Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Deformed Church
May 12, 2012

5'5", IQ 81

The tube is a lot better than anything else. We've gotta just bomb london and start again.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kitchner
Nov 9, 2012

IT CAN'T BE BARGAINED WITH.
IT CAN'T BE REASONED WITH.
IT DOESN'T FEEL PITY, OR REMORSE, OR FEAR.
AND IT ABSOLUTELY WILL NOT STOP, EVER, UNTIL YOU ADMIT YOU'RE WRONG ABOUT WARHAMMER
Clapping Larry
Nah the city itself is nice and there are tons of old buildings you wouldn't want to lose.

Basically what needs to happen is that we kill and eat all the rich.

schnickety scribe
Jul 5, 2015

Kitchner posted:

Crazy house and rent prices in London means anyone who's not a Saudi Arabian Prince, Russian Oligarch, or some sort of banker has to live on the outskirts of the city, but all the offices are in the centre, so each morning I do over an hour on this:

My office (when I'm not at a client) is on Baker Street (yes that Baker Street) which means it's one of the primo tourist destinations.

I guess it's probably not too dissimilar from New York in the way people in the US half-joke that people in New York are rude, it's the same for London.

:stare: Sorry about your lovely crowded trains.

I'm glad I don't work in London or New York and that my trains only get that crowded on special occasions. Like when it's cold...like today. Ugh, I don't want to go outside now.

Kitchner posted:

Basically what needs to happen is that we kill and eat all the rich.
Oh, hey, someone who has the same life philosophy as me.

Kitchner
Nov 9, 2012

AND IT ABSOLUTELY WILL NOT STOP, EVER, UNTIL YOU ADMIT YOU'RE WRONG ABOUT WARHAMMER
Clapping Larry
To be fair one of the advantages of going everywhere on the tube is you go from your warm house, to the tube station, on a warm tube, to wherever you're going. You never really expose yourself to the weather that much.

Detective Thompson
Nov 9, 2007

Sammy Davis Jr. Jr. is also in repose.

RFC2324 posted:

Who is joking? People from New York are rude as poo poo. Who the gently caress else will stare you straight in the eye yet pretend not to see you when you wish them a good afternoon?

Why the gently caress are you trying to talk to people in NYC unless you're looking for some angry directions somewhere?

RFC2324
Jun 7, 2012

http 418

Detective Thompson posted:

Why the gently caress are you trying to talk to people in NYC unless you're looking for some angry directions somewhere?

I don't. But here in Texas its expected to be polite to people you walk past on the street, and New Yorkers stand out like a sore thumb because they are such dicks to everyone around them.

Absurd Alhazred
Mar 27, 2010

by Athanatos

RFC2324 posted:

I don't. But here in Texas its expected to be polite to people you walk past on the street, and New Yorkers stand out like a sore thumb because they are such dicks to everyone around them.

Pfffffft. I would like you to spend two minutes in downtown Tel Aviv, then you'll be missing the politeness and civility of the NYC/London crowds.

RFC2324
Jun 7, 2012

http 418

Absurd Alhazred posted:

Pfffffft. I would like you to spend two minutes in downtown Tel Aviv, then you'll be missing the politeness and civility of the NYC/London crowds.

Whats with this antisemitism?!?

Seriously, tho, I've heard stories about Middle Eastern cities like that, and just kinda assumed it was exaggerated.

Absurd Alhazred
Mar 27, 2010

by Athanatos

RFC2324 posted:

Whats with this antisemitism?!?

Seriously, tho, I've heard stories about Middle Eastern cities like that, and just kinda assumed it was exaggerated.

Once I was waiting in line for the bus from Jerusalem to Tel Aviv. An American was talking to the driver, turns out it wasn't the right bus or something. While he was standing there talking, other travelers squeezed by him, paid the driver/stamped their card and went to their seats. He was utterly livid that someone would just squeeze by him like that rather than waiting for him to finish finding out whatever it was he was finding out.

I much prefer even the most crowded and "rude" American cities, myself.

Zeroisanumber
Oct 23, 2010

Nap Ghost

RFC2324 posted:

The Sun doesn't hate New York like it hates Texas. Goddamn weather down there is awful in the summertime, and I say that even though I live in Minneapolis.

ToxicSlurpee
Nov 5, 2003

-=SEND HELP=-

Pillbug

RFC2324 posted:

Who is joking? People from New York are rude as poo poo. Who the gently caress else will stare you straight in the eye yet pretend not to see you when you wish them a good afternoon?

Not just that but they're proud of it. I don't know what it is about New York and PA but there's a certain level of deliberate cultural obnoxiousness.

To be honest I kind of like it. You know exactly where you stand with people from this part of the world.

RFC2324
Jun 7, 2012

http 418

Zeroisanumber posted:

The Sun doesn't hate New York like it hates Texas. Goddamn weather down there is awful in the summertime, and I say that even though I live in Minneapolis.

