Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

AJ_Impy
Jun 17, 2007

SWORD OF SMATTAS. CAN YOU NOT HEAR A WORLD CRY OUT FOR JUSTICE? WHEN WILL YOU DELIVER IT?
Yam Slacker
People seemed to be forgetting that A Tarantino Film are also really, really bad. Hardly an upset, though kudos to the furries for lifting both their unblooded out of the quagmire.

Seven unblooded still blight the tournament, with one third of all matches played.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Spermy Smurf
Jul 2, 2004

AJ_Impy posted:

People seemed to be forgetting that A Tarantino Film are also really, really bad.

Hey now. Take that back! My team had a 2 day slogfest against them.

I dont even know who won but I assume it wasnt us.

So that would make us... superbad?

Tirius
Aug 16, 2007

A short, sturdy creature fond of drink and industry.
Rob Ford... Did something?

I've never been prouder

AJ_Impy
Jun 17, 2007

SWORD OF SMATTAS. CAN YOU NOT HEAR A WORLD CRY OUT FOR JUSTICE? WHEN WILL YOU DELIVER IT?
Yam Slacker

Spermy Smurf posted:

Hey now. Take that back! My team had a 2 day slogfest against them.

I dont even know who won but I assume it wasnt us.

So that would make us... superbad?

Sub-bad.

Locomotive breath
Feb 1, 2010

Ramc posted:

Happy New Year DF Arena Thread.

What a way to start the new year. It's a masterpiece, Ramc. At least now A Lost Cowman is responsible for one good thing!

Edit: Oh also something about how my team is not bad at all and is actually the best.

Locomotive breath fucked around with this message at 22:26 on Jan 2, 2016

Afriscipio
Jun 3, 2013

I, uh, might have made an incorrect bet. Is there any way to reset my bets for this round before it starts?

Mr. Vile
Nov 25, 2009

And, where there is treasure, there will be Air Pirates.

Ramc posted:

Happy New Year DF Arena Thread. From the last round:

I love this thread.

Emmideer
Oct 20, 2011

Lovely night, no?
Grimey Drawer

Afriscipio posted:

I, uh, might have made an incorrect bet. Is there any way to reset my bets for this round before it starts?

*snrk*

Bad Munki
Nov 4, 2008

We're all mad here.

Afriscipio posted:

All my bets are always incorrect bets, what makes YOU so special? :raise:

Emmideer
Oct 20, 2011

Lovely night, no?
Grimey Drawer
To commemorate this being an otherwise very boring round in terms of match-ups, for this round ONLY I placed OVER HALF of my bets as INCORRECT BETS! A perfect time to HOOVER UP some sweet DORFBUX.

For easy identification, look for any match where I bet AT LEAST 2000 dorfbux!

Emmideer fucked around with this message at 19:26 on Jan 3, 2016

Decoy Badger
May 16, 2009
The bets are a little lopsided this round. Not many even matches it seems.

Tunicate
May 15, 2012

Decoy Badger posted:

The bets are a little lopsided this round. Not many even matches it seems.

Or fewer people have been around to reap those sweet sweet 8:1 payouts.

A good poster
Jan 10, 2010
My betting selections are made solely through random.org. It did me kind of rotten last round, but why bother putting actual thought into it now?

Tiler Kiwi
Feb 26, 2011
im very broke

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

im betting against my team

Bad Munki
Nov 4, 2008

We're all mad here.

I'm Bad Munki

Krysmphoenix
Jul 29, 2010
I'm with Bad Munki.

AJ_Impy
Jun 17, 2007

Yam Slacker
I'm with Bad Munki (Coward).

EDIT:

Here, have some top ten kill list stats for the end of the round.

1=, 10 kills: Chaz Steadyfist, In like Flynn
3, 9 kills: Srirarcha Fartstorm Returns
4=, 8 kills: Stumpy, Candy Corn Tiger, Albrik the Insignificant, Dusseldwarf
8=, 7 kills: Turquoise Tonic, Jimbo Akimbo, 3 Gremlins in a Blender

There are 7 unblooded left.

AJ_Impy fucked around with this message at 18:13 on Jan 4, 2016

Spermy Smurf
Jul 2, 2004
:siren: Round 7, Fight 4 :siren:

Team 13: Heavyweight Horrorshow is on the left side of the arena.
Here comes Mongo! (Endorph) is a male troll. He is empty handed and wears a copper helm, leather armor, an iron mail shirt, a copper mail shirt, leather leggings, leather gauntlets, and leather low boots.
ShortName (ZeeToo) is a male molemarian. He wields a copper spear and wears a bronze helm, a copper breast plate, and bronze high boots.
Face (Godna) is a male troll. He wields a copper two-handed sword and wears an iron breast plate, iron greaves, and silver high boots.
Jakob (frankenfreak) is a male werewolf. He wields a copper maul and a copper maul and wears a copper helm and leather armor.

