Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Terrible Horse
Apr 27, 2004
:I

Sickening posted:

The fact that a website like http://mtgstocks.com/ exists is just embarrassing. I especially like the part where they have a ticker at the top, you know, to give you that stock trader "feel".

Just saw this come along:

Attrition▲$14.86(+200.2%)
Attrition▼$8.99(-18.3%)

First is the Urza's Destiny printing, second is Commander. Is this due to that stupid original art only format?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!
LOL @ 5 dollar Relic of Progenitus.

AlternateNu
May 5, 2005

ドーナツダメ!

Terrible Horse posted:

Just saw this come along:

Attrition▲$14.86(+200.2%)
Attrition▼$8.99(-18.3%)

First is the Urza's Destiny printing, second is Commander. Is this due to that stupid original art only format?

Both versions of Attrition have been jumping between $8 and $15 over the last week. I think it just has to do with lack of supply on TCGplayer. When someone puts up a copy that has a high delta from the mean price, it affects the tracker more than usual.

Which is still dumb because both versions were going for $4-5 the middle of last month.

black potus
Jul 13, 2006
plz post link to PIQ bc i can't find record of it anywhere

black potus
Jul 13, 2006
also i thought i was post properly forever vs mcmagic running Chamale's brew

Irony Be My Shield
Jul 29, 2012

Bread Set Jettison posted:

The first one is a less interesting vile redeemer which I did a double take of because I thought it was the same card.
I guess they wanted to give other colors that effect. Honestly it may be better because you don't have to mess around with C sources.

Bread Set Jettison
Jan 8, 2009

Irony Be My Shield posted:

I guess they wanted to give other colors that effect. Honestly it may be better because you don't have to mess around with C sources.

Yeah definitely, plus its not an "on cast" effect is almost certainly better though I think Vile Redeemer works a bit better with this goofy Rally The Ancestors combo deck I have in my head.

dragon enthusiast
Jan 1, 2010

Rinkles posted:

Did Rosewater or anyone ever explain why prowess was absent from BFZ?

(Hope it's in gatewatch)

Dollars to donuts it's because BFZ started design before ORI, which is when that keyword got evergreened

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

Sickening posted:

The fact that a website like http://mtgstocks.com/ exists is just embarrassing. I especially like the part where they have a ticker at the top, you know, to give you that stock trader "feel".

It actually makes perfect sense though. A lot of these dudes love the idea that they're doing real financial work.

netcat
Apr 29, 2008
It was also probably just a fun project for whoever made it :shrug:

Ramos
Jul 3, 2012

netcat posted:

It was also probably just a fun project for whoever made it :shrug:

Bingo. When I first learned web development and design, I made a few mildly fancy websites for no other reason than because I could.

Elyv
Jun 14, 2013

Bread Set Jettison
Jan 8, 2009

That oath is 1 mana too many I think.

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

Eh if you made it 2 mana it would just be a slightly different raise the alarm, costing it for the goofy PW ability on it makes sense.

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!

Bread Set Jettison posted:

That oath is 1 mana too many I think.

IDK I think it's good. Droping this Turn 3 and then Gideon turn 4 and -4 with Gideon sticking around seems like something I might have interest in doing.

Drider-Man
Jan 30, 2007

Drider-Man, Drider-Man
Does some things that a drider can.
Can he swing from a web?
Ask your DM

mcmagic posted:

IDK I think it's good. Droping this Turn 3 and then Gideon turn 4 and -4 with Gideon sticking around seems like something I might have interest in doing.

If it sees play in any sort of UW deck, the fact that jace can flash back 2 turns in a row after flipping seems like a big deal. 3 mana is probably too big a cost for that effect though.

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

I mean Esper Tokens is already a good deck and it plays 4 planeswalkers...

odiv
Jan 12, 2003

mcmagic posted:

LOL @ 5 dollar Relic of Progenitus.

drat, I think I have a foil around here somewhere. Time to dig through my stuff.

Then again, I can just hold on to everything forever and then sell them for my retirement. Bubbles never burst, right?

All this mtgfinance poo poo is really making me wish I had finished my cube and modern deck a lot sooner.

Entropic
Feb 21, 2007

patriarchy sucks
I think we saw those already, but yeah, most boring possible mana-fixing.

goth smoking cloves
Feb 28, 2011

DarkRider09 posted:

If it sees play in any sort of UW deck, the fact that jace can flash back 2 turns in a row after flipping seems like a big deal. 3 mana is probably too big a cost for that effect though.

E:Whoops I forgot how flip walkers work.

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012

Entropic posted:

It gets the job done, and you have to have them for limited

now if only they had put them at common...

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

These are making the common, gain life lands in FRF seem overpowered lol.

Balon
May 23, 2010

...my greatest work yet.

awesomebrah posted:

E:Whoops I forgot how flip walkers work.

Fortunately all the flip walkers are exiled and enter the battlefield flipped. The oath would work on them.

deftest
May 7, 2011

Entropic posted:

Couldn't they at least have been gates? It's oath of the GATEwatch, isn't it?

All I'm saying is, I have an awful lot of promo Maze's Ends

Lancelot
May 23, 2006

Fun Shoe
A standard deck which starts with:

4x Gideon, Ally of Zendikar
4x Retreat to Emeria
4x Oath of Gideon
4x Oath of Nissa
4x Nissa, Voice of Zendikar
4x Hangerback Walker

Seems like it can't be too bad.

