Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Free Triangle
Jan 2, 2008

"This is no ordinary poster boy!
No ordinary poster!"
New DX released, here's the preview

E:

Unusual posted:

Continuing with lazy as gently caress updates both sides share a suit, we finally get the geara zulu, they get the Jegan. The hizack's seem like they'll get a mk2 shotgun type of weapon, could be interesting but since they're all 320 cost I don't have any hopes for them.

Lazy yeah, but they're worth the cost I think. Both suits have a decent shot at beating the 360 cost fed assault meta which seems to be a lot to ask of 320+ class suits lately.

Silver Geara Zulu's can get sturm fausts and those hit as hard as the F types typically reserved for heavies or 340 cost HMT gelgoog. Stats are above average for 320 cost except homing which is 273. Guess they don't want you to fix your shield too quickly, Jegan has the same problem and has Gyan style needle missiles :laugh: so of course its inferior to the Geara Zulu.

Gold Hi-Zack has solid ranged answers to everything but has weak sniper stats like you'd expect (Boost cap is unusually good though). Silver High-Zack is still good but can't play like an actual sniper, the only gun past 1400 range is the irradiation gun :smith:. Only b3 cannon is worth using out of the cannon options which are otherwise just gelgoog cannon mirrors, dps and reload is good though.

The beam launcher "shotgun" is just silly, occasionally you get the full shotgun pellet damage at 500m or more (This gun can hit things up to 1km away if ranged traited using N type)... and it gets beam shooter bonuses so no spray shooter trait redundancy.

Also this week has extra rewards if you play daily, not bad for just playing super casual

Free Triangle fucked around with this message at 13:24 on Nov 25, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Microwaves Mom
Nov 8, 2015

by zen death robot
I have become addicted to battlefront 3. Its good fun.

Zo
Feb 22, 2005

LIKE A FOX

Microwaves Mom posted:

I have become addicted to battlefront 3. Its good fun.

My life has been largely occupied by fallout 4 and, in a few days, will be completely consumed by monster hunter X.

Still I'll try to do 1 game a day this week for the easy DXs.

Microwaves Mom
Nov 8, 2015

by zen death robot

Zo posted:

My life has been largely occupied by fallout 4 and, in a few days, will be completely consumed by monster hunter X.

Still I'll try to do 1 game a day this week for the easy DXs.

I can't even bring myself to do 1 :negative: The game just doesn't grab me right now...

I really need a suit that makes me go, "Wow that's worth it!"

Unusual
Nov 12, 2013
Well I tried the Silver zulu since i put in a single DX for one, It's a pretty great suit, the Sturms coupled with the melee it gets is basically a free kill most of the time. The Jegan looks like it's just a Gyan but 20 cost lower, which is kind of hilarious.

Zo
Feb 22, 2005

LIKE A FOX

Microwaves Mom posted:

I can't even bring myself to do 1 :negative: The game just doesn't grab me right now...

I really need a suit that makes me go, "Wow that's worth it!"

High mobility brawler suits are my thing and nothing else in this game really interests me. I love being able to go into a 1v2 or even 1v3 in a kampfer and knowing i have a good chance of killing them all by outplaying them. Once i get my third kampfer from level up and finally pull a tetra my loadout will probably permanently be 3xkampfer 1xtetra for forever, pumping daily play tickets into deck cost extensions.

That being said, the giant open ocean map and the full space maps are the bane of my existence. 100% missle/beam spam means no brawling opportunity. My points per game drop to like half or a third on those.

Microwaves Mom
Nov 8, 2015

by zen death robot
I hear the game is a sinking ship now :smith:

Third World Reagan
May 19, 2008

Imagine four 'mechs waiting in a queue. Time works the same way.
you are a year or two late on that

Microwaves Mom
Nov 8, 2015

by zen death robot
I just want to say I miss playing games with this guy :smith:

I don't think we've played a game in a year or so together hit me up on steam sometime.

XENA I LOVE YOU
Sep 11, 2010

:rip: yet another gundam mmo. into the pile it goes.

ugh its Troika
May 2, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
It's better than SDGO at least.

