Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ultramiraculous
Nov 12, 2003

"No..."
Grimey Drawer

bobkatt013 posted:

He could be an executive transvestite

I'd lean toward Action Transvestite.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

JD
Jan 11, 2003
Rusty inherited the Venture fortune twice!

Super excited for new Venture

JMBosch
May 28, 2006

You're dead.
That's your greatest weapon.

bobkatt013 posted:

He could be an executive transvestite

ultramiraculous posted:

I'd lean toward Action Transvestite.
I believe the term would be [Executive] Superhero Realness.

Machai
Feb 21, 2013

Trans-American

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost
It's a little close to The Tick's "American Maid".

Machai
Feb 21, 2013

Maiden America

TK-42-1
Oct 30, 2013

looks like we have a bad transmitter

Pick posted:

It's a little close to The Tick's "American Maid".

Didn't Jackson write for The Tick?

Dynamite Dog
Dec 12, 2012

Yes, he wrote the funeral/eulogy episode.

door Door door
Feb 26, 2006

Fugee Face

Looks like the rumors were true.

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost
Eight episodes. Well, it is what it is.

Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Dec 22, 2005

GET LOSE, YOU CAN'T COMPARE WITH MY POWERS
Hey maybe one of them will be an hour long, that'd be cool. I'm kind of imagining it is a "10 episode" thing though, and gargantua-2 counted as 2 of them.

Pepe Silvia Browne
Jan 1, 2007
Probation
Can't post for 6 hours!

door Door door posted:

Looks like the rumors were true.

So, how is Doc going to ruin JJ's fortune in 8 episodes?

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

You’re telling me Peter Parker is ...... Spider-man!?

THA TITTY THRILLER posted:

So, how is Doc going to ruin JJ's fortune in 8 episodes?

You think its going to take him that long?

tarlibone
Aug 1, 2014

it's in the mighty hands of steel
Fun Shoe
I hope he doesn't squander it and ruin the empire. Venture Bros. is more fun when there's less of the "how are we going to pay the bills" and more of the "Doc, why did you create this horrible device?" and other Doc shenanigans. There is so much more room for failure if he has money than there is if he doesn't.

feedmyleg
Dec 25, 2004
My life is much more rich than before I clicked into this thread today. I am excited.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to

tarlibone posted:

I hope he doesn't squander it and ruin the empire. Venture Bros. is more fun when there's less of the "how are we going to pay the bills" and more of the "Doc, why did you create this horrible device?" and other Doc shenanigans. There is so much more room for failure if he has money than there is if he doesn't.

Yea, I hope that Venture Industries is pretty much idiot proof. It's so successful that Doc blowing money on bad inventions won't bankrupt the company.

I am fully prepared for this season to be full of Marvel references. I hope Dr Orpheus gets his own Sanctum Sanctorium.

fishmech
Jul 16, 2006

by VideoGames
Salad Prong
Doc will attempt to bankrupt the company but all the bonehead things he does will somehow result in the company doing even better, and this will persist no matter what he tries.

JT Jag
Aug 30, 2009

#1 Jaguars Sunk Cost Fallacy-Haver

fishmech posted:

Doc will attempt to bankrupt the company but all the bonehead things he does will somehow result in the company doing even better, and this will persist no matter what he tries.
At first, Doc is driven by jealousy: he wants to show he's better than Jonas was. But all his attempts to become independently successful fail, and he eventually tries to gently caress over Venture Industries out of spite. But Jonas planned for the future so well that no matter what Doc does, he can't put the company in the red.

Arrath
Apr 14, 2011

Somehow, Doc gets waxxed. So Dean takes over the mantle of super science and uses the resources available to him at Venture NY to rebuild a cloning facility and clones his father. He unwittingly clones JJ doing this as well, who later makes his way out of Doc again and then takes the company back :v:

feedmyleg
Dec 25, 2004
But the reason the company is making money is horrific, and the harder he tries the worse it gets.

Vanrushal
Apr 2, 2005

I thought my Spitter was a Jockey!
So the Adult Swim Venture Bros stream has been airing Season 2 on repeat for at least the past several days. Do I have a special hosed up version of the stream or is this just what we're getting for the time being?

FedEx Mercury
Jan 7, 2004

Me bad posting? That's unpossible!
Lipstick Apathy
Don't even post in here if you don't own all the discs and haven't wasted hours of your life listening to inane commentary.

TK-42-1
Oct 30, 2013

looks like we have a bad transmitter

notZaar posted:

Don't even post in here if you don't own all the discs and haven't wasted hours of your life listening to inane commentary.

But it's unironically the best commentary I e ever heard.

BIG HEADLINE
Jun 13, 2006

"Stand back, Ottawan ruffian, or face my lumens!"

fishmech posted:

Given that they've always said the general overarching theme of the show is failure, it'd make sense that when the characters actually *try* to fail, that they'd end up loving it up and succeeding instead.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

bone shaking.
soul baking.