GaryLeeLoveBuckets
May 8, 2009
Timber Gorge doubling down on the "awful flavor text matters" theme.

Angry Grimace
Jul 29, 2010

ACTUALLY IT IS VERY GOOD THAT THE SHOW IS BAD AND ANYONE WHO DOESN'T REALIZE WHY THAT'S GOOD IS AN IDIOT. JUST ENJOY THE BAD SHOW INSTEAD OF THINKING.

mcmagic posted:

I mean Esper Tokens is already a good deck and it plays 4 planeswalkers...

I don't think the effect itself is worth the card and mana and otherwise its sorcery speed 3 CMC Raise the Alarm. I guess maybe if Allies are a more relevant type than I am imagining.

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

Angry Grimace posted:

I don't think the effect itself is worth the card and mana and otherwise its sorcery speed 3 CMC Raise the Alarm.

Raise isn't in the format though. I would actually rather play this on T3 than a retreat. Look at this Esper Tokens list Brad Nelson top 8ed this weekend with. Seems like exactly what that deck is looking for since it does nothing on T3 other than Painful truths.

http://sales.starcitygames.com//deckdatabase/displaydeck.php?DeckID=97062

odiv
Jan 12, 2003

Lancelot posted:

A standard deck which starts with:

4x Gideon, Ally of Zendikar
4x Retreat to Emeria
4x Oath of Gideon
4x Oath of Nissa
4x Nissa, Voice of Zendikar
4x Hangerback Walker

Seems like it can't be too bad.

Too affordable. The Retreat is uncommon.

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

odiv posted:

Nissa doesn't fit in the tokens deck at all same with her oath.

BizarroAzrael
Apr 6, 2006

"That must weigh heavily on your soul. Let me purge it for you."

deftest posted:

Couldn't they at least have been gates? It's oath of the GATEwatch, isn't it?

All I'm saying is, I have an awful lot of promo Maze's Ends

It's not Oath of the MAZEwatch though.

I kind of like Oath of Gideon, but I don't know if it will work. It's not like Nissa's which I think can even work without many if any walkers, that really wants a committed walker deck. But it does work nicely with Gideon as already pointed out, and I think will do things like make it easier to threaten Sorin's ultimate. Plus tokens to hide behind.

Lancelot
May 23, 2006

Fun Shoe

odiv posted:

Hopefully there are some mythic lands that will drive up the cost of Standard to a reasonable* level!

*for my playgroup of kleptocratic third-world despots

Angry Grimace
Jul 29, 2010

ACTUALLY IT IS VERY GOOD THAT THE SHOW IS BAD AND ANYONE WHO DOESN'T REALIZE WHY THAT'S GOOD IS AN IDIOT. JUST ENJOY THE BAD SHOW INSTEAD OF THINKING.

dragon enthusiast posted:

Dollars to donuts it's because BFZ started design before ORI, which is when that keyword got evergreened

Rosewater's response was to get confused and claim he thought it was in the set. What you are saying seems like the actual answer.

Also, Gideon's Oath sounds mostly funny as a means to enable Narset and ultimate her on turn 6.

Angry Grimace fucked around with this message at 17:24 on Jan 4, 2016

BizarroAzrael
Apr 6, 2006

"That must weigh heavily on your soul. Let me purge it for you."

Lancelot posted:

kleptocratic

I love this word and mean to name a deck after it.

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

I just remembered that we're getting a new Drown in Sorrow so that might push the tokens deck out of the format even if Oath of Gideon is good.

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

3 mana for a pair of 1/1 ally tokens isn't completely terrible if you don't happen to have a PW on the board, although it gets pretty sketchy if you don't run any

Sickening
Jul 16, 2007

Black summer was the best summer.

BizarroAzrael posted:

It's not Oath of the MAZEwatch though.

I kind of like Oath of Gideon, but I don't know if it will work. It's not like Nissa's which I think can even work without many if any walkers, that really wants a committed walker deck. But it does work nicely with Gideon as already pointed out, and I think will do things like make it easier to threaten Sorin's ultimate. Plus tokens to hide behind.

It does make it interesting for sorin and gideon for sure. An emblem next turn is kind of a big deal on sorin.

mcmagic posted:

I just remembered that we're getting a new Drown in Sorrow so that might push the tokens deck out of the format even if Oath of Gideon is good.

How does it make it any less viable with the other sweepers already available?

Sickening fucked around with this message at 17:30 on Jan 4, 2016

Irony Be My Shield
Jul 29, 2012

OGW already has a bunch of fixing at common, and we haven't even seen any converge cards in it yet.

Angry Grimace
Jul 29, 2010

mcmagic posted:

People are bound to notice that Dark Petition can instantly get you and cast rear end in a top hat 1-of sideboard options like Drown in Exile, Virulent Plague, Infinite Obliteration, Ruinous Path, etc.

Drown in Exile isn't nearly as bad as Kozilek's Return is for tokens, I'd think. Instant speed Pyroclasm is playable even if the second clause is never relevant.

Angry Grimace fucked around with this message at 17:29 on Jan 4, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AlternateNu
May 5, 2005

ドーナツダメ!

This into Sorin seems really really REALLY loving good.

• Locked thread