Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Angry Grimace
Jul 29, 2010

ACTUALLY IT IS VERY GOOD THAT THE SHOW IS BAD AND ANYONE WHO DOESN'T REALIZE WHY THAT'S GOOD IS AN IDIOT. JUST ENJOY THE BAD SHOW INSTEAD OF THINKING.

Archenteron posted:

Chandra likes her guys the way she likes everything else: flaming

"So, uh, Jace, I heard you're heading to Innistrad."

Angry Grimace fucked around with this message at 01:18 on Jan 6, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Night Danger Moose
Jan 5, 2004

YO SOY FIESTA

Angry Grimace posted:

I wish this image could be the thread title.

Some Numbers
Sep 28, 2006

"LET'S GET DOWN TO WORK!!"

Angry Grimace posted:

Holy poo poo, this is great.

Terrible Horse
Apr 27, 2004
:I
Lol Jace contributed to the battle by doing math

Some Numbers
Sep 28, 2006

"LET'S GET DOWN TO WORK!!"
Yeah, the fact that Jace could somehow block out Kozilek's reality warping powers is bullshit.

Stop shoving Jace down our thoats, WoTC.

Dungeon Ecology
Feb 9, 2011

emrakul killing jace would legit be cool, like storywise and just because gently caress jace

dragon enthusiast
Jan 1, 2010
OGW announced to be the best selling set of all time. grognards.txt complete

StrugglingHoneybun
Jan 2, 2005

Aint no thing like me, 'cept me.

Angry Grimace posted:

Do this with a high res scan from the book so I can make a playmat

Jen X
Sep 29, 2014

To bring light to the darkness, whether that darkness be ignorance, injustice, apathy, or stagnation.

Angry Grimace posted:

yessssss

Yawgmoth
Sep 10, 2003

This post is cursed!

End of Life Guy posted:

Do this with a high res scan from the book so I can make a playmat
I'll take six of this playmat please

Kilo147
Apr 14, 2007

You remind me of the boss
What boss?
The boss with the power
What power?
The power of voodoo
Who-doo?
You do.
Do what?
Remind me of the Boss.

Dungeon Ecology posted:

emrakul killing jace would legit be cool, like storywise and just because gently caress jace

No, no, no. Emrakul doesn't even need to notice Jace exists. While Chandra is doing her Flame On! poo poo, Nissa is doing her leyline thing, and Gideon is whipping it, Jace does his aspegers math, and realizes that in order for it to work, 2+3 must equal 0 and suffers an aneurysm, killing him. Then everyone else runs, gets Ugin and he flips the remaining Oathkeepers off and jumps to Dominaria.

Basically, I want Jace to die like every math genius on TV does. They math too hard, get a nosebleed, and die.

MiddleEastBeast
Jan 19, 2003

Forum Bully
I actually think mcmagic will be proven right (for the first time in history) on the Kalitas/Huntmaster/Chandra's parents debate.

En Fuego
Oct 8, 2004

The Reverend
What the hell is up with Chandra's arm? That has got to be one uncomfortable position.

Flea Bargain
Dec 9, 2008

'Twas brillig

Stolen from reddit:
Exile Simian Spirit Guide (6 cards, 1 mana)
Amulet of Vigor (5 cards, 0 mana)
Simic Growth Chamber, letting it untap and tapping it for mana before bouncing it (4 unknown cards, 2 mana)
Summer Bloom (3 cards, 0 mana)
Replay the Simic Growth Chamber once (2 mana)
Amulet of Vigor #2 (2 cards, 1 mana)
Replay the Simic Growth Chamber with the second and third Summer Bloom land drops, but now you get to tap it twice before bouncing it (9 mana)
Summer Bloom #2 (1 card, 7 mana)
Replay Simic Growth Chamber three more times (19 mana)
Time Reversal (7 cards, 14 mana)
Summer Bloom #3 (6 cards, 12 mana)
Replay another Simic Growth Chamber three more times (5 unknown cards, 24 mana)
Doubling Season (4 cards, 19 mana)
Karn Liberated, which starts at 12 counters (3 cards, 12 mana)
Activate +4, exile Hedron Alignment from your hand (2 cards)
The Chain Veil (1 card, 8 mana)
Activate The Chain Veil (4 mana)
Activate Karn -14, restarting the game with a Hedron Alignment and a new hand (7 cards, 0 mana)
Reveal Chancellor of the Forge from your hand (6 unknown cards)
At the beginning of the restarted first upkeep, Chancellor of the Forge and Hedron Alignment both trigger. Choose to put Chancellor on top. Get a 1/1 token, but don't let the stack clear all the way yet.
Exile Simian Spirit Guide and discard Hedron Alignment to play Lightning Axe, targeting the 1/1 token (3 unknown cards)
In response, exile Hedron Alignment to play Snapback, targeting the 1/1 token (1 unknown card)
Return the token to your hand, where it promptly disappears
Lightning Axe fizzles
Hedron Alignment triggers. Reveal your two-card hand of Chancellor of the Forge and Hedron Alignment. Together with the one you discarded to Lightning Axe and the one you pitched to Snapback, that's enough to win.