On the other hand, I can go down to the lake right this minute and hang out in shorts and sandals right this minute if I want to, so it kinda balances out.

(No, it doesn't, I want the gently caress out of this part of the country so badly)

blarzgh
Apr 14, 2009

SNITCHIN' RANDY
Grimey Drawer
Texas is Great and the people here will stop and help you change a tire and NY is cool and alright, and the people there will stop and help you change a tire and cuss at you the whole time about it.

schnickety scribe
Jul 5, 2015

ToxicSlurpee posted:

Not just that but they're proud of it. I don't know what it is about New York and PA but there's a certain level of deliberate cultural obnoxiousness.

To be honest I kind of like it. You know exactly where you stand with people from this part of the world.
Hey! What's wrong with PA?!

...Oh...You're one of those people who ISN'T from PA. In that case, I regret to inform you that ye' ain't from around here.

A 50S RAYGUN
Aug 22, 2011
everyone come down to new jersey so i can tell you you're a piece of poo poo who needs to learn how to drive, a staple greeting directed towards people from out of new jersey

ToxicSlurpee
Nov 5, 2003

-=SEND HELP=-

Pillbug

schnickety scribe posted:

Hey! What's wrong with PA?!

...Oh...You're one of those people who ISN'T from PA. In that case, I regret to inform you that ye' ain't from around here.

There's a lot of things wrong with PA and I've lived here my entire life. Scenery is beautiful sure but the state is an economic hell pit.

And seriously, talk to Stillers fans more than five minutes and you'll see the obnoxiousness full bore.

Now if you'll excuse me I'm gone dahn t'the crick to eat this here hoagie by the jagger bush.

VendaGoat
Nov 1, 2005

ToxicSlurpee posted:

There's a lot of things wrong with PA and I've lived here my entire life. Scenery is beautiful sure but the state is an economic hell pit.

And seriously, talk to Stillers fans more than five minutes and you'll see the obnoxiousness full bore.

Now if you'll excuse me I'm gone dahn t'the crick to eat this here hoagie by the jagger bush.

Welcome to all places, everywhere.

At least I can get coleslaw and french fries on my sandwich! :v:

Absurd Alhazred
Mar 27, 2010

by Athanatos

A 50S RAYGUN posted:

everyone come down to new jersey so i can tell you you're a piece of poo poo who needs to learn how to drive, a staple greeting directed towards people from out of new jersey

Oh, enough people up in Albany have learned your famous "Jersey left". One even did this in front of a bus.

why oh WHY
Apr 25, 2012

So like I said, not my fault. Nobody can judge me for it.
But, yeah...
Okay.
I admit it.
Human teenager Rainbow Dash was hot!

Absurd Alhazred posted:

Oh, enough people up in Albany have learned your famous "Jersey left". One even did this in front of a bus.

Pretty much everyone in Albany/Schenectady are poo poo drivers, except for me of course.

schnickety scribe
Jul 5, 2015

ToxicSlurpee posted:

My uncle is a Steelers fan. And my cousin (said uncle's step-son) is an Eagles fan! :buddy: Family gatherings around NFL season are highly amusing (because I don't give a poo poo about sports).

And, what, no classic "Chendough, Chendough, 4 6 2, where the men are men and the woman is too"? You sadden me. And the hell is a "jagger bush"? You're one of those filthy, Westerner PA monsters, aren't you?

And "crick" is a word. It refers to one's own private creek in one's own backyard. :eng101:

Heathen...

A 50S RAYGUN posted:

I would, but I'm busy.

Also, keep your drat lovely drivers out of my drat state. :argh: Y'all tailgate too loving much and never use turn signals.

Absurd Alhazred
Mar 27, 2010

by Athanatos

why oh WHY posted:

Pretty much everyone in Albany/Schenectady are poo poo drivers, except for me of course.

How many goons ARE there up here?! :psyduck:

Burt Sexual
Jan 26, 2006

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Switchblade Switcharoo

Absurd Alhazred posted:

Once I was waiting in line for the bus from Jerusalem to Tel Aviv. An American was talking to the driver, turns out it wasn't the right bus or something. While he was standing there talking, other travelers squeezed by him, paid the driver/stamped their card and went to their seats. He was utterly livid that someone would just squeeze by him like that rather than waiting for him to finish finding out whatever it was he was finding out.

I much prefer even the most crowded and "rude" American cities, myself.

But your on a bus lol.

ToxicSlurpee
Nov 5, 2003

-=SEND HELP=-

Pillbug

schnickety scribe posted:

And, what, no classic "Chendough, Chendough, 4 6 2, where the men are men and the woman is too"? You sadden me. And the hell is a "jagger bush"? You're one of those filthy, Westerner PA monsters, aren't you?

