Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
DEEP STATE PLOT
Aug 13, 2008

Yes...Ha ha ha...YES!

Went to do a resource run, set down in a plain surrounded by two brontos, 3 stegos and a couple of those giraffe lookin things. Figured that was pretty safe, flew around a few times to double check, landed and within 5 minutes my pteranodon got ganked by a Spinosaurus that came out of nowhere, who then started attacking something else which allowed me to escape. Welp :smith:

On the positive side, I did find and tame both a raptor and a parasaur at the same time on my own like 5 feet outside the base and got saddles on the both of them, so at least there's that. I'll relocate the parasaur over to my ghetto hut if space becomes an issue.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Skater h8er
May 11, 2013

Cubey posted:

Went to do a resource run, set down in a plain surrounded by two brontos, 3 stegos and a couple of those giraffe lookin things. Figured that was pretty safe, flew around a few times to double check, landed and within 5 minutes my pteranodon got ganked by a Spinosaurus that came out of nowhere, who then started attacking something else which allowed me to escape. Welp :smith:

On the positive side, I did find and tame both a raptor and a parasaur at the same time on my own like 5 feet outside the base and got saddles on the both of them, so at least there's that. I'll relocate the parasaur over to my ghetto hut if space becomes an issue.

Hey I hope you don't store any good stuff in your little shack cause I got on and it looks like someone busted your door n got in it so I put a New door up for now

GodspeedSphere
Apr 25, 2008
Pirating the seas is some of the most fun I've had. Doing it as a one man stealth op is fun, but it's even better with sk8r and biskit on board. The raft can hold an argent as well, for inland scouting. Last night we were scouting south and spotted a campfire. We went in in a 2 man team and discovered the target left their 1x1 door open, allowing me to steal all his paltry goods. Shortly thereafter he came back to his campfire, allowing me to get a tranq dart in him and steal everything off his back. That's when we discovered his friend, who punched me as I was taking my illegitimate gains. He was promptly tranq'd and stripped naked. Cackling all the way back to the boat we got a server reset and lost it all. Easy come, easy go.

DEEP STATE PLOT
Aug 13, 2008

Yes...Ha ha ha...YES!

Skater h8er posted:

Hey I hope you don't store any good stuff in your little shack cause I got on and it looks like someone busted your door n got in it so I put a New door up for now

Anything decent I had I just added to the stockpiles at the main base. I'm intentionally not leaving anything good over there until it is built up a bit and protected better.

GodspeedSphere
Apr 25, 2008
Speaking of which we need to be more careful about what we take and use up. Basic wilderness survival gear is a cloth or hide set, a pickaxe, a hatchet, and a spear. Potentially a bow as well. Throw on a 100 count of berries or 15 cooked meat and you're set for 90% of your adventures. Guns are essentially PvP only, as anytime you need more damage than the previous equipment you should be using a dino or running away. It's possible to run around with an advanced assault rifle mowing down everything in your path, but if you want to do that you gotta pay for it yourself.

DEEP STATE PLOT
Aug 13, 2008

Yes...Ha ha ha...YES!

I did take a couple stacks of raw meat from the fridge to tame my raptor, but replaced those two stack with two more stacks plus a third stack that I threw into the feeding trough. I do need to replace about 100 hides still and will do so when I jump on after work. It is prollly advisable to let newer players know to not take anything higher tier because they'll end up dying and lose them, and remind them to try and replace what they do take and use.

GodspeedSphere
Apr 25, 2008

Cubey posted:

I did take a.....

Don't worry about it. The important items at this point are guns and above on the tech tree. At this point meat and hide are relatively trivial to gather. The problem is that 90% of our electronics and several guns/ammo disappeared without any gain to the goon collective. Crossbow, arrows, tranqs, all that primitive level stuff is trivial to gather. Since we are just now beginning to utilize our quetzal, I expect this entire post will be outdated in a week or so.

On the same note, there is an item quality system in the game that isn't apparent. Armors (including saddles), and weapons have an adjective modifier before their name. 95% of items are primitive. After this is ramshackle, then apprectice. I haven't seen levels above this yet.

Skater h8er
May 11, 2013

Cubey posted:

I did take a couple stacks of raw meat from the fridge to tame my raptor, but replaced those two stack with two more stacks plus a third stack that I threw into the feeding trough. I do need to replace about 100 hides still and will do so when I jump on after work. It is prollly advisable to let newer players know to not take anything higher tier because they'll end up dying and lose them, and remind them to try and replace what they do take and use.

Your good on hide I was farming meat earlier for narcotic and I ended up putting about 200 or so hide in the chests outside

GodspeedSphere
Apr 25, 2008
Let me sing you the song of my people.

Left, left, A.

