered the First Solution or the Final Solution to the Islamo-Mexican problem?

Zanzibar Ham
Mar 17, 2009

You giving me the cold shoulder? How cruel.

Grimey Drawer
It's weird how that's apparently not satire? If Trump didn't say he approves this message at the start I'd be sure it was a joke.

ne: but really who am I to say anything. My government is banning a book for daring to describe a romantic relationship between a Jewish woman and an Arab man... Among other horrible things

Zanzibar Ham fucked around with this message at 15:28 on Jan 4, 2016

Teriyaki Koinku
Nov 25, 2008

Bread! Bread! Bread!

Bread! BREAD! BREAD!

Garrand posted:

Actually, it's about ethics in political ad buys.

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

Salt Fish posted:

These are /pol/ 's webm's. If you want a taste of the general election, you can read their cesspit and watch his future advertisements.

Salt Fish
Sep 11, 2003

Cybernetic Crumb

Zanzibar Ham posted:

It's weird how that's apparently not satire? If Trump didn't say he approves this message at the start I'd be sure it was a joke.

ne: but really who am I to say anything. My government is banning a book for daring to describe a romantic relationship between a Jewish woman and an Arab man... Among other horrible things

Well, anyone could splice that into a new video. I personally think its strange that its not on Trump's official youtube. Could be a great hoax!

Nonsense posted:

These are /pol/ 's webm's. If you want a taste of the general election, you can read their cesspit and watch his future advertisements.

That being the case is this a real ad?

Taerkar
Dec 7, 2002

kind of into it, really

The "take their oil" sooo makes me want to think it's parody, buuuuuuut....

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Oh it's 100 percent real

Taerkar
Dec 7, 2002

kind of into it, really

I was referring to the Trump campaign.

logikv9
Mar 5, 2009

Ham Wrangler
Trump is riffing off Harley Brown, I am insulted.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zelder
Jan 4, 2012

Garrand posted:

Trump's "Muslim Ban" is really loving up the meta

• Locked thread