Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

megalodong
Mar 11, 2008

I don't know what he was expecting with taht leak, but it doesn't make me think "oh wow the devs and gms are corrupt and terrible, he was right".

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pillow Armadillo
Nov 15, 2005

"Beware the Jabberwock, my son!"

Anarch posted:

Lowtax needs an invite on Blue. This is not a drill.

I'm on. Tell him to hit me up on Klaymen if still playing.

aparmenideanmonad
Jan 28, 2004
Balls to you and your way of mortal opinions - you don't exist anyway!
Fun Shoe

megalodong posted:

I don't know what he was expecting with taht leak, but it doesn't make me think "oh wow the devs and gms are corrupt and terrible, he was right".

It's almost like this whole staff conspiracy drama thing is all in his tiny paranoid head.

iNteg
Dec 17, 2007

aparmenideanmonad posted:

It's almost like this whole staff conspiracy drama thing is all in his tiny paranoid head.

This is basically the Internet is text form, complete with memes.

Tashan Dorrsett
Apr 10, 2015

by Deplorable exmarx
in case you haven't noticed, most of the people deeply invested into project 1999 including myself are on some level mentally ill or disabled
the thread on the p99 forums where multiple members of staff & dev's seriouspost discuss their autism and aspergers is a good one in particular

gay for gacha
Dec 22, 2006

someone on red with a bard should pull all of the over there for me and get me levels 31-46. Thanks in advance

Anarch
Feb 22, 2011

In the midnight hour...
Colqhoun is the bomb. Thanks for the BP; we need to farm the crap out of TT!

Also, Aatrek needs a guild invite. This is not a test.

Anarch fucked around with this message at 02:37 on Jan 1, 2016

pepito sanchez
Apr 3, 2004
I'm not mexican
Gave up on my bard at level 28. She got boring :(

Going back to classic nostalgia of an Erudite necro. Already level 10. Oddly, no one wanted to take the name Aatrek??

The only thing that's biting me in the rear end is how the starting factions for Eru/Nec aren't like classic. I'm KOS to all int casting guilds in Neriak. I made a post about it in the bug forums, but I doubt they'll fix this inconsistency.

Anyways I need an invite, but it's hard finding an officer online.

Not_Rainbow_Horse
Nov 11, 2013

pepito sanchez posted:

Gave up on my bard at level 28. She got boring :(

Going back to classic nostalgia of an Erudite necro. Already level 10. Oddly, no one wanted to take the name Aatrek??

The only thing that's biting me in the rear end is how the starting factions for Eru/Nec aren't like classic. I'm KOS to all int casting guilds in Neriak. I made a post about it in the bug forums, but I doubt they'll fix this inconsistency.

Anyways I need an invite, but it's hard finding an officer online.

"I'm not mexican"

this is your problem. UG is a mexican goon guild. only mexicans. we wont even show up on '/who all' unless you're mexican.

moolchaba
Jul 21, 2007
If anyone needs an invite to UG on blue server, I'll be on tonight with either Sirduh or Sirelk.

ChairmanMauzer
Dec 30, 2004

It wears a human face.
Interesting 50+ UG 4 man group yesterday in SolB, but I think we should maybe find somewhere more worthwhile to hunt in the future. Ha ha.

That being said, even with the death, still managed to get 10%+ exp for the endeavor.