Raskolnikov2089
Nov 3, 2006

Schizzy to the matic

GodspeedSphere posted:

Let me sing you the song of my people.

Left, left, A.

Up, Down, Down A. Never hit refresh that way. Glad I could teach something.

Pirating was super fun. If only I would have a chance to do it again soon :(

Funkmaster General
Sep 13, 2008

Hey, man, I distinctly remember this being an episode of Spongebob. :colbert:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O8yeNzLO5Mw

DINOSARUS
Jul 16, 2006
^^^^ This is awesome. There needs to be a song for our Quetzankylo dropship though.

GodspeedSphere posted:

Pirating the seas is some of the most fun I've had.

Tonight it was me and Godspeed doing the pirating; we raided a couple of shacks on the south coast under the cover of daylight. The second shack we hit was the motherload, it belonged to a kid who's been spamming the chatbox for the past couple of days and generally annoying everyone, we took all his possessions and then I dragged his body out to the boat and forced his still sleeping body to walk the plank. He's quite literally sleeping with the fishes tonight.

Tomorrow I think we'll attack one of the more fortified bases we found, bigger balls means bigger loot, right?

DEEP STATE PLOT
Aug 13, 2008

Yes...Ha ha ha...YES!

Left the main base, saw a pteranodon on the ground, tranquilized it and ran back to grab my raptor as a lookout. Seemingly an eternity later, I have a new pteranodon. I'm going to be much more cautious with it this time.

Raskolnikov2089
Nov 3, 2006

Schizzy to the matic

Cubey posted:

Left the main base, saw a pteranodon on the ground, tranquilized it and ran back to grab my raptor as a lookout. Seemingly an eternity later, I have a new pteranodon. I'm going to be much more cautious with it this time.

Feel free to use Woola if you so desire. Actually anyone is welcome to use her (as long as they aren't idiots because she's still my special girl). Preferably level up Stamina, I'm trying to make her able to sprint non-stop.

Funkmaster General
Sep 13, 2008

I don't know the extent of it, but it sounds like the devs just nerfed all tamed dinos HARD on PC. Like, potentially to the point where they're barely more powerful than equivalent level wild dinos. This seems to apply to everything, not just HP and attack strength. There's lots of pubbie tears if you can stomach to check out Reddit or the steam forums.

What I'm saying is stock up on metal and wood before gathering it goes back to being tedious again.

E: Some comparisons, 100k HP Quetzal down to 20k, 2k melee mammoth down to 400. Someone reported max-level anklyos with all points in melee getting 30 metal per node, which is... On par with our low level ankly. Sounds like the nerf stick was pretty harsh.

Funkmaster General fucked around with this message at 16:58 on Jan 5, 2016

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

I wish this was a game about dogs called Bark: Stick Retrieved.

Funkmaster General
Sep 13, 2008

FactsAreUseless posted:

I wish this was a game about dogs called Bark: Stick Retrieved.

I would play that game.

Skater h8er
May 11, 2013
Came upon a tribe of dill outpost slightly north of us and a little inland

Raskolnikov2089
Nov 3, 2006

Schizzy to the matic

Skater h8er posted:

Came upon a tribe of dill outpost slightly north of us and a little inland

Above the waterfall?

SolidSnakesBandana
Jul 1, 2007

Infinite ammo

Funkmaster General posted:

I don't know the extent of it, but it sounds like the devs just nerfed all tamed dinos HARD on PC. Like, potentially to the point where they're barely more powerful than equivalent level wild dinos. This seems to apply to everything, not just HP and attack strength. There's lots of pubbie tears if you can stomach to check out Reddit or the steam forums.

What I'm saying is stock up on metal and wood before gathering it goes back to being tedious again.

E: Some comparisons, 100k HP Quetzal down to 20k, 2k melee mammoth down to 400. Someone reported max-level anklyos with all points in melee getting 30 metal per node, which is... On par with our low level ankly. Sounds like the nerf stick was pretty harsh.

This nerf was a long time coming. Fully leveled tamed dinos were basically invincible. I think a tamed dino should be able to win in a 1v1 fight vs its wild equivalent, possibly even 2v1 if you're smart about it, but beyond that its a bit silly.

Beastie
Nov 3, 2006

They used to call me tricky-kid, I lived the life they wish they did.

Is there some time of day where NA 65 isn't full as poo poo? I've checked in the morning, in the afternoon, and at various times of night.

Every single time it is completely full. Is it because people aren't actually logging off?

Funkmaster General
Sep 13, 2008

Beastie posted:

Is there some time of day where NA 65 isn't full as poo poo? I've checked in the morning, in the afternoon, and at various times of night.

Every single time it is completely full. Is it because people aren't actually logging off?

