Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
bloodysabbath
May 1, 2004

OH NO!
The best part is the title - nobody "needs to know about" your ridiculous arrangement that will lead to either tears, murder, suicide, or some combo of all three.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Falun Bong Refugee
Dec 14, 2015

by FactsAreUseless

bloodysabbath posted:

The best part is the title - nobody "needs to know about" your ridiculous arrangement that will lead to either tears, murder, suicide, or some combo of all three.

There seems to be a weird habit of young "journalists" learning about a new thing and then writing an entire article about how you have to know about it. What the gently caress happened to editors? I assume they still exist, why aren't they doing their loving job and slapping these people across the face?

Falun Bong Refugee fucked around with this message at 06:35 on Jan 5, 2016

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

Falun Bong Refugee posted:

. What the gently caress happened to editors? I assume they still exist, why aren't they doing their loving job and slapping these people across the face?

why? it's not like the internet is going to run out of ink

G-Mach
Feb 6, 2011

Deceitful Penguin posted:

They´re trying to get into pride in Iceland, because apparently they´re now a sexuality and not just a kink. They act like they´re being oppressed when actually oppressed folks tell them to gently caress off.

I swear, if you told me everydayfeminism was some kinda loving deep cover action to discredit real feminism, holy gently caress I would believe it. A more thunderously retarded collection of try-hard tumblrs has rarely gathered in one site to tell you why niche, stupid bullshit is super important.

Who is oppressed in Iceland?

wiffle ball bat
Oct 2, 2015

by Shine

There seems to be a weird habit of young "journalists" learning about a new thing and then writing an entire article about how you have to know about it. What the gently caress happened to editors? I assume they still exist, why aren't they doing their loving job and slapping these people across the face?

uh its to get you to click on it, to tell you that you need to know about it

Top City Homo
Oct 15, 2014

Ramrod XTreme

Nirvikalpa posted:

no Mr. Skeletal is the sissy human being, please get my ex's straight (but they're not)

It's fun and sound likes a good time

u failed

thathonkey
Jul 17, 2012
I remember when comics were fun

thathonkey
Jul 17, 2012

Actually a lot of media companies literally dont have editors any more. Like at all. Many of the newest ones probably never did. If the content doesnt piss off their ad sales dept and it is tracking well on their analytics it is good to go. Nothing good can come from this change imho but it's here.

Archer666
Dec 27, 2008
And of course this all ties into video games! Here's a fat melting grease ball talking about video game polyamory.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dMUBqXkijAw

vug
Jan 23, 2015

by Cowcaster

It's the new internet journalism thing. Articles aren't presented to you the reader by a newspaper editor any more, they're more like "off the shelf" opinions that people spam on their news feed on facebook

Decebal
Jan 6, 2010
What I don't get is why do we have to know ????? Not just with poly stuff, but other personal things like asexual or living like a cat. For some reason we MUST KNOW !

What happened to keeping that poo poo between the participants ?

Totalizator
Nov 9, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 3 years!

Decebal posted:

What I don't get is why do we have to know ????? Not just with poly stuff, but other personal things like asexual or living like a cat. For some reason we MUST KNOW !

What happened to keeping that poo poo between the participants ?

They think they're oppressed like the gays, so everyone needs to see the garbage fire that is their private lives which will undoubtedly result in legalizing poly marriages.

thathonkey
Jul 17, 2012

vug posted:

It's the new internet journalism thing. Articles aren't presented to you the reader by a newspaper editor any more, they're more like "off the shelf" opinions that people spam on their news feed on facebook

it started with internet journalism and blogs and poo poo but now big established outlets are starting to experiment with the model because it's way cheaper.

i would point to companies that started on the internet like huffington post and bleacher report etc for paving the way for this amatuer hour bullshit though

Decebal
Jan 6, 2010
Millennials strike again !

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

HuffPo is weird because it's both a traditional news outlet and an Internet-weirdo opinion-piece aggregator at once

so, like, you're reading an article about rising tensions between Iran and Saudi Arabia and the sidebar is full of links to very important photo galleries of fat women in bikinis

Frosted Flake
Sep 13, 2011

Semper Shitpost Ubique

Everydayfeminism, XoJane and Jezebel are also pushing an agenda, so it's not like they'd worry about dialling it down.

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Im glad my instant dislike in you has been validated again and again.

Archer666 posted:

And of course this all ties into video games! Here's a fat melting grease ball talking about video game polyamory.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dMUBqXkijAw

oh jim stearling. he is a fat cuck too.

Jerry Steinfeld
Dec 25, 2012
Somewhere in this thread, noted game developer and non-monogamy expert ANTHONY BURCH resides

OH GOD THERE HE IS

Horniest Manticore
Nov 23, 2013

Hello, you!
Lipstick Apathy
CONFIRMED CUCK

Comfy Fleece Sweater
Apr 2, 2013

You see, but you do not observe.

