Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Sarmhan
Nov 1, 2011

"I've never heard of this runner I should look him up."
:staredog:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Futaba Anzu
May 6, 2011

GROSS BOY

Cowman posted:

honestly this game is growing on me. I'm actually really interested in it

Honestly I'm really digging the game, but jesus I forgot this is a 1hr50m run. Usually games this intense are done in an hour tops.

flatluigi
Apr 23, 2008

here come the planes

MakeWarHarmlesser posted:

This game looks pretty cool actually, i dunno why people don't seem into it.

It's extremely hosed up that kingdom hearts got a big chunk of the evening while hotline miami is way out at 4am.

the kingdom hearts run was really fun and the singing was a legit highlight

Gangringo
Jul 22, 2007

In the first age, in the first battle, when the shadows first lengthened, one sat.

He chose the path of perpetual contentment.

What strikes me about this game is the amount of time it must have taken to build so many levels. I mean he's moving through as fast as he can mash the buttons and there just keeps being more loving game in front of him.

bef
Mar 2, 2010

by Nyc_Tattoo
this game has the worst sfx

Nanomashoes
Aug 18, 2012

he's only playing like every third level too.

Fluo
May 25, 2007

Nanomashoes posted:

Hahaha

Karasu Tengu
Feb 16, 2011

Humble Tengu Newspaper Reporter
This is the longest platformer-shooter in the world.

Schurik
Sep 13, 2008

sarmhan posted:

You done hosed up son. This only leads to sadness.

senrath
Nov 4, 2009

Look Professor, a destruct switch!

Nanomashoes posted:

I thought he said he was playing 41 out of 50 levels.

Moongrave
Jun 19, 2004

Finally Living Rent Free
If your speed running community consists of you and no one else, and the game takes nearly two hours, and is just you playing the game slightly faster than normal people would, please do not play it at an event like this.

NieR Occomata
Jan 18, 2009

Glory to Mankind.

i think a game like this impresses how amazing of an accomplishment super meat boy was, because man oh man is the SFX and generically lovely soundtrack making me not want to play this game at all

Cowman
Feb 14, 2006

Beware the Cow

BARONS CYBER SKULL posted:

If your speed running community consists of you and no one else, and the game takes nearly two hours, and is just you playing the game slightly faster than normal people would, please do not play it at an event like this.

They're probably hoping it builds a community for it because this looks like it can create some good runs.

absolutely anything
Dec 28, 2006

~As for dreams, she has enough and more to spare~

sarmhan posted:

this is sick

Gangringo
Jul 22, 2007

In the first age, in the first battle, when the shadows first lengthened, one sat.

This game seems like it would be a lot better with about half as many levels but some actual gameplay mechanic variation between them. Nothing fancy, just like an ice world with different physics, maybe a reverse world where you're moving forward constantly and press buttons to stop. Just a little something to break up the monotony.

Schurik
Sep 13, 2008

The amount of mistakes he's making is fine for playing it really well casually, but in a world of people playing blindfolded/with one hand/with two controllers it kinda sticks out.

Moongrave
Jun 19, 2004

Finally Living Rent Free
Bring back British Prince of Persia guy with his run that kept loving out but he powered through.

That run was cool and interesting and by the end everyone was cheering and clapping for this dude barely anyone knew before.

This isn't even bad it's just too loving long.

Cowman
Feb 14, 2006

Beware the Cow

Gangringo posted:

This game seems like it would be a lot better with about half as many levels but some actual gameplay mechanic variation between them. Nothing fancy, just like an ice world with different physics, maybe a reverse world where you're moving forward constantly and press buttons to stop. Just a little something to break up the monotony.

something like what's happening right now where he's controlling 2 ships.

sad drunk is the worst drunk :(

not too outlandish for a sad drunk tbh

Cowman fucked around with this message at 07:20 on Jan 5, 2016

HoneyBoy
Oct 12, 2012

get murked son
I blame that ninja game N for spawning all these types of games

Mukaikubo
Mar 14, 2006

"You treat her like a lady... and she'll always bring you home."
now this is much more interesting than the last hour

Sarmhan
Nov 1, 2011

I should speedrun a game no one has heard of so I can be the world record holder.

