Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Bloody
Mar 3, 2013

i bought the literal last panasonic plasma sold

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

exe cummings
Jan 22, 2005

we made a curved screen so you can focus on what matters most - the glare of literally any light source behind you

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

EDIT: bloody, i think we once discussed how we have the same model of panasonic, gt60 or something?

i thought they had near bezel'less tvs out already? swore i saw some with some thin as gently caress bezels

carry on then
Jul 10, 2010

by VideoGames

(and can't post for 10 years!)

my 10-bit quantum dot animes

neutral milf hotel
Oct 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
*forced dialog*
Fat man on screen: has it already been a year since we were here?

fat man's liver: ugh

Fat man on screen: ugh ghre ughre blarhgh 'tvs'

fat man's diabetes: whoa

White Fat man on screen: world's first bezeless screen ... 88 inches (not a randomly selected number)

Bloody
Mar 3, 2013

Vintersorg posted:

EDIT: bloody, i think we once discussed how we have the same model of panasonic, gt60 or something?

i thought they had near bezel'less tvs out already? swore i saw some with some thin as gently caress bezels

idk its possible

computer toucher
Jan 8, 2012

Jimmy Carter posted:

my first thought was "ugh ESD safety"

you're not alone. that thumb. uhnggghh.....

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

those tvs look pretty good tho, even with this poo poo streaming quality

Bloody
Mar 3, 2013

Jimmy Carter posted:

my first thought was "ugh ESD safety"

esd safety basically doesnt matter

qirex
Feb 15, 2001

samsung's ui is so bad they had to bring the guy responsible out to explain it to you

carry on then
Jul 10, 2010

by VideoGames

dude needs to figure out whether he wants his blazer buttoned or not

poty
Jun 21, 2008

虹はどこで終わるのですか? あなたの魂の中で、または地平線で?
lol what a waste of time and effort. i dont even have a tv

computer toucher
Jan 8, 2012

Bloody posted:

esd safety basically doesnt matter

neither does eating in a restaurant while wearing your hat but it's still gross.

carry on then
Jul 10, 2010

by VideoGames

computer toucher posted:

neither does eating in a restaurant while wearing your hat but it's still gross.

you must really like it when intel brings a wafer on stage

mad.radhu
Jan 8, 2006

Fun Shoe
who gives a poo poo about an 8k TV

poty
Jun 21, 2008

finally i can communicate with my family who lives at home. and buy razors. thanks sarnsung fridge.

Elder Postsman
Aug 30, 2000

i used hot bot to search for "teens"

Vintersorg posted:

i have a panasonic plasma too!! it's the cheapo TC-P42C2 tho.

Elder Postsman
Aug 30, 2000

mad.radhu posted:

who gives a poo poo about an 8k TV

can human eyes even tell the difference between 4k and 8k at normal screen sizes and viewing distances

Fuzzy Mammal
Aug 15, 2001

Lipstick Apathy
zt60 checking in. probably wasn't worth it.

Cat Face Joe
Feb 20, 2005

goth vegan crossfit mom who vapes

Elder Postsman posted:

can human eyes even tell the difference between 4k and 8k at normal screen sizes and viewing distances

seriously looking forward to this and all the nerds who claim they can

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Elder Postsman posted:

they can't tell 1080p vs. 4k at anything below 60" at normal viewing distances

Fabricated
Apr 9, 2007

Living the Dream
copy apple's shittiest laptop, genius

neutral milf hotel
Oct 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

Fabricated posted:

copy apple's shittiest laptop, genius

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

“Samsung has strongly reinvigorated the home appliance space with fresh thinking and functionality that have taken appliances from a ‘need’” to a ‘want’. With the new and innovative Family Hub Refrigerator, we are transforming the communal kitchen experience for consumers in ways that will re-define how they view and use their refrigerator,” said John Herrington, Senior Vice President, General Manager of Home Appliances, Samsung Electronics America. “Now more than ever, we are delivering in a big way on the promise of the Internet of Things, not only in refrigeration but in cooking, with a new Wi-Fi-connected range that takes cooking convenience to a new level.”

Family Hub Refrigerator Makes Its Debut
The Samsung Family Hub Refrigerator is a sophisticated multi-tasker that reconnects families, organizes groceries and home tasks, and provides entertainment.