Zo
Feb 22, 2005

LIKE A FOX
This game is still good and ill be playing it as long as i can enjoy moments like these. A lesser player might have settled for killing those two snipers for free but go big or go home :c00l:

"steady... steaaady...."

it was a pretty close game so I'd like to think that play made a difference

Microwaves Mom
Nov 8, 2015

by zen death robot

Zo posted:

This game is still good and ill be playing it as long as i can enjoy moments like these. A lesser player might have settled for killing those two snipers for free but go big or go home :c00l:

"steady... steaaady...."

it was a pretty close game so I'd like to think that play made a difference

All I could see at first was the death star trench and I kept thinking to myself "stay on target!"

Zeirnaton
Jan 29, 2014

Nanael
been having to work tons of overtime this past week and next week looks to be the same. I'm hoping for something big with the "z project" update but I'd imagine we should just expect the usual poo poo 1-2 new units for each side like every other update

lol saw this in skype

Zeirnaton fucked around with this message at 14:13 on Dec 12, 2015

Zeirnaton
Jan 29, 2014

Nanael
new coordinate outfits are coming.

also a new event where u collect special gundarium alloy that you use to get a black rick dias or the original marasai

hyaku shiki and qubeley are also the 2 new units they show cased

they are changing the deck bonus system around looks pretty similiar to modules

Zeirnaton
Jan 29, 2014

Nanael
drat this place looks dead

Zo
Feb 22, 2005

LIKE A FOX
Well this thread is stuck in the MMO subforum when it's decidedly not an MMO so yea i wouldn't expect much exposure.

Anyway, is qubeley worth it?

ugh its Troika
May 2, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
I suppose you could use the funnels to gently caress with snipers/artillery if they have the range.

e: Serious answer, it's fast. REALLY fast. 1423 speed, same as the Kampfer. Also, since all of it's weapons are internal, you can do quick switch shenannigans. I would suggest ignoring a beam saber and going with whichever two beam guns are your favorite, plus funnels.

ugh its Troika fucked around with this message at 18:30 on Dec 24, 2015

Unusual
Nov 12, 2013
It gets the MK2 8 pellet shotgun, albeit a beam version, so if you roll spray shooter you're good there, if you roll beam shooter you have a bunch of gatlings to use, including a dual gatling option. the funnels aren't super great at shooting someone actively dodging, but it seems like if you use them while moving in they can be decent.

ugh its Troika
May 2, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
The funnels are pretty much garbage. The beam guns are fairly good though. That being said the Qubeley is definitely a mid-range skirmisher. It also has no bazooka or really, any reliable means of knockdown at long range.

Zo
Feb 22, 2005

LIKE A FOX
That's pretty helpful, thanks guys. I'll probably save my dx and go with 3xkampfer 1xtetra.

Zeirnaton
Jan 29, 2014

Nanael
the funnels are pretty meh but I think the most disappointing thing about the queb is the lack of a HQ FA beam rifle. I've tried the shotgun out on it and I'm not sure what it is but it just has a weird spread on it it doesn't travel out much like the hizacks before spreading. could be I'm just not used to it.

made a 2nd queb >_> another quick reload FML

Zeirnaton fucked around with this message at 06:23 on Dec 25, 2015

ugh its Troika
May 2, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
How do I even use these stupid funnels

Unusual
Nov 12, 2013

-Troika- posted:

How do I even use these stupid funnels

Don't even bother is the real answer, but if you want to try, you right click to start the lock, and every segment of that bar that fills up is a funnel that will fire when you left click afterwards (you have to keep the enemy in that circle the whole time, with no cover between you.

Zo
Feb 22, 2005

LIKE A FOX
Yeah the public gold platoon today was named "no qubeleys" lol

randombattle
Oct 16, 2008

This hand of mine shines and roars! It's bright cry tells me to grasp victory!

How do you manage to gently caress up funnels? A concept that literally every single other gundam game has used just fine.

Unusual
Nov 12, 2013
Yeah it seems hosed up that the funnels are super terrible, they kind of just float in the air for a full two or three seconds before firing sometimes, just staying still and doing nothing.

Microwaves Mom
Nov 8, 2015

by zen death robot
Is bad.

OrangeSoda
Oct 8, 2007

OrangeSoda digivolved into Monzaemon!

