Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Cowman
Feb 14, 2006

Beware the Cow

I was curious to see if the twitch chat is jerking off about the girl being there and instead they're telling the guy to shut the gently caress up about his run and calling him annoying and saying that one of the people on the couch is narcissa.

I now know why I just read this thread and not the twitch chat.

TheMadMilkman posted:

Are those leggings or tights? They seem sheer enough on camera that I hope she's wearing something over them.

leggings. I see people wearing leggings all the time and they always look like that when they sit down. I wonder if it's cold in there because everyone's wearing coats. Leggings are also warm clothing apparently because I only see people wear them in the wintertime.

Cowman fucked around with this message at 04:56 on Jan 5, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Crain
Jun 27, 2007

I had a beer once with Stephen Miller and now I like him.

I also tried to ban someone from a Discord for pointing out what an unrelenting shithead I am! I'm even dumb enough to think it worked!
Wow this is not what I thought Ori was like.

Might have to pick this game up.

Phone
Jul 30, 2005

親子丼をほしい。
#notallwalkingsimulators

HoneyBoy
Oct 12, 2012

get murked son
This poo poo is unwatchable

it just looks like tiny fireflies in one of those photoshop forest wallpapers

Doorknob Slobber
Sep 10, 2006

by Fluffdaddy
race is neat

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

Fight for all that is beautiful in the world

TheMadMilkman posted:

Are those leggings or tights? They seem sheer enough on camera that I hope she's wearing something over them.

it's impossible to answer that question

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo

Cowman posted:

I was curious to see if the twitch chat is jerking off about the girl being there and instead they're telling the guy to shut the gently caress up about his run and calling him annoying and saying that one of the people on the couch is narcissa.

I now know why I just read this thread and not the twitch chat.

lesser of two evils

Also, Ori is one of those super-zoomed out platformers, those really don't translate well to a small window format, nevermind a double small window one. Rayman Legends has that issue too.

Ramos
Jul 3, 2012

Crain posted:

Ori's a legitimately good Metroidvania game with a big focus on platforming with the added upside of looking really pretty. It's pretty great.

Cowman
Feb 14, 2006

Beware the Cow

game is really pretty and looks like it's a lot of fun to play but it looks like a standard metroidvania so far and I'm just not a fan of those :(

still gonna watch the whole race

Schurik
Sep 13, 2008

Crain posted:

Wait until they get the actual movement skills and the game goes from kinda hard to gently caress you

Internet Kraken
Apr 24, 2010

slightly amused
Yeah I feel like I would appreciate this game more without the race so I could get a better view of the visuals.

Bald Stalin
Jul 11, 2004

Our posts
I think I had 600 deaths on my first and only play through. It is pretty, but it gets hard in places.

weekly font
Dec 1, 2004

Everytime I try to fly I fall
Without my wings
I feel so small
Guess I need you baby...

Internet Kraken posted:

Yeah I feel like I would appreciate this game more without the race so I could get a better view of the visuals.

I dunno, I feel like people had this complaint at SGDQ too and I don't think that was a race.

SectumSempra
Jun 22, 2011

Bi-Han now we've got Bad Blood

TheMadMilkman posted:

I'm actually upset that she put so much effort into her appearance and the rest of these nerds don't look like they even showered yesterday.

Step it up nerds.

Cowman
Feb 14, 2006

Beware the Cow

Internet Kraken posted:

I think in this case the visuals are ruining the experience. I'm guessing both are playing well but the environments are so varied and the screens are so busy that I can't keep up with who's in the lead and what's going on. I'm also unfamiliar with the game.

It's why I think racing game races are the best. Diddy Kong and Mario Kart were fantastic and I could keep up with them very easily.

SectumSempra posted:

I'm actually upset that she put so much effort into her appearance and the rest of these nerds don't look like they even showered yesterday.

Step it up nerds.

some people just don't understand that you should always look good when you're on camera.

Your Computer
Oct 3, 2008

Grimey Drawer

Cowman posted:

and saying that one of the people on the couch is narcissa.

Seen this name several times now in this thread, and I don't recognize it. What did I miss?

(Unless I shouldn't ask in which case I'm sorry :ohdear:)

Lord Chumley
May 14, 2007

Embrace your destiny.

