Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
eviltastic
Feb 8, 2004

Fan of Britches
If anyone wants some light reading on the subject, google tells me the text of the ATF ruling is also out. https://www.atf.gov/file/100896/download

e: derp, that was just one of 'em. https://www.atf.gov/rules-and-regulations/firearms-rulings and go to the end for it.

eviltastic fucked around with this message at 18:29 on Jan 5, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Ugh we're never going to be free of Romneys or Bushes are we.

Radbot
Aug 12, 2009
Probation
Can't post for 3 years!

Salt Fish posted:

The easier it is to make a good argument the less justified someone is for making a bad one. If they're so dumb then a good faith breakdown of their core message should be easy. Social security is something that you pay for in advance so its not exactly sucking off a teat.

Statistically most people taking SS today will not have contributed what they will take out, just FYI. I'm not going to do a good faith breakdown of what some racist moron says, you can go ahead though.

BlueBlazer
Apr 1, 2010

LeeMajors posted:

Sounds like one of my college camping trips.

What a bunch of phonies.

Should send a girl scout troop to camp out next to them. Would be hilarious. They would do so much better.

Mo_Steel
Mar 7, 2008

Let's Clock Into The Sunset Together

Fun Shoe
Obama comes out of side of research and science, claims "they work."

SubponticatePoster
Aug 9, 2004

Every day takes figurin' out all over again how to fuckin' live.
Slippery Tilde

Salt Fish posted:

Don't you think this is a pretty lovely point? If that guy paid taxes he should be eligible for social security regardless of possibly having some nonspecific bad opinion. Just because the government helps him in one way doesn't mean that it can't do other things wrong. It's really a non-sequitur as far as this situation is concerned.
I think people are laughing at the hypocrisy of someone who says the federal government is bad and horrible and wants to engage in an armed standoff with them being unable to attend because he hasn't yet received his benefit from the federal government that wouldn't exist if their protest was taken to its logical conclusion. Not that he gets SS, pretty much everyone here thinks the program should be expanded and that folks should get more out of it. Like I would also point and laugh at a leftwing anti-vaxxer who came down with the measles.

OAquinas
Jan 27, 2008

Biden has sat immobile on the Iron Throne of America. He is the Master of Malarkey by the will of the gods, and master of a million votes by the might of his inexhaustible calamari.

BlueBlazer posted:

Should send a girl scout troop to camp out next to them. Would be hilarious. They would do so much better.

That sounds about as good as setting up a daycare next to a dingo farm though.

Sir Tonk
Apr 18, 2006
Young Orc

Joementum posted:

Quote of the day, "This is not a plot to take away everybody's guns." ~ Barack Obama, announcing his plan to grab all your guns.

Taqiya! :jihad:

Alkydere
Jun 7, 2010
Capitol: A building or complex of buildings in which any legislature meets.
Capital: A city designated as a legislative seat by the government or some other authority, often the city in which the government is located; otherwise the most important city within a country or a subdivision of it.

gradenko_2000 posted:

Well if it's so cold then how can global wAFHJASKJIJAISJHH---

Wanna ask these guys "If Global Warming, Why Cold?" So very much now just to mock them. Then again they likely wouldn't get the joke.

Maybe attached to a box of sugar free gummy bears/gum. Or perhaps a box of frozen hot pockets to taunt them if they have no source of heat since the feds will soon be shutting off power (on the off chance the building has a microwave).

icantfindaname posted:

Romney was an old business android pressed into service in a different job than he was built for, Rubio is the new and improved model. Now with Hispanic and Youth Appeal

It might have worked if Trump-bot's jammers weren't set to specifically fill those bands of the voter spectrum with hateful noise.

sit on my Facebook
Jun 20, 2007

ASS GAS OR GRASS
No One Rides for FREE
In the Trumplord Holy Land

FOX News is going to be insufferable today.

Aves Maria!
Jul 26, 2008

Maybe I'll drown
Today?

Luigi Thirty
Apr 30, 2006

Emergency confection port.

I guess Obama cried too which is proof he's a commie liberal queer false flag gun stealer Benghazi-doer

A Winner is Jew
Feb 14, 2008

by exmarx

Luigi Thirty posted:

I guess Obama cried too which is proof he's a commie liberal queer false flag gun stealer Benghazi-doer

8/10

No mention of muslim or atheist.

Cythereal
Nov 8, 2009

I love the potoo,
and the potoo loves you.

Luigi Thirty posted:

Now, now. Hillary did Benghazi, Obama's Muslim.

ass struggle
Dec 25, 2012

by Athanatos
when is he actually going to do an executive action?

he has announced it like 8 times

foobardog
Apr 19, 2007

There, now I can tell when you're posting.

-- A friend :)

zoux posted:

If you're not ready for the Chelsea/Malia Democratic primary to unseat President Jenna Bush, I don't know what to tell you.

eviltastic
Feb 8, 2004

Fan of Britches
Lol, we went from OH GOD IT'S THE 2013 41P STUFF AGAIN to ending CLEO signoffs. I take it back, this really is about background checks.

That has me thinking the rest of the changes are going to be minor and built to survive any court challenge, and also to make the inevitable all-the-guns-taken freakout look more crazy. This stuff's not a big deal.

sparatuvs posted:

when is he actually going to do an executive action?

he has announced it like 8 times

Yesterday, apparently.
https://www.atf.gov/file/100896/download
https://www.atf.gov/file/100886/download

emdash
Oct 19, 2003

and?

and going into effect in 179 days, i guess? actually not sure when it hits the federal register. but sometime around 2 july

Godlessdonut
Sep 13, 2005

A Winner is Jew posted:

8/10

No mention of muslim or atheist.