I have, very rarely seen the server at 67/70 or so at like 5am central. Other than that, no. It isn't just our server, its every single server available, including all the new ones they keep adding. The demand is simply greater than the supply, and that's all there is to it. Maybe in a few months you'll be able to get in reliably, but until then you're stuck like all of us are.

Funkmaster General fucked around with this message at 02:53 on Jan 6, 2016

Raskolnikov2089
Nov 3, 2006

Schizzy to the matic

Beastie posted:

Up, Down, Down A.

If I don't get in after about 5 minutes of doing that, I try another time. Have had pretty good luck.

Its Rinaldo
Aug 13, 2010

CODS BINCH
I bought this game, took an hour trying to log in. No joy. Gonna go watch twitch streams and feel sad :smith:

DINOSARUS
Jul 16, 2006
All hell has broken loose; someone's attacked us and trashed part of the stone lighthouse/nav beacon at the top of our base. Me and Cykko were out mining metal and returned to find our poo poo wrecked, luckily it was the weakest part for a reason and we didn't have any significant losses. We quickly scouted down the coast to see if we could see our attackers, but before we found any suspects we saw our allies in Agony who were heading up to the snow biome to club penguins getting attacked by a spino which we nuked. It turned out the spino belonged to a neighbouring faction, so that cut that search short, I may have also killed one of our friends mounts in a blue on blue incident. Thankfully we pretty rapidly got our diplomacy on and have hopefully averted any crisis.

:siren: We need to to figure out what the gently caress just happened before taking any action, so the main thing is carry on as normal :siren: but we've realised we need to farm a shitton of metal for defenses/guns/ammo and a whole bunch of stone, flint and charcoal make a fuckton of sparkpowder and therefore gunpowder, we probably won't need weapons but they might also come in handy.

Bad Moon posted:

I bought this game, took an hour trying to log in. No joy. Gonna go watch twitch streams and feel sad :smith:

It took us all a long time to get online tonight and the servers weren't particularly stable either for some reason. Add mine and Funkmaster's GT's so one of us can initiate you into the tribe once you're on, our GT's are dinosarus and shiny pidgey

DEEP STATE PLOT
Aug 13, 2008

Yes...Ha ha ha...YES!

A few days ago some dudes were raising a fuss about our wall down on the beach blocking them, could it have been them?

Also, this reminds me: I usually play at a time when the only other guys online in our tribe are the guys who live in the south. If we get attacked while I am online, should I just take down their names and bolt?

Funkmaster General
Sep 13, 2008

This is just a friendly reminder: Guns are (generally) not for killing dinosaurs. All guns deal a flat 25% less damage to dinosaurs, and ammo is expensive to make, so it is a waste of resources to use them for dino killing. Ranged weapons deal additional damage to flying dinosaurs, so guns are useful for that, but a crossbow will more than suffice to take down anything but a Quetzal, and you shouldn't be trying to shoot one of them with non-tranquilizer rounds in the first place.

This may be an irrelevant warning in the future, mind you. On PC they have been fiddling with Dino balance and they introduced today a 20% nerf to melee damage vs dinosaurs, almost as high as the guns. That being said, remember that 1) that patch isn't on Xbox yet, 2) that might change again in the NEXT patch, and 3) ammo is still too expensive to use for something easily accomplished with a pike or stone arrows.

edit: Apparently this applies to explosives, as well, which I did not know. For the record, a rocket is not enough to kill an alpha rex.

Funkmaster General fucked around with this message at 02:58 on Jan 7, 2016

Raskolnikov2089
Nov 3, 2006

Schizzy to the matic

Cubey posted:

A few days ago some dudes were raising a fuss about our wall down on the beach blocking them, could it have been them?

Also, this reminds me: I usually play at a time when the only other guys online in our tribe are the guys who live in the south. If we get attacked while I am online, should I just take down their names and bolt?

Who in the tribe live south?

DEEP STATE PLOT
Aug 13, 2008

Yes...Ha ha ha...YES!

Some UK gents we merged with. That all happened before I joined and my only experience with them was having one of them add sk8ter to the tribe but they seemed cool in that one interaction.

Also, it looks like we may not have to worry much at all about the dino nerfs, they backpedaled really hard, really fast on that poo poo on PC.

DEEP STATE PLOT fucked around with this message at 05:44 on Jan 7, 2016

Its Rinaldo
Aug 13, 2010

CODS BINCH
Got on briefly last night, farted around for a bit then logged off in a patch of woods near the DRC south? Logged in tonight, and I'd been killed by somebody in DRC. No prob I had nothingon me. Character's name is Cromulent GT is TheRinaldo. I've been spawning in South Zone 3 should I be somewhere else?

Its Rinaldo fucked around with this message at 07:46 on Jan 7, 2016

Mukulu
Jul 14, 2006

Stop. Drop. Shut 'em down open up shop.
How do I find you people? This island is terrifying and I'm cold.