OrangeSoda has unlocked BEAR POWERS!
The Qubeley is in!? :aaa:

...Oh, but it sucks. :smith:

Hilariously enough my two favorite mobile suits in the series (Gouf Custom and Qubeley) are pretty terrible in the game it seems.

Zeirnaton
Jan 29, 2014

Nanael

OrangeSoda posted:

The Qubeley is in!? :aaa:

...Oh, but it sucks. :smith:

Hilariously enough my two favorite mobile suits in the series (Gouf Custom and Qubeley) are pretty terrible in the game it seems.

if u can roll for a beam shooter its pretty viable, the shotgun trait isn't bad either

with beam shooter u get a pretty solid knockdown beam which u can follow up with a stronger alex wrist gatling.

Zeirnaton
Jan 29, 2014

Nanael
most biased map on rotation who ever spawns right has prolly lost 80% of the time

Richard M Nixon
Apr 26, 2009

"The greatest honor history can bestow is the title of peacemaker."
Hmm I've been missing this game so I finally reinstalled it and started messing around. So much has changed I feel a bit lost trying to figure out the additions. Space combat wasn't even a thing when I last played and now there's all kinds of new features. I have a few million gp which still seems pretty worthless as a currency and now there are even more weird gasha tickets and other currencies. Welp. If I stay on more than a few games I'll try to sync up with any goons still playing.

Richard M Nixon fucked around with this message at 20:39 on Jan 2, 2016

Richard M Nixon
Apr 26, 2009

gently caress, so out of 5 games I've been in the bottom 10 on all 5 of them. I used to be able to be fairly competitive even with the SMG the repair zakus have, but now I seem to be throwing spitballs while getting owned in 2 shots. Not sure what changed, but drat I suck now.

ugh its Troika
May 2, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
You're getting wrecked because of power creep, essentially. Remember how happy you were when you snagged a Gelgoog out of the gacha? Yeah. Gelgoogs arn't worth poo poo anymore.

Instead of going on the offensive, find a point and stay near it.

Richard M Nixon
Apr 26, 2009

-Troika- posted:

You're getting wrecked because of power creep, essentially. Remember how happy you were when you snagged a Gelgoog out of the gacha? Yeah. Gelgoogs arn't worth poo poo anymore.

Instead of going on the offensive, find a point and stay near it.

Oh drat. Suits don't have inherent weapon stats so do newer suits have access to new/better weapons or is it just an armor disparity? Any suggestions on new suits to update my 2/2 support/assault build? I'll check what I currently have, but it wouldn't be newer than gen 2/3 gasha mechs.

I have about 4k BC still to spend and 25 DX gasha tickets, but only a few of the daily tickets. I like the looks of the worker zaku for support but it costs 30 of those fuckers.

Zeirnaton
Jan 29, 2014

Nanael

Richard M Nixon posted:

Oh drat. Suits don't have inherent weapon stats so do newer suits have access to new/better weapons or is it just an armor disparity? Any suggestions on new suits to update my 2/2 support/assault build? I'll check what I currently have, but it wouldn't be newer than gen 2/3 gasha mechs.

I have about 4k BC still to spend and 25 DX gasha tickets, but only a few of the daily tickets. I like the looks of the worker zaku for support but it costs 30 of those fuckers.

the game is all about tetra blarf beams and Charging beam guns that knock down

Zo
Feb 22, 2005

LIKE A FOX
Nah people still do really well (top 5 in gold matchmaking regularly) with cheapo 200-260 cost suits. Just ask mr. polar in game. I also see some top pubbie players run 2x cheapest zaku heavies.

Also you can straight up buy many blueprints with GP now. Some cheap suits are very affordable even as gold.

Zeirnaton
Jan 29, 2014

Nanael
God I hate civil war in this game having to deal with tetra beams is so retarded, that weapon never should have been implemented in the game. its even more ridiculous when trying to play federation. I use my tetra and even I get a little sick at how disgustingly op that blarf beam is.

Microwaves Mom
Nov 8, 2015

by zen death robot
Game is bad now.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Unusual
Nov 12, 2013
You say now as if that is a new thing, The game has been kind of bad since the proto gundam son.

• Locked thread