Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!
Gokaiger finale is a good fight

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Reds
Jun 15, 2015

I sense someone talking about... GUNDAM!
My favourite fights are Kuuga's. The brawling is very refreshing compared to normal toku fights.

Modern Heisei lacks people staring each other down and circling for a while before actually starting.

Vandar
Sep 14, 2007

Isn't That Right, Chairman?

Tae posted:

Gokaiger finale is a good fight

That's such a one sided fight and I love it.

drrockso20
May 6, 2013

Has Not Actually Done Cocaine
Zyuranger has so far had pretty good fight choreography, also for being incredibly goofy, Dora Circe is also pretty drat terrifying, think it has to do with how it's victims react to it's actions(also that fat kid's pants falling off is hilarious)

Akett
Aug 6, 2012

It's not a typical toku fight, but I goddamn loved in Kabuto when the Cassis worm fought in human form against Gatack. He looks like a hilarious nerd, so when he went up against Gatack I was like "Haha, look at this nerd, are we supposed to take him- :stare:SERIOUSLY?!" It came down to the fact that they took full advantage of the fact that the actor wasn't in a bulky suit so he could just wail as fast as he could to sell the craziness of the worm even before he pulled out his time stop power.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

I love the Legend War and the fight from the Fourze movie where they used every Switch and Wizard was there and it was okay because his series hadn't started yet and he was still cool.

Vandar
Sep 14, 2007

Waffleman_ posted:

I love the Legend War and the fight from the Fourze movie where they used every Switch and Wizard was there and it was okay because his series hadn't started yet and he was still cool.

Most Rider movie fights these days tend to be pretty awesome because they all have that scene where the main Rider just unloads all of his powers one at a time.

Double unloading everything onto Eternal was great. :swoon:

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
I still don't know wtf was up with eternal. Did anyone like that dude enough to warrant a movie dedicated to him?

Reds
Jun 15, 2015

I sense someone talking about... GUNDAM!

Serious Frolicking posted:

I still don't know wtf was up with eternal. Did anyone like that dude enough to warrant a movie dedicated to him?

He was played by some celebrity, that's about it.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007

Reds posted:

He was played by some celebrity, that's about it.

oh, i guess that would explain why some old dude wearing 20 lbs of makeup got so much focus.

Vandar
Sep 14, 2007

I liked him. :shrug: His movie wasn't as good as Accel's (though few things are), but I still enjoyed it.

SpiderHyphenMan
Apr 1, 2010

by Fluffdaddy
The first duel between Takeru and Juuzo in Shinkenger is amazing, as is the fight between Hiromu and Enter in Go-Busters when Hiromu tries to take him down one on one after the big reveal in the endgame.

Also the final Goseiger battle is pretty great.

Some Numbers
Sep 28, 2006

"LET'S GET DOWN TO WORK!!"
I thought the final battle in Go-Busters was pretty awesome.

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747
The end of Sambasaurs gets an honorable mention. Not a great fight but they sing the goddamn theme song to save the day.

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

Some Numbers posted:

I thought the final battle in Go-Busters was pretty awesome.

Both of them were. :v:

Some Numbers
Sep 28, 2006

Motto posted:

Both of them were. :v:

Okay, you got me. The final battle with Messiah was great, but the actual final battle with Enter was awesome.

SpiderHyphenMan
Apr 1, 2010

by Fluffdaddy
Shinkenger, Goseiger, Gokaiger, and Go-Busters all have some of the best final battles, in terms of action alone, in the franchise (I watched all of them five years ago on YouTube before they were taken down for copyright), which makes it a real shame that Kyoryuger and ToQger went with "RED GETS ALL THE CREDIT! SOLO SHOT!" and Ninninger is probably gonna do the same thing :(.

Some Numbers
Sep 28, 2006

SpiderHyphenMan posted:

Shinkenger, Goseiger, Gokaiger, and Go-Busters all have some of the best final battles, in terms of action alone, in the franchise (I watched all of them five years ago on YouTube before they were taken down for copyright), which makes it a real shame that Kyoryuger and ToQger went with "RED GETS ALL THE CREDIT! SOLO SHOT!" and Ninninger is probably gonna do the same thing :(.

I still give ToQ more points in that regard, because it was more thematically set up over the previous arc and ToQ Rainbow was awesome.

jivjov
Sep 13, 2007

But how does it taste? Yummy!
Dinosaur Gum

Some Numbers posted:

I still give ToQ more points in that regard, because it was more thematically set up over the previous arc and ToQ Rainbow was awesome.

Yeah; the climax fight of ToQger involved the entire team, and even the final shot from the cannon had the backing of ToQ 2-6. Right takes center stage for a bit in the middle, but overall it was a team effort.

Hemingway To Go!
Nov 10, 2008

im stupider then dog shit, i dont give a shit, and i dont give a fuck, and i will never shut the fuck up, and i'll always Respect my enemys.
- ernest hemingway
I'm hoping that between Red having a job and the commercial where he's the responsible one that this time around Red will be smart and responsible, maybe if he is and not just poochie it won't matter as much that he gets most of the focus... which he does already, he already has a second form and mecha and a unique weapon as well as definitely being the perspective character since he's a human and not a disney's zootopia

Twelve by Pies
May 4, 2012

Again a very likpatous story

Dexie posted:

I liked him. :shrug: His movie wasn't as good as Accel's (though few things are), but I still enjoyed it.