Your Computer posted:

Seen this name several times now in this thread, and I don't recognize it. What did I miss?

(Unless I shouldn't ask in which case I'm sorry :ohdear:)

It's Cosmo.

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

Cowman posted:

I think in this case the visuals are ruining the experience. I'm guessing both are playing well but the environments are so varied and the screens are so busy that I can't keep up with who's in the lead and what's going on. I'm also unfamiliar with the game.

It's why I think racing game races are the best. Diddy Kong and Mario Kart were fantastic and I could keep up with them very easily.
They were also fantastic this year because they were neck-and-neck, in MSK's case to the very end.

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747

is cosmo the guy with the doofy hat, i watched him do Wind Waker the first time i ever watched a speed run and it was dope

the Gaffe
Jul 4, 2011

you gotta believe dawg

Literally The Worst posted:

is cosmo the guy with the doofy hat, i watched him do Wind Waker the first time i ever watched a speed run and it was dope

yes cosmo recently started taking estrogen pills and changed his name to Narcissa. He/she stopped streaming anything note worthy a year ago so it doesn't really matter.

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

the Gaffe posted:

yes cosmo recently started taking estrogen pills and changed his name to Narcissa. He/she stopped streaming anything note worthy a year ago so it doesn't really matter.

she

Your Computer
Oct 3, 2008

Grimey Drawer

Oh, I had no idea. Always loved their speedruns.

Lord Chumley
May 14, 2007

Embrace your destiny.

depends on what he's packing, but that's a whole other debate.

Lord Chumley
May 14, 2007

Embrace your destiny.
So I guess this is a good game?

Bald Stalin
Jul 11, 2004

Our posts

Lord Chumley posted:

reddit is ---> that way, bro

Moatman
Mar 21, 2014

Because the goof is all mine.

Crain posted:

drat, not gonna be able to see spelunky on account of my commute.

I have to miss Teslagrad because it's at rear end o'clock in the morning.
It's busted as gently caress. Frozen's doing the 15 scrolls route, which is more or less intended, but with an added two boss skips, two entire area skips, and 45 seconds of walking cut off the end

NieR Occomata
Jan 18, 2009

Glory to Mankind.

Lord Chumley posted:

this is a post

Lord Chumley
May 14, 2007

Embrace your destiny.

Ranter posted:

reddit is ---> that way, bro

(I was hinting at no derails thanks)

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Choco1980
Feb 22, 2013

I fell in love with a Video Nasty
Yeah, I'm of two minds about this. On the one hand, this game is way too detailed oriented to benefit from the video layout format in anyway, making it hard to parse. On the other, it's really neat how truly neck and neck these two guys are, going back and forth stealing the lead from each other.

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747

the Gaffe posted:

oh dope

Lord Chumley posted:

depends on what he's packing

nah

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Lord Chumley posted:

:yikes:

Your Computer
Oct 3, 2008

Grimey Drawer

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747

Lord Chumley posted:

don't open up wth some bigot poo poo and then go "no derails guys!" so that you get the first last and only word on the subject, dickweed

Keith Stack
Nov 5, 2008

Am I mistaken, or are there absolutely zero Sega Genesis titles on the schedule?

Crain
Jun 27, 2007

I also tried to ban someone from a Discord for pointing out what an unrelenting shithead I am! I'm even dumb enough to think it worked!

Lord Chumley posted:

Gross. Have a little respect kid.

Distant Chicken
Aug 15, 2007
This game is real bad for racing.

Bald Stalin
Jul 11, 2004

Our posts

don't open up wth some bigot poo poo and then go "no derails guys!" so that you get the first last and only word on the subject, dickweed

agreed

NieR Occomata
Jan 18, 2009

Glory to Mankind.

yeah p much

Crain
Jun 27, 2007

OatmealRaisin posted:

This game is real bad for racing.

But for once I'm not complaining. This is a solid game that I'm completely new to.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

pumpinglemma
Apr 28, 2009

DD: Fondly regard abomination.

Lord Chumley posted:

If you wanted no derails you'd have apologised or dropped it, not gone for a parting shot at the idea that trans people exist. This one's on you.

• Locked thread