Jerry Steinfeld posted:

Somewhere in this thread, noted game developer and non-monogamy expert ANTHONY BURCH resides

OH GOD THERE HE IS

He thought he was gonna get rear end if he agreed to let men gently caress his wife all weekend lol

Archer666
Dec 27, 2008

Jerry Steinfeld posted:

OH GOD THERE HE IS

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MBGaAsRsGcM

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Im glad my instant dislike in you has been validated again and again.

Jerry Steinfeld posted:

OH GOD THERE HE IS

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XshS_6evfp4

here is his wedding, its pathetic and cringe.

Nirvikalpa
Aug 20, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

Dapper_Swindler posted:

Sounds like a really enjoyable and chill time

Comfy Fleece Sweater
Apr 2, 2013

Dapper_Swindler posted:

Wow

This is amazing

Comfy Fleece Sweater
Apr 2, 2013

Nirvikalpa posted:

Sounds like a really enjoyable and chill time

I mean most people take it somewhat more seriously, i.e. Not hiring a dungeon master to marry them reading quotes from a videogames book

Nice hug at the end instead of a kiss like most humans do

Decebal
Jan 6, 2010

Don Tacorleone posted:

I mean most people take it somewhat more seriously, i.e. Not hiring a dungeon master to marry them reading quotes from a videogames book

Nice hug at the end instead of a kiss like most humans do

Kissing's for the "bull", buddy. Get with the times

Top City Homo
Oct 15, 2014

Ramrod XTreme
why dont these beta bitch bois just rent out their rear end for a week?

they always need to be convinced by their giant wife girlfriend that they should just let them be hosed because its the understanding way of living but if they weren't such terrible people they would just let a man put some lipstick on them and have them gently caress them right in the rear end instead of outsourcing it to gelatinous rex and wanking in the corner

Comfy Fleece Sweater
Apr 2, 2013

Top City Homo posted:

they always need to be convinced by their giant wife girlfriend that they should just let them be hosed because its the understanding way of living but if they weren't such terrible people they would just let a man put some lipstick on them and have them gently caress them right in the rear end instead of outsourcing it to gelatinous rex and wanking in the corner

in this case, he worked to convince her to go get railed so he could maybe get sex(from men or women, not picky)

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

Top City Homo posted:

He tried that too and it didn't work either

InsanityIsCrazy
Jan 25, 2003

by Lowtax
hmm, smellin pretty Hellish in here!

phasmid
Jan 16, 2015

Booty Shaker
SILENT MAJORITY
What's a good chemistry-based name for poly people? Like we have the nuclear family on one hand and then...like, what's a good name for an unstable compound that threatens to explode constantly? Isotope families?

>not a chem major.

Decebal
Jan 6, 2010
Carbon binds with everything I think

Dean of Swing
Feb 22, 2012

InsanityIsCrazy posted:

hmm, smellin pretty Hellish in here!

Just wait till Tezzor comes back.

Drunkboxer
Jun 30, 2007

phasmid posted:

What's a good chemistry-based name for poly people? Like we have the nuclear family on one hand and then...like, what's a good name for an unstable compound that threatens to explode constantly? Isotope families?

>not a chem major.

poison

ArbitraryC
Jan 28, 2009
Pick a number, any number
Pillbug

phasmid posted:

>not a chem major.

Something to do with spontaneous reactions because they don't stop until they hit rock bottom.

e: though this would probably be confusing because the chemistry version of spontaneous means something completely different than how people regularly use the word spontaneous (ie out of the blue/at random). In chemistry a spontaneous reaction is one that after it's passed is activation barrier will be self fueling until all reactants are consumed to form the lower energy products, ie burning something is spontaneous even though you need to start the fire as it will keep burning on it's own after that.

ArbitraryC fucked around with this message at 18:39 on Jan 5, 2016

BottledBodhisvata
Jul 26, 2013

by Lowtax
I think these people want to leave in some post-monogamy society but in truth, humans just want somebody to care for them and stand with them and share the beauty of love with them and I don't think these people really get it.

Like, love is the most cruel and most kind of all emotions, and it can make you do terrible and wonderful things and it can inspire you and destroy you. It isn't something to be given out lightly, nor thrown away readily. If I've learned anything about love, it is this.

Nirvikalpa
Aug 20, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

Top City Homo posted:

i would pay money to peg someone like that

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

Nirvikalpa posted:

i would pay money to peg someone like that

That description perfectly matches the majority of male prostitutes so you're in luck!

InsanityIsCrazy
Jan 25, 2003

by Lowtax

loquacius posted:

That description perfectly matches the majority of male prostitutes so you're in luck!

"Now I need you to scream "I'm only doing this because my wife told me to!" "

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nirvikalpa
Aug 20, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
What kind of sex life do you think Clochette has

• Locked thread