Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Geight
Aug 7, 2010

Oh, All-Knowing One, behold me!
The rules are stupid but I still think it's really cool that an arcade beat em up adheres to the letter and spirit of the D&D world so well.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sage Grimm
Feb 18, 2013

Let's go explorin' little dude!
Kills a little old lady by shouting righteously at her. :allears:

EDIT: Then attempted to dump a barrel's volume of burning oil to kill a dragon of all things. That didn't quite work, so he battered the dragon a couple times and used a lightning ring to apparently one-shot it.

Sage Grimm fucked around with this message at 19:05 on Jan 5, 2016

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo
Man, the runner had some rough luck/nerves in this run, I think every fast kill/strat didn't go his way.

edit: oh, he's a fellow Brazilian!

Croccers
Jun 15, 2012
Neat, this D&D thing was more interesting than I thought it was.

AegisP
Oct 5, 2008
Someone please save this announcer.

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

That was easily the most interesting of these beat 'em ups

Geight
Aug 7, 2010

Croccers posted:

Neat, this D&D thing was more interesting than I thought it was.

It's probably one of the cooler beat em ups, honestly. Lots of branching paths, solid combat, and every character has something neat going for them.

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo
If you never played the DnD beat 'em ups, you probably should. They're full of weird stuff, special moves and all characters are VERY different. That one is probably my favorite game in that genre.

fart barterer
Aug 24, 2006

David Byrne - Like Humans Do (Radio Edit).mp3

Geight posted:

It's probably one of the cooler beat em ups, honestly. Lots of branching paths, solid combat, and every character has something neat going for them.

Yeah I stumbled across it when I built a MAME machine and was really impressed. Capcom late-gen CPS2 at the top of their game.

It was re-released in HD for modern consoles (PS3 and 360 I think?) and extra content if anyone is interested in trying it.

Your Computer
Oct 3, 2008

Grimey Drawer
Metroid race? That reminds me of something
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=92uRLwrQG8E

Veib
Dec 10, 2007

androo posted:

It was re-released in HD for modern consoles (PS3 and 360 I think?) and extra content if anyone is interested in trying it.

It's on PC as well (which means you probably should've bought it last week when it was on sale on the Steam Christmas sale).

Croccers
Jun 15, 2012

Geight posted:

Yeah I noticed that they seemed to have a lot of variety and options in it apart from just PUNCH MAN

Kite Pride Worldwide
Apr 20, 2009

What is this music

Internet Kraken
Apr 24, 2010

slightly amused
Metroid Fusion was my first 2D Metroid so I always like to see it run. Its one of the few games I tried to speedrun as a kid too!

NieR Occomata
Jan 18, 2009

Glory to Mankind.

Alabaster White posted:

What is this music

are you talking about the shovel knight first stage music

Schurik
Sep 13, 2008

Internet Kraken posted:

Metroid Fusion was my first 2D Metroid so I always like to see it run. Its one of the few games I tried to speedrun as a kid too!

You just reminded me that the first and only game I ever tried to Speedrun was Metal Gear Solid for the Game Boy Color, coincidentally the only MGS I've ever played until 5 came along

NieR Occomata
Jan 18, 2009

Glory to Mankind.

just fyi that's the best track in that game and Totally Owns, but it's literally the very first music you hear in the game and nothing after it lives up anywhere close to it

Kite Pride Worldwide
Apr 20, 2009

Toxxupation posted:

are you talking about the shovel knight first stage music

Yes

NieR Occomata
Jan 18, 2009

Glory to Mankind.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wqAYMZSOQao here you go

Internet Kraken
Apr 24, 2010

slightly amused

Toxxupation posted:

just fyi that's the best track in that game and Totally Owns, but it's literally the very first music you hear in the game and nothing after it lives up anywhere close to it

I think most of the music in Shovel Knight is really good honestly and I usually hate retro stuff.

JesseHechtCREATIVE
Feb 20, 2013

​ Creative New Content Weekly

Cuisine
Reviews
Entertainment
Animation
Toys
Images
Videogames
Everything!
Oh god, the Yakuza Spider Fight in the top right...

NieR Occomata
Jan 18, 2009

Glory to Mankind.

