Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
redwalrus
Jul 27, 2013

:stoke:

Lowtax posted:

Every backer of SC will receive a USB chair leg which they must stick up their rear end to log in, and it will begin thrusting when their spaceman is raped in space, for Immersion

Well, to their credit, they were the first ones to announce 2016 as the year of teledildonics:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Turmoil
Jun 27, 2000

Forum Veteran

Young Urchin

Friendly Tumour posted:

what are you going to put into your space barn?

Space cows for the procedurally generated milking game.
Mmmmm...Space milk!

Lowtax
Nov 16, 1999

by Skyl3lazer
WHAT DOES THAT EVEN MEAN

it dont matter
Aug 29, 2008

That cat. It is silently judging them, and hopefully plotting their imminent demise.

I'm not gonna post it cos it's a kid and Seraph might get over excited, but picture no. 17 in the gallery of shame is a recreation of Crobber trying to play his own game.

Lowtax
Nov 16, 1999

by Skyl3lazer
After seeing all the filthy depressing hovels these mutants dwell in, it's no wonder they want to escape into space so badly.

it dont matter
Aug 29, 2008

Tonight you die.

redwalrus
Jul 27, 2013

Lowtax posted:

WHAT DOES THAT EVEN MEAN

The filename is ALIENHACKER.jpg, he has an Inspection Camera and he's played Cyberwar.

He's ready to probe.

redwalrus fucked around with this message at 14:00 on Jan 5, 2016

it dont matter
Aug 29, 2008

...and here's where I dispose of the hooker corpses when I'm done with them

Iglocska
Nov 23, 2015
https://www.reddit.com/r/starcitizen/comments/3zj8gv/its_said_you_cant_have_a_serious_discussion_here/

Jesus, it sounds like a lot of the hardcore backers actually want this game to fail.

The Kins
Oct 2, 2004

Iglocska posted:

https://www.reddit.com/r/starcitizen/comments/3zj8gv/its_said_you_cant_have_a_serious_discussion_here/

Jesus, it sounds like a lot of the hardcore backers actually want this game to fail.
Star Citizen cannot fail. It can only be failed.

it dont matter
Aug 29, 2008

http://i.imgur.com/W5D2E40.jpg :nws:

Berious
Nov 13, 2005

Iglocska posted:

These rubes gave crobber 100mil and counting because he said evil publishers were holding him back from making the perfect game. If he has to compromise anyway then spunking all their SSDI at him was kind of pointless

redwalrus
Jul 27, 2013

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK posted:

pretty sure CIG got called on their bluff to sue the escapist

maybe you only get updates if you state the escapist as a reason when you got your refund
which of course nobody did so we'll never know

Iglocska
Nov 23, 2015

Why?......

The Kins
Oct 2, 2004
You'd think someone would perform better chroma keying on their greenscreen when doing an intricately (lovingly?) composited photo of themselves on the space shitter.

Scruffpuff
Dec 23, 2015

Fidelity. Wait, was I'm working on again?

I can't process this image. When these people imagine their space adventures, with all the possibilities in the universe, they imagine themselves taking a poo poo?

Lack of Gravitas
Oct 11, 2012

Grimey Drawer

Star Citizen: A future in which toilet paper no longer exists

redwalrus
Jul 27, 2013

Scruffpuff posted:

I can't process this image. When these people imagine their space adventures, with all the possibilities in the universe, they imagine themselves taking a poo poo?

What else are you supposed to grow food with in the botanical pods?

MeLKoR
Dec 23, 2004

by FactsAreUseless

Lack of Gravitas posted:

You just stick a vacuum hose in your rear end. It's like a dump, an enema and a wash all in one.

Daztek
Jun 2, 2006

https://www.reddit.com/r/DerekSmart/comments/3ziyll/welp_first_archive_post_of_2016/cymk3gp

bool proceduralGen = true

:downs:

Tijuana Bibliophile
Dec 30, 2008

Scratchmo

alphabettitouretti posted:

...and here's where I dispose of the hooker corpses when I'm done with them

Lol if you think he's ever done with them

Turmoil
Jun 27, 2000

Forum Veteran

Young Urchin

Lack of Gravitas posted:

The three shells are right behind him.

Tijuana Bibliophile
Dec 30, 2008

Scratchmo

dude knows his gamemaker

Tijuana Bibliophile
Dec 30, 2008

Scratchmo

Lack of Gravitas posted:

he's got a gif of a roll on his MOBIGLAS

Scruffpuff
Dec 23, 2015

How much for the LTI on the toilet paper jpeg? I like to be frugal.