And "crick" is a word. It refers to one's own private creek in one's own backyard. :eng101:

drat right. I came straight out of the woods of NW PA. "Jagger bush" is a term for a thorn bush. It's reeeaaaaally specific to Pittsburgh and the area north of it. Where all the Polish people settled, really. We have all sorts of fascinating words in these parts.

Actually my favorite thing in college was out of state people coming to the state college I went to and absolutely, completely failing to understand anything I said a lot of the time.

There are Steeler's fans all over these parts and the only thing worse than being a fan of anybody but a Pittsburgh team is not liking sports at all. Granted here it's more of a Steelers fans vs. Browns fans for whatever reason. I quit watching basically all of them in the 90's when everybody went on strike and everybody from the owners on down was whining about not getting enough money. I was just like "love of the game my rear end."

Absurd Alhazred posted:

How many goons ARE there up here?! :psyduck:

Well everything this side of the Appalachians is pretty densely populated over all so probably a lot of them?

VendaGoat
Nov 1, 2005

Yer an Eastern PA witch. Heathen!

Benson Cunningham
Dec 9, 2006

Chief of J.U.N.K.E.R. H.Q.
Yinz jagoffs talking about my tahn?

Scathach
Apr 4, 2011

You know that thing where you sleep on your arm funny and when you wake up it's all numb? Yeah that's my whole world right now.

Fluffy-rear end mohawk post braid.

LITERALLY A BIRD
Sep 27, 2008

I knew you were trouble
when you flew in

It looks super cute like that :kimchi:

Scathach
Apr 4, 2011

You know that thing where you sleep on your arm funny and when you wake up it's all numb? Yeah that's my whole world right now.

LITERALLY A BIRD posted:

It looks super cute like that :kimchi:

Thank you :) I'm gonna have to make it fluffy more often. Somehow moving to the northwest gave it a lot more shiny red highlights, before it was this dull brown color. Now I actually like my hair.

Kitchner
Nov 9, 2012

Clapping Larry
Just for full disclosure the train isn't that busy this morning and a dude in a tweed jacket brought a puppy greyhound on the tube with him and it's super :shobon: so I'm actually not feeling utter contempt towards the world.

But this is an exception! Dont go getting any ideas.

Edit:

Kitchner has a new favorite as of 10:19 on Jan 6, 2016

RFC2324
Jun 7, 2012

http 418

PUPPY! !!

Kitchner
Nov 9, 2012

Clapping Larry
I'm the knee in the bottom of that photo by the way. Wearing grey today, just a reflection of my dead soulless husk of an existence.

Jeherrin
Jun 7, 2012

Kitchner posted:

Just for full disclosure the train isn't that busy this morning and a dude in a tweed jacket brought a puppy greyhound on the tube with him and it's super :shobon: so I'm actually not feeling utter contempt towards the world.

Edit:

Greyhound, tweed, and a copy of The Times.

All is right with the world.

schnickety scribe
Jul 5, 2015

ToxicSlurpee posted:

drat right. I came straight out of the woods of NW PA. "Jagger bush" is a term for a thorn bush. It's reeeaaaaally specific to Pittsburgh and the area north of it. Where all the Polish people settled, really. We have all sorts of fascinating words in these parts.

Actually my favorite thing in college was out of state people coming to the state college I went to and absolutely, completely failing to understand anything I said a lot of the time.
Ever ask the out of staters if they ain't got no fetchin' up?

Also, stay out the Skook, yuh goddamn NW PA freak. You probably didn't even have schnitz un knepp for New Years. :colbert:

VendaGoat posted:

Yer an Eastern PA witch. Heathen!
The PA Dutch runs thick through my veins. :buddy:

Kitchner posted:

Edit:

:swoon: Look et the puppy! It's got a teeny blanket! It just wants hugs!

Kitchner
Nov 9, 2012

Clapping Larry
It kept shifting around on its feet, I don't think it understood why the ground was moving.

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

Someone tried to bring a donkey on Dublin Bus last year, not sure if he succeeded.

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

behold i have tempered and refined thee, but not as silver; as CRAB

EmmyOk posted:

Someone tried to bring a donkey on Dublin Bus last year, not sure if he succeeded.

What an rear end.

Kitchner
Nov 9, 2012

Clapping Larry

EmmyOk posted:

No, that's just what girls in Ireland look like without instagram filters.

BOOTY-ADE
Aug 30, 2006

BIG KOOL TELLIN' Y'ALL TO KEEP IT TIGHT

Kitchner posted:

No, that's just what girls in Ireland look like without instagram filters.

Goddrat Irish people have some hairy asses

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

They have also gotten horses on the Luas (tram)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LITERALLY A BIRD
Sep 27, 2008

I knew you were trouble
when you flew in

I have taken Amadeus on the subway before but that is far less impressive than a goddamn horse.