The Family Hub is just that – a hub of household connections, but with a thoroughly digital twist. All communications are housed and displayed on a 21.5 inch full HD LCD resolution screen located on the upper right exterior door. As the refrigerator’s digital family command center, the screen allows you to post, share and update calendars, pin photos, share treasured kids’ works of art, and leave notes – all with the ease and convenience of your smartphone.

poty
Jun 21, 2008

i really liked the sling tv guy and his presentation. apple should buy them imo

trilljester
Dec 7, 2004

The People's Tight End.
Unfortunately, the process com.samsung.freezer has stopped.

qirex
Feb 15, 2001

Endless Mike posted:

they can't tell 1080p vs. 4k at anything below 60" at normal viewing distances

false

that said 8k is just dickwaving since they make all their money on high res phone/tablet displays so this is just them trying to not have low-res TV production lines

qirex
Feb 15, 2001

cayden, stop putting 999 boxes of pop tarts on the shopping list

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003

qirex posted:

Shaggar
Apr 26, 2006

qirex posted:

Elder Postsman
Aug 30, 2000

Pinterest Mom posted:

“Samsung has strongly reinvigorated the home appliance space with fresh thinking and functionality that have taken appliances from a ‘need’” to a ‘want’. With the new and innovative Family Hub Refrigerator, we are transforming the communal kitchen experience for consumers in ways that will re-define how they view and use their refrigerator,” said John Herrington, Senior Vice President, General Manager of Home Appliances, Samsung Electronics America. “Now more than ever, we are delivering in a big way on the promise of the Internet of Things, not only in refrigeration but in cooking, with a new Wi-Fi-connected range that takes cooking convenience to a new level.”

Family Hub Refrigerator Makes Its Debut
The Samsung Family Hub Refrigerator is a sophisticated multi-tasker that reconnects families, organizes groceries and home tasks, and provides entertainment.

The Family Hub is just that – a hub of household connections, but with a thoroughly digital twist. All communications are housed and displayed on a 21.5 inch full HD LCD resolution screen located on the upper right exterior door. As the refrigerator’s digital family command center, the screen allows you to post, share and update calendars, pin photos, share treasured kids’ works of art, and leave notes – all with the ease and convenience of your smartphone.

wait, what? why the gently caress does my range need a wifi connection?

like, ok, i can kind of get fridge, like track what's in there or whatever, but a range? i don't understand. why.

Phoenixan
Jan 16, 2010

Just Keep Cool-idge
IoT means putting as many things as possibel on the internet

Migishu
Oct 22, 2005

I'll eat your fucking eyeballs if you're not careful

Grimey Drawer
idIoT

Elder Postsman
Aug 30, 2000

internet of things is real bad

Shaggar
Apr 26, 2006
I think it will be cool once all the dust settles and theres a iot standard so I can have like lights and heat controlled from a standard place. I don't really care about fridgeputers but theres plenty of home automation stuff that would be a nice to have once its streamlined.

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA
:xickos:

Elder Postsman posted:

wait, what? why the gently caress does my range need a wifi connection?

like, ok, i can kind of get fridge, like track what's in there or whatever, but a range? i don't understand. why.

do they explain why at all or do they just say they have a wi-fi range

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA

Shaggar posted:

I think it will be cool once all the dust settles and theres a iot standard so I can have like lights and heat controlled from a standard place. I don't really care about fridgeputers but theres plenty of home automation stuff that would be a nice to have once its streamlined.

i can see a benefit in actual home automation, but just adding buttons on an app to turn everything on and off adds nothing valuable. they need to put an interface in all this stuff in order to move on to the actual useful part, but in the meantime it's all going to be stupid

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA

they have a amazon echo clone here in china made by jd, which is china's version of amazon, and a bunch of "smart devices" integrate into it so they can be voice controlled. there's a few voice controlled microwave ovens, which makes no sense to me because you can't use a microwave without physically being there anyway, and there's even a voice controlled toilet

pram
Jun 10, 2001
nope

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Elder Postsman
Aug 30, 2000

fart simpson posted:

do they explain why at all or do they just say they have a wi-fi range

quote:

Now available with Wi-Fi connectivity, this range leverages Internet of Things (IoT) in a practical innovation that lets you monitor your cooktop and oven remotely. You can preheat and adjust oven cooking temperatures all from your smart phone as well as monitor the cooktop elements to make sure you’ve turned them off.

that's all i can find.

• Locked thread