Internet Kraken posted:

I think most of the music in Shovel Knight is really good honestly and I usually hate retro stuff.

it's good, no doubt

but plains of passage is the Hottest of All Possible Bangers and everything else is "pretty good"

like plains of passage is up there with the best single tracks in a video game alongside half of the undertale OST and literally everything in the nier OST

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!
hey y'all what did I miss in the last eight hours

Schurik
Sep 13, 2008

Hot drat them's some good chiptunes

JesseHechtCREATIVE
Feb 20, 2013

Cuisine
Reviews
Entertainment
Animation
Toys
Images
Videogames
Everything!
FINALLY I HEAR BLUEGLASS!

I missed that guy. I'm loving all of the races so far and Metroid is gonna be great!

Alfalfa The Roach
Oct 13, 2012

You need to be a badass first.

Toxxupation posted:

it's good, no doubt

but plains of passage is the Hottest of All Possible Bangers and everything else is "pretty good"

like plains of passage is up there with the best single tracks in a video game alongside half of the undertale OST and literally everything in the nier OST

Propeller Knight is also a completely fantastic track, and also King Knight, Tinker Knight, and the Tower of Fate levels have great music too.

Your Computer
Oct 3, 2008

Grimey Drawer

Toxxupation posted:

it's good, no doubt

You're insane, the best track is High Above the Land :colbert: And pretty much all of the music in Shovel Knight is amazing.

e: also, the announcer is getting on my nerves with his "you HAVE to donate to the thing I want you HAVE TO" shtick.

Internet Kraken
Apr 24, 2010

slightly amused
Honestly this is my favorite track from the game; https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H-oPvcdS-JE

I don't think you can pick a wrong one though.

....so is this race ever gonna start? :v:

JesseHechtCREATIVE
Feb 20, 2013

Cuisine
Reviews
Entertainment
Animation
Toys
Images
Videogames
Everything!

Your Computer posted:

You're insane, the best track is High Above the Land :colbert: And pretty much all of the music in Shovel Knight is amazing.

e: also, the announcer is getting on my nerves with his "you HAVE to donate to the thing I want you HAVE TO" shtick.

That may be the best level theme, but the best boss theme is the midboss / wandering traveler theme, playing now. Have you heard the lyric version? AMAZING!

Geight
Aug 7, 2010

It's never fun with an incentive isn't met so I don't mind when donation readers push them hard near the end.

NieR Occomata
Jan 18, 2009

Glory to Mankind.

Your Computer posted:

You're insane, the best track is High Above the Land :colbert:

nah, plains of passage edges that one :crossarms:

i will declare it an Honorary Banger

Serperoth
Feb 21, 2013

Dang the 2P1C is rising fast. Reader guy is entertaining AND helpful

JesseHechtCREATIVE
Feb 20, 2013

Cuisine
Reviews
Entertainment
Animation
Toys
Images
Videogames
Everything!

Internet Kraken posted:

Honestly this is my favorite track from the game; https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H-oPvcdS-JE

I don't think you can pick a wrong one though.

....so is this race ever gonna start? :v:

It will once the tech problems stop... And it looks like they are...

Dezinus
Jun 4, 2006

How unsightly.

Geight posted:

It's never fun with an incentive isn't met so I don't mind when donation readers push them hard near the end.

Except when they just do it anyway (Doom Twitch faces)

Internet Kraken
Apr 24, 2010

slightly amused
Samus is cool and this will be a good speedrun of Samus blowing goop monsters up.

Internet Kraken fucked around with this message at 19:43 on Jan 5, 2016

Kite Pride Worldwide
Apr 20, 2009

This one guy's voice is awful

Schurik
Sep 13, 2008

Ah, a race. Let's put the same timer on the screen three times to increase tension and clarity, shall we?

something
Aug 1, 2011

Have you ever seen
The most pure look of delight
On a Babby's face?

Pillbug
To be fair, it's useful for the end when one runner is done but the other's aren't.

JesseHechtCREATIVE
Feb 20, 2013

Cuisine
Reviews
Entertainment
Animation
Toys
Images
Videogames
Everything!
The timers stop individually for each run. :)

Wow, dat Serris kill!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo
look at that donation meta

• Locked thread