Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
JB50
Feb 13, 2008

Crowd shot of teenroast:

Looks like 40-50 people max. They just do this to boost their egos right? There cant be any money in these dumass things.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Snatch Duster
Feb 20, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

symbolic posted:

i think it technically is

1995-present is Gen Z

then why is goons posting poo poo about teens who aren't millennials?

Not_Rainbow_Horse
Nov 11, 2013

Snatch Duster posted:

that's a dangerous question.

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

Snatch Duster posted:

because Gen Z is even worse than millennials

Snatch Duster
Feb 20, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

symbolic posted:

well yea because they are kids. Also kids that from birth (for the most part) have had xboxs and smart phones. How wouldn't they be terrible?

Bottom Liner
Feb 15, 2006

a specific vein of lasagna

symbolic posted:

:agreed:

Rename thread Gen-Z.jpg

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

Snatch Duster posted:

well yea because they are kids. Also kids that from birth (for the most part) have had xboxs and smart phones. How wouldn't they be terrible?
the oldest Gen Zers are 21 and still insufferable

Snatch Duster
Feb 20, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

symbolic posted:

the oldest Gen Zers are 21 and still insufferable

Yea, I met one once. Holy moly she was p dumb.

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

one thing a computer can do that most humans can't is be sealed up in a cardboard box and sit in a warehouse
Slippery Tilde

symbolic posted:

i have no idea

Vine stars are all stupid anyways

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TzpAYv0AP68

Alpha Mayo
Jan 15, 2007
hi how are you?
there was this racist piece of shit in your av so I fixed it
you're welcome
pay it forward~

Snatch Duster posted:

I don't get it. How can a millennials be born starting in 1980 and end with ones born in 2000? Tell me how a 16 year old has the same generational culture as a 36 year old? That is nuts. Even a 19 to a 29 is huge gap.

Personally the start date should be '80 and the end date like '95.

Past generations have all been about 20 years actually. I think the difference is that technology/Internet hit critical mass in mid 90's and culture changed much faster than usual, so now the older Millennials don't really identify with the younger Millennials.

Lufiron
Nov 24, 2005

Meta Ridley posted:

Past generations have all been about 20 years actually. I think the difference is that technology/Internet hit critical mass in mid 90's and culture changed much faster than usual, so now the older Millennials don't really identify with the younger Millennials.

so people who came of age in the 60s had a similar experience culturally as those who did in the 70s?

FedEx Mercury
Jan 7, 2004

Me bad posting? That's unpossible!
Lipstick Apathy

Snatch Duster posted:

I don't get it. How can a millennials be born starting in 1980 and end with ones born in 2000? Tell me how a 16 year old has the same generational culture as a 36 year old? That is nuts. Even a 19 to a 29 is huge gap.

That's why generational labels don't mean squat. Hell there are plenty of people born in the same year as me that I am embarrassed to call 'peer', much less kids 15 years younger.

Madcosby
Mar 4, 2003

by FactsAreUseless

this is honestly one of the greatest things ive ever seen

OMFG FURRY
Jul 10, 2006

[snarky comment]
stop arguing about which generation that isnt you and post more pictures of 20somethings doing dumb poo poo

Prav
Oct 29, 2011

i think that the millennial and gen-z generations got named in the wrong order

Snaxxor
Jan 18, 2005

cool giraffe with
cool sunglasses
I would argue that there should be a minor hiccup before millennials. Say.... 1980-1990 should be something on it's own. Anything after 1991 I would prefer not to be associated with, at all if possible.

hawowanlawow
Jul 27, 2009

I say we designate 1989 as the "cool" birth year

soy
Jul 7, 2003

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Snatch Duster posted:

I was born in '83 and my generational culture involves modems, text based bulletin boards, AOL, and actually having a non-ironic Nintendo. I feel that it is unfair that I am a millennial. Nobody even had a term for my generation until the last couple of years and somehow I get lumped in with all these selfie stick bitch babies.

Son of Rodney
Feb 22, 2006

ohmygodohmygodohmygod

HURRRRR

MILLENIUULLLSSSSSSSSSSUUUCK

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

soy posted:

I was born in '83 and my generational culture involves modems, text based bulletin boards, AOL, and actually having a non-ironic Nintendo. I feel that it is unfair that I am a millennial. Nobody even had a term for my generation until the last couple of years and somehow I get lumped in with all these selfie stick bitch babies.