The only thing I really liked about it is that it showed that Utopia guy threw himself at any sketchy research plan to become their guinea pig.

Light Gun Man
Oct 17, 2009

toEjaM iS oN
vaCatioN

Lipstick Apathy
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EOOgDwjmO-I

jivjov
Sep 13, 2007

Dinosaur Gum
So I finished up After V Season 2 today...I wasn't really enjoying it as much as Season 1 up until the final episode, which was amazing.

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

I'm not making a fucking QCS thread for this but seriously can we take a harder stance on Kiwifarms freaks like this guy, Jesus Christ seriously, you used to be better at knocking these creeps down. I guess ADTRW mods aren't responsible like GBS mods are.
I'm using a Japanese proxy for Netflix and it looks like there's some Toku!

Kamen Rider Decade All Rider vs Dai Shocker
Kamen Rider W & Decade
Kamen Rider OOO & W feat Skull
Kamen Rider Fourze The Movie
Kamen Rider Fourze & OOOs
Kamen Rider W Forever A-Z
Kamen Rider x Super Sentai

Tokyuger The Movie
Kyoruger The Movie
Goseiger The Movie

Space Sherrif Gavin The Movie

HK Forbidden Super Hero (Featuring Yuki from Fourze)

Gamera 1/2/3

They aren't subtitled, but hey they're there. Oddly they've all got english descriptions though.

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

jivjov posted:

So I finished up After V Season 2 today...I wasn't really enjoying it as much as Season 1 up until the final episode, which was amazing.

I just recently got around to watching both seasons of After V and while it's great for what it is (kind of lampooning the tropes of the genre from a fan's perspective as I'm pretty sure Toei had nothing to do with the production of this) I kind of perfer Akibaranger a little more as that still actually tried to be a Sentai show of sorts in addition to being a parody.

jivjov
Sep 13, 2007

Dinosaur Gum
For me After V is less about parodying Sentai directly (like Akibaranger was) and more just a literal after-work drama of these second rate heroes, and their interactions with the Evil Organization. The comedy comes from that rather than the Sentai stuff.

That said, finally seeing a full transformation and roll call was pretty great.

Cricken_Nigfops
Oct 25, 2011

CROM!

jivjov posted:

For me After V is less about parodying Sentai directly (like Akibaranger was) and more just a literal after-work drama of these second rate heroes, and their interactions with the Evil Organization. The comedy comes from that rather than the Sentai stuff.

That said, finally seeing a full transformation and roll call was pretty great.

So it's like Sunred?

Cipher Pol 9
Oct 9, 2006

The OP lists Go-Anonger as a sub group but it seems like their blog is down. Are their episodes still available anywhere, or is TVN back to the only option for watching it?

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747

Cipher Pol 9 posted:

The OP lists Go-Anonger as a sub group but it seems like their blog is down. Are their episodes still available anywhere, or is TVN back to the only option for watching it?

I think it's on Nyaa, but I'll look around tomorrow after work

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

Saban has filed a trademark for the name "Ninja Steel," which seems to point to that they're skipping ToQ, which I wouldn't blame them for doing.

Some Numbers
Sep 28, 2006

Did their contract change? Didn't they jam Gokaiger into Megaforce because they couldn't skip any series?

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747
They already skipped Go-Busters so it's not unprecedented

Burkion
May 10, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
The way it seems to work is that they adapt whatever Bandai and Toei tell them to adapt.

Neither Bandai nor Toei wanted them to do GoBusters, so it got flushed.

If they feel that ToQger wouldn't sell well in the US, they could do the same.

And to be fair, it's a good bet it wouldn't. As has been gone into before in this thread, and its past iterations, trains are simply not that big a deal in America.

WickedHate
Aug 1, 2013

by Lowtax
Plus, the costumes are way to pre-school looking to work with Power Ranger's badbutt style edginess.

Waffleman_ posted:

Saban has filed a trademark for the name "Ninja Steel," which seems to point to that they're skipping ToQ, which I wouldn't blame them for doing.

So, I see Saban's overwelming genericness isn't ending anytime soon.

Justin_Brett
Oct 23, 2012

GAMERDOME put down LOSER
There still might be Gobusters stuff in Dino Charge, the season finale seems like it went off the rails pretty bad.

Vandar
Sep 14, 2007

Justin_Brett posted:

There still might be Gobusters stuff in Dino Charge, the season finale seems like it went off the rails pretty bad.

In what way?

Dr Tran
Dec 17, 2002

HE'S GOT A PH.D. IN
KICKING YOUR ASS!

Waffleman_ posted:

I wonder why

Dexie posted:

In what way?

The Abaranger villain from Kyoryuger vs Go-Busters is in the Dino Charge toy line. I'm guessing the big Dino team up might happen.

mynameishong
May 5, 2013
Is there any reliable way to see Mechanical Violator Hakaider?

drrockso20
May 6, 2013

Has Not Actually Done Cocaine

mynameishong posted:

Is there any reliable way to see Mechanical Violator Hakaider?

I believe it had an official release on D&D here in the west actually

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Justin_Brett
Oct 23, 2012

GAMERDOME put down LOSER

Dexie posted:

In what way?

The Kyoryuger villain equivalents, and the original one who was leading them, seem to have all died when their base blew up. There's another villain they set up before who's replacing them, and he's sort of similar to Enter.

• Locked thread