Schurik
Sep 13, 2008

I mean I'm not expecting no deaths in two hours, but less than a death every 20 seconds would be cool, i dunno

Rudager
Apr 29, 2008

Schurik posted:

The amount of mistakes he's making is fine for playing it really well casually, but in a world of people playing blindfolded/with one hand/with two controllers it kinda sticks out.

I've never heard of the game before and even I can see all those little mistakes he making not jumping onto platforms properly.

Also I hate runs like this where it's just a dude playing really, really good, I like glitches and cool tricks.

GaiaShell
Mar 11, 2002

drunken officeparty posted:

How are they going to put Hotline Miami at 4am. I'm pretty sure that's a war crime.
Sleep now, wake up for the run, back to sleep.

Or be like me and live on the west coast so it's on at 1am :unsmigghh:

Also I'm over this game. Looked cool at first but drat it's way too same-y and ugh

Oh good it's almost over

drunken officeparty
Aug 23, 2006

sarmhan posted:

I should speedrun a game no one has heard of so I can be the world record holder.

honestly I used to be super into "speed" windows minesweeper. they need that.

Moongrave
Jun 19, 2004

Finally Living Rent Free
I don't mind "dude playing game insanely well" when it's something like Tetris or I wanna be the boshy or something.

SuccinctAndPunchy
Mar 29, 2013

People are supposed to get hurt by things. It's fucked up to not. It's not good for you.

BARONS CYBER SKULL posted:

This isn't even bad it's just too loving long.

yeah it's sad because it's not the worst but it's just too loving samey and long

texasmed
May 27, 2004

sarmhan posted:

seems kinda like your average emo-ish early 20s kid, except he's posting stream of consciousness stuff on twitter instead of just bottling it deep like a normal person

Cool Matty
Jan 8, 2006
Usuyami no Sekai

drunken officeparty posted:

honestly I used to be super into "speed" windows minesweeper. they need that.

It's a run on SDA, submit it to a future event and see what happens!

Mukaikubo
Mar 14, 2006

"You treat her like a lady... and she'll always bring you home."

Rudager posted:

I've never heard of the game before and even I can see all those little mistakes he making not jumping onto platforms properly.

Also I hate runs like this where it's just a dude playing really, really good, I like glitches and cool tricks.

I'm the opposite, my favorite ones are really technical ones that don't use many glitches, like, I dunno, 120star

But this is still pretty... not marathon-ready.

THAT WAS A WORLD RECORD? FOR GODSAKES.

Cowman
Feb 14, 2006

Beware the Cow

he's gonna get a world record even though he had to pause to turn off notifications and definitely messed up a ton.

he got one and he's at least pretty honest about how there's no one else playing it and how he wants more people to play it.

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

Fight for all that is beautiful in the world

lol a world record with a thousand deaths. the advantage of being the game's only runner

e: I was joking but he really is the game's only runner

Gamma Nerd
May 14, 2012
:woop: live WRs are always hype

Sarmhan
Nov 1, 2011

voltcatfish posted:

lol a world record with a thousand deaths. the advantage of being the game's only runner

This

Rudager
Apr 29, 2008
That was a world record time? :what:

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Gangringo posted:

There are levels with more variety. They are longer and so he is skipping them when he can.

senrath
Nov 4, 2009

Look Professor, a destruct switch!

A run with that many mistakes was WR. How did he not have a better time than that before now?

Well, at least he acknowledges that it wasn't a great run and wants people to start running the game to beat him.

Gangringo
Jul 22, 2007

Cowman posted:

something like what's happening right now where he's controlling 2 ships.

Yeah, more like that. I mean, it looks legit but it lost me about halfway through.

SuccinctAndPunchy
Mar 29, 2013

People are supposed to get hurt by things. It's fucked up to not. It's not good for you.
ok if that was WR your game loving sucks and is not ready for an event like this, come back next year when you've got something more optimised goddamn

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

HoneyBoy
Oct 12, 2012

get murked son
In the previous WR run he took a bathroom break

• Locked thread