Lightly Whipped is on the right side of the arena.
Ghost-trees (Ghostwoods) is a male molemarian. He wields a silver whip and a wooden buckler and wears a leather cap, leather armor, a copper mail shirt, leather gauntlets, and leather low boots.
Trump's Viscous Discharge (goatface) is a female minotaur. She is empty handed and wears a bronze helm, leather gauntlets, and leather high boots.
Grimmik (FillInTheBlank) is a male gremlin. He wields an iron whip and wears a steel helm.
Jupis Tooki McGannel (GreyPowerVan) is a male strangler. He wields a silver whip and a wooden shield and wears a copper helm, a copper mail shirt, and copper greaves.

Lightly Whipped is a 1.04 to 1 betting favorite in this match with 2602.00 dwarfbucks in total bets placed on them, compared to 2503.00 dwarfbucks for Team 13: Heavyweight Horrorshow.

The gladiators meet in the center of the arena. ShortName gets a great blow in against Trump the minotaur. Trumps foot is diced, she falls to the floor. Her return blow barely bruises ShortName.

ShortName follows it up with another spear to the downed Minotaur. Trumps neck is cloven asunder, the spine is all sorts of hosed up. Jupis Tooki lands a whip on ShortNames arm, but the moleman doesn't register pain.

Face the troll charges the small gremlin Grimmik, and then sends his sword into Trump's arm. Trump promptly passes out from the pain. Jupis Tooki breaks ShortName's rear leg, but again the moleman doesn't register the pain. Jupis abandons that plan and bites Mongo's throat!

That turns out to be a terrible plan. Mongo grabs the stranglers throat and squeezes. Trump is busy being dissected by Jakob and ShortName.

After a few minutes, Trump bleeds to death. Grimmik puts on a whipping clinic on the right side of the arena. Face gets a broken face, Mongo gets a broken arm. Face gets a broken hand, Mongo gets bruised guts (by Ghost-Trees). Face passes out.

Mongo finally turns his attention from Ghost-Trees to the little gremlin that had been bashing him from behind. He stops to throw up for a moment.

Ghost-Trees has his own 3v1 (and then 2v1) to deal with. Jakob the werewolf smashes his foot and Ghost-Trees ignores the pain.

ShortName the moleman puts his spear in the opposing moleman and Ghost-Trees falls to the floor with a non-functioning foot to go with his crushed foot. Jakob blows Ghost-Trees' arm up with his maul.

Mongo reaches for Grimmik, and Grimmik shatters his hand. ShortName and Jakob shatter and stab random bodyparts of the downed Ghost-Trees. Mongo's foot is shattered by the tiny Gremlin.

Ghost-Trees has 0 limbs that havent been crushed or de-tendoned. He becomes enraged at this fact while Jakob bites him and shakes him around.

Mongo makes one more valiant attempt to catch the tiny gremlin, but he receives another broken hand for his troubles. Mongo figures that a whole bunch of broken bones is enough and decides to take a nap.

Jakob finally gets sick of mutilating the downed Ghost-Trees, and crushes his head.

Despite this being a 4v1 it's a very close match. Grimmik is untouched. 2 opponents are unconscious, 1 is barely mobile, and Jakob is near full strength himself. It's basically Grimmik versus Jakob at this point.

Complete and utter disaster for Team 13! ShortName charges at Grimmik who dodges nimbly. ShortName stuns himself as he collides with Jakob. Jakob falls to the floor stunned as well. ShortName manages to plant his spear into Grimmiks arm for the gremlins first injury of the match!

In a stunning turn of events, Mongo shakes off the cobwebs and stands up. Grimmik leaves the two stunned gladiators behind and focus' on Mongo. That didn't take long... Mongo's foot is shattered and he passes out again.

And now Dwarf Fortress AI takes over. Grimmik pounds at Mongo's head for a bit before being chased away by Jakob. Grimmiks dodging holds out until....

...he gets his spine shattered by Jakobs massive maul. His right arm is pulverized moments later. Then his kidney. And his spine again. And his stomach. And Spleen. And right foot.

ShortName the immobile Moleman finally rolls his rear end over to the downed gremlin. A few spear stabs later and Grimmik bleeds to death.

Team 13 wins with a very close 4-0 victory. That really could have gone either way.

Kills:
Jakob: 1
Mongo: 1
Shortname: 2

Team 13 spread the wealth, with every gladiator getting a kill.

Combat Log

Spermy Smurf fucked around with this message at 18:54 on Jan 5, 2016

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

I had a video of that when I was about 6.