Pwnz0r
Sep 21, 2005
Always thought there was a rule against a guide or GM playing on the same server while retaining their staff access on P1999. But apparently on red, there is a guide who is also free to play his normal character. Normally it wouldn't really be an issue, but considering Red99 gets almost no attention from GMs/guides in response to petitions regarding trains, LNS violations, spam, all around dickery(they do help out greatly with the corpse summons, bugs etc usually but the rest just sits there forever or gets deleted outright). Anyway, a few times now people have ran into this player, who apparently has the o-k to play and guide on red at the same time. I have heard a few incidents of people getting instantly suspended by said guide within minutes of an incident occurring to him or around him pvp or pve related. Just makes me curious, He can enforce the rules on the spot whenever he deems fit. But other people who have to deal with the same bs or worse, nothing. It wouldn't be so bad, but apparently hes very open about it to the point of sending tells on his non-guide character saying "see ya in 2 weeks!" before person gets suspended. I always remember this was a big no for the server, Maybe I misread and it was a GM-only thing. But on red, Suspensions still go a LONG WAY in creating issues. Obviously the staff are unpaid, deal with lots of bullshit they shouldn't have to put up with etc but I don't see how this isn't a conflict of interest. Yeah he cant summon items or do major stuff like a GM. but again, being able to suspend someone for a matter of time or indefinite until a GM can resolve an issue(on red this can take weeks or longer to resolve) it can put people out of play for a while. Hopefully just a few actual violations where the person did something rule breaking indeed otherwise when this person hits 60, no one will even dare go near this person unless they have multiple characters to play if one eats a suspension.

insulated staircase
Aug 21, 2014

are you gonna tell us the guide and character names or is this just more agatha nonsense?

Anarch
Feb 22, 2011

In the midnight hour...

Pwnz0r posted:

Always thought there was a rule against a guide or GM playing on the same server while retaining their staff access on P1999. But apparently on red, there is a guide who is also free to play his normal character. It wouldn't be so bad, but apparently hes very open about it to the point of sending tells on his non-guide character saying "see ya in 2 weeks!" before person gets suspended.
Consider red...

eke out
Feb 24, 2013

a real jerk posted:

are you gonna tell us the guide and character names or is this just more agatha nonsense?

I believe you have already answered your question.

iNteg
Dec 17, 2007

Pwnz0r posted:

Always thought there was a rule against a guide or GM playing on the same server while retaining their staff access on P1999. But apparently on red, there is a guide who is also free to play his normal character. Normally it wouldn't really be an issue, but considering Red99 gets almost no attention from GMs/guides in response to petitions regarding trains, LNS violations, spam, all around dickery(they do help out greatly with the corpse summons, bugs etc usually but the rest just sits there forever or gets deleted outright). Anyway, a few times now people have ran into this player, who apparently has the o-k to play and guide on red at the same time. I have heard a few incidents of people getting instantly suspended by said guide within minutes of an incident occurring to him or around him pvp or pve related. Just makes me curious, He can enforce the rules on the spot whenever he deems fit. But other people who have to deal with the same bs or worse, nothing. It wouldn't be so bad, but apparently hes very open about it to the point of sending tells on his non-guide character saying "see ya in 2 weeks!" before person gets suspended. I always remember this was a big no for the server, Maybe I misread and it was a GM-only thing. But on red, Suspensions still go a LONG WAY in creating issues. Obviously the staff are unpaid, deal with lots of bullshit they shouldn't have to put up with etc but I don't see how this isn't a conflict of interest. Yeah he cant summon items or do major stuff like a GM. but again, being able to suspend someone for a matter of time or indefinite until a GM can resolve an issue(on red this can take weeks or longer to resolve) it can put people out of play for a while. Hopefully just a few actual violations where the person did something rule breaking indeed otherwise when this person hits 60, no one will even dare go near this person unless they have multiple characters to play if one eats a suspension.

-Greengrocer, 2016 :tinfoil::tinfoil::tinfoil::tinfoil::tinfoil::tinfoil::tinfoil::tinfoil:

If you're going to make really broad accusations, at least have some sort of good proof to back it up. I'm talking other than "I have my suspicions that this is happening!", otherwise take that poo poo to /r/p1999uncut or whatever loving tinfoil hat subreddit exists for people like you.

iNteg fucked around with this message at 17:49 on Jan 3, 2016

aparmenideanmonad
Jan 28, 2004
Fun Shoe
I thought Leontius/Llandris were supposed to be Swish, who are they supposed to be now?

