Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mr. Lobe
Feb 23, 2007

... Dry bones...

NewMars posted:

You know, it occurs to me, why can't you let your actual medical professional party members try and fix any of the horrible diseases your people get?

You can, The Cure is a camping skill that fixes diseases. Now why PD can't do that in town, who can say. I guess she's technically off the clock?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

paranoid randroid
Mar 4, 2007

Mr. Lobe posted:

You can, The Cure is a camping skill that fixes diseases. Now why PD can't do that in town, who can say. I guess she's technically off the clock?

the plague doctor has a camp ability that will remove diseases, actually! shes licensed, honest.

paranoid randroid fucked around with this message at 17:17 on Jan 5, 2016

Glidergun
Mar 4, 2007

NewMars posted:

You know, it occurs to me, why can't you let your actual medical professional party members try and fix any of the horrible diseases your people get?

You can! Take a Plague Doctor along on a medium+ expedition and one of their camping skills can cure diseases. Graverobbers can also cure themselves.

Now, you can't do it in the town, which is weird. Actually, it would be a little interesting if people had in-town abilities where you could set Jesters to boosting passive reduction of stress or something.

NieR Occomata
Jan 18, 2009

Glory to Mankind.

2slow nerds :c00l:

Mr. Lobe
Feb 23, 2007

... Dry bones...

Lol at the 4x answers

paranoid randroid
Mar 4, 2007
the PD doesnt work in town because working in town isnt fun. you think she went and got that fancy, slightly misspelled medikal schoool diploma for laughs? because she did

Funso Banjo
Dec 22, 2003

NewMars posted:

You can, but only while camping.

Once they're back in town, there's no way they're putting any more work in. Screw You NewMars for even thinking it's fair to ask them to put more effort in. You're the worst.

NieR Occomata
Jan 18, 2009

Glory to Mankind.

seriously that PD camping skill is so ludicrously unbelievably powerful considering its cost

eliminating a reason to send a party member away for a week for 1 cost is absurd

paranoid randroid
Mar 4, 2007
also, medical """professional""" characters, lmao

i suppose the occultist is very well educated, at least

NieR Occomata
Jan 18, 2009

Glory to Mankind.

don't you shittalk the vestal paranoid randroid

need to get yourself right with jesus imo

Soothing Vapors
Mar 26, 2006

Associate Justice Lena "Kegels" Dunham: An uncool thought to have: 'is that guy walking in the dark behind me a rapist? Never mind, he's Asian.

paranoid randroid posted:

the PD doesnt work in town because working in town isnt fun. you think she went and got that fancy, slightly misspelled medikal schoool diploma for laughs? because she did

Also when you're out in the wild beset by fishmen who want to facefuck you to death, letting Ms. Fistful of Leeches try to cure your HIV with her experimental remedies doesn't seem so bad

Back in town, not so much

FlocksOfMice
Feb 3, 2009
Clearly, the plague doctor's cure requires adrenaline in the system, the amount that could only be reached through dungeon diving. If she tried it when people were relaxing in town it just wouldn't work.

paranoid randroid
Mar 4, 2007

FlocksOfMice posted:

Clearly, the plague doctor's cure requires adrenaline in the system, the amount that could only be reached through dungeon diving. If she tried it when people were relaxing in town it just wouldn't work.

[in a pd voice] uh yeah sure, what this guy said. now eat this weird fungus and let me know if your heart stops

Koboje
Sep 20, 2005

Quack

paranoid randroid posted:

[in a pd voice] uh yeah sure, what this guy said. now eat this weird fungus and let me know if your heart stops

It would probably make sense if half the time her fungus maggot medicine actually gives a disease rather than curing one. It would be interesting to have more camp skills that have good effects but potential bad outcomes, like the Man at arms and Bounty Hunters instructing others can hurt or stress them, Highwayman might damage his gun while trying to fix it up, Occultist might accidentally put a demon in someone causing all sorts of havoc and so on, with either until next camp or end of quest modifiers if you are really unlucky. There should always be reliable minor buffs or heals though. It might solve or reduce the Camp for buffs instantly thing going on.