I remember it being shit.

Grimey Drawer
Trump did not get a kill, she is on the other team and died. Your kill count is broken.

Spermy Smurf
Jul 2, 2004
You shut your whorish lying face.

Cathode Raymond
Dec 30, 2015

My antenna is telling me that you're probably wrong about this.
Soiled Meat

Spermy Smurf posted:

You shut your whorish lying face.

*attracted by the high quality of this thread's discourse, a newb appears!*

Hello! I am Cathode Raymond, Evilest of Bettors and I have recently signed up for this here crazy thing in the registration thread.

Quick question: What type of exchange rate can I expect when I try to redeem my dorf bux for In Her Majesty's Name campaign dollars?

Cathode Raymond fucked around with this message at 19:13 on Jan 5, 2016

Emmideer
Oct 20, 2011

Lovely night, no?
Grimey Drawer
And the first of my INCORRECT BETS is CORRECTLY INCORRECT. How does the wealth of FOURTH PLACE BETTOR feel, ZeeToo?

Spermy Smurf
Jul 2, 2004

Cathode Raymond posted:

Hello! I am Cathode Raymond, Evilest of Bettors and I have recently signed up for this here crazy thing in the registration thread.

Activated. Protip: Safe bets are always against Bad Munki.

Bad Munki
Nov 4, 2008

We're all mad here.

Fact

AJ_Impy
Jun 17, 2007

Yam Slacker
Advanced strategy: Not only is Bad Munki a player, there is also a gladiator named Bad Munki and a team named Worse Munki. This round, Bad Munki's team is up against Worse Munki, whereas the team with Bad Munki has far easier opposition.

Kinu Nishimura
Apr 24, 2008

SICK LOOT!
Ironically, Bad Munki is not the player whose gladiator is a bad monkey.

Spermy Smurf
Jul 2, 2004
Also you should bet against the player Bad Munki's bets, not against his actual gladiator who is not named Bad Munki.

I think with that pep talk you'll be betting champ in no time.

Bad Munki
Nov 4, 2008

We're all mad here.

It's all so crazy it just might work

or it might not

but still, it might not

Vapor Moon
Feb 24, 2010

Neato!
The Human Font
We'll get 'em next time, Grimmick

Cathode Raymond
Dec 30, 2015

My antenna is telling me that you're probably wrong about this.
Soiled Meat
Alright, I think I have a handle on it...

Bad Munki the player does not manage the gladiator named Bad Munki, nor is Bad Munki (the player) affiliated with Worse Monkey the team, on which there are four gladiators, none of whom are Bad Munki (the gladiator).

Also, there is a gladiator who might be described approximately as a "Bad Monkey" but is not named "Bad Munki" nor is he/she managed by Bad Munki.

Spermy Smurf
Jul 2, 2004
I am impressed that you actually followed all of that.

Emmideer
Oct 20, 2011

Lovely night, no?
Grimey Drawer
Also, always bet on DBZ.

Wait, this isn't saltybet.

Bad Munki
Nov 4, 2008

We're all mad here.

Don't forget, I also have a gladiator, a good gladiator, but a bad bet.

Tiler Kiwi
Feb 26, 2011
i have it on good authority that you should always bet on whatever team I put my money against

please help me im so poor

ZeeToo
Feb 20, 2008

I'm a kitty!

jon joe posted:

And the first of my INCORRECT BETS is CORRECTLY INCORRECT. How does the wealth of FOURTH PLACE BETTOR feel, ZeeToo?

Almost as good as when I was third place! :v:

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

mongo was finally moderately useful

though a good 20% of the combat log is him vomiting

Endorph fucked around with this message at 03:58 on Jan 6, 2016

Spermy Smurf
Jul 2, 2004
:siren: Round 7, Fight 5 :siren:

Hell's Dentists is on the left side of the arena.
Madmartigan (gbuchold) is a male molemarian. He wields an iron pick and a wooden shield and wears no armor.
The Abominable Gladiator (Pickled Tink) is a female yeti. She is empty handed and wears a copper mail shirt, a bronze mail shirt, copper gauntlets, and copper high boots.
In Like Flynn (grobbendonk) is a male dwarf. He wields an iron pick and a wooden shield and wears a copper helm, an iron mail shirt, a copper breast plate, copper greaves, copper gauntlets, and copper high boots.
Krog Bonesmasha (astus) is a male elf. He wields a copper war hammer and wears an iron helm, leather armor, iron greaves, iron gauntlets, and iron high boots.