Tomahawk
Aug 13, 2003

HE KNOWS
FWIW I recently started boxing on p2002 and despite the low population at the moment, it addresses the majority of my frustrations with p99 (a single server not being meant for 8 raiding guilds for one). And the devs are actually responsive and it's not Classic in spite of what is sane. If you're getting bored with p99 give it a shot. Velious just launched and Luclin is up next (some Luclin stuff is already enabled like Vah Shir/BSTs and Luclin spells).

insulated staircase
Aug 21, 2014

Tomahawk posted:

FWIW I recently started boxing on p2002 and despite the low population at the moment, it addresses the majority of my frustrations with p99 (a single server not being meant for 8 raiding guilds for one). And the devs are actually responsive and it's not Classic in spite of what is sane. If you're getting bored with p99 give it a shot. Velious just launched and Luclin is up next (some Luclin stuff is already enabled like Vah Shir/BSTs and Luclin spells).

aids server. play on takproject or become my enemy.

Hexel
Nov 18, 2011

What is p2002 and is it in the eqemu list

Tomahawk
Aug 13, 2003

HE KNOWS

crew posted:

What is p2002 and is it in the eqemu list

http://p2002.com

aparmenideanmonad
Jan 28, 2004
Fun Shoe
P2002 and TAKProject are both newish emulators that are or will be PoP era EQ with a 3 box limit. TAKProject aims to replicate EQMac and is using the Mac (or hacked up for PC) client. P2002 are people who were involved with TAKProject but splintered off to do things differently, and they are allegedly less focused on remaking EQMac. Also currently uses the Mac client but may use a PC specific version eventually.

I haven't played on either server, but if you want something with boxing, moon cats, beastlords, AA, and PoK (eventually), that has fewer real people playing than Red99, then they're worth checking out.

aparmenideanmonad fucked around with this message at 03:07 on Jan 4, 2016

insulated staircase
Aug 21, 2014

also p2002 is entirely a clone of takproject with much much less dev work done on the part of their staff(vs the TAK staff) and only serves to splinter an already small playerbase and should be THROWN IN THE loving GARBAGE

TAKPROJECT BITCH

Pwnz0r
Sep 21, 2005

a real jerk posted:

For one, I am not agatha. so maybe re think your own posts first? This happened to my friend and guildmate after he went from a simple 2 week suspension which turned into a 4 week suspension after poo poo-talking in game to the guides regular character. After which a counter petition and a talk with a GM had it reduced back down to a 2 week suspension when he apologized. Also I feel no need to drag names into it because I don't want to fuel it, seems like just posting about it here was bad enough so I will leave it alone. fyi I don't read any of those p99 sub reddits so, no idea what you are rambling about.

insulated staircase
Aug 21, 2014

you're either agatha, agatha's "brother", or some other variant of insane red99 pill addict

who are you?

FranktheBank
May 14, 2007
In the beginning...the universe was created. his has been widely regarded as a bad move and has made a lot of people very angry.
:gary: :yikes: :yarg:

FranktheBank fucked around with this message at 04:10 on Jan 5, 2016

Pwnz0r
Sep 21, 2005
Like I said, I am not agatha. I don't know what this "brother" in quotes is referring to, nor red99 pill addict. But from what I CAN read from past history is you are very much a forumquest warrior who plays on blue, and probably dabbles on red. Good luck.

iNteg
Dec 17, 2007

Pwnz0r posted:

For one, I am not agatha. so maybe re think your own posts first? This happened to my friend and guildmate after he went from a simple 2 week suspension which turned into a 4 week suspension after poo poo-talking in game to the guides regular character. After which a counter petition and a talk with a GM had it reduced back down to a 2 week suspension when he apologized. Also I feel no need to drag names into it because I don't want to fuel it, seems like just posting about it here was bad enough so I will leave it alone. fyi I don't read any of those p99 sub reddits so, no idea what you are rambling about.

Wait, please name names. If you're going to even post about it and be vague you're doing nothing but poo poo posting with no real content, no proof other than he said she said.

khysanth
Jun 10, 2009

Still love you, Homar

iNteg posted:

Wait, please name names. If you're going to even post about it and be vague you're doing nothing but poo poo posting with no real content, no proof other than he said she said.

