Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
neonbregna
Aug 20, 2007

stolen from another thread

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

VAGENDA OF MANOCIDE
Aug 1, 2004

whoa, what just happened here?

College Slice
the plot thickens

The Management
Jan 2, 2010

sup, bitch?

neonbregna posted:

stolen from another thread

whoa

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

big shtick energy
May 27, 2004

so Apple made 1.6 million app jobs be created or something

if you read the paper that's from, that's based on scraping indeed.com for "iOS" and "app", and combining that number with some undocumented math mostly created out of thin air but that includes some sources like "informal conversations with tech executives"

BONGHITZ
Jan 1, 1970

Kevin...

Dixie Cretin Seaman
Jan 22, 2008

all hat and one catte
Hot Rope Guy
Kevin why are u associating with an unrepentant sex offender
Kevin who do you think you're going to "Pleasure" exactly

The Management
Jan 2, 2010

sup, bitch?
this brings me no pleasure

sinekumquat
Jun 12, 2005

the most dangerous philosopher in the west
College Slice

The Management posted:

this brings me no pleasure

does reddit's software allow you to declare people mods without their consent?

Puppy Galaxy
Aug 1, 2004

who the hell is half hand

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

Puppy Galaxy posted:

he worked in castle black

The Management
Jan 2, 2010

sup, bitch?

Puppy Galaxy posted:

he's a convicted pedophile (seriously), and frequent ban recipient in the bitcoin and star citizen threads.

carry on then
Jul 10, 2010

by VideoGames

(and can't post for 10 years!)

apple your poo poo is garbage

cremnob
Jun 30, 2010

nope

Puppy Galaxy
Aug 1, 2004

quote="The Management" post="454661679"]
he's a convicted pedophile (seriously), and frequent ban recipient in the bitcoin and star citizen threads.
[/quote]

oh, lol

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003

quote:

Puppy Galaxy posted:

quote="The Management" post="454661679"]

oh, lol

nice fail fucktard

Puppy Galaxy
Aug 1, 2004

Smythe posted:

nice fail fucktard

to what are you referring to friend

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
your failyure

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

THE BIG DOG DADDY
Oct 16, 2013

Rasheed was, with Aliases, the top 7 PvPers in Bone Krew.

No one talks about this.

carry on then posted:

apple your poo poo is garbage

what's the problem here?

VAGENDA OF MANOCIDE
Aug 1, 2004

whoa, what just happened here?

College Slice
my new ipad mini 4 is getting here monday i guess

NyetscapeNavigator
Sep 22, 2003

nice loss comic

poty
Jun 21, 2008

虹はどこで終わるのですか? あなたの魂の中で、または地平線で?
gently caress china

gently caress all 1.3 billion of them

- an apple stockholder

Juul-Whip
Mar 10, 2008

YA BOY ETHAN COUCH posted:

what's the problem here?

im not seeing it either, op is full of fail

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

System 42.0 blaze it

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

i saw one with jesus fighting satan and my crazy cousins mom typing amen on a bunch more

cremnob
Jun 30, 2010

poty posted:

gently caress china

gently caress all 1.3 billion of them

- an apple stockholder

time to buy

qirex
Feb 15, 2001

cremnob posted:

time to buy

not yet

poty
Jun 21, 2008

if the stock doesnt have first quarter results where they sell half as many iphones as last year already priced in then gently caress this gay earth

The Management
Jan 2, 2010

sup, bitch?

poty posted:

if the stock doesnt have first quarter results where they sell half as many iphones as last year already priced in then gently caress this gay earth

I read this sentence too many times and have not been able to parse it in any logical way.

poty
Jun 21, 2008

if
really bad quarter results are not priced in to the stock already
then
gently caress this gay earth

carry on then
Jul 10, 2010

by VideoGames

(and can't post for 10 years!)