It should also be noted and come as no surprise that I am not at all bothered by any of the difficulties that have been added so far, the doom and gloom should be ever present I think.

paradoxGentleman
Dec 10, 2013

wheres the jester, I could do with some pointless nonsense right about now

Toxxupation posted:

don't you shittalk the vestal paranoid randroid

need to get yourself right with jesus imo

knowing how many times you are supposed to whip yourself because you thought about meat on a sunday doesnt make you well read, it makes you a loon

Coolguye
Jul 6, 2011

Required by his programming!

Koboje posted:

It would be interesting to have more camp skills that have good effects but potential bad outcomes
nobody would use them and just do another pep talk, same way nobody uses mockery or gallows humor today

hth

paranoid randroid
Mar 4, 2007
new PD camp skill: All Bleeding Stops - 50% chance to either heal 33% health or kill the character its used on

anyway, it wasnt so long ago that the PDs camp skills had a chance to simply do nothing. which is, yknow, historically accurate, but not very much fun.

also, i use gallows humor

NieR Occomata
Jan 18, 2009

Glory to Mankind.

Coolguye posted:

nobody would use them and just do another pep talk, same way nobody uses mockery or gallows humor today

hth

gallows humor is pretty good

generally speaking you'd rather have everyone with medium stress over one person with high since afflictions have a snowball effect, so if highwayman has a ton of stress, worst case scenario is still a net positive overall

plus the odds are in your favor on the roll and getting even one other person to lose 20 stress makes it unequivocally worth it

mockery sucks because jester sucks

paradoxGentleman
Dec 10, 2013

wheres the jester, I could do with some pointless nonsense right about now

Me too, it's usually worth the risk, especially since it's party wide. A single -10 stress can patch someone up for a bit but it won't blow any doors off.

Soothing Vapors
Mar 26, 2006

Associate Justice Lena "Kegels" Dunham: An uncool thought to have: 'is that guy walking in the dark behind me a rapist? Never mind, he's Asian.
stop worrying about stress you weaklings, just bring a Hero's Ring to every mission and hope for the best

Too Shy Guy
Jun 14, 2003

I have destroyed more of your kind than I can count.

Based on this recent discussion, my new head canon is that the Plague Doctor is the distant ancestor of the TF2 Medic.

NieR Occomata
Jan 18, 2009

Glory to Mankind.

NieR Occomata
Jan 18, 2009

Glory to Mankind.

thats right, soothing vapors is a jester

take that u watsonian bitch

JT Jag
Aug 30, 2009

#1 Jaguars Sunk Cost Fallacy-Haver
What would be a better way to make the Jester generally usable: make its stress buff castable from the third rank or let it use its 2nd and 3rd rank-hitting attack from the back rank?

Soothing Vapors
Mar 26, 2006

Toxxupation posted:

thats right, soothing vapors is a jester

take that u watsonian bitch

fffffffffffffffffuck

NieR Occomata
Jan 18, 2009

Glory to Mankind.

Make Harvest hit all ranks

make his dirk stab stun

seriously, he has poo poo loving accuracy which makes him a worse grave robber combined with a horrid version of a houndmaster, with less hp than the latter

if his accuracy is so bad at the very least his damage should be ludicrously high, and it just totally is loving not. the leper has poo poo acc too but basically can't loving die under any loving circumstances

jester just sucks at everything OUTSIDE OF party stress heals, and even then houndmaster is arguably better

the holy poopacy
May 16, 2009

hey! check this out
Fun Shoe

JT Jag posted:

What would be a better way to make the Jester generally usable: make its stress buff castable from the third rank or let it use its 2nd and 3rd rank-hitting attack from the back rank?

If it had to be one or the other, definitely more attacks from the 4th rank. There's a lot more competition for the 3rd rank than there is for the 4th, plus adding attacks to the 4th rank is a badly needed stealth buff to Finale (especially since bleed isn't affected by the Finale debuff.)

Disgusting Coward
Feb 17, 2014
Give him a dawg.