SelenicMartian
Sep 14, 2013

Sometimes it's not the bomb that's retarded.

Tijuana Bibliophile posted:

Lol if you think he's ever done with them

Tijuana Bibliophile
Dec 30, 2008

Scratchmo

Scruffpuff posted:

How much for the LTI on the toilet paper jpeg? I like to be frugal.

well it's $5k for the toilet commander package

which unlocks purchasing a roll

TTerrible
Jul 15, 2005

Rendering is just sending some triangles to the gpu. That's it. :downswords:

redwalrus
Jul 27, 2013

Tijuana Bibliophile posted:

well it's $5k for the toilet commander package

which unlocks purchasing a roll

:perfect:

Beet Wagon
Oct 19, 2015

my favorite is the guy who took a picture of himself taking a poo poo in a space toilet. It's amazing.

Lack of Gravitas
Oct 11, 2012

Grimey Drawer

Beet Wagon posted:

my favorite is the guy who took a picture of himself taking a poo poo in a space toilet. It's amazing.

No pants around his ankles either, so he's just wandering around on his spaceship with it all hanging out :psyduck:

Xaerael
Aug 25, 2010

Marching Powder is objectively the worst poster known. He also needs to learn how a keyboard works.

At home
Drawing pictures
Of Jpeg spaceship
With him inside
Deep brown sea
Arms raised in a T
And his body glitched through the whole of the moon in the 'verse

Sandi didn't give attention
Oh, to the fact that Goons didn't care
King Chris the mushmouth
Ruled the 'verse

Chris Roberts lied in 10 FTC today
Chris Roberts lied in 10 FTC today

Tijuana Bibliophile
Dec 30, 2008

Scratchmo

Lack of Gravitas posted:

No pants around his ankles either, so he's just wandering around on his spaceship with it all hanging out :psyduck:

Nothing's hanging out, if you look closely you can see his cock neatly folded into the bottom of his shirt

no lie

The Kins
Oct 2, 2004

Scruffpuff posted:

Hey, not every High Adventure In Space can be transporting Martian Cocaine smuggled in hooker corpses through Vanduul-controlled Neo Puerto Rico. Sometimes you just need to sit down and ponder spending US$20,000 on the Space Bidet.

Just gotta tick the Make The Game For Me checkbox in the Build Options when compiling.

Martout
Aug 8, 2007

None so deprived

If the AI is so revolutionary and responsive why don't any of the other NPCs help this poor guy? At least put a blanket on him or something.

Lowtax
Nov 16, 1999

by Skyl3lazer

Computers is just boxes that make numbers inside of them

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

Lack of Gravitas posted:

hes getting ready for another day of space rape in the verse

not wearing pants frees up more raping time

Scruffpuff
Dec 23, 2015

The Kins posted:

Just gotta tick the Make The Game For Me checkbox in the Build Options when compiling.

"These things are so minor to implement it's not really a thing."

This attitude, clearly shared by Chris, is one of the clearest indicators that a project is doomed to failure; especially a project of this scope. Every element you add exponentially increases the likelihood of catastrophic collapse. Even systems that don't look like they should be entwined together frequently are. Perhaps they need to make a small tweak to the physics engine to accommodate the definitely confirmed upcoming feature of birds, and now none of the ships will fly right. As opposed to the flawless flight characteristics they exhibit today.

Even systems that they might not have thought about interacting with each other, but in the context of immersion, really should. How long, for example, before they are faced with the problem of deciding how FPS firearms will interact with fuel tanks on a parked ship? If a ship explodes on the landing pad, will it leave damage ruts in the floor panels? Will my spaceman trip over these ruts?

I'm overthinking this. These things are so minor to implement it's not really a thing.

it dont matter
Aug 29, 2008

Oh no Crobber is trying to play his game again, only this time he's forgotten to even pick up a controller.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Young Freud
Nov 26, 2006

Brazilianpeanutwar posted:

From the comments on this video
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qqcN6UkKfog

PirateReviewer 11 minutes ago
+BrazilianPeanutWar
Yes, you're correct. Sure they are enjoying all the money that is flowing their way, but I think this project is way too big for them to handle. Eventually, it will cancel.

It's actually refreshing to see people outside of this thread seeing SC as the scam that it is.

EminusSleepus posted:

with that union comes the space crab

Why is this the first time I've heard of this? Why haven't they put more effort into getting this in game?

I'm sorry but Giant Walking Chainsaw Space Tachikoma trumps everything else.

Young Freud fucked around with this message at 14:45 on Jan 5, 2016

• Locked thread