poty posted:

if
then
gently caress this gay earth

Athletic Footjob
Sep 24, 2005
Grimey Drawer
This literally happened a few minutes ago, and I may be in need of searching for a new job, pls halp. I created a project at my work that allowed all of our products to be linked up to android apps that our customers can use to control them. Today was the day I was presenting this to upper management. Before starting my presentation, the CEO of my company stopped in and decided he was interested in my project. The presentation goes well, and is very well received. Everyone thinks its a great idea to link our products up to apps instead of controlling them via switches and push buttons. The final slide of my project was titled "Why Android Initially", this is where things went, very, very bad. I presented data showing that Android based devices currently hold >50% market share and Apple is only around 38%. I then proceeded to tell everyone 82% of new phones being shipped right now are Android based. I also explained that development for Android was much easier than iOS. After I finish making these points my CEO just responds with "Well, 82% of people are stupid". Obviously thinking it was a joke, and he just liked Apple more, I responded back with "Looks like we have a fanboy in the room". The room went dead silent for the remainder of my presentation. I finish up the presentation thinking it went quite well, and the CEO storms out. One of the VPs in the meeting pulls me aside, and politely fills me in on the fact that our CEO is one of the largest shareholders of Apple. I kinda just left work after that one...
TL;DR: poo poo on Apple in front of my CEO who's one of the biggest investors in the company and called him a loving fanboy
Edit: rip inbox
Edit2: in the presentation I talked about expanding to iOS when the time presented itself. For now, having the fully designed android app fits everyone's needs. That's why the slide was titled Why Android Initially
Edit3: yes, I own an android. Would I call myself a fan boy? Maybe. I just prefer superior hardware (for lower costs) and open source. Whatever platform offers me that is the one I'll choose. I stated the android facts not to discredit apple, but to show the usefulness of having the android app. An iOS app could not be created in near the time I made the android app, because I would have had to learn other languages etc. It was also just flat out not needed initially.

i hope this retard reddit man gets fired

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003

Athletic Footjob posted:

you hope this guy loses his livelihood? how come?

BONGHITZ
Jan 1, 1970

i wouldn't worry, iPhone people are pretty chill

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

BONGHITZ posted:

i wouldn't worry, iPhone people are pretty chill

im a chill iphone guy and I listen to this music unironically

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uHGPeFqdzVM

kitten emergency
Jan 13, 2008

get meow this wack-ass crystal prison

Athletic Footjob posted:

This literally happened a few minutes ago, and I may be in need of searching for a new job, pls halp. I created a project at my work that allowed all of our products to be linked up to android apps that our customers can use to control them. Today was the day I was presenting this to upper management. Before starting my presentation, the CEO of my company stopped in and decided he was interested in my project. The presentation goes well, and is very well received. Everyone thinks its a great idea to link our products up to apps instead of controlling them via switches and push buttons. The final slide of my project was titled "Why Android Initially", this is where things went, very, very bad. I presented data showing that Android based devices currently hold >50% market share and Apple is only around 38%. I then proceeded to tell everyone 82% of new phones being shipped right now are Android based. I also explained that development for Android was much easier than iOS. After I finish making these points my CEO just responds with "Well, 82% of people are stupid". Obviously thinking it was a joke, and he just liked Apple more, I responded back with "Looks like we have a fanboy in the room". The room went dead silent for the remainder of my presentation. I finish up the presentation thinking it went quite well, and the CEO storms out. One of the VPs in the meeting pulls me aside, and politely fills me in on the fact that our CEO is one of the largest shareholders of Apple. I kinda just left work after that one...
TL;DR: poo poo on Apple in front of my CEO who's one of the biggest investors in the company and called him a loving fanboy
Edit2: in the presentation I talked about expanding to iOS when the time presented itself. For now, having the fully designed android app fits everyone's needs. That's why the slide was titled Why Android Initially
Edit3: yes, I own an android. Would I call myself a fan boy? Maybe. I just prefer superior hardware (for lower costs) and open source. Whatever platform offers me that is the one I'll choose. I stated the android facts not to discredit apple, but to show the usefulness of having the android app. An iOS app could not be created in near the time I made the android app, because I would have had to learn other languages etc. It was also just flat out not needed initially.

lol

Asymmetric POSTer
Aug 17, 2005

Athletic Footjob posted:

lol

Shaggar
Apr 26, 2006

Athletic Footjob posted:

lol ceo guy got owned.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kenny Logins
Jan 11, 2011

EVERY MORNING I WAKE UP AND OPEN PALM SLAM A WHITE WHALE INTO THE PEQUOD. IT'S HELL'S HEART AND RIGHT THEN AND THERE I STRIKE AT THEE ALONGSIDE WITH THE MAIN CHARACTER, ISHMAEL.

Shaggar posted:

lol ceowned.

• Locked thread