And for the love of god give him some more stress heal tunes because I am so tired of hearing DING DING DI DIDDLY DING DING that I just let dudes have heart attacks instead.

the holy poopacy
May 16, 2009

hey! check this out
Fun Shoe

Toxxupation posted:

seriously, he has poo poo loving accuracy which makes him a worse grave robber combined with a horrid version of a houndmaster, with less hp than the latter

if his accuracy is so bad at the very least his damage should be ludicrously high, and it just totally is loving not. the leper has poo poo acc too but basically can't loving die under any loving circumstances

:confused: The Jester has always had average accuracy, which got buffed in the last round of accuracy tweaks.

JT Jag
Aug 30, 2009

Toxxupation posted:

jester just sucks at everything OUTSIDE OF party stress heals, and even then houndmaster is arguably better
Eh, the Jester's stress heal is to the Houndmaster's stress heal as the Vestal's single-target heal is to her full party one. Sure, the party heal will, in many situations, heal more total, but I don't find myself using it much.

FairyNuff
Jan 22, 2012

Just had an email to personalise a hero.

You can pick name, starting skills, class, colour scheme, 2x positive quirks and 1x negative quirks to start.

Made a Leper with fated as one of the quirks.

AegisP
Oct 5, 2008

JT Jag posted:

Eh, the Jester's stress heal is to the Houndmaster's stress heal as the Vestal's single-target heal is to her full party one. Sure, the party heal will, in many situations, heal more total, but I don't find myself using it much.

Man, I use the party heal all the time, unless there's literally only one person taking damage. Particularly when slapping a +20% heal skills trinket on her, for whatever reason, turns a non-crit roll of 2 on the starting 1-2 heal into a 3 heal. Game rounds up I guess?

NieR Occomata
Jan 18, 2009

Glory to Mankind.

yeah vestal's party heal is arguably better than her single target especially when you get + heal trinkets and start critting for 9 heal

JT Jag
Aug 30, 2009

Toxxupation posted:

yeah vestal's party heal is arguably better than her single target especially when you get + heal trinkets and start critting for 9 heal
I hadn't thought of using it in conjunction with the heal trinkets. Those only just started dropping for me in my game. The Occultist is like 10x more reliable with one.

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

"camping can gently caress you over" is a laughable proposal. accidentally breaking your guns while cleaning them, what kind of goofball could even do that. poo poo, might as well throw in a possibility that the stress effects turns a Highwayman Retarded and he blows his face off cleaning a loaded gun, killing him instantly.

NieR Occomata
Jan 18, 2009

Glory to Mankind.

JT Jag posted:

I hadn't thought of using it in conjunction with the heal trinkets. Those only just started dropping for me in my game. The Occultist is like 10x more reliable with one.

the vestal's rare heal trinket is absurdly OP

AegisP
Oct 5, 2008
Does reaching 100% stress resist make said character immune to stress damage?

Recently found the Crusader's 20% stress resist trinket to go along with the generic 20% stress resist trinket, and was curious whether it's worthwhile to use camp skills on him to push him to 100.

NieR Occomata
Jan 18, 2009

Glory to Mankind.

AegisP posted:

Does reaching 100% stress resist make said character immune to stress damage?

Recently found the Crusader's 20% stress resist trinket to go along with the generic 20% stress resist trinket, and was curious whether it's worthwhile to use camp skills on him to push him to 100.

wasting both your trinket slots on stress resist alongside what...4 time for a stress-immune Crusader, who never really has stress problems anyways, doesn't seem worth it at all

assuming that even works, which i dunno

AngryBooch
Sep 26, 2009
Any word on what the last class, Merchant, is going to be like?

Improve Jesters by giving them a back rank attack. Make their attacks have an even higher critical chance. Give them some kind of unique ability where their critical hits automatically reduce stress on ALL characters, not on random ones, as they make some quip.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

NieR Occomata
Jan 18, 2009

Glory to Mankind.

actually as an alternative if all of the jester's abilities had increased crit chances at lower light they could arguably become OP, combined with "everyone reduces stress when the jester crits" suggestion above