Atheist is implied by "commie liberal."

Luigi Thirty
Apr 30, 2006

Emergency confection port.

*dances into thread* Lumping the mentally ill in with mass murderers doesn't help reduce the stigma against seeking diagnosis or treatment. This might be counterproductive. *dances out of thread*

SpiderHyphenMan
Apr 1, 2010

by Fluffdaddy
Any governors react yet to Obama's announcement today?

Torpor
Oct 20, 2008

.. and now for my next trick, I'll pretend to be a political commentator...

HONK HONK

eviltastic posted:

Lol, we went from OH GOD IT'S THE 2013 41P STUFF AGAIN to ending CLEO signoffs. I take it back, this really is about background checks.

That has me thinking the rest of the changes are going to be minor and built to survive any court challenge, and also to make the inevitable all-the-guns-taken freakout look more crazy. This stuff's not a big deal.

Yesterday, apparently.
https://www.atf.gov/file/100896/download
https://www.atf.gov/file/100886/download

That is a strange change as NFA firearms probably make up a veery small portion of guns used in crimes. I mean the change makes sense but it won't actually do much to fix the problem.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

SpiderHyphenMan posted:

Any governors react yet to Obama's announcement today?

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
What's the joke behind "sugar-free gummy bears"?

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost

haveblue posted:

What's the joke behind "sugar-free gummy bears"?

They cause diarrhea.

TheDisreputableDog
Oct 13, 2005
"If we can save the life of just one child, we have to do it!"

*wipes tear away after photo shoot, kills child of his own citizen via drone, shoots hoops*

QuoProQuid
Jan 12, 2012

Tr*ckin' and F*ckin' all the way to tha
T O P

zoux posted:

The Adamses managed to stay politically prominent for about one hundred and fifty years so...

sit on my Facebook
Jun 20, 2007

ASS GAS OR GRASS
No One Rides for FREE
In the Trumplord Holy Land

TheDisreputableDog posted:

"If we can save the life of just one child, we have to do it!"

*wipes tear away after photo shoot, kills child of his own citizen via drone, shoots hoops*

Hahahaha you're such a stupid rear end in a top hat

Alfred P. Pseudonym
May 29, 2006

And when you gaze long into an abyss, the abyss goes 8-8

Obama took all of my guns just now and I'm on the train car to the FEMA camp and I have to get gay married and Facebook is charging me a monthly fee.

Senf
Nov 12, 2006

Alfred P. Pseudonym posted:

Obama took all of my guns just now and I'm on the train car to the FEMA camp and I have to get gay married and Facebook is charging me a monthly fee.

yeah but Twitter might let you enter 10,000 characters soon

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

The Brookings Institute: Anything he does will be weak, and uppity, if he actually does a gun ban, it won't last the time it takes to dry - :smug: Yesterday before Obama roundhouse kicked all future gun owners

Inferior Third Season
Jan 15, 2005

funtax posted:

Distillery equipment, but close enough. His head is also present at the scene of Luke's murdered family.
IG-88 being on Tatooine finally resolves the contadictory claims that those blast points were too accurate for sandpeople, and the suggestion that stormtroopers could hit anything at all. Yet another example of Obi-Wan's numerous lies.

I'm sure he's not aware of this, but Madison's writings are not definitive of what the founding fathers intended, even if one wants to believe in the idiotic notion that the framers' intent should mean jack poo poo today. The first two major American political parties main point of contention was the relative power of the federal government versus the States. For the most part, Madison and the anti-federalists lost.

Joementum
May 23, 2004

jesus christ

Guess who also wrote the second amendment which includes the words "well regulated" :ssh:

Taerkar
Dec 7, 2002

kind of into it, really

stinkles1112 posted:

Hahahaha you're such a stupid rear end in a top hat

He's the inspiration of my next children's book: "The Saddest Little Concern Troll"

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal

Senf posted:

yeah but Twitter might let you enter 10,000 characters soon

If it encourages people to write one blog post instead of three dozen tweets in a row, good.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Here's his actual statement:

Joementum posted:

Guess who also wrote the second amendment which includes the words "well regulated" :ssh:

What's the case law on that clause, by the way? Why does it seem to be completely ignored in American jurisprudence?

blue squares
Sep 28, 2007

I wanna throw a stick in the spokes of Greg Abbot's dumb wheelchair

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

I hope you guys like the word "trampled" because you're about to hear it a whole bunch.

eviltastic
Feb 8, 2004

Fan of Britches

Torpor posted:

That is a strange change as NFA firearms probably make up a veery small portion of guns used in crimes. I mean the change makes sense but it won't actually do much to fix the problem.

That's why I'm saying they actually mean it when they're talking background checks - the main point of gun trusts is evading the signoff requirement, not the background check. If this were about being as aggressive as possible with gun control under a pretext, they'd have kept the signoff requirement.

Still reading, but thus far this strikes me as housekeeping stuff that's being talked up like a major thing because right now is a great time for Dems to stir the pot.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

The blue glow is a feature, not a bug

Pillbug

zoux posted:

What's the case law on that clause, by the way? Why does it seem to be completely ignored in American jurisprudence?

Basically, the NRA packed the Judicial Committee to for the past few decades to ensure that only judges that are friendly to the 2nd Amendment get picked up, and its had a direct effect on the interpretation of the 2nd in the Federal Courts

• Locked thread