Team Laser Explosion is on the right side of the arena.
Anthony (dasmause) is a male tigerman. He is empty handed and wears an iron helm, an iron mail shirt, iron greaves, iron gauntlets, and iron low boots.
Mogwai (Dark Off) is a female gremlin. She wields a copper large dagger and a silver buckler and wears no armor.
Molegrim (Maugrim) is a male molemarian. He wields a copper spear and wears a bronze helm and leather gauntlets.
Turquoise Tonic (Hihohe) is a male human. He wields a silver mace and wears an iron cap, leather armor, an iron mail shirt, leather leggings, leather gauntlets, and leather low boots.

Hell's Dentists is a 6.74 to 1 betting favorite in this match with 6743.00 dwarfbucks in total bets placed on them, compared to 1000.00 dwarfbucks for Team Laser Explosion.

The gladiators meet and then completely spin around until I have no idea who is where anymore. Turquoise Tonic technically gets first blood by punching Madmartigan's foot. The skin is torn slightly. Still counts!

It looks like the gladiators have paired off! Anthony squares off against Abominable yeti up top while Turquoise the human faces off with Krog Bonesmasha the elf down bottom. The middle-left area is still a 2v2 melee with the remaining gladiators.

Mogwai the tiny gremlin takes advantage of the confusion in the middle and stabs Madmartigan in the hand, and his pick falls to the floor as tendons are severed. Anthony throws Madmartigan which amounts to nothing before being slammed to the floor by Abominable.

Flynn puts his pick deep into Molegrim's stomach, guts spill across the arena floor. Molegrim retaliates and severs ligaments in Flynn's shield-hand and the shield falls to the floor.

Anthony's eye is kicked so hard it explodes by the ninja Yeti. Abominable follows it up with a 5 finger death punch to the heart. However, it's not a death punch, just more of a heart-bruising punch.

Holy poo poo these molemen are getting torn to pieces. Molegrim's leg is shattered, sending him to the floor. Flynns pick gets stuck in Molegrims kidney moments later. Madmartigan's lungs are bruised which enrages him. Turquoise Tonic sends him to the floor with an exploded foot and then turns his focus to Krog.

Anthony is being knocked down by Abominable over and over again. The tigerman gets to his feet, attempts and attack and is bowled over again. Abominable comes up with an iron mail shirt somehow and begins whipping uselessly at Anthony with it. I really don't get it, I can't find where he would have gotten ahold of it. He was biting, kicking, punching and then all of a sudden in the logs he's holding a shirt and swinging it like an idiot.

Molegrim leans back and stabs Krog in the neck. The bone is bruised and a tendon is torn!

Flynn takes off Molegrims leg and arm with consecutive swings.

Krog and Turquoise trade bruises for a while. Krog finally lands a solid blow on Turquoise's arm which shatters bone and the human passes out from pain.

Anthony stands up only to be knocked down, stunned, by the huge yeti. The iron mail shirt continues to rain down uselessly on Anthony.

In like Flynn buries his pick in Molegrim once more before the moleman bleeds to death.

Krog straddles the downed human and puts his copper hammer into his skull twice before his head explodes.

Mogwai looks around at the 3 large gladiators surrounding him. Anthony knows he must land a blow against the huge Yeti soon before Mogwai is overwhelmed. The iron mail shirt flails around doing nothing per usual.

Krog, Flynn, and Madmartigan
close in on Mogwai. Mogwai dodges a charge and Madmartigan sends Flynn to the floor stunned. Mogwai plants his dagger into Madmartigans leg a few times. The moleman is floored, but still very much in the fight.

Okay, this is the boring part. The fight goes on for what seems to be hours with nothing happening. Every single gladiator is "tired" or "over-exerted" before something happens.

Krog and Flynn chase Mogwai away from Madmartigan whose lung is now filling with blood due to the gremlins dagger. Anthony continues to do nothing against Abominable, but Abominable isn't really doing much to Anthony either.

Mogwai simply will not leave Madmartigan alone. The moleman is really hurting.

Krog and Flynn are both deadly, and they finally catch the small gremlin. Flynn knocks Mogwai to the floor, he stands up immediately. Krog knocks the small gremlin to the floor for the second time in a minute and this time they take advantage. Madmartigan's blow is blocked, Krog's and Flynn's get through. Flynn takes off the gremlins head.

Now it's 4v1 with Madmartigan barely able to move. Anthony goes into beastmode for a moment, blocks are dodged by Krog, Abominable, Flynn, and Krog again without anyone else getting an attack in. But that was just too much effort... The tigerman passes out.

In Like Flynn nearly chops him in half with his pick.

Hells Dentist wins with a "closer than I thought it would be based on the 7:1 bet ratio" victory.

Kills:
Krog Bonesmasha: 1
In Like Flynn: 3

Combat Log

Hihohe
Oct 4, 2008

Fuck you and the sun you live under

Im ruined

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

dasmause
Jul 20, 2015