It's even worse than the vague/depressing status updates on FB

Myrddin_Emrys
Mar 27, 2007

by Hand Knit
Remember the old post pics or it didn't happen macro?

cinder
Aug 25, 2000
Been having fun with KC pick up groups the last week or so and managed to get my gnome rogue, Shonen, to level 53 this weekend. I strongly encourage the Something Awful P99 community to shower me with haze panther armor at this point in time. Every time I try and say what's up to an UG member they all shun me and act like they don't know what SA is. :ohdear: A guild I had never heard of asked me to join while in a basement group so I got tagged and am enjoying green text.

ChairmanMauzer
Dec 30, 2004

It wears a human face.
Heh. I would have invited ya.

FranktheBank
May 14, 2007
In the beginning...the universe was created. his has been widely regarded as a bad move and has made a lot of people very angry.

Tashan Dorrsett
Apr 10, 2015

by Deplorable exmarx
Agatha duckman isn't pwnz0r, I thought the same thing for a while.

Tinfoil aside that's rather concerning if a guide is actively playing a character on red. Definitely not something that's been allowed in the past. The really concerning part is that they made another red player a guide, that position is just as cursed as "gbs mod"

Arakan
May 10, 2008

After some persuasion, Fluttershy finally opens up, and Twilight's more than happy to oblige in doing her best performance as a nice, obedient wolf-puppy.

Tashan Dorrsett posted:

Agatha duckman isn't pwnz0r, I thought the same thing for a while.

Jupe (pwnz0r) is Agatha's brother. In other news I knew I should've transferred all my stuff to blue before I stopped playing. What am I gonna do with 40 blue diamonds now there's like no one left playing on red to sell jewelry to? Maybe discord will come out soon

aparmenideanmonad
Jan 28, 2004
Fun Shoe

Tashan Dorrsett posted:

Tinfoil aside that's rather concerning if a guide is actively playing a character on red. Definitely not something that's been allowed in the past. The really concerning part is that they made another red player a guide, that position is just as cursed as "gbs mod"

I'm pretty sure I remember in one of GG/Moregan's stream interview tell-alls that it's policy for guides to be able to play on the servers, even while on their guide accounts, but they're not allowed to be in the same zone as their own character, interact with their character's guildmates, or get involved with any guiding surrounding their character's actions. He told the story like he didn't get why he couldn't be in the same zone as his play characters and that it was a dumb rule.

At any rate, I would assume that Sirken and Rog keep a pretty sharp eye on guide actions these days given the bullshit explosions of the past year or so.

Hexel
Nov 18, 2011

Its almost like if you dont raid and play on blue you never have any problems at all :shobon:

Mrens
Feb 21, 2004

I finally motivated myself enough to get the hell out of Kunark. I made very steady progress for a while, and then I had the brilliant idea "Hey if this small relatively unknown dungeon like MM always has a group imagine how packed a zone like Lake of Ill Omen will be"

For the past two weeks I've been camped out here, a few partnerships one or two fort groups, but mostly I log on /who and go play diablo. I finally learn MM is a big leveling hub, I only went there for the first time because I happened to roll a HElf

Atreus
Sep 20, 2005
I've got a 19 Cleric, 22 SK, and 30 Enc, with the Enc being the preference.

Where are the optimal places I should go? Guk has been pretty much a wash.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

aparmenideanmonad
Jan 28, 2004
Fun Shoe
I'd do unrest with cleric and SK until mid 20s though you can go longer if you get pit groups. SK might be rough in the house if you're a troll/ogre - lots of ducking required. Highkeep goblins are great from 25ish-35ish assuming you can get in the group and there's no high level dicks farming ears, so that might be a good place to get through 30 on your enc. You could also go to Mistmoore with all of them and just play whichever has a group available, though the ZEM and XP per mob isn't quite as good as HK or Unrest.