Balon
May 23, 2010

...my greatest work yet.

Bonus posted:

I based my list off of this:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a20KP-ozNTc
I cut the slaughter pacts for a night's whisper and a go for the throat, and added some darkblasts and ruin processors to the sideboard (the ruin processors could very well be wrong).

This deck eats up any kind of midrange deck and laughs at tasigurs, goyfs and snapcasters. The discard gives it game against combo decks, the fetchable ghost quarters give you game against tron. Burn/zoo is tough and so is affinity and merfolk, but they don't feel like unwinnable matchups. You can sometimes draw the wrong half of your deck, but that only matters against decks with a fast clock.

You can splash white or red, but I think the consistency of having 4 urborgs and 4 eye of ugin in the mono black version is the way to go.

Also yeah, Reality Smasher is going to give it extra game against a lot of decks.

Consistency of mono black is one thing, but you lose a lot of other exile abilities and a lot of sub tech if not using white. Also, I really don't agree with running 4 of a legendary land - while it does ensure you get them in an opening grip, drawing a second of either is a dead card entirely. Getting an opening grip of 2 Eyes or 2 Urborbs is a 100% mulligan.

Terrible Horse
Apr 27, 2004

Kilo147 posted:

No, no, no. Emrakul doesn't even need to notice Jace exists. While Chandra is doing her Flame On! poo poo, Nissa is doing her leyline thing, and Gideon is whipping it, Jace does his aspegers math, and realizes that in order for it to work, 2+3 must equal 0 and suffers an aneurysm, killing him. Then everyone else runs, gets Ugin and he flips the remaining Oathkeepers off and jumps to Dominaria.

Basically, I want Jace to die like every math genius on TV does. They math too hard, get a nosebleed, and die.

Since they are probably going the Lovecraft/horror/Cthulu version of Emrakul, Jace could just be driven mad by glimpsing him and we get the school-shooter version of Sarkhan the Mad

Lieutenant Centaur
Oct 17, 2010

A soldier will fight long and hard for a bit of colored ribbon
i saw 200 new posts and thought something cool happened....nope, just people arguing with mcmagic

gwrtheyrn
Oct 21, 2010

AYYYE DEEEEE DUBBALYOO DA-NYAAAAAH!

Terrible Horse posted:

Since they are probably going the Lovecraft/horror/Cthulu version of Emrakul, Jace could just be driven mad by glimpsing him and we get the school-shooter version of Sarkhan the Mad

And a glimpse the unthinkable reprint please.

ScarletBrother
Nov 2, 2004

gwrtheyrn posted:

Welcome to Flavor Country.

Lieutenant Centaur
Oct 17, 2010

WhalerWren posted:

Aaaand I missed one.

Quality story-telling.

I'M SO loving TIRED OF STUPID rear end JACE

Lieutenant Centaur
Oct 17, 2010

He's like the John Cena of Planeswalkers.....

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012

Angry Grimace posted:

i was going to come in here and bitch at you for arguing with mcmagic earlier but this image makes it all worth it

GoutPatrol
Oct 17, 2009

*Stupid Babby*

gwrtheyrn posted:

Pretty please with sprinkles and everything. There is no drat reason for that card to be 30 bucks.

Terrible Horse
Apr 27, 2004

GoutPatrol posted:

Pretty please with sprinkles and everything. There is no drat reason for that card to be 30 bucks.

Holy poo poo. The kitchen table mill market is huge.

bhsman
Feb 10, 2008

by exmarx
I think the idea is that the Eldrazi are able to avoid taking physical damage due to their inherent bullshit, so Jace found a way to lock their physical forms in place and Chandra just took care of the rest.

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

What I'm getting at is...
Do you feel the same way?
I think it's difficult to get invested in any of this nonsense.

Terrible Horse
Apr 27, 2004

Rinkles posted:

When I was a kid, the art and the implied lore (there were no "storylines" then) was a huge amount of the appeal. Now its an amusing thing that gets in the way of wizard chess.

Brownhat
Jan 25, 2012

One cannot be a good person and enforce unjust laws.

Of course, Ulamog and Kozilek are still alive, so why are they so excited. Ugin explained why this plan was a bad one already.