Raskolnikov2089
Nov 3, 2006

Schizzy to the matic

Bad Moon posted:

Got on briefly last night, farted around for a bit then logged off in a patch of woods near the DRC south? Logged in tonight, and I'd been killed by somebody in DRC. No prob I had nothingon me. Character's name is Cromulent GT is TheRinaldo. I've been spawning in South Zone 3 should I be somewhere else?

Two major tribes got wiped by traitors yesterday, so the tribe join system is being vetted just in case. You've got an old reg date though so you should be okay to my understanding.

Sorry I had to bail last night, early morning and all that. I'll try to get on this weekend, I'd like to try making a fort near our main.

Skater h8er
May 11, 2013
Man every time I can get on our tribe is dead so I'm not sure what I can do resource gathering wise solo

Raskolnikov2089
Nov 3, 2006

Schizzy to the matic

Skater h8er posted:

Man every time I can get on our tribe is dead so I'm not sure what I can do resource gathering wise solo

Wood and stone are always needed. Chitin and hide were asked for last night. If you're getting wood, drop some stacks in the campfire in the base for Charcoal since we need as much as we can get.

Raskolnikov2089 fucked around with this message at 04:31 on Jan 8, 2016

Funkmaster General
Sep 13, 2008

Guys, to be clear, we are no longer in the south on server 65. The DRS guys who still live in the south are actually a different tribe, originally named D2M, who helped us a lot in the beginning and started coming under fire from the larger tribes. We took them in for protection, and then ended up moving to the northwest. If you're looking for us, head to the western coast and follow it north until you see a large cliff with a massive base on it. Do not approach from the air - you will die instantly. If you've reach the snow, you've gone too far. That being said, I think we're going to clamp down on new arrivals temporarily due to the intense server drama (and specifically the widespread use of spies and inside-men). I don't think anyone other than Agony knows we are goons, but better safe than sorry until this idiotic "resistance" group is taken out - which will probably be within a few days.

PriorMarcus
Oct 17, 2008

ASK ME ABOUT BEING ALLERGIC TO POSITIVITY

I loved playing with you guys the couple of times I've been able to get on, but its just so time consuming and rubbish having the spam the server to try and enter. I don't know how any of you have the patience to get on everyday.

DINOSARUS
Jul 16, 2006

PriorMarcus posted:

I loved playing with you guys the couple of times I've been able to get on, but its just so time consuming and rubbish having the spam the server to try and enter. I don't know how any of you have the patience to get on everyday.

It all depends what time you get on really, although now people are back at work/school it seems to be getting easier.

There's been a lot of tension between groups on the server the past couple of days, some guy called nulight or something infiltrated a fairly powerful group and basically levelled their whole infrastructure while they were offline, he was captured but escaped while being transported to a holding cell (you can literally hold people prisoner in this game and keep them sedated to render the game unplayable to them); I'd just love to draw his attention towards us and see how long it takes for him to go crazy or how many :10bux: he spends trying to join the forums.

Its Rinaldo
Aug 13, 2010

CODS BINCH
I made a little beach hut a little ways down south of the base to live in till I'm not declared a 5th columnist. Please don't burn it to the ground :ohdear:

GodspeedSphere
Apr 25, 2008

Bad Moon posted:

I made a little beach hut a little ways down south of the base to live in till I'm not declared a 5th columnist. Please don't burn it to the ground :ohdear:

Be gone Satan!

(Add KinkyMonkey577)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Funkmaster General
Sep 13, 2008

The steam forums for this game rule.

quote:

Biggest waste of time dont waste your life on this game there are better more fulling games like my little pony and suicide
This game is just a loving waste of time its too bug ridden and poo poo full of game breaking bugs and all the devs do is release more content. Honestly everyone needs to boycott this poo poo. Devs have made non stop promises to fix poo poo that is always an issue but can release every new dossier and dino on time. Babies dinos??? oh you want to breed them well here waste days of your life too raise it and before its complete we`ll just loving despawn the dino because you logged out for 30 minutes. oh look memory is getting eaten up and 0% effective garbage collection....yet 3 patches of lies we "fixed" it and still nothing but you best believe those new dinos are in there ( they dont loving work properly at all but they are there) oh look its a survival game so lets do a completely unrealistic nerf because of 0 to -1000 intelligence on devs means we do it for everyone who cares if everything you have done in this game gets rekt because dont worry guys we`ll never wipe the server......loving bullshit. The devs of this game have honestly taken the poo poo out of there promises and sold out, dont worry after you done loving people here you can go run in the local elections i think you guys would do well you have all the qualities of the leaders of this world (even though they fail to lead but the loving people over, you guys got that on point)

Funkmaster General fucked around with this message at 20:00 on Jan 8, 2016

• Locked thread