BIG HEADLINE posted:

Given that they've always said the general overarching theme of the show is failure, it'd make sense that when the characters actually *try* to fail, that they'd end up loving it up and succeeding instead.

They said the failure line once back in like season 2 or 3. It's just been something that people have latched onto.

Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Dec 22, 2005

GET LOSE, YOU CAN'T COMPARE WITH MY POWERS
it is still a show though, he's right about that part

Neo_Crimson
Aug 15, 2011

"Is that your final dandy?"
I hope the Doc ends up with even more money by the end of the season (through incredibly underhanded means), having him snap back to the status quo would be way too predictable.

ultramiraculous
Nov 12, 2003

"No..."
Grimey Drawer

TK-42-1 posted:

I know more about holes in Doc Hammer's apartment than I ever wanted to know.

fishmech
Jul 16, 2006

by VideoGames
Salad Prong
Doc has to get used to being fully rich again while in some place other rich people are actually around (instead of wherever in the Rockies), and is annoyed when he has to mix in the high society circles he was required to be in when his dad was still alive.

Dazerbeams
Jul 8, 2009

Doc gets way too attached to NY high rise living and gets serious about paying the bills.

SeanBeansShako
Nov 20, 2009

Now the Drums beat up again,
For all true Soldier Gentlemen.

Dazerbeams posted:

Doc gets way too attached to NY high rise living and gets serious about paying the bills.

I'm kind of hoping he somehow gets his musical going and that seems to oddly pay for whatever mistakes that will eventually happen.

Also, still sad the EU company that did the Adul Swim DVD's folded in like 2012 as I still cannot have series 5 on DVD without getting a multi region DVD player. Boo.

SomeJazzyRat
Nov 2, 2012

Hmmm...

BIG HEADLINE posted:

I imagine that the plot will be, Doc discovers a 'Producers'-esq ploy that by causing bankruptcy, he will profit. That or he just doesn't want to be in charge and it's his only way of getting out. Or maybe he just wants to be a petty dick. Anyways, his attempt at bankruptcy ends up failing exactly like the Producers, but the trajectory of his failure shows that by continuing on plan he will increase his fortune tenfold. Where upon exactly at that moment, his fortune turns and he pisses off the shareholders and tanks his stock value. In the end, his company has lost most of it's profitability, but still holds too many assets to qualify for bankruptcy.

Though I would put money on Rusty putting up a scheme, and all of his Old Money Investors are too wise to fraudulent schemes to fall for it. Cue threat of blackmail or legal action.

Hedrigall
Mar 27, 2008

by vyelkin
Please keep writing this enthralling Venture Bros fan fiction. Screw super villains and super science, this season should be all about accounts and finance! Comedy gold!

Kesper North
Nov 3, 2011

EMERGENCY POWER TO PARTY

TK-42-1 posted:

Ever heard Frakes spend two hours taking the piss out of Star Trek: Insurrection with a drunk Marina Sirtis? It's pretty far up there.

JT Jag
Aug 30, 2009

#1 Jaguars Sunk Cost Fallacy-Haver

Hedrigall posted:

Please keep writing this enthralling Venture Bros fan fiction. Screw super villains and super science, this season should be all about accounts and finance! Comedy gold!
Where did we say that the entire season should be about this? We're just tossing out one potential recurring plotline, out of many.

BIG HEADLINE
Jun 13, 2006

"Stand back, Ottawan ruffian, or face my lumens!"

Kesper North posted:

Ever heard Frakes spend two hours taking the piss out of Star Trek: Insurrection with a drunk Marina Sirtis? It's pretty far up there.

I definitely need to hear this now.

EDIT: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iac3zRH6nis (it almost is better without the video)

Pepe Silvia Browne
Jan 1, 2007
Probation
Can't post for 6 hours!

Hedrigall posted:

Wooooo! I'm having Monstroso attack Venture with paperwork! Weeee!

Nostalgia4Infinity
Feb 27, 2007

10,000 YEARS WASN'T ENOUGH LURKING

BIG HEADLINE posted:

I definitely need to hear this now.

EDIT: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iac3zRH6nis (it almost is better without the video)

Oh-oh my goodness :magical:

Arrath
Apr 14, 2011

:riker: Should we tell them we were naked in the hot tub?
:troi: We were naked in the hot tub.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Duckbox
Sep 7, 2007

twistedmentat posted:

Yea, I hope that Venture Industries is pretty much idiot proof. It's so successful that Doc blowing money on bad inventions won't bankrupt the company.

I am fully prepared for this season to be full of Marvel references. I hope Dr Orpheus gets his own Sanctum Sanctorium.

I finally get why Captain Sunshine has a "sanctum solarium." I need to read more comics.