Voyager I
Jun 29, 2012

This is how your posting feels.
🐥🐥🐥🐥🐥

bhsman posted:

I think the idea is that the Eldrazi are able to avoid taking physical damage due to their inherent bullshit, so Jace found a way to lock their physical forms in place and Chandra just took care of the rest.

My theory is that the MTG genre fiction writers aren't very good.

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012

Rinkles posted:

i really liked the phyrexians in mirrodin, that was legit cool to me

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

What I'm getting at is...
Do you feel the same way?

Terrible Horse posted:

When I was a kid, the art and the implied lore (there were no "storylines" then) was a huge amount of the appeal. Now its an amusing thing that gets in the way of wizard chess.

I don't mind the world building (and think wotc do an okay job on that front), but following the adventures of beautiful young adult super wizards, not so much.

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

:science:
Soiled Meat

gwrtheyrn posted:

Flavor fail with Ingest/Processing/Eldrazi (if that's indeed where Shadows is going). You'll get 1UB "exile the top 10" with Devoid and you'll like it. And I will still run it in Modern Mill because playing that deck in the first place means I have brain problems.

Also to Wizard's credit, that ending supports their decision to go to a 2 sets/block structure. Can you imagine stretching that ending across an entire block of cards & story? Or a middle set that was just "oh poo poo Kozilek's here"?

C-Euro fucked around with this message at 02:49 on Jan 6, 2016

gwrtheyrn
Oct 21, 2010

AYYYE DEEEEE DUBBALYOO DA-NYAAAAAH!

C-Euro posted:

Flavor fail with Ingest/Processing/Eldrazi (if that's indeed where Shadows is going). You'll get 1UB "exile the top 10" with Devoid and you'll like it. And I will still run it in Modern Mill because playing that deck in the first place means I have brain problems.

Also to Wizard's credit, that ending supports their decision to go to a 2 sets/block structure. Can you imagine stretching that ending across an entire block of cards & story? Or a middle set that was just "oh poo poo Kozilek's here"?

Exiling 10 doesn't work as well with my 6 main board extraction effects though

I too have a terrible modern esper mill deck

Niton
Oct 21, 2010

Your Lord and Savior has finally arrived!

..got any kibble?
Idk, Jace at least makes coherent, thematic sense with the story so far - he blew up his teacher's mind then lobotomized himself to forget about his past, he's a wizard who specializes in mind magic in every incarnation, and his spell is basically a reverse Telepathy.

Mikujin
May 25, 2010

(also a lightning rod)

Legacy Christmas Land!

T1: Island, Ponder/Brainstorm/Preordain
T2: Ancient Tomb/City of Traitors, Hedron Alignment
T3: [Hedron Alignment trigger on the stack], cast Intuition for 3 x Hedron Alignment, [activate Faerie Macabre] exiling one Hedron Alignment, [Hedron Alignment trigger resolves] you win.

Jen X
Sep 29, 2014

To bring light to the darkness, whether that darkness be ignorance, injustice, apathy, or stagnation.
Jace's mind magic stuff is far less obnoxious than either Gideon's "I'd be superman if they had the rights to the character" or Nissa's "we polled an environmentalist group for her motivations" schticks

The point is that Urza should come back in another robot suit, murder the gatewatch, and restart a war with new phyrexia

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

:science:
Soiled Meat
Maybe now that the Eldrazi threat to Zendikar has diminished, Nissa will have more time to be racist again :v:

gwrtheyrn posted:

Exiling 10 doesn't work as well with my 6 main board extraction effects though

I too have a terrible modern esper mill deck

Oh poo poo yeah, you're right. Post your terrible mill deck in the Brewhaus/Eternal threads! I haven't talked shop on that deck in a long time. The correct number of extraction effects is 3/1 MB/SB Surgical Extraction, unless you're counting stuff like Crypt Incursion.

DAD LOST MY IPOD
Feb 3, 2012

Fats Dominar is on the case

the only way that plot is even remotely ok is if ulamog shows up on ravnica or something six blocks from now and Jace is like HOW and ugin shows up and says what the gently caress did I tell you dumbass, were you even listening? did you think it was as simple as 'use fire' jesus gently caress are you retarded

Count Bleck
Apr 5, 2010

DISPEL MAGIC!

Angry Grimace posted:

Chandra mugging to get into a Dreamworks feature film

But she's not an animal?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Boco_T
Mar 12, 2003

la calaca tilica y flaca
The best part about looking through the sale stuff on Star City is how insane their inventory is of some stuff. Like, yeah, you guys have 49 foil Ghostly Prisons, where did they come from?

• Locked thread