People in their 30's are just as bad about taking stupid rear end pictures of themselves though. There's just less duckface and hanging tongue.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

If you think about it teens right now are like a cartoon version of 80's excess, the younger kids will grow up to think they look lame and go back to gothy grunge moping and being super melodramatic. So I guess y'all have that to look forward to in the next couple of years.

thathonkey
Jul 17, 2012

Snatch Duster posted:

millennials created all this poo poo that is why we deserve the blame. it's not gen z fault we cmpletely hosed up every single thing possible like the generations before did us

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

thathonkey posted:

millennials created all this poo poo that is why we deserve the blame. it's not gen z fault we cmpletely hosed up every single thing possible like the generations before did us
yeah, gently caress you, dad!

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

Why the hell did it go generation X, millennial, Z. Whos naming this poo poo? Also I distinctly remember as a kid they called us generation Y. At least Nickolodean did I think. Don't think I even heard the term millennial until like 2008.

thathonkey
Jul 17, 2012

NESguerilla posted:

Why the hell did it go generation X, millennial, Z. Whos naming this poo poo? Also I distinctly remember as a kid they called us generation Y. At least Nickolodean did I think.

well that made too much sense also what comes after Z?

Ratjaculation
Aug 3, 2007

:parrot::parrot::parrot:

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

thathonkey posted:

This supports my theory that Gen Z is the last generation of humans who won't be born into an apocalyptic wasteland.

hawowanlawow
Jul 27, 2009

thathonkey posted:

the A1 thick and hearty generation

Pham Nuwen
Oct 30, 2010

radiatinglines posted:

the A1 thick and hearty generation

Year of the Trial-Size Dove Bar

Prav
Oct 29, 2011

thathonkey posted:

Generation

Comfy Fleece Sweater
Apr 2, 2013

You see, but you do not observe.

My weapon of choice is the steroid

UnfortunateSexFart
May 18, 2008

𒃻 𒌓𒁉𒋫 𒆷𒁀𒅅𒆷
𒆠𒂖 𒌉 𒌫 𒁮𒈠𒈾𒅗 𒂉 𒉡𒌒𒂉𒊑

NESguerilla posted:

People in their 30's are just as bad about taking stupid rear end pictures of themselves though. There's just less duckface and hanging tongue.

This isn't my experience. Taking a selfie is considered unbelievably vain and silly by most people I know (35).

Danny LaFever
Dec 29, 2008

Grimey Drawer

symbolic posted:

i think it technically is

1995-present is Gen Z

PFFT. What the gently caress does my six month old have in common with someone born in Clinton's first term?

edit
Oh both unemployed with no hope of a future?

Bloody Hedgehog
Dec 12, 2003

💥💥🤯💥💥
Gotta nuke something

radiatinglines posted:

I say we designate 1989 as the "cool" birth year

The only cool years occured before 1980.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

Reverse Centaur posted:

This isn't my experience. Taking a selfie is considered unbelievably vain and silly by most people I know (35).

Same, then they just hand their phone off to a friend to take tons of pictures of them barbecuing or hiking or eating at a restaurant or some other dumb poo poo no one else cares about.

No. 9
Feb 8, 2005

by R. Guyovich

Madcosby posted:

this is honestly one of the greatest things ive ever seen

The only difference is he's successful in real life unlike most Vine stars.

Comfy Fleece Sweater
Apr 2, 2013

You see, but you do not observe.

This is so loving stupid but around vine #154 I lost it at "Big cheerio!"

So this is what it takes to be famous in 2016 huh

thathonkey
Jul 17, 2012
pretty sure this person is not famous i made it through about 10 seconds of the video though so that's somethin good for him i guess

Madcosby
Mar 4, 2003

by FactsAreUseless

No. 9 posted:

The only difference is he's successful in real life unlike most Vine stars.

oh thats kinda a let down, i was hoping social media made him crazy

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ProperCauldron
Oct 11, 2004

nah chill
take solace, we'